What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eagles vs Bears - NFC Wild Card - Henceforth Known as the Double Doink Game (3 Viewers)

iamkoza said:
i think the bears lose if mitchell is careless with the football. 
Mitch threw 3 INTs against the Rams and the game still was never in doubt. And he's playing mistake free football now. 

coyote5 said:
:whoosh: Is this some sort of real handicapping method??  Not a big gambler so I don't know if I just got played or this is some tool I was unaware of :lmao:
Confused the hell out of me. 

Many people, including a lot of Eagles fans, will see firsthand how great this Bears defense really is. And it's not even just  a great defense. It's the best defense in the league in many years.  Don't listen to the media.  They want ratings and big offensive numbers usually mean big ratings. They're never going to admit to being wrong about the Bears. They'll go down with the ship like they always do when they're wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many people, including a lot of Eagles fans, will see firsthand how great this Bears defense really is. And it's not even just  a great defense. It's the best defense in the league in many years.  Don't listen to the media.  They want ratings and big offensive numbers usually mean big ratings. They're never going to admit to being wrong about the Bears. They'll go down with the ship like they always do when they're wrong.
Or many people will see how resilient this Eagles Oline is and how fast Foles let's it go. Oh and playoff experience. That's why we play the games. Of course 50% will be right and wrong. Nothing wrong with that, it's a guess.

It's been so long since the Bears were relevent that I forgot how obnoxious a few of their fans are.  🤣

Bears 2018 (Vikings 2017)

Points Allowed: 282 (252)

Yards Allowed: 4795 (4415)

Avg Yds/Drive: 25.9 (24.6)

Avg Pts/Drive: 1.46 (1.35)

I mean, they're good.  But the hyperbole here is ridiculous.  

Should be an easy win for the bears. Just a tune up before they meet the tougher teams. They're winning it all this year. It won't ever be in doubt. They might as well hand them the trophy right now. 

Bears 2018 (Vikings 2017)

Points Allowed: 282 (252)

Yards Allowed: 4795 (4415)

Avg Yds/Drive: 25.9 (24.6)

Avg Pts/Drive: 1.46 (1.35)

I mean, they're good.  But the hyperbole here is ridiculous.  
Yeah, but to his point, remember how badly that Minny defense ####ed us up...oh wait.  And the Eagles defense is starting to really gel at the right time.  Maddox apparently is a baller, Rasul seems to all of a sudden be "getting it" and is playing great, Tim Jernigan is getting back to being the dominant force he was last year, the rest of the D line is dead nasty.  Mitch is going to have his hands full on Sunday.  If they can keep contain and not let him scramble, he'll force some throws and we'll capitalize.  Think we get a couple of turnovers that are the difference.

Should be an easy win for the bears. Just a tune up before they meet the tougher teams. They're winning it all this year. It won't ever be in doubt. They might as well hand them the trophy right now. 
I agree.  It should be an absolute cake walk for the Bears. If you have any connections, please ask that they don't hurt too many of the Eagle players.

I mean everyone so far in the media (outside of Philly) is talking about how the Bears win this one going away. Seems the Eagles shouldn't even show up to save themselves the embarassment.

Great line of thinking to prepare for a one and done.

Considering there hasn't been a repeat champion in 15 years, nearly all championships are one and done.
I know.  This particular poster has been using this statement for at least a month now with no insight as to specifically why.  The Bears D is really good, but how many players does the team have with actual playoff experience?  I'm hopeful the Saints win it all this year, and like their chances more than any other team.  I still won't count my chickens yet.  I'll say this, the Bears don't have a chance in the dome.  Way too young and inexperienced.  I'm more worried about other NFC teams.

It's a good D, but they did give up 380/3 to Brock Osweiler. So maybe Foles goes for 500/5. 

I know.  This particular poster has been using this statement for at least a month now with no insight as to specifically why.  The Bears D is really good, but how many players does the team have with actual playoff experience?  I'm hopeful the Saints win it all this year, and like their chances more than any other team.  I still won't count my chickens yet.  I'll say this, the Bears don't have a chance in the dome.  Way too young and inexperienced.  I'm more worried about other NFC teams.
I think the Eagles/Bears should be a good game. Big advantage to the Bears defense. Big advantage to the Eagles quarterback.  Player that scares me on the Bears is Tarik Cohen. That will be a big challenge for our linebackers.

I think the Eagles/Bears should be a good game. Big advantage to the Bears defense. Big advantage to the Eagles quarterback.  Player that scares me on the Bears is Tarik Cohen. That will be a big challenge for our linebackers.
If only John Fox could be brought out of retirement to coach this game. Then Cohen wouldn't be a factor.

Still trying to figure out why the line seems so whacked. Was thinking there'd be a ton of Philly fans jumping on the opening line but it moved to 6? I'll take Eagles and the points and wouldn't be shocked at all if the Eagles win. They are hot. The D has played much better. Mitch is green. Parkey a disaster, too much Bears hype. D is real, but if they don't get turnovers vs. capt. dink and dunk I don't see how they win by more than a FG; and Parkey sucks at FGs. The Eagles weakness doesn't match the Bears strength. Mitch will have to throw downfield to win.

Still trying to figure out why the line seems so whacked. Was thinking there'd be a ton of Philly fans jumping on the opening line but it moved to 6? I'll take Eagles and the points and wouldn't be shocked at all if the Eagles win. They are hot. The D has played much better. Mitch is green. Parkey a disaster, too much Bears hype. D is real, but if they don't get turnovers vs. capt. dink and dunk I don't see how they win by more than a FG; and Parkey sucks at FGs. The Eagles weakness doesn't match the Bears strength. Mitch will have to throw downfield to win.
It's a decent matchup as far as hiding the Eagles' biggest weaknesses. Three of our top four corners are still out (Darby, J.Mills, and Jones) and we've been playing patchwork back there for the last 8 games or so.  But Tribisky and his receivers are not up to par with some of the other guys they could have been playing (Brees, Goff, Wilson). Allen Robinson could be a problem, but overall, I think Tribisky has a better chance of hurting us with his legs than his arm.

And I apologize for the use of Us and We.  Full disclosure: I do not play for the Eagles.

I think the line started at 6?  Either way i agree, I think this game is the best case scenario in the playoffs for the birds.  took them at +195 to win.  We'll see.  

I think the line started at 6?  Either way i agree, I think this game is the best case scenario in the playoffs for the birds.  took them at +195 to win.  We'll see.  
Saw it at 5.5 earlier in the week. Not a huge change but took it to mean more action on the Bears.

Bears should win this one since they are at home and have the better defense.

However, Foles plays well in the playoffs (4 games all with QB rating over 100) and Foles plays well against good teams (5 straight wins against teams with 10 or more wins).

That is why they play the games.

Bears should win this one since they are at home and have the better defense.

However, Foles plays well in the playoffs (4 games all with QB rating over 100) and Foles plays well against good teams (5 straight wins against teams with 10 or more wins).

That is why they play the games.
I can't help but feel like this is going to be a toss up.....I'll add that all the pressure is on Da Bears and Trubisky....if they come out tight, I think we'll have a game in which the eagles can win.

I can't help but feel like this is going to be a toss up.....I'll add that all the pressure is on Da Bears and Trubisky....if they come out tight, I think we'll have a game in which the eagles can win.
This is a good point.  Even through Philly's championship run last year, they were never once the favorites in a game. They were playing with house money because everyone thought they were finished once Wentz got hurt.  This year, everyone thought they were finished after the Saints game. Playing without any pressure is a great feeling.  And one that's not given enough recognition.  Not only is Trubisky a playoff virgin, he's the biggest favorite of all the wild card teams. I love it.

No love from Cec or Sig on the preview show.  Both picked the Bears to win big. Not surprising.  It is going to come down to if the Eagles O-Line can give Foles enough time to get rid of the ball.  They won't be running on the Bears with the backs they have but should still try to keep them honest.  Lots of Agholor, Ertz, and Jeffery especially.

If Turbisky plays a clean game then the Bears win but I think the Eagles are starting to hit their stride here.  Would not sho0ck me if they pull this one out out.

I'll go 17-14 Birds.  :homer:

Just a pet peeve of mine but I absolutely hate the phrase “all the pressure is on.....”. In my opinion the pressure is equal for both teams. Both are eliminated from the dance with a loss.  

But Tribisky and his receivers are not up to par with some of the other guys they could have been playing (Brees, Goff, Wilson). Allen Robinson could be a problem, but overall, I think Tribisky has a better chance of hurting us with his legs than his arm.
At least the Eagles have some very recent experience against a running QB (Watson).

If Fletcher Cox keeps playing like he has the past few weeks then the Bears are in trouble.  This will force Turbisky into mistakes.  He does have the legs to escape but if the Eagles just rush 4 or 5 and get pressure that should be mitigated by the LB corp of the Eagles which are now healthy and hitting their stride.

Just a pet peeve of mine but I absolutely hate the phrase “all the pressure is on.....”. In my opinion the pressure is equal for both teams. Both are eliminated from the dance with a loss.  
In these situations there is definitely disproportionate pressure on a given team for whatever reason......the eagles have nothing to lose based on how their season went....every Bears fan in the world is hoping this is a turning point for them after suffering through the Cutler years

A coupe points: if Bloom and Lamey picked the bears that’s good for Eagles fans. I like bloom but they’ve can’t pick a game any better than anyone else. Worse actually.

2. I don’t have the numbers on hand, but I  Believe the Bears played the easiest schedule in the NFL this year with a record of something like 89-112. Someone can check that if they like. The Eagles had almost the reverse of that. The bears remind me of this Year’s Rams. 12-4, rookie coach, young inexperienced QB. Bears about to get the same treatment the Falcons gave the Rams last year. That’s not just my opinion but Ray D’s too. I’ll take his over Bloom and Lammey. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If Fletcher Cox keeps playing like he has the past few weeks then the Bears are in trouble.  This will force Turbisky into mistakes.  He does have the legs to escape but if the Eagles just rush 4 or 5 and get pressure that should be mitigated by the LB corp of the Eagles which are now healthy and hitting their stride.
Timmy Jernigan being back has helped immensely.  My bold predictions:

1.  Cox gets penetration all day and gets home 3 times on Trubisky.

2.  Sproles is the most effective player on the field this Sunday.  They won't be able to run much, so they'll do a lot of screens and dumps to Sproles for big chunks.  In fact, bold prediction 2a.  Sproles catches one of his trademark wheel routes for a long score.

In these situations there is definitely disproportionate pressure on a given team for whatever reason......the eagles have nothing to lose based on how their season went....every Bears fan in the world is hoping this is a turning point for them after suffering through the Cutler years
You may feel they have nothing to lose and the fans may feel that way but I doubt the players and coaches feel that way.  At least I hope not.  Put aside the fact that they are defending champs and appear to finally be playing at that championship level.  Even without that, they go home with a loss.  In my opinion, that’s the definition of “plenty to lose”.

You may feel they have nothing to lose and the fans may feel that way but I doubt the players and coaches feel that way.  At least I hope not.  Put aside the fact that they are defending champs and appear to finally be playing at that championship level.  Even without that, they go home with a loss.  In my opinion, that’s the definition of “plenty to lose”.
Agree to disagree.....feels like more pressure on da Bears to me

adding, too, if anything Bears have outplayed their expectations already from the start of the season. Doesn't feel like more pressure on one side than the other for different reasons. Bears already hit their turning point, this is just the beginning for them and there will be way more expectations they'll have to live up to in 2019 season more so than this playoff run imo. let's see if Trubisky can be that guy for the Bears.

This is gonna be the best game this weekend, looking forward to all of your posts here on Sunday. :popcorn: go eagles!

adding, too, if anything Bears have outplayed their expectations already from the start of the season. Doesn't feel like more pressure on one side than the other for different reasons. Bears already hit their turning point, this is just the beginning for them and there will be way more expectations they'll have to live up to in 2019 season more so than this playoff run imo. let's see if Trubisky can be that guy for the Bears.

This is gonna be the best game this weekend, looking forward to all of your posts here on Sunday. :popcorn: go eagles!
Have they?  I think they need a playoff win or two and for Trubisky to look the part to say that

I agree with this  Look at the line.  They are prohibitive home favorites.  No one outside of Philly expects the birds to do anything.  
This may be true but I’m arguing with the overall sentiment that a team playing in a do-or-die playoff game has “nothing to lose”.  That’s a ridiculous notion to me.  I’m not calling out Manster because I hear that phrase used all the time.  Just never made sense to me.  

/endhijack

This may be true but I’m arguing with the overall sentiment that a team playing in a do-or-die playoff game has “nothing to lose”.  That’s a ridiculous notion to me.  I’m not calling out Manster because I hear that phrase used all the time.  Just never made sense to me.  

/endhijack
Look at it this way.  If Nick Foles gets behind 14-0 and he's 1-7 with an interception, he's not going to be doubting himself. Or thinking what the media is going to say about his choke job.  The guy just beat Brady for a ring.  And his team was the biggest underdog of wild card weekend.  If the Eagles are up 14-0 and Trubisky is turning it over and playing horribly to start, who knows the effect it has on him.  especially if fans start getting restless.

Users who are viewing this thread