What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eagles vs Bears - NFC Wild Card - Henceforth Known as the Double Doink Game (2 Viewers)

I really feel the Bears would be a better match for the Saints, but maybe the Eagles learned a lot from getting obliterated by the Saints in the regular season.

I cannot believe he kicked it off TWO parts of the pole. Parkey is done. Sign Cairo Santos or Nick Novak or whomever is left. Bears lost a heartbreaker.

Good game, Bears perhaps the weakest 12-4 team inm NFL history. they also got a couple calls go their way. Mack not the HOF'er they thought huh? still haven't won a playoff game since , when, the Grossman Era? 

great game by the Eagles. Schwartz >> Nagy and Co...he just is.

So I've been hemming and hawing over this all week. Bears defense is hot this year. Mitchy T is playing well. They have dynamic runningbacks.

Eagles are also hot after coming off the mat from the New Orleans game. The key is the Eagles defense. They are the biggest reason for this turn around. Foles has  been running the offense more efficiently but the defense has got back to form after like 10 injuries. 

This is going to be a battle. Mistakes are going to be the key. I think the Eagles can find a way to make less mistakes than the Bears will having been here last year. 

Eagles 16 Bears 13
Pretty damn close. I was going to call the Parkey miss but didn't want to jinx it.

I cannot believe he kicked it off TWO parts of the pole. Parkey is done. Sign Cairo Santos or Nick Novak or whomever is left. Bears lost a heartbreaker.
billions of people on the planet and the NFL can't find 32 QBs OR 32 kickers that can consistently kick a football straight down the pipe from 45 yards.

Different team than it was earlier in the season.   

Hell, last year the Eagles were supposed to get smoked by an elite D....and they laid 40+ on them.  Eagles 28 NO9.  
I feel like last year was a little different though.  They only had to win 2 games at home to get to the dance.  They barely beat Atlanta and then they smoked the Vikings.  This year they will need to win 3 on the road.  They beat the Bears but that was a pretty fluky win.  They'll need to play a lot better next week and I'm not sure they can keep up.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like last year was a little different though.  They only had to win 2 games at home to get to the dance.  They barely beat Atlanta and then they smoked the Vikings.  This year they will need to win 3 on the road.  They beat the Bears but that was a pretty fluky win.  They'll need to play a lot next week and I'm not sure they can keep up.  
next game is very, very tough. I think the line has to be double figures. but i do think if they can somehow pull a miracle out in New Orleans i like them against the Rams or Cowboys

next game is very, very tough. I think the line has to be double figures. but i do think if they can somehow pull a miracle out in New Orleans i like them against the Rams or Cowboys
If the line is going to be double figures, I'm jumping hard on the Eagles.  Harder than I've ever done so in my life.  That game is probably coming down to the wire as well.  Unfortunately I think Brees ends up on the winning side.  But I hope I'm wrong!

I feel like last year was a little different though.  They only had to win 2 games at home to get to the dance.  They barely beat Atlanta and then they smoked the Vikings.  This year they will need to win 3 on the road.  They beat the Bears but that was a pretty fluky win.  They'll need to play a lot better next week and I'm not sure they can keep up.  
No doubt....and Payton has had their number.

But at this point....it shouldn't surprise anyone if PHI wins in NO.  

I will echo what others have said and point out how dumb the Bears are for sticking with that ####ty kicker.  No one to blame but themselves.

• Smile
Reactions: -X-

Users who are viewing this thread