What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which Two Teams make the Super Bowl? POLE (1 Viewer)

NFC Winner

• Saints

Votes: 118 60.2%
  • Rams

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • Bears

Votes: 24 12.2%
  • Cowboys

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • Seahawks

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Eagles

Votes: 10 5.1%

• Total voters

Zegras11

Footballguy
Seems like for the first time in a long time, there is not a clear cut favorite. 

Who makes it?

Feel free to show your math.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drew Brees at home, gotta love it.

Tom Brady has played in more SB's than all other 11 QB's combined.

Saints vs Patriots

I think this is the year Andy Reid's scouting gets out of the way of Andy Reid the head coach and the Chiefs get in. At least, I hope. I think the AFC is actually more interesting than the NFC this year, just because of the possibilities. LAC is awesome. The AFC East is so mismanaged that the Pats got a bye. Again.  

I have a feeling the AFC bracket is not gonna go as anyone expects. I can see Luck going into Houston (who really haven't beaten a good team all year) and beating them (he did already once). I can see him then going into KC and winning a shootout and Andy Reid kind of sucks in playoffs. I can also see Baltimore winning their game (LA west coast team, 1pm start) and then going into NE running all over them and abusing Brady. So I have Baltimore vs Indy AFC championship game and Baltimore winning. 

In NFC i don't see anyone beating NO at home. 

BAL-NO Super Bowl with Drew Brees winning his second. 

I have a feeling the AFC bracket is not gonna go as anyone expects. I can see Luck going into Houston (who really haven't beaten a good team all year) and beating them (he did already once). I can see him then going into KC and winning a shootout and Andy Reid kind of sucks in playoffs. I can also see Baltimore winning their game (LA west coast team, 1pm start) and then going into NE running all over them and abusing Brady. So I have Baltimore vs Indy AFC championship game and Baltimore winning. 

I see the same thing in AFC and have colts vs saints.  

In the NFC, I have a hard time seeing anyone other than the Saints or Rams (and I probably just jinxed NO).  Especially with those 2 having home field.  The dark horse would be Seattle (who nobody has voted for yet) only because of Russell and his experience. 

In the AFC, I think it's wide open and wouldn't be surprised if any of those teams made the Super Bowl.  I think KC is the best team out of the 6 (that offense is so good) but they've had a couple weeks where they haven't played up to their ability.  Having home field is huge for them.  So that's who I picked (and who I hope goes out of those 6).  I think Indy and Chargers win next week and we're going to see some great 2nd round games with Brady/Luck/Rivers/Mahomes. 

I can see them being one and done.  
Eh. I can see the Chiefs being the one and done team in the AFC. Andy Reid has consistently choked in the playoffs for the last 18 years. That and their secondary is just terrible, and they're gonna have a hell of a time slowing down the Colts, Chargers, or Ravens for that matter.

The Patriots are the healthiest team left in the AFC. They're 15-0 at home going back to October 1st of last season when they lost on a game winning FG. Brady/Belichick playoff experience coupled with the fact that their secondary has been playing great the last month, and they have a legit run game. If anything I feel like they are being counted out too soon. Not saying they make it to the Super Bowl, but they probably have the best chance out of all the remaining AFC teams. 

Why are people dismissing the Bears?  They easily have the best defense in the NFC.  Voted Bears and Chiefs

Eh. I can see the Chiefs being the one and done team in the AFC. Andy Reid has consistently choked in the playoffs for the last 18 years. That and their secondary is just terrible, and they're gonna have a hell of a time slowing down the Colts, Chargers, or Ravens for that matter.

The Patriots are the healthiest team left in the AFC. They're 15-0 at home going back to October 1st of last season when they lost on a game winning FG. Brady/Belichick playoff experience coupled with the fact that their secondary has been playing great the last month, and they have a legit run game. If anything I feel like they are being counted out too soon. Not saying they make it to the Super Bowl, but they probably have the best chance out of all the remaining AFC teams. 
Gronk is far from healthy.  He's been a decoy for a month now.

Colts can beat the Chiefs.  Colts and Ravens are the hottest teams right now.

Gronk is far from healthy.  He's been a decoy for a month now.

Colts can beat the Chiefs.  Colts and Ravens are the hottest teams right now.
He looked fine to me yesterday. And last week for that matter. He's been blocking more than anything, which has certainly helped their run game. Now he's got 2 weeks to rest up, so even more of an advantage. 

I agree about the Colts and Ravens, and think one of them will be playing the Patriots in Foxboro for the AFC Championship.

Rams v. Chiefs 2.0 would probably be the most entertaining, providing all key players are healthy.

I’m rooting for Rivers to get his.  He’s always seemed like a good dude and don’t think I’ve seen any stories to counter that opinion over the years.  Would feel like a fitting conclusion to he and Eli’s career paths, too, after the draft tantrum of years ago.

Lastly, it’s the playoffs now and things are just different.  There’d be no reason for anyone to be surprised to see Brady and the Pats repping the AFC come Super Bowl Sunday

Why are people dismissing the Bears?  They easily have the best defense in the NFC.  Voted Bears and Chiefs
Because they'd have to beat the rams and saints on the road. Tough task imo. And that assumes they beat the defending super bowl champs (they will imo).

Last edited by a moderator:
Tough call this year. I want to see the Rams there--but I think most likely Chiefs vs Saints.   If I had to choose a longshot I think the Eagles would be the team.   

Agree in that no one is beating NO at home;

BAL is the one team that can run and impose its' will on KC and have enough Defense to beat them.  Bal v. NO - NO wins it all. 

Field Yates‏Verified account @FieldYates

A look at each playoff team’s record vs. the rest of the playoff field this season:

* Bears: 2-1

* Chargers: 2-3

* Chiefs: 2-4

* Colts: 2-3

* Cowboys: 3-3

* Eagles: 3-3

* Patriots: 4-0

* Rams: 4-3

* Ravens: 1-2

* Saints: 3-1

* Seahawks: 2-4

* Texans: 2-3

• Smile
Reactions: Ned

This is my inclination as well.  Saints with home field throughout should get there.  I think the Ravens are going to surprise some people.

I don't see anybody beating the Saints in the Dome, except maybe Chicago if they can force turnovers with that stout defense. 

I'm rooting for the Chargers in the AFC, it's going to come down to who stays hot on that side.  Chargers have a very stacked roster, good defense, playmakers all around.  Rumors that Hunter Henry may suit up in the playoffs...

Saints over Chargers in the SB, and Brees gets to remind them of their mistake as he retires into the sunset 

D is great, but in this year's version of the NFL, I don't think you get far without a good QB and the Bears' probably have the 2nd or 3rd worst QB in the playoffs.  

I think the Chargers might have the best all around team in the AFC now, but it's a shame they have to go 3 road games to the SB, and I don't think they do that.   

I think the NFL gets it's wish of a high scoring Arena-league type game for the SB and the Chiefs with their terrible D will go against the Rams or Saints and the game will probably go 45-42 or some nonsense.  

KarmaPolice said:
D is great, but in this year's version of the NFL, I don't think you get far without a good QB and the Bears' probably have the 2nd or 3rd worst QB in the playoffs.  
Agreed but the Ravens have the worst yet everyone is all over them plus the Bears defense is better.  I get going through NO is tough but I don’t think people should sleep on that D

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
I think the AFC goes to whoever wins the Chargers/Ravens game.  I think that is the Ravens but if the Chargers get past them I think they run the table and get to the big game.  On the NFC I think the Saints at home will be tough to beat.  I don't think Gurley is healthy so the Rams are in trouble and I think Trubisky makes too many mistakes to recover from in the playoffs. 

Saints vs Ravens and I think Ravens win it.

Hoping it’s Chargers-Saints so I can wear my Brees Chargers jersey to the game.  Yup I just might go if that’s the matchup because I have rich Saint fan friends who would take pity on me. 

Last time the saints won the super bowl they went 13-3 and their 3 losses were to dallas, Tampa and Carolina. Interesting...

Bears and Cowboys meet in the NFC championship game. Winner goes on to win the Super Bowl.

Because that screws the Raiders the most.

Something tells me to pick the Chargers in the AFC. I think they and the Colts enter hottest, but the Colts are in for a fight in Houston. Houston has the yips for the Colts but has everyone healthy so I think that makes me lean to Chargers over Pats in the AFC title game. I think this is the year the Pats’ age finally catches up with them. 

In the NFC it’s just as much of a crapshoot. I watched that Cowboys dismantling of NO and just can’t shake that. I think the Rams are probably the most complete team in being able to throw and run along with their defense but they also have me hesitant. I should probably pick the Rams, but defense wins championships: Bears. 

Chargers over Bears for the title. 

Saint/Ravens

Ravens can punch Tom Brady in the mouth and make him cry. They can win in Foxboro.  Only thing they got going against them (and it's big...so I'm not dismissing the idea that the Pats aren't going back to the Big Game is BB's record against rookie QBs. )

Reid will screw something up.

Colts/Texans/Chargers - That's watching paint dry.

Saints can score with and on anyone and have a D that can get a TO when needed.

Chiefs aren't winning their first game much less going to the Super Bowl.

Until they fire Bob Sutton this team is going nowhere. He is seriously the worst defensive coordinator in the universe. And he's been here 6 years!!

I don't hate many people, but another sideline shot of that old blubbering idiot with snot running down his nose might just put me over the edge into loony world.

Appreciate all the votes in this thread...  Here's my take...

First, the parity is just insane, especially in the WC round. 
1) Ind at Hou (50/50) .  Colts have won 9 of last 10. Luck is playing very well. He spreads the ball to everyone. Mack and Hines do a solid job as RB's. Their D has played well the last month.   Texans can't keep a WR2 healthy. This is going to hurt them. Miller is not that great and never 100% healthy.
COLTS

2) Sea at Dall (50/50). Another toss up.  Going with SEA as Wilson always finds a way to get it done.
SEAHWAKS

3) LAC at BALT (50/50).  This will be another great game.  The Chargers are 7-1 on the road. They will make the adjustments from the last game.
CHARGERS

4) PHIL at CHI (30/70).  The Bears have also won 9 of last 10.  Have only allowed 42 points in last 4 games. Have dominated very good offenses lately. Eagles do not have much of a running game.  Only way Bears lose is if the let Trubisky lose it.  They are not going to let that happen. Howard is running well and I expect a lot of dump offs to Cohen.
BEARS.
-----------------------------------------------

Colts and Chiefs (50/50)-  This will be a 45-40 game.  Luck will find a way to win it.
COLTS

Chargers at Pats (45/55) -  I think the Chargers have a great shot at the upset here.  Gronk has not been the same all year. If LAC can prevent NE from running well, they can win this.
CHARGERS

Seahawks at Sains (40/60) -    Saints are just too good at home.
SAINTS

Bears at Rams (50-50) -  If Gurley is healthy, Rams.   Rams offense has not been the same until last week since Kupp went down.
RAMS
------------------------------------------

Colts vs Saints in SB.

Appreciate all the votes in this thread...  Here's my take...

First, the parity is just insane, especially in the WC round. 
1) Ind at Hou (50/50) .  Colts have won 9 of last 10. Luck is playing very well. He spreads the ball to everyone. Mack and Hines do a solid job as RB's. Their D has played well the last month.   Texans can't keep a WR2 healthy. This is going to hurt them. Miller is not that great and never 100% healthy.
COLTS

2) Sea at Dall (50/50). Another toss up.  Going with SEA as Wilson always finds a way to get it done.
SEAHWAKS

3) LAC at BALT (50/50).  This will be another great game.  The Chargers are 7-1 on the road. They will make the adjustments from the last game.
CHARGERS

4) PHIL at CHI (30/70).  The Bears have also won 9 of last 10.  Have only allowed 42 points in last 4 games. Have dominated very good offenses lately. Eagles do not have much of a running game.  Only way Bears lose is if the let Trubisky lose it.  They are not going to let that happen. Howard is running well and I expect a lot of dump offs to Cohen.
BEARS.
-----------------------------------------------

Colts and Chiefs (50/50)-  This will be a 45-40 game.  Luck will find a way to win it.
COLTS

Chargers at Pats (45/55) -  I think the Chargers have a great shot at the upset here.  Gronk has not been the same all year. If LAC can prevent NE from running well, they can win this.
CHARGERS

Seahawks at Sains (40/60) -    Saints are just too good at home.
SAINTS

Bears at Rams (50-50) -  If Gurley is healthy, Rams.   Rams offense has not been the same until last week since Kupp went down.
RAMS
------------------------------------------

Colts vs Saints in SB.
I picked the same two before I read your post. . . interesting.  My thought was that both teams are hitting their stride right now.  If this happens, and I live here in Indianapolis, I fear the Saints will clean up b/c they have SO many weapons on that team plus they have a really good D.  I'll root on the Colts but I don't believe they could overcome the Saints this year if they get this far.

The 13 people who each took the Texans and Ravens have half their pick wrong...same with 24 Bears and 5 Seahawks pickers.

I'm curious if anyone had the possible all-blue Texans - Bears matchup. 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread