What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Pro Bowl...? (1 Viewer)

ZenoRazon

Footballguy
Back in the day The Pro Bowl was a game between the second best teams in the West/East conferences.  Yep....why?

We also had The College All Star game which was the NFL champions vs a gang of college kids, believe it not the college kids actually won a few of these games.  I know.....really???****

Well, we did see what a rookie RB can do vs the big guys in Barkley and Mayfield/Jackson not too overwelmed. Young guys do have young legs.

Anyway.....

Why not vote these guys in giving the props for having a great season but.......no actual game?  Watching all that butt slapping, the total lack of intensity (and if anyone shows some it;s....dude, be cool, ok?.....coming from teammates). 

Prediction.....Rodgers and Brady will get out of it.

I love the NFL,  have never missed a game I could watch on TV,  everybody knows it's.....football, sex, $$$$$$, music, track...in my world. But;.....have passed on The Pro Bowl for awhile now, I have to have some emotion, something.

Watch what happens if somebody gets seriously hurt in this silliness.  Then.....ok, time to dump this.

**** no doubt the pros were, yawn, while the college guys all jacked up.

Would like to see the return of the NFL's Fastest Man.  Each team can enter a guy, yep, heats, semi, final.

Here is many times NFL Fastest Man.Darrel Green while still at Texas A&I.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHrXUcjxWv8

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you say "track"?  Head scratcher....

but I totally agree. I haven’t watched the pro bowl in a couple of decades for the same reason I don’t watch movies about sports. There's no REAL competition happening and nothing real at stake. 

I do DVR the Skills Competitions that they have bought back recently that happen a couple of days before the Pro Bowl. That is straight up fun stuff and I think that would be all they need to do for 2 hours on a Sunday and skip the Pro Bowl entirely. 

Did you say "track"?  Head scratcher....

but I totally agree. I haven’t watched the pro bowl in a couple of decades for the same reason I don’t watch movies about sports. There's no REAL competition happening and nothing real at stake. 

I do DVR the Skills Competitions that they have bought back recently that happen a couple of days before the Pro Bowl. That is straight up fun stuff and I think that would be all they need to do for 2 hours on a Sunday and skip the Pro Bowl entirely. 
I was a track guy/footballer, ran the sprints and long jumped.  A pet interest of mine.

Love sports movies especially boxing, and how can ya beat this scene?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8vXroMMGdM

Great scene here....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjkHZyGpdh8

Keep waiting for the Tom Molineux Story, he was a plantation  fighter. a slave who won so much $$$$$ for his owner he was granted his freedom, ended up over in Europe fighting for a world title.

Just put the flags on and outlaw tackling.
Would ya believe....

It;s been awhile, back when Thurman Thomas could still run and Dan Marino could still throw, because it was them and some other retired NFLers taking on an actual natonal caliber flag football team, a slew of quick, speedy160 pounders who could all catch.  They destroyed the NFLers, a whole other level of quicks.

There are little guys out right now far quicker than anything in the NFL but, too small, talking 140ish pounders.

Imagine this flag team.

Everybody eligible and 8 man.

QB..Russell Wilson

Julian Edelman

Wes Welker

Danny Amendola

Colt Beasley

Ryan Switzer

Adam Theilen

Tommy McDonald

That game is all about quicks.  A guy like Derrick Henry would be useless.

The stars this season would be Tarik Cohen and Tyreek Hill.

Russell Wilson will replace Rodgers in the Pro Bowl, I think this gives him 5 in his 7 season career.

How Rodgers was there ahead of Wilson,  a real..?????   Wins...Wilson, stats...Wilson.

A real head scratcher.

Wilson is now among the top 4/5 QB's in the NFL.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Really wish they'd bring back The NFL Fastest Man, which would be a 60.

This is pretty cool, Hill**** vs Usain Bolt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lk_1BTd3M8

That was based on what Hill ran in HS.

Ha~~~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiU4xQ7ICM4

**** Hill bailed out of track at the NCAA level for football, if he'd been serious about the sport he would have been in the mix in that Olympic 200m, he was all that.

Last season Russell Wilson sucked in the Precision passing contest, and I read..Wilson Sucks .....

Funny how when a guy nails it......nothing.

I guess he put on a show, I didn't see it.

I don't think he throws darts into small windows like some but his ability to throw guys open and lead a receiver along with his.....will he run?....the best. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How many of these guys pulled out?  How can they get away with that?

I always think about....what the hell might as well watch.....but never do, ha~~~~

Would love to see Wilson throw a bomb to Tyreek Hill, but now that can't happen being AFC vs NFC again.

Division All Star teams, hmmm?

AFC WEST

QB...Patrick Mahomes

RB...

What was I thinking when I made this thread?

I did try something I haven't done in years,  I almost got to the second Q.

I don't want anyone ever getting hurt, but, that is what it will take before they dump that silliness.

They really could just go to this being an awards show 

People seem to care how many pro bowls you've been in when voting for HOF but not to watch the game.

People seem to care how many pro bowls you've been in when voting for HOF but not to watch the game.
I totally agree 100%.

Congrats you have been voted in, you are a pro bowler.  That way we don't see those who really weren't voted in....ha~~~

I guess some fun and games and a big meal would be ok, just pass on an actual, slap butt football game.

This game was bad in so many ways. I typically dont tune in, but it was on at work today. 

The refs were blowing the whistle before any contact was made. That was a mockery of football. The only decent effort was given with players got to play on the other side of the ball.

Jason Garrett sucks. The ESPN crew sucked. Trying to work Disney actors into the sideline reporting was a joke. 

Stick with skills challenges and call it day.

This game was bad in so many ways. I typically dont tune in, but it was on at work today. 

The refs were blowing the whistle before any contact was made. That was a mockery of football. The only decent effort was given with players got to play on the other side of the ball.

Jason Garrett sucks. The ESPN crew sucked. Trying to work Disney actors into the sideline reporting was a joke. 

I didn't get that far but will agree anyway.

Co-sign.

I doubt many of us locals ventured out in this weather to see sloppy, uninterested football; just nastiness all dang day in Orlando.  How’d the stands look on TV?  Citrus Bowl people really hoped landing this gig would help spotlight the stadium further as they angle toward a college football playoff game, doesn’t seem to have been all that beneficial so far

Didnt watch the game at all (haven’t watched in over a decade I think). 

My sons and I just finished watching the skills challenge and it was a blast. Keep that, trash the rest. 

Would love to see Wilson, Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady in a passing contest.

See if anyone can beat Tyreek Hil in a 60.

Arm wrestling?  Something they did have back in the day.  Stan White a Viking ruled.

Standing long jump?

Bench press?

Something like 8 million people watched last year. They’re never getting rid of it. 

Will use this thread for this.

What is with all this silly Alias/Troll...talk here? 

That is what little kids with no common sense play,  trust me way wayyyyyyyyyy beyond that, ok?

I have never been here before Dec 28, I am however a long time poster from blues, rasslin', track, football, music in general, forums. I don't troll I don't get silly with alias....why would any grown man go there?  Come on.

You're a troll....haha~~~  How about retired insurance sales, a grandpa, and totally far beyond......you troll you...ha~~~~~~~~~~~

Please stop with that silliness, pretty please.

Will use this thread for this.

What is with all this silly Alias/Troll...talk here? 

That is what little kids with no common sense play,  trust me way wayyyyyyyyyy beyond that, ok?

I have never been here before Dec 28, I am however a long time poster from blues, rasslin', track, football, music in general, forums. I don't troll I don't get silly with alias....why would any grown man go there?  Come on.

You're a troll....haha~~~  How about retired insurance sales, a grandpa, and totally far beyond......you troll you...ha~~~~~~~~~~~

Please stop with that silliness, pretty please.
Thanks for the thread, it was a terrible game.

That being said, you're a strange cat.

Now I;m baiting?

Funny....

poster..I think Peyton Manning is the GOAT.

Zeno....not me.

poster....look guy stop baiting, ok troll?

Ha~~~~~~~~~~~😎

Worst all-star game in professional sports, imo.  I get that they don't want to go all out for risk of injuries, etc., but it just isn't that fun to watch.  RBs look like they're going through a pre-game walk-through.  Everyone standing around, wishing they were not there.  

I also get that a DLineman wants to play QB or whatever, but it got out of hand and was just dumb, imo.  Kamara lining up and rushing from DE.  Yay.  OT doesn't care, just wants to get inside out of the rain.  I wanted a blocker to pancake one of those guys.  Get off my lawn, yeah.  

And what's wrong with Hawaii?  Why'd they stop going there.  At first I liked it moved to the week prior to the SB.  Now, with the product they put out there, I don't care if they ever play that game again.  So bad.  

Worst all-star game in professional sports, imo.  I get that they don't want to go all out for risk of injuries, etc., but it just isn't that fun to watch.  RBs look like they're going through a pre-game walk-through.  Everyone standing around, wishing they were not there.  

I also get that a DLineman wants to play QB or whatever, but it got out of hand and was just dumb, imo.  Kamara lining up and rushing from DE.  Yay.  OT doesn't care, just wants to get inside out of the rain.  I wanted a blocker to pancake one of those guys.  Get off my lawn, yeah.  

And what's wrong with Hawaii?  Why'd they stop going there.  At first I liked it moved to the week prior to the SB.  Now, with the product they put out there, I don't care if they ever play that game again.  So bad.  
And not one of those TV guys can ever tell the truth, just once I;d love to hear........nobody wants this, it sucks and if ya get out of it you do.

Yeah, I don't blame guys for skipping this event.  Now when it was in Hawaii more of the players wanted to go for the free week family vacation on the island.  

What in the hell is this game?!?  It is literally 2 hand touch. Why not just give them all a belt with flags? Would literally be more exciting than this. 

Oh and I actually had it on for the national anthem.  The sound and mics and earpieces were all off and sounded ridiculous.  Just an embarrassing event all around. 

This game is the biggest joke in sports. Basically two hand touch now. They have to get rid of it.
Today is the 1st time in about 6 or 7 years that I watched some of the game, I don’t know how but it’s actually gotten more ridiculous.   It would be more interesting if they actually went to flag football rules.

Users who are viewing this thread