What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvin Lewis fired (1 Viewer)

Marvin Lewis trying to screw over the team that let him hang around for 16 years. 'Hey Hue, come on in and I'll recommend you as the next HC when they fire me. We both know you suck and I want to get back at this team for firing me.'

Can Hue be that stupid to take a job knowing he is going to get slapped across the face twice a year by Baker Mayfield?

If the Bengals interview Jackson, it would satisfy the Rooney Rule...
Does it?  They changed the rule so interviewing someone that is already inside the organization doesn't count towards it.   Does it make allowances for legitimate candidates inside your organization while still closing the loophole of pulling in your TE coach for a sham interview?

Marvin Lewis trying to screw over the team that let him hang around for 16 years. 'Hey Hue, come on in and I'll recommend you as the next HC when they fire me. We both know you suck and I want to get back at this team for firing me.'

Can Hue be that stupid to take a job knowing he is going to get slapped across the face twice a year by Baker Mayfield?
God I hope so!  🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wouldn’t put it past Mike Brown to hire Jackson just to prove he was smart to keep Lewis all these years.  

Does it?  They changed the rule so interviewing someone that is already inside the organization doesn't count towards it.   Does it make allowances for legitimate candidates inside your organization while still closing the loophole of pulling in your TE coach for a sham interview?
Didn't realize they changed the rule. If that interview doesn't count and it's a legit interview...oof.

Didn't realize they changed the rule. If that interview doesn't count and it's a legit interview...oof.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000999110/article/nfl-expands-rooney-rule-requirements-to-strengthen-diversity

The enhancements to strengthen the Rooney Rule include:

1. Clubs must interview at least one diverse candidate from the Career Development Advisory Panel list or a diverse candidate not currently employed by the club;

2. Clubs must continue best practice recommendation of considering multiple diverse candidates;

3. Clubs must maintain complete records and furnish to the league upon Commissioner's request; and

4. If final decision-maker is involved in the beginning, he/she must be involved through the conclusion of the process.
I wonder if he's considered on the list mentioned.  Of course, they could just keep interviewing.

SiriusXM NFL Radio's Alex Marvez reports Marvin Lewis is a "serious contender" for the Redskins head-coaching job.

Lewis spent this season in an advisory role at Arizona State. He's said he doesn't want to return to the NFL, but there are rumblings he's already interviewed for the Redskins job. Lewis had a winning record during his 16-year tenure with the Bengals and would be a safe hire for a team that hasn't made the playoffs since 2015. Hiring Lewis would suggest the Redskins are in win-now mode despite having one of the worst rosters in the league.

RELATED: 

Washington Redskins

SOURCE: Alex Marvez on Twitter

Dec 28, 2019, 1:07 PM ET

Marvin Lewis was fired???

I just assumed by the Bengals record that he was still their head coach.
I mean, he took a team that had averaged 4.5 wins per season for the prior 12 years, was a laughingstock,and has one of the worst front offices and ownership in football, and came out 9 games over .500 including 7 playoff appearances so ...

i’m not saying he is Vince Lombardi, but he really shouldn’t be considered a punchline 

I mean, he took a team that had averaged 4.5 wins per season for the prior 12 years, was a laughingstock,and has one of the worst front offices and ownership in football, and came out 9 games over .500 including 7 playoff appearances so ...

i’m not saying he is Vince Lombardi, but he really shouldn’t be considered a punchline 
And he's had to deal with a lot of knuckleheads during his time there too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arizona State hired former Bengals coach Marvin Lewis as co-defensive coordinator.

Lewis interviewed with the Dallas Cowboys last month but left without a job. He'll now work under Herm Edwards at Arizona State as a defensive assistant. Lewis is likely viewing this as a stop gap into getting back into the NFL but returning to the league as a coordinator isn't guaranteed at this point.

RELATED: 

Cincinnati Bengals

SOURCE: Doug Haller on Twitter

Feb 4, 2020, 7:29 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread