What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Damien Williams & CJ Andersons 2019 prospects (1 Viewer)

MJ63

Footballguy
In a dynasty league I picked up Damien Williams off waivers in week 15 and CJ Anderson in week 16.  Both helped me win a championship.  What are their 2019 prospects?  

Williams will be 27 next season was just extended by KC for 2 years and has low mileage.  He never showed much until the end of this season but was impressive with the small sample size. 

CJ Anderson will be 28 next season and a FA.  6 years in the NFL, 1 thousand+ yard season.  He looked good week 16 and 17 for the Rams.

Damien has great prospects depending on if KC drafts someone high or resigns Ware. In redraft again assuming KC doesn't bring back Ware or draft some hot kid then he will probably be drafted in the 2nd round in redraft and be ranked as a borderline RB1/RB2 going into the season. Anderson probably will not do anything next year. His two good final games were behind a great OL and playing against garbage defenses that weren't playing for anything. Don't forget he was cut from 3 teams, Denver, Carolina and Oakland which is an indication of what his real worth is.

Damien has great prospects depending on if KC drafts someone high or resigns Ware. In redraft again assuming KC doesn't bring back Ware or draft some hot kid then he will probably be drafted in the 2nd round in redraft and be ranked as a borderline RB1/RB2 going into the season. Anderson probably will not do anything next year. His two good final games were behind a great OL and playing against garbage defenses that weren't playing for anything. Don't forget he was cut from 3 teams, Denver, Carolina and Oakland which is an indication of what his real worth is.
I was coming in to say just about the exact same thing.  In KC's offense with no real competition Williams should be a solid FF moving forward. However, that is really dependent upon what KC does in the off season.  The fact he got extended is a good sign that they like him and he will be in their plans moving forward......we just need to see if there will be any other mouths to feed as the season gets closer.

Anderson has been decent when given the volume.  As beerbuff stated I wouldn't put too much stock into his great last couple weeks because of the unusual circumstances that led to those big weeks.  If you can hold to see where he might land to see if it's favorable I would do so but if you need to free up space I have no issue dropping him for someone with more upside or a clearer path to usage. 

Users who are viewing this thread