What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Playoff League player rankings - who ya got? (1 Viewer)

MissionCoach

Footballguy
Decided to keep the fun going and join a playoff league.

Standard scoring, 1 PPR.  I'm thinking that Mahomes, Gurley, Kamara, Brees, Gordon, should all be top 10 picks.

How do you rank the top 10?

Decided to keep the fun going and join a playoff league.

Standard scoring, 1 PPR.  I'm thinking that Mahomes, Gurley, Kamara, Brees, Gordon, should all be top 10 picks.

How do you rank the top 10?
Scoring format (beyond just being a PPR) is important.  Is it a total points for the entire playoff or are their eliminations each week?  Do you draft at the beginning and let it ride or do teams get eliminated and partial redrafts happen? 

Typically the way I approach a playoff league (draft at the beginning and let it ride - total points for entire playoffs) is to figure out how I think the playoffs will play out.  If there are wild card teams that I think have a legit shot at getting four games I try and load up on their key players.  That extra game pays off if you can put your eggs in that basket.  I usually take risks and try and put all eggs in a basket if possible.  I have found that spreading things out is usually a recipe for finishing in the middle of the pack. 

Be aggressive and take risks.  If you hit you win going away and if you don't you flame out.  Typically you don't get anything in the middle so it's the same as flaming out.  Go big or go home.

I think the winner of Chargers/Ravens has a good shot to get 4 games.  I am going to try and load up on one of those teams.  I doubt you can go eggs with KC/Rams/Saints as they are the high scoring flashy teams that everyone will want a piece of.  I don't mind getting Kamara/Hill/Kelce with my first pick if available and then stock up on Chargers or Ravens players (depending on which is more likely to fall to you as the draft goes).  I didn't put Mahomes or Brees because I think you can get Lamar Jackson/Rivers later at the QB spot and if they go 3 or 4 games won't be too far behind at that position.

So bottom line I think you need to go eggs on a team you think will go to the Super Bowl (preferable a team with a potential of 4 games).  Sprinkle in a player of a favorite to keep those players spread out and hope you picked the right horse to bet on. 

Usually in the playoff leagues I have typically seen the winner load up on either one or two teams, if two teams then they are from different conferences. So stack as much as possible and don't diversify. So example would be KC and LAR or NO. I would have cleaned up last year if it wasn't for the Minnesota miracle as I was almost 100% with NO and would have easily won had they made it to the Super Bowl.

Since we don't know your starting requirements it is hard to nail down a lineup but assuming you need a defense and a kicker and draft 2 QB's as many leagues require if I were to stack 10 players I would go Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Williams, Butker, Goff, Gurley, Woods, Cooks, LAR

Users who are viewing this thread