What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Playoff Re-Draft - What does the 1st round look like? (1 Viewer)

Goooals

Footballguy
Playoff drafts are always fun.  I am in a 10-team, pick any player draft.  No limitation on players or types of positions you can have on your roster.  Stacking has seemed to work best in years past and obviously having players make it all the way to the SB is really the only way to win.

I'm thinking Gurley or Kamara are the #1/#2 pick, maybe followed by brees and Goff.  After that, it gets really complicated.  I guess it really comes down to who think makes it and plays the most games.

Rank your top ten picks:

1. Gurley

2. Kamara

3. Brees

4. Goff

5. Thomas

6. Elliott

7. Mahomes

8. Gordon

9. Ingram

10.  Woods 

Last edited by a moderator:
Started ours today. Started Mahomes, Brees, Gurley, Kamara, Watson, Brady, Hopkins, Hill, Goff, Thomas. You really need a QB that plays 3 games, at least in our non-ppr league. Tough this year with all of the wildcard games being closely matched. 

Brees and Goff both over Mahomes seems curious. I would think you rank only one NFC QB over the top AFC QB unless you think AFC is that wide open and the NFC is down the #1 and #2 seeds.

i also wouldn’t rank guys like Gordon, Ingram and Woods over the likes of Kelce and Hill.

Just have to pick your teams and load up. Really a crap shoot this year.

Have the #1 pick in mine and am debating Mahomes, Brees, or Kamara.

Playoff drafts are always fun.  I am in a 10-team, pick any player draft.  No limitation on players or types of positions you can have on your roster.  Stacking has seemed to work best in years past and obviously having players make it all the way to the SB is really the only way to win.

I'm thinking Gurley or Kamara are the #1/#2 pick, maybe followed by brees and Goff.  After that, it gets really complicated.  I guess it really comes down to who think makes it and plays the most games.

Rank your top ten picks:

1. Gurley

2. Kamara

3. Brees

4. Goff

5. Thomas

6. Elliott

7. Mahomes

8. Gordon

9. Ingram

10.  Woods 
Have you mapped out who you think wins each round?  I am going to avoid any Chargers in mine.

Rank your top ten picks:

1. Gurley

2. Kamara

3. Brees

4. Goff

5. Thomas

6. Elliott

7. Mahomes

8. Gordon

9. Ingram

10.  Woods 
I’d have Hill and Kelce in the top 10 instead of Gordon and Ingram. And Elliott would be outside too, maybe Edelman or Brady sneak in. In a 10 team league I’d see Elliott bunched up in 2nd round with other top guys, like Hopkins and Hilton, who are only like 50/50 chance for 2 games but very small chance more games. I’d def only pick 1st round player with good shot to go to Super Bowl. 

I dont think KC is going to the SB.  I'm not even sure they make it past game 1. The whole AFC is wide open. Picking Mahomes #1 overall seems very risky to me over Brees, Goff, Gurley or Kamara.

Been following some of the online contest teasers that show the first several rds.  None of them show the top QBs as early as our league will take them.

Example Draft #1 (how they let the 1st spot have Kamara/Brees/Ingram ...geezus)

Rd 1 - Kamara/Gurley/Mahomes/Tyreek/MT/Hopkins

Rd 2 - Kelce/Elliott/DamWilliams/MG3/Michel/Brees

Rd 3 - Ingram/Brady/K Allen/RWoods/Cohen/Edelman

Example Draft #2

Rd 1 - Mahomes/Kamara/Gurley/MT/Kelce/Tyreek

Rd 2 - DamWilliams/Hopkins/Brees/Elliott/Edelman/Woods

Rd 3 - Cooks/Brady/MG3/Michel/Ingram/Cohen

Example Draft #3

Rd 1 - Gurley/Mahomes/Kamara/Hopkins/MT/Kelce

Rd 2 - Elliott/MG3/Tyreek/Brees/DamWilliams/Goff

Rd 3 - KAllen/Cohen/Edelman/Ingram/DWatson/JWhite

Example Draft #4

Rd 1 - Elliott/Kamara/Mahomes/Gurley/Michel/MG3

Rd 2 - Hopkins/Brady/MT/Kelce/Brees/Tyreek

Rd 3 - LJackson/Ingram/Cohen/Goff/Edelman/Cooks

I like the rotoworld article.  Load up on Saints and Bears in the NFC.  Rams have a tough road ahead.  AFC is difficult, but NE should be able to safely play at least two games.  Fill in with other players and I like that team.  With the #1, I think Brees is the call. 

Just have to pick your teams and load up. Really a crap shoot this year.

Have the #1 pick in mine and am debating Mahomes, Brees, or Kamara.
I'd be interested to see what people think about this. We've been doing a playoff draft for like 10 years, I don't think I've ever won. I used to pick a few teams and stack them up, but I've had like 5 or 6 players still left playing in the SB and still lost.

Last year I did better by picking players from a larger variety of teams, so my plan this year was to mostly just pick the individual players that score the most. Like taking Hopkins even if I don't feel strongly about the Texans winning because he can put up so many points in just a game or two.

Curious whether most try to stack a team or two or go the more varied route.

I'd be interested to see what people think about this. We've been doing a playoff draft for like 10 years, I don't think I've ever won. I used to pick a few teams and stack them up, but I've had like 5 or 6 players still left playing in the SB and still lost.

Last year I did better by picking players from a larger variety of teams, so my plan this year was to mostly just pick the individual players that score the most. Like taking Hopkins even if I don't feel strongly about the Texans winning because he can put up so many points in just a game or two.

I’ve done well in these but always by guessing at least one of the teams in the SB. Of course you flame out if they get upset.

Having 5 players in the SB and losing just seems like some bad luck.

Ill also take kicker and defense on the team I’m picking early.

This year is tough because it’s wide open but Brees, Lutz, NO def, then grab one of those random WR’s they have later is going to be hard to beat I’d think if Saints are playing in the SB.

I don't think chalk is the answer this year. Something about NO being such a huge favorite gives me pause, especially from a $$ perspective. There's going to be so many Saints heavy teams in open selection format that even if you make it to the SB with Brees, Kamara, NO Def, etc there will be 75% of the other teams  in the pool there too.

I do an auction playoff pool and I will not be investing in New Orleans because of the steep prices that I know kamara, Thomas and Brees will be carrying.

I find this to be dependent upon the type of playoff year it is.  Some years have been low scoring defense battles with maybe a shootout or two.  If you stacked on a low scoring defensive team that made it to the super bowl you still could lose to a team that had a bunch of players that lost early but had big scoring weeks.  However, stacking on a team that plays 3+ games seems to be the best scenario to winning.  Spreading players out typically leads to finishing in the middle of the pack. 

This year I think the winner of the Ravens/Chargers will go to the Super Bowl.  Because of that I will be trying to load up on one of those teams and may let the draft dictate which one I can stack.  Then hope for the best.  They get 4 games if they get there which is a nice advantage and even if they lose in the Conference Championship they still get the same games as a 1 or 2 seed that goes to the Super Bowl.    Draft is tonight so it should be interesting.

Have you mapped out who you think wins each round?  I am going to avoid any Chargers in mine.
I am picking the winner of the Ravens/Chargers game to go to the Super Bowl.  I think it's a coin flip on who wins that game but I think those two teams are best suited to beat the other AFC teams and get to the Super Bowl.  I am going to let the draft dictate which team basket I put all my eggs in. 

What’s everyone’s feelings on Damien Williams. I’ve seen him higher than I feel comfortable in playoff rankings. Spencer Ware got in two full participants at practice in week 17. Ultimately, they held him out, but with a week off I would rather takea flier on him rather than the price I’ve seen attached to Williams.

I've done well in our playoff format over the years.  Draft any player at any position and play them until they are done.  Our expert league is pretty savvy as well. Don't overthink your draft.  In this format, it's pretty simple.  Looks at your YTD stats.  QB's score the most points and are most valuable.  Even a QB that plays only 2 games will be more valuable than most RB1's and WR'1 over a 3 game span.  I'm in a non-ppr league.  Even kickers go early for their consistency. 

Our draft:  Brees, Mahomes, Kamara, Gurley, Goff, Brady, Thomas, Watson, Rivers, Luck

Users who are viewing this thread