Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
David Dodds

Playoff Contest is LIVE

Went with Indy/No bowl and 11 players. 

Off to a good start with Luck, Mack, Beasley, Gallup. Should be at around 62 with only Tyrell Williams, Mike Williams, Anthony Miller and Tyler Gabriel tomorrow to get me to the next week, depending on cut hope I advance  

My only players aside from Saints that have a bye are CJ Anderson, Josh Reynolds, and Corderalle Patterson. So likely eliminated when KC, NE, Rams win.  

Edited by Gottabesweet

Well I got both my WC teams winning to give myself life if I advance with 3 players.  Luck, Dak and Ebron but with the way some people play this game I doubt it will be enough.

Hopefully advance week 1 with:

IND - Mack & Vinatieri

DAL - Prescott & Zeke

LAC - Rivers & Gordon (as well as Ekeler, Jackson, Allen, M. Williams, Badgley, and LAC D)

PHI - Foles & Elliott

I have no players from HOU, SEA, BAL, or CHI in week 1, and also no players from LAR or NE in week 2

• Like 1

I think I have 92.85 (luck, mack, carson, lockett, cooper, jarwin) . 

Have these guys going Sunday:
RB - Justin Jackson - 3
WR - Josh Bellamy - 3
PK - Jake Elliott - 4

One or two of the Sunday players plus all the below next week. Let's go Colts!
-----------------------------------
QB - Drew Brees - 38
QB - Andrew Luck - 21
RB - Alvin Kamara - 34
RB - Marlon Mack - 14
RB - Nyheim Hines - 11
RB - Rex Burkhead - 7
WR - Michael Thomas - 28
WR - Amari Cooper - 16
WR - Dontrelle Inman - 7
WR - Chester Rogers - 3
WR - Demarcus Robinson - 3
WR - Zach Pascal - 3
TE - Eric Ebron - 14
TE - Blake Jarwin - 7
PK - Adam Vinatieri - 4

I think I have 52.9 from Luck, Wilson and Penny so far. Bad news is Wilson is gone for next week if I make it. Good news is I'll get Brees and Brady in there.

Ended up with 67.85 today.  Hopefully I can get at least 20 out of my two players tomorrow that should do the trick to get me to next week I think.  Problem is it looks like I will only have 6 players counting if I do make it to next week.

6 hours ago, sooted72 said:

i was definitely wondering if 'hope-theres-no-first-week-cuts' was a legit strategy.

In past years yes - but the last 2 years had about 6500 entries each time - hard to think the number of entries would drop that sharply.

-QG

Okay so my actual entry (which I now feel a massive amount of buyers remorse about - I really think the Chargers were the team to go with and having an official entry with Baltimore is...um...not ideal).  But anyway....

Official entry is at 58.65 + Sproles + Miller + 2 best Ravens out of Jackson, Dixon, Ravens Def, Tucker, Edwards, Andrews, J Brown, Hurst

---------------

Entry I dumped in favor of my official entry (which I should not have) is at 52+Foles+Hurst+2 best Chargers out of Rivers, Allen, Ekeler, M Williams, Badgley, Gates)

------------------

Entry that I couldn't get in under the cutoff - which actually may be the best of all tbh:  61.05+Edwards+Hurst+T Williams+Foles+Sproles

Official entry could have 11 guys next week.  Up to 7 in the Conference finals.  And 13 in the Super Bowl.

Dumped entry could have 11 guys next week.  Up to 6 in the Conference finals.  And 11 in the Super Bowl.

Too late entry could have 11 guys next week.  Up to 8 in the Conference finals.  And 14 in the Super Bowl.

-QG

Only went with 6 players this week, but one was Coutee. 

Just randomly looked at some of the other lineups and many didn't pick any players from a wild card team. 

If my math is correct, I should have 75.5 so far (Prescott, Zeke, Mack, Vinatieri)

Still have Foles and Elliott (PHI) and Rivers, Gordon, Ekeler, Jackson, Allen, M. Williams, Badgley, and LAC D (LAC) going today

• Like 1

I just spent a little time looking at about 50 different submissions.  I don't think many people took the time to really digest the rules.  I think they may have stopped reading, before they got to the part where all players count in the SB.  I expected to see more submissions loaded up with players from the same team.  The winner won't be from a submission with only 2 players from each team.  I don't care if those players are complete studs, because there will be another submission with the same players, as well as the scrubs from those teams. 

I was able to get 5 or 6 players from 4 WC teams BAL, CHI, IND, DAL.

I imagine I have to be through already with TDs from Dak, Gallup, Elliott, Luck, Mack, Ebron.  All players scored > 0.

Rooting for BAL and CHI wins today and I feel pretty good.

15 hours ago, KingPrawn said:

That really is a major flaw with this contest. Too many people don't understand the rules and that knocks off some very good teams. I'm not sure why FBGs doesn't fix this problem of leaving poor players have such a big impact on who wins.

That "flaw" is just another factor that has to be taken into consideration when building your team. To me, it makes the contest a lot more interesting because it requires another level of strategy: you not only have to be lucky enough to guess the SB teams, you also have to recognize that you need to have enough guys scoring in weeks 1 and 2 to get to SB week and that 40 points in week 1 isn't going to cut it. Achieving that balance is part of the challenge. Being a "very good team" for SB week isn't the same as being a "very good team" for the entire contest.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, TheWinz said:

I just spent a little time looking at about 50 different submissions.  I don't think many people took the time to really digest the rules.  I think they may have stopped reading, before they got to the part where all players count in the SB.  I expected to see more submissions loaded up with players from the same team.  The winner won't be from a submission with only 2 players from each team.  I don't care if those players are complete studs, because there will be another submission with the same players, as well as the scrubs from those teams. 

Could you share the link.  Not finding it on calcomatic from reg season.

1 minute ago, matuski said:

Entry List

1 minute ago, matuski said:

Don't think calcomatic is live yet (Steeler had other things to do yesterday and said he'd get it set up sometime today). I think Winz is looking at the FBG team listing: https://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2018/week-18.php

14 minutes ago, apalmer said:

Don't think calcomatic is live yet (Steeler had other things to do yesterday and said he'd get it set up sometime today). I think Winz is looking at the FBG team listing: https://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2018/week-18.php

You are correct.  Steeler said he wouldn't have the scoring ready, but I just wanted to see how other people chose their teams.  Was happy to not see any other DAL/LAC stocked teams, which is the only way I have a shot.

Team Holloway Playoff Roster

Went all in for an all wild card team Super Bowl. Looking for a little bit outside the box and going with two teams that seem to have an excellent attitude heading into the playoffs. Chicago's Coach Nagy seems to have the Bears set up to be a difficult match up offensively and their defense is one of the best in the league. Baltimore is such a different animal since Lamar Jackson took over that they also will be a hand full and again have an awesome defense.

Going all in on two wild card teams enabled a few random players on other teams to hopefully push the team through.

Baltimore four players $49 total spent:

1. Lamar Jackson  QB $22
  2. Gus Edwards  RB $9
  3. Willie Snead  WR $9
  4. Baltimore Ravens DST $9

Chicago seven players $106 total spent:

1. Mitchell Trubisky QB $26
  2. Tarik Cohen RB $20
  3. Jordan Howard RB $14
  4. Anthony Miller WR $9
  5. Trey Burton TE $10
  6. Adam Shaheen TE $3
  7. Chicago Bears DST $14

The rest of these folks are just random players on teams that I hoped would win a game or two until losing to the Bears or Ravens:

Travis Kelce TE KC $29
Andrew Luck QB IND $21
Adam Vinatieri PK IND $4
Michael Thomas WR NO $28
Russell Wilson QB SEA $14 - stayed with the running game too long and eliminated these three so next two weeks will be more difficult
Nick Vannett TE SEA $4 
Sebastian Janikowski PK SEA $5

Good luck to all and enjoy the playoffs!

Well, I went with the "criticized" strategy and minimized on the SB players and picked others to ensure I would get there...

I projected Dallas vs KC for my final 6 players.  Not sure how that would fare vs others having 9-11 in SB if their teams make it, but you have to make it to the party to be able to dance!    I could also do well if It's Indy vs Dallas ...don't see that as reality, but stranger things have happened....

Patrick Mahomes $40 0.00

Damien Williams $22 0.00

Travis Kelce $29 0.00

Rex Burkhead $7 0.00

Cordarrelle Patterson $5 0.00

DeAndre Hopkins $24 0.00             (struggled with this pick... now I regret it)

Andrew Luck $21 0.00

Eric Ebron $14 0.00

Keith Kirkwood $9 0.00

Trey Burton $10 0.00

Dak Prescott $16 0.00

Ezekiel Elliott $30 0.00

Amari Cooper $16 0.00

Wendell Smallwood $6 0.00

23 minutes ago, Birdie048 said:

Well, I went with the "criticized" strategy and minimized on the SB players and picked others to ensure I would get there...

I projected Dallas vs KC for my final 6 players.  Not sure how that would fare vs others having 9-11 in SB if their teams make it, but you have to make it to the party to be able to dance!    I could also do well if It's Indy vs Dallas ...don't see that as reality, but stranger things have happened....

Patrick Mahomes $40 0.00

Damien Williams $22 0.00

Travis Kelce $29 0.00

Rex Burkhead $7 0.00

Cordarrelle Patterson $5 0.00

DeAndre Hopkins $24 0.00             (struggled with this pick... now I regret it)

Andrew Luck $21 0.00

Eric Ebron $14 0.00

Keith Kirkwood $9 0.00

Trey Burton $10 0.00

Dak Prescott $16 0.00

Ezekiel Elliott $30 0.00

Amari Cooper $16 0.00

Wendell Smallwood $6 0.00

You never know this could be a year that 6,7 or 8 players could do it.  A lot of players were expensive this year and of course you have the teams that were put together that the owner did not understand the rules.  I looked at quite a few teams and some have no chance like this one  https://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2018/103903.php so I think your strategy might work.  I noticed there were a couple of teams that I looked at that could have 7 players from a couple of different teams on Super Bowl Sunday.  That might be the way to go this year.

• Love 1

I went with Baltimore-Chicago for the SB:

Lamar Jackson $22 0.00

Kenneth Dixon $11 0.00

Gus Edwards $9 0.00

Ty Montgomery $3 0.00

Willie Snead $9 0.00

Michael Crabtree $7 0.00

Mark Andrews $8 0.00

Mitchell Trubisky $26 0.00

Tarik Cohen $20 0.00

Jordan Howard $14 0.00

Allen Robinson $14 0.00

Taylor Gabriel $13 0.00

Trey Burton $10 0.00

The other players I picked to get me through:

Andrew Luck $21 0.00

Amari Cooper $16 0.00

Doug Baldwin $14 0.00

Mark Ingram $23 0.00

Ted Ginn $10 0.00

Since I picked two WC teams for the end, I should get four high scorers out of those for this week, plus three others for a total of 7 this week. I'm counting on those 7 being enough to get me through the first week.

I was pretty confident in the Colts winning, but wasn't sure on SEA-DAL, so I hedged there. So assuming BAL and CHI win today (none of this matters if they don't), I'll have four from them, plus Luck and Cooper, plus two from NO for a total of 8 next week.

Calcomatic is ready to go!  You got a new "entry id" from FBG for the playoff contest so you will have to reset your "entry id" at calcomatic - that's it!

Good luck to all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

keke coutee anyone?

I'm guessing he was not included in the regular season contest but was included in the playoff contest - so I'll have to fix that as well.  I'll wait a bit longer to see if anyone spots any other issues and then fix them all.

42 minutes ago, Steeler said:

Calcomatic is ready to go!  You got a new "entry id" from FBG for the playoff contest so you will have to reset your "entry id" at calcomatic - that's it!

Good luck to all.

thanks....... My team is counting three colts in its score.  SHowing 105.2,  I have 89.9 .   Difference is Inman.
http://calcomatic.com/EntryLive/106523

ETA:  That's because Inman listed as a Charger

Edited by Getzlaf15

26 minutes ago, Steeler said:

I'm guessing he was not included in the regular season contest but was included in the playoff contest - so I'll have to fix that as well.  I'll wait a bit longer to see if anyone spots any other issues and then fix them all.

Gates listed as FA.

56 minutes ago, Steeler said:

Players missing include RB's Zach Line (NO) and Darrel Williams (KC), and PK's Brett Maher (DAL) and Mike Badgley (LAC)

I feel good about my team in this contest for the first time ever:

QB - Drew Brees - 38
QB - Philip Rivers - 18
QB - Dak Prescott - 16
QB - Taysom Hill - 4
RB - Alvin Kamara - 34
RB - Melvin Gordon III - 26
RB - Marlon Mack - 14
WR - Michael Thomas - 28
WR - Keenan Allen - 18
WR - Mike Williams - 11
WR - Josh Reynolds - 10
WR - Cole Beasley - 7
WR - Dontrelle Inman - 7
WR - Nelson Agholor - 6
WR - Golden Tate - 5
WR - Keke Coutee - 5
TE - Antonio Gates - 3

1 hour ago, Steeler said:

Good luck to all.

This is really cool. Great job! One error I found......... Dontrelle Inman is listed as being a Charger not a Colt

Thanks for doing this!

8 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

I feel good about my team in this contest for the first time ever:

QB - Drew Brees - 38
QB - Philip Rivers - 18
QB - Dak Prescott - 16
QB - Taysom Hill - 4
RB - Alvin Kamara - 34
RB - Melvin Gordon III - 26
RB - Marlon Mack - 14
WR - Michael Thomas - 28
WR - Keenan Allen - 18
WR - Mike Williams - 11
WR - Josh Reynolds - 10
WR - Cole Beasley - 7
WR - Dontrelle Inman - 7
WR - Nelson Agholor - 6
WR - Golden Tate - 5
WR - Keke Coutee - 5
TE - Antonio Gates - 3

Similar to mine. 

Wow. There were a lot that did not understand the rules. I see 150 entries at the bottom with 0 score because they chose all bye week players.

• Laughing 1

@Steeler - I see some players next week in my Calcomatic, however missing is:

Taysom Hill, QB, NO

A few also missing from this weeks games: 

Dalton Schultz, TE, DAL

J.D. McKissic, RB, Sea 

David Moore, WR, Sea (although didn't garner any points and doesn't matter going forward)

Mike Badgley, K, LAC (already identified earlier above)

And thank you again for putting forth the time to do this!

Edited by Dacomish

1 minute ago, Insein said:

Wow. There were a lot that did not understand the rules. I see 150 entries at the bottom with 0 score because they chose all bye week players.

A few may have hoped less than 4000 entries

5 minutes ago, TheWinz said:

A few may have hoped less than 4000 entries

You may be right. They were a bit off.

Went all in on Chargers.  15.7 from Badgley at the half.  Desperately need the bolts to hang onto their lead and take this game.

Just now, Mr.Pack said:

My team is missing a player?

Just post who it is and Steeler will add him

Just now, Mr.Pack said:

My team is missing a player?

I see this has been addressed upstream. Badgley for the record.

Just now, TheWinz said:

Just post who it is and Steeler will add him

Yea, I just did. Thanks

:thumbup:

In my haste to get this ready by 1 PM I forgot to load the new players for the playoff contest - duh!  So I'll get that straightened out and let you all know.... so for now, if you see a missing player assume I'm working on the fix.

Sorry for the oversight.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Steeler said:

In my haste to get this ready by 1 PM I forgot to load the new players for the playoff contest - duh!  So I'll get that straightened out and let you all know.... so for now, if you see a missing player assume I'm working on the fix.

Sorry for the oversight.

This is unacceptable, and you will be reported to the authorities!

• Like 1

Ugh - I love FBG but I should NOT have read the playoff preview and let it influence my picks.  Got me off the 7-1 on the road Chargers and gave me a team with a QB that I don't buy (at least not yet - basically Jackson is good on the run and on designed throws - but when he has to throw when he's not ready he's a disaster).  There is no environment that can intimidate the Chargers at this point.  Seriously kicking myself.  Lost sight of that in my quest to get a "viable" last week with my entry.  Should have trusted myself more.

Looking like my entry will be dead and running interference for other entries soon :(

-QG

At the rate this Bal/LAC game is going my 3 player team of Luck, Prescott and Ebron has a shot to advance.