What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Playoff Contest is LIVE (1 Viewer)

KirkKe00
DeveJa00
BadgMi44
DaviMi01
MizzTa00
McKiJ.00
BellJo02
BrowNo00
HewiRy01
AkinJo00
SchuDa00

Who are these players?  The first 4 characters are the first 4 from the players last name, the next 2 characters are the first 2 players of the first name -- ignore the last two characters.

Give me the full name, position, and team.

This is much easier for me to do before the players lock because the information is avaiable from the entry form.  After the lock the entry form is not available.

Anyway, I need some help here... thanks!

KirkKe00
DeveJa00
BadgMi44
DaviMi01
MizzTa00
McKiJ.00
BellJo02
BrowNo00
HewiRy01
AkinJo00
SchuDa00

Who are these players?  The first 4 characters are the first 4 from the players last name, the next 2 characters are the first 2 players of the first name -- ignore the last two characters.

This is much easier for me to do before the players lock because the information is avaiable from the entry form.  After the lock the entry form is not available.

Badg should be Chargers kicker Mike Badgley

KirkKe00 Keith Kirkwood WR NO
DeveJa00 James Develin RB NE
BadgMi44  Michael Badgley  PK LAC
DaviMi01 Mike Davis RB SEA
MizzTa00 Taquan Mizzell RB CHI
McKiJ.00 JD McKissic RB SEA
BellJo02 Josh Bellamy WR CHI
BrowNo00 Noah Brown WR DAL
HewiRy01 Ryan Hewitt TE IND
AkinJo00 Jordan Akins TE HOU
SchuDa00 Dalton Schultz TE DAL

Based on me digging through Yahoo Rosters for the Playoff teams.

-QG

Last edited by a moderator:
Dead official entry:  92.85 + Sproles and Miller - good by plenty

Entry I regrettably switched away from 81.9 + Foles - should be plenty good

Entry I almost switched to but ran out of time: 66.25+Foles+Sproles - probably good too.  And a bummer as this is the one with two teams on bye in the Super Bowl.

-QG

Calcomatic will be not be accurate tonight - something has come up IRL and I will not be able to resolve the issues today.  Hopefully, I will be able to resolve the issues with Calcomatic before next week.

Insein said:
Wow. There were a lot that did not understand the rules. I see 150 entries at the bottom with 0 score because they chose all bye week players.
It happens every year.  That's why I'm never concerned about the first round ... unless I load up on Ravens players to go the the Super Bowl. 😑

Good luck everyone.

Calcomatic will be not be accurate tonight - something has come up IRL and I will not be able to resolve the issues today.  Hopefully, I will be able to resolve the issues with Calcomatic before next week.
Nothing bad I hope 😕

-QG

Well thanks to Philly I will have 8 instead of 6 going next week gives me a little better shot of getting through next week.

Real Entry 122.5 - but with Baltimore blown up only way I could even remotely make the money would be NO/IND where I have 7 guys.  Not enough to win.  This entry has 8 guys going next week.

Ghost entry that the real entry replaced.  105.2 - that would be through also.  This entry would have 10 guys going next week.  (This was the Rams/Chargers one)

Ghost entry that was timed out.  94.05 which I think probably would get through too.  This entry would have the problem of only 7 guys going next week.

Week 2 actually is the hardest week in the contest.  All the entries that went 2 for every team are probably alive.  The big scoring bye week teams are all dealt in and generally are more represented given that they are higher seeds.  Highest cut number in the contest.

2017 cut in week two:  138.05

2016 cut in week two: 145.40

2015 cut in week two (pretty sure different scoring rules which resulted in slightly lower scores): 128.05

2014 cut in week two: 138.65

2013 cut in week two: 125.45

2012 cut in week two: 186.85 :lmao:

2011 cut in week two: 180.75 :lmao:

2010 cut in week two: 119.20

Good luck folks!

-QG

Well, correctly predicted all four Wild Card winners so I still have everyone going in week 2.  Don’t know how things will go after that.

Thanks QG!  Nice to have a reference for what is likely to be needed to advance!

I have lost 2 of my 14 players so far (Hopkins & Burton -  his surprise injury did not help Bears Off).

I have no clue how this will play out next week with KC, NEP, NOS & LAR offenses adding to the plate!

Made the cut I believe. Says I'm around 1000 right now standings wise. Lost Jackson, Snead, Wilson and Penny but I pick up a bunch of Pat's and Saints this week. Gonna be interesting.

137.4 and headed to week 2.  Got lucky and picked all 4 wildcard games correctly, so my entire roster is still alive going into week 2, minus WR Allen Hurns with his broken ankle.  As you can see, I wasn't gonna play for 2nd place and went all in on a Chargers/Cowboys SB, and spent $186 on them.   

Chargers - QB Philip Rivers, RB's Melvin Gordon, Austin Ekeler, and Justin Jackson, WR's Keenan Allen and Mike Williams, PK Mike Badgley, and Chargers D

Cowboys - QB Dak Prescott, RB Ezekiel Elliott, WR's Amari Cooper and Michael Gallup, PK Brett Maher, and Cowboys D

Eagles - QB Nick Foles, PK Jake Elliott

Colts - RB Marlon Mack, PK Adam Vinatieri

Chiefs - RB Darrel Williams, WR Chris Conley

Saints - RB Zach Line, WR Ted Ginn

Looking at a sampling of the submissions, week 2 is gonna be tough, because so many people chose 2 players from every team.  I chose no Rams or Patriots players (or BAL/CHI/HOU/SEA), and didn't have the dough to roster studs from other than DAL/LAC, so I am hoping to squeak by with my lesser PHI/IND/KC/NO players.

how do I reset my team on calcomatic? I apparently got defaulted to a Cowboy fan

never mind I got it. I'm out lol

Figured the cut line would be higher this week. Didn’t spend enough on my sb teams. Lost Trubisky and Wilson but advanced Foles Elliot and Prescott along with Rivers and Vinteri. Will have 5 QBs going next week. Will add Kamara and a Pat to that mix  with Reynolds Robinson and Vinteri for a total of 10. Hoping QB heavy was the way to go

Figured the cut line would be higher this week. Didn’t spend enough on my sb teams. Lost Trubisky and Wilson but advanced Foles Elliot and Prescott along with Rivers and Vinteri. Will have 5 QBs going next week. Will add Kamara and a Pat to that mix  with Reynolds Robinson and Vinteri for a total of 10. Hoping QB heavy was the way to go
You chose 7 QB's?  Tough to take the whole kit-and-kaboodle when your dough is spread among too many teams.

QBs score the most points. It's why they're worth it.
Just saying it's unlikely a team with 7 QB's can have the firepower to take the top prize, because there will be at least 1 team that correctly guesses the 2 SB teams, and stocks up on their QB's and other positional players.  As I said from the start, I think the eventual winner will have spent at least $150 on the 2 SB teams.

https://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2018/100593.php

My favorite entry right here.  Only 1 player for week 1, and no players from the AFC.
Somebody who clearly did not understand the rules or concept of this challenge!  I imagine they were going with the theory of  the NOS vs LAR game would score them enough points to win? If they even face each other (again)?!?  Or maybe they had no time to consider it and just pulled a WAG.

I like Team #105881 in First Place with their strategy of Win Week 1 and be done.... they lost 4 of 6 QB  - they were all WC teams (lost L Jackson, M Trubisky, D Watson, R Wilson.... still has A Luck & Prescott), but they still have Zeke, Alshon, Ertz, Mack & Ebron.....  No Players from Top 4 Seeded teams (KC, LAR, NEP & NOS).  

Somebody who clearly did not understand the rules or concept of this challenge!  I imagine they were going with the theory of  the NOS vs LAR game would score them enough points to win? If they even face each other (again)?!?  Or maybe they had no time to consider it and just pulled a WAG.

I like Team #105881 in First Place with their strategy of Win Week 1 and be done.... they lost 4 of 6 QB  - they were all WC teams (lost L Jackson, M Trubisky, D Watson, R Wilson.... still has A Luck & Prescott), but they still have Zeke, Alshon, Ertz, Mack & Ebron.....  No Players from Top 4 Seeded teams (KC, LAR, NEP & NOS).  
It's teams like this that make this contest fun!  Ever watch The Price is Right, where the 4 contestants are making their bids on a product?  The 1st person has to bid what they think the product costs; the 2nd person has to decide whether the 1st person under or overbid, and make their guess accordingly; the 3rd person weighs the bids of the first 2 people and chooses, and finally the last person gets his shot.  He can either bid $1 (if he thinks the first 3 have overbid), or he can bid $1 more than the highest bid (if he thinks the first three have underbid), or he can bid $1 more than one of the other 3 contestants.  Well, in this contest, we are all contestant #1, and you can't bid $1, like that entry did.  He is simply playing for "not last".

Likely out week 2.  Lost two Bears.  

Have a ton of Saints and Colts but after that it’s Gallup, Beasley, Tyrell Williams, Mike Williams, Patterson, Josh Reynolds and CJ Anderson. Likely not enough to hit the 140 score this week.  

Team Holloway Playoff Roster

Baltimore four players $49 total spent: One Super Bowl team eliminated

1. Lamar Jackson  QB $22
  2. Gus Edwards  RB $9
  3. Willie Snead  WR $9
  4. Baltimore Ravens DST $9
Chicago seven players $106 total spent: Other Super Bowl team eliminated

1. Mitchell Trubisky QB $26
  2. Tarik Cohen RB $20
  3. Jordan Howard RB $14
  4. Anthony Miller WR $9
  5. Trey Burton TE $10
  6. Adam Shaheen TE $3
  7. Chicago Bears DST $14

The rest of these folks are just random players on teams that I hoped would win a game or two until losing to the Bears or Ravens:

Travis Kelce TE KC $29
Andrew Luck QB IND $21
Adam Vinatieri PK IND $4
Michael Thomas WR NO $28
Russell Wilson QB SEA $14 - Also out
Nick Vannett TE SEA $4 - Also out
Sebastian Janikowski PK SEA $5 - Also out

Entries like this make for some easy to eliminate teams in week two, good luck to everyone remaining alive and hope that the rest of us can still enjoy the playoffs!

You not only need to guess the Super Bowl teams but you really need to guess their opponents in the conference championships to really have a chance.  If I do advance in week two I certainly will be eliminated with only 4 players in week 3.

You not only need to guess the Super Bowl teams but you really need to guess their opponents in the conference championships to really have a chance.  If I do advance in week two I certainly will be eliminated with only 4 players in week 3.
Not necessarily. Week 3 cut line is sometimes pretty low. Last year it was about 59 points. THe year before that was 129, but the year before that was 65. The right 4 could get you to the SuperBowl with a little luck.

When I started building my roster, I kept track of my earlier versions....  When I went back to look, my initial roster was fine... but had no real chance of winning as it did not have a clear SB matchup, but several from most rosters (3 NOS,  LAC, 2 KC, 2 Indy, 2 Dallas, 1 Phil & 1 LAR).  It would have resulted in 118.3 points in WC weekend games (Luck, Mack, Zeke & Cooper being the big numbers).  However, when I tried a few additional iterations, they tanked!  

Iteration #2 = 42.9 pts (4 LAC, 3 NOS, 2 KC & 2 Phil) the lack of LAC offense hurt

Iteration #3 = ~148 (2 Indy, 2 Dallas, 1 Hou, 1 Balt, 2 NEP, 2 KC & 3 NOS) was my best effort - Luck, Mack, Cooper, Zeke, Keke, Crabtree big scores but again, not enough "SB" players

My final "actual" roster (Iteration #5) = 101.9 with dead weight from Burton and only the loss of Hopkins (who actually had a Grade 3 Separation during game).

It is fun to look at my earlier strategies and realize how bad they were!   Self perspective !

Not necessarily. Week 3 cut line is sometimes pretty low. Last year it was about 59 points. THe year before that was 129, but the year before that was 65. The right 4 could get you to the SuperBowl with a little luck.
As I see it, there are only 36 possible SB matchups.  If I had 35 more entries, I could rock this contest!

I’m alive but unlikely to advance past week 2 or 3 unless I get some huge weeks.  I have all LAC/NO players plus Luck and M. Mack.  

I wish FBG would've added the contest querier to this, like they did for the season-long contest.  It would be nice to see what ownership percentages are left.

Users who are viewing this thread