What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Big Mouth on Netflix (1 Viewer)

I re-watch it all the time. Hormone Monster is one of the funniest characters I’ve ever seen. As soon as he shows up with that dumb smile I start to laugh. 

I searched “big mouth” and it came back with nothing.

Yea, hormone monster is one of my favorite characters in the history of TV.

Shocked there wasn’t a thread, show is ####### unbelievable. I finished season 2 in about 2 days. I got 3 hours of sleep 2 nights ago and still went through 6 episodes last night half asleep. Finished it tonight.

Gonna rewatch it with my wife (seasons 1/2) this week. 

Shocked there wasn’t a thread, show is ####### unbelievable. I finished season 2 in about 2 days. I got 3 hours of sleep 2 nights ago and still went through 6 episodes last night half asleep. Finished it tonight.

I binged the #### out of it too. Definitely thread worthy if it was only in the Netflix thread.

Love this show. Both seasons had points where I was laughing so hard I had to pause the episode for several moments while I regained composure. 

Fwiw... Buried deep in the Netflix thread. I'm pretty sure Cappy started commenting on it earlier

Fwiw... Buried deep in the Netflix thread. I'm pretty sure Cappy started commenting on it earlier
Show is def thread worthy.

I think the dry humping scene episode had my favorite sequence.

When the shame wizard gave the hormone monster a shot, then started feeding him cocaine, then he is slumped over in the chair after Glaubberman came in his pants and says something like I’ve hit rock bottom, I’m a ####### junkie, I’m wearing women’s pants - whatever he said, I almost pissed myself. 

Possibly the greatest sequence of animated comedy I’ve ever seen.

Just searched. It was the third result, page 1. Took about 3 seconds.
I searched for mouth, not "mouth" and see 412 pages, without that thread on page 1. 

Not sure why I why I would put quotations on one word, if you're saying to search for "mouth" - I did try "big mouth", but that yielded a lot of results too, and nothing on the first few pages. 

Anyways, enjoy a gif.

Back to the show...

I binged this so hard, I found the shame monster a little aggravating more than funny. I get the sense of I had slowed down, I might have appreciated him and that story line more

One of the best shows on TV, IMO. I've been surprised some people I've spoken to have found it too immature or trashy. At the same time, some people I'd expect to find it off-putting have not.

In the middle of a re-watch right now. Worth it, and I bet a third watch sometime down the road will be worthwhile as well. One of the best things going these days.  I've got two questions though:

1. Did anyone else assume that the voice of the hormone monster was Will Arnett? My wife and I both thought this, only recently looked it up and saw it's another Nick Kroll voice

2. Do people actually show this to teenagers going through puberty?  My kids are too far from puberty for me to gauge whether it would be appropriate. On the one hand it seems like too much for a 15 year old,  but on the other hand the messaging is great.

In the middle of a re-watch right now. Worth it, and I bet a third watch sometime down the road will be worthwhile as well. One of the best things going these days.  I've got two questions though:

1. Did anyone else assume that the voice of the hormone monster was Will Arnett? My wife and I both thought this, only recently looked it up and saw it's another Nick Kroll voice

2. Do people actually show this to teenagers going through puberty?  My kids are too far from puberty for me to gauge whether it would be appropriate. On the one hand it seems like too much for a 15 year old,  but on the other hand the messaging is great.
NFW would I show this to an adolescent, the show is not for a young mind. 

Great show.  Described best by the words of my friend:

"Half the time I think this show should be shown to everyone as part of their sex-ed curriculum, the other half of the time I think no human on Earth should be allowed to watch this show".

:goodposting:

here's what I wrote in the netflix thread...

jfc... 5 or 6 into this... I need to be taking notes, because some of the lines are just brilliant (usually by hormone monster). w/ floppinho going through "changes" I'd love to show him this... but also no way in hell am I showing this- at least until he's in his 30s. 

Makes sense that you can't actually let teens watch it. but it also kinda sucks. The messaging is so good- body positivity, lets them know they're not alone in thinking or experiencing certain things, actually teaches them stuff they won't get while they're suffering through sex ed in school, etc.

Makes sense that you can't actually let teens watch it. but it also kinda sucks. The messaging is so good- body positivity, lets them know they're not alone in thinking or experiencing certain things, actually teaches them stuff they won't get while they're suffering through sex ed in school, etc.
like ####### pillows?

like ####### pillows?
Maybe?  Not so much the "you should #### pillows," but more the "puberty is weird for everyone and even if you're constantly horny that's not all that unusual."  But like I said I don't have teenagers, so I don't know innocent they are and what is over the line. My kids still watch Nick Jr.

I obviously can guess that some of the stuff in this show is waaaay over the line, but other stuff seems like it would be great for teenagers to hear. For example, I think the world would be a better place if every 14 year old boy watched the "Head Push" episode.

Maybe?  Not so much the "you should #### pillows," but more the "puberty is weird for everyone and even if you're constantly horny that's not all that unusual."  But like I said I don't have teenagers, so I don't know innocent they are and what is over the line. My kids still watch Nick Jr.

I obviously can guess that some of the stuff in this show is waaaay over the line, but other stuff seems like it would be great for teenagers to hear. For example, I think the world would be a better place if every 14 year old boy watched the "Head Push" episode.
I'm pretty liberal with this stuff and how I raise my kids regarding more mature issues (sex, drugs, drinking, etc)... but this is funny/smart/wise-### grown ups riffing as kids; that angle is even joked about in the end of S2, IIRC. this isn't kids being kids where the message is getting passed to them at their level- there are shows and movies out there that cover that kind of stuff at that level. 

I'm pretty liberal with this stuff and how I raise my kids regarding more mature issues (sex, drugs, drinking, etc)... but this is funny/smart/wise-### grown ups riffing as kids; that angle is even joked about in the end of S2, IIRC. this isn't kids being kids where the message is getting passed to them at their level- there are shows and movies out there that cover that kind of stuff at that level.  
Yeah I know. Just kind of a shame ... and it also is a bit weird because the seemingly teen-focused messaging is still obviously there.

Anyway, this show is awesome and every adult should watch it twice.

Yea, I'd struggle to explain why I was laughing so hard at the scene with the fat ugly girl when he came in his pants to my kids. 

Sadly, in my younger days, I had some long nights where bad decisions were made in a fog. I don't want to explain to either of my boys why I'm laughing so hard, don't need them thinking I am okay with that behavior, nor have I ever engaged in it. 

Hormone monster in the pimp outfit :lmao:

Yea, I'd struggle to explain why I was laughing so hard at the scene with the fat ugly girl when he came in his pants to my kids. 

Sadly, in my younger days, I had some long nights where bad decisions were made in a fog. I don't want to explain to either of my boys why I'm laughing so hard, don't need them thinking I am okay with that behavior, nor have I ever engaged in it. 

Hormone monster in the pimp outfit :lmao:
what'd they call it in the show... rubbing fronts?

Yeah, my 18yo daughter watched it and we talked about it. She appreciated the humor. Found out my 13yo son was trying to watch it and shut him down. There are some things I just don't want him exposed to yet. We are pretty open about the birds and the bees in our house but this show is to far off the rails for a young teen IMO. 

Been seeing it on Netflix suggested for quite a while and pimped here on the board, finally gave it a whirl the other day.  Two eps in and it’s pretty damn funny!  Looking forward to some more late night binging this weekend

Imo, the best thing on Netflix right now.

"I have the scriptures, Rabbi Glouberman."

I talked about the show with my 18 year old daughters and they simply said, "Too soon" and walked out of the room.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread