Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BassNBrew

2019 (18 season) FBG Playoff League

6 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Can't see Higbee or Everett tempting Oz to double up so SH can make that his last pick.  Should give him choice of QB OR first shot at both D and K.  You have two decent RB and and 3 WR options on both teams left.  Flexes will be Bulkhead and Patterson (or maybe Rams 2nd TE).  

We'll see. 

But yeah, I'm not exactly tipping my hand when I say Gurley is the biggest question mark. 

@-OZ- I'll keep James White and Robert Woods. I am ok with doing the draft today or at least getting a good start on it. Give me an hour or so to prep and I'll be back with the first pick

1 minute ago, Stephen Holloway said:

@-OZ- I'll keep James White and Robert Woods. I am ok with doing the draft today or at least getting a good start on it. Give me an hour or so to prep and I'll be back with the first pick

👍 Snow day today so I'll be around most of it. If it works for you. No rush.

19 minutes ago, Stephen Holloway said:

We had a dusting down in my neck of the woods, just covering short grass, but nothing on the roads.

I'll go with Mr. Gurley for the first pick. @-OZ-

We got nothing, but were supposed to get rain, freeze, then snow. It's Alabama, we close when someone says "snow". 

Michel and Cooks.

1 minute ago, Stephen Holloway said:

Holloway next takes Josh Reynolds and Rex Burkhead

Set it up on MFL but it seems I can't delete the other two franchises. So they're taking players we wouldn't. 

2 minutes ago, Stephen Holloway said:

My next two are Tom "Terrific" "G.O.A.T." "Super Bowl MVP" Brady and G. Everett

If Brady is MVP, that probably bodes well for Gronk, Edelman, Hogan and Dorset. 

Watch Everett be the MVP

Guess Goff will be my last pick, defense 2nd to last. 

Not a bad team I think, pretty heavy on Patriots

Goff

Michel, Anderson

Edelman, Cooks, Hogan, Dorset

Gronk

Gostkowski

? Defense

Team Holloway

QB - Tom Brady - throws for 375 yards and three TDs, two to James White and one to Burkhead

RB - Gurley and James White

WR - Robert Woods, Josh Reynolds and C (what the heck was I thinking flex) Patterson

TE - Everett

Flex - Burkhead

PK - Z Leg

DST - Patriots

This could go either way. My thought is that the Patriots win by being able to control the ball and get enough of a rush to pester Mr. Goff into an interception or three. Probably should have drafted Dorsett instead of the Pats DST, but I just had a feeling about my two Razorbacks getting to Goff and one or both of the McCourty twins making interceptions.

Good quick draft and thanks to @BassNBrew for setting this up again. See a lot of y'all next week in the Winter Survivor Leagues.

• Like 1

@Stephen Holloway - heavy on Rams plus Brady and the pats defense

I'm heavy on Patriots plus Goff and the Rams defense.

Should be close

5 minutes ago, Stephen Holloway said:

Team Holloway

QB - Tom Brady - throws for 375 yards and three TDs, two to James White and one to Burkhead

RB - Gurley and James White

WR - Robert Woods, Josh Reynolds and C (what the heck was I thinking flex) Patterson

TE - Everett

Flex - Burkhead

PK - Z Leg

DST - Patriots

This could go either way. My thought is that the Patriots win by being able to control the ball and get enough of a rush to pester Mr. Goff into an interception or three. Probably should have drafted Dorsett instead of the Pats DST, but I just had a feeling about my two Razorbacks getting to Goff and one or both of the McCourty twins making interceptions.

Good quick draft and thanks to @BassNBrew for setting this up again. See a lot of y'all next week in the Winter Survivor Leagues.

I figured you'd take Brady just before I was, we know he can perform in this venue. 

The biggest unknowns are Goff responding to the pressure and Gurley performing.  

Best case scenario, Rams get behind and need to pass, Michel continues to shine. 

17 hours ago, Stephen Holloway said:

Close contest here. Dodds has me favored by 2.1, MT has me by 3.7 and Bloom has OZ by 8.

Bloom is a smart man. ;)

Congrat @-OZ-!

I think that the key was your choosing to go second. I (like most) had the top three close together and since I already had White and thought that he could lead all Patriot RBs, I fell for the Ram coaches rhetoric that Gurley would be leaned on. The only thing I had right was that the Pats defense would be better than the Rams.

Good call on your part and looking forward to next year now, which begins in a day or two with the WSLs.

48 minutes ago, Stephen Holloway said:

Congrat @-OZ-!

I think that the key was your choosing to go second. I (like most) had the top three close together and since I already had White and thought that he could lead all Patriot RBs, I fell for the Ram coaches rhetoric that Gurley would be leaned on. The only thing I had right was that the Pats defense would be better than the Rams.

Good call on your part and looking forward to next year now, which begins in a day or two with the WSLs.

Thanks! :bowtie: 

Starting with Edelman and Gronk helped a lot. Cooks was the difference though. 

It's funny, I usually do alright in this contest but not so much in the season long leagues. Different strategies maybe, or happenstance and luck.