What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Free Agent WR Riley Ridley (1 Viewer)

Do people expect the bears to suddenly have the same offense as the rams? able to produce 3 fantasy relevant wrs and a top rb? 

Jim Nagy @JimNagy_SB

NFC NORTH DAY 3 VALUES

@ChicagoBears- We like 4th round WR Ridley more than ‘18 2nd rounder Miller.

@Lions- 6th round WR Fulgham will make the team.  Big upside.

@packers-6th round RB Williams should be a part of rotation.

@Vikings- 4th rounder Samia was nastiest OL in draft.

The only reason I would draft this guys is because of genetics. Calvin Ridley already proved to me he can ball.

There's just too many successful sports brothers duos in league history for for me to dismiss his talent outright.

With that said. I wouldn't draft him. Wait to buy him cheap or pick off waivers once you hear buzz about him starting or showing off in training camp.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's one of the most highly touted route runners in this class.  That can help make up for athletic measurables if properly coached.

With that said. I wouldn't draft him.
I got him at 3.12. At that price a guy that can run routes like him and catch the ball is valuable. The Bears have some guys ahead of him right now but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him contributing later in the season.

I got him at 3.12. At that price a guy that can run routes like him and catch the ball is valuable. The Bears have some guys ahead of him right now but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him contributing later in the season.
3.12 is a great spot to draft him. It is mostly dart throws at that point.

The only reason I would draft this guys is because of genetics. Calvin Ridley already proved to me he can ball.

There's just too many successful sports brothers duos in league history for for me to dismiss his talent outright.

With that said. I wouldn't draft him. Wait to buy him cheap or pick off waivers once you hear buzz about him starting or showing off in training camp.
There are way more brothers of famous athletes who didn't make good pros. 

We should know more about his usage during pre-season.  Until then, it is a lot of guessing.  

I like him at his price.

I'm not sold Allen Robinson recaptures his glory days.  He missed 3 games last year.  He missed the entire season a year before.  In his last full season he had 800 and 6.  I think he's destined to be that 800/6 guy. 

Gabriel is nothing special. 

I do like Miller.  I suspect that MT takes a big step forward this year.  I can see a path to opportunity for Ridley on a pretty good offense.  If you're getting him 3rd round, I like him a lot there.

3.12 is a great spot to draft him. It is mostly dart throws at that point.
Fantasy people hate this guy. He went  6.11  in a draft I'm in yesterday and checked two other drafts and that seems to be about the range he is going in FFPC drafts.

There are way more brothers of famous athletes who didn't make good pros. 
Speaking of his brother Riley's real name is Cavin. Cavin Ridley. Man I wish he went by that name just to confuse people in trade talks and on-line drafts.

I'm not sold Allen Robinson recaptures his glory days.  He missed 3 games last year.  He missed the entire season a year before.  In his last full season he had 800 and 6.  I think he's destined to be that 800/6 guy. 

Gabriel is nothing special. 

I do like Miller.
Agree on all 3 WR's plus I think Robinson might not be brought back in 2020.  I always felt they paid him to make sure they got their young QB a solid weapon but his contract was a 3 year contract designed as a two year contract with a team option for year 3.  Will Allen Robinson be worth $13M to the Bears in 2020? Not sure on that.

Bears rookie WR Riley Ridley left practice early on Friday with a right hamstring injury.

Hamstring injuries can be tricky, so it is obviously an ailment to follow. Ridley is unlikely to be counted on during his rookie year as he plays in a fairly loaded position group for the Bears.

SOURCE: Jeff Dickerson on Twitter

Jul 27, 2019, 10:01 AM ET

I saw an update in this thread, and I honestly laughed that Riley Ridley has his own thread.  Then I had to come in to check what the update was.

Bears fourth-round WR Riley Ridley sat out Thursday's practice with a hamstring injury.

It is his fifth missed practice in a row. It is possible Ridley pushes Anthony Miller and Taylor Gabriel for snaps behind Allen Robinson, but that will not happen if he misses a large chunk of training camp. Ridley is just a Dynasty name at this point.

SOURCE: Rich Campbell on Twitter

Aug 1, 2019, 9:37 AM ET

Bears fourth-round WR Riley Ridley (hamstring) returned to practice Monday.

Ridley missed more than a week with the injury, putting him behind as he looks to steal snaps from Anthony Miller and Taylor Gabriel. That said, he should get plenty of opportunities to impress in the preseason.

SOURCE: Brad Biggs on Twitter

Aug 5, 2019, 11:00 AM ET

Terez A. Paylor @TerezPaylor

One rookie that has opened some eyes is fourth-round WR Riley Ridley, who has impressed the staff with his sure hands & route-running despite being slowed throughout training camp by a hamstring injury. His skillset projects well in Nagy's offense in the long-term.

I do get an Anquan Boldinish vibe from him. You guys remember AQ?
Don’t get it. Boldin was a beast from his rookie year week one. Ten catches and over 200 yards against my Lions his first game as a pro. Boldin was a physical specimen. What is the vibe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Should be 1 page with 5 comments, guy sucks.  
This is true as of right now but I expect he and his brother to have about 80 catches combined - about 10 more than you and his brother.

Bolden  :lol:    

I only remember him playing a few games towards the end of the season and he did nothing to distinguish himself or make me think he had much of a future other than as a journeyman WR. As a Bears fan I hope I am wrong but he couldn't play his way onto the field and is at best the WR3 this year but most likely will be behind Miller and Ginn which would make him the WR4 barring injury.

Bears waived WR Riley Ridley. 

Allen Robinson is now the Bears' lone remaining receiver from the 2019 roster. Calvin's brother, Ridley was the No. 126 overall pick of the 2019 draft, but he never appeared to be anything more than a low-upside Day 3 pick. Ridley's fatal flaw is 4.58 wheels. That combined with his age (25 as of July) will make him an unlikely candidate for a late-career breakout even with a change of scenery from the Bears' dreary environs. 
Not sure he sticks to the practice squad though. May be picked up soon.

Users who are viewing this thread