Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ShamrockPride

AFC Wild Card - Colts @ Texans

When did the Colts get good? Not gonna lie, wasn't it just last year or the one before they were one of the worst in the league? Somehow I missed their transition from trash to playoff contender. 

9 minutes ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

Every year we have to watch this crap Texans team make the playoffs and get given the crap Saturday time slot because they blow. Meet the new Bengals. 

Bill O’Brien = Marvin Lewis. Good enough of a coach to field not-terrible teams, not good enough to beat playoff teams.

Just now, Elevencents said:

When did the Colts get good? Not gonna lie, wasn't it just last year or the one before they were one of the worst in the league? Somehow I missed their transition from trash to playoff contender. 

Healthy Luck, solid OL and better Defense

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

Ughhh. I forgot last minute ESPN decided to bring on Witten and Booger for this game...

MUTE.

Seriously. Here's my obligatory "Shut the eff up Booger" post. And done. 

1 minute ago, Elevencents said:

https://www.colts.com/news/colts-first-three-2018-draft-picks-make-pro-football-focus-all-rookie-team

Just now, Elevencents said:

Last year they were without their star QB and had a bad coaching staff. This year they have the star QB, a good coach and a vastly improved OL. Their draft was very good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pip's Invitation said:

Last year they were without their star QB and had a bad coaching staff. This year they have the star QB, a good coach and a vastly improved OL. Their draft was very good.

It's basically two different teams. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pip's Invitation said:

I thought I read they have $122 mil in cap space next year as well and the Jets 2nd round pick. They are set up real well for a long run of success.

Watt's happening ‽

Colts looking better against Houston so far than they did against Tennessee. 

1 minute ago, KingPrawn said:

I thought I read they have $122 mil in cap space next year as well and the Jets 2nd round pick. They are set up real well for a long run of success.

They sound like the Jets but they’re actually doing it right. 

3 minutes ago, The General said:

Texans aren't good at the tackling part of defense.

Taught to go for the ball. Which of course gives you turnovers but also prone to bad tackling.

Again, illegal formation... What advantage is it taking away? Such a useless penalty.

Just now, The_Man said:

Watson tucked and ran with no pressure. That’s not great 

That was their best play of the day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Man said:

Watson tucked and ran with no pressure. That’s not great 

Not only that, Miller was available to dump it to. Now he didn't exactly make himself known but Watson should know where he is. Yeah I don't think I want Bell landing in Houston.

Edited by lod001

3 minutes ago, Stephen Holloway said:

Homer

Sure. Doesn't change the fact that Indy didn't play as well last week against a depleted Titans offense. 

They're exceeding my expectations so far.

But I'm glad I changed from taking Texans in the contest to chiefs.

• Like 1

Sorry Reid got hurt. Was a great example of new NFL rules working- you don’t have to blast a guy in his head to break up a pass.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, The_Man said:

Sorry Reid got hurt. Was a great example of new NFL rules working- you don’t have to blast a guy in his head to break up a pass.  

Also a great example of the NFL new rules working:

Offensive player is fine, defensive player is nearly dead.  Working as intended.

Ugh. 

For those of us starting nuk, at least you'd think they'd need to pass more now.