What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The United States we deserve and need... (1 Viewer)

It’s a devastating contrast, a real indictment of the Republican Party. 

The GOP I grew up with was based on a distrust of big government, a belief in the efficiency of the private sector, and a moral sense of clarity particularly in international affairs. These ideas remain attractive and they should be just as attractive to minorities as they are to conservative whites. Unfortunately the modern day GOP has become dominated by white people, mostly rural, who are threatened by racial and ethnic diversity. In addition they have become isolationist (though this might be a temporary reaction to the failure of Bush’s Iraq War; that remains to be seen.) 

It’s not sustainable. 

The picture depicts people representing our country and the district they represent.  That is America, diverse and divided.  

They should re-name it to the Whiteness Party.

Hey, I'm Jeb, how white are you?
News flash - rural America believes republicans and urban America believeds democrats each represent issues that are important to them.  What’s wrong with being white? 

News flash - rural America believes republicans and urban America believeds democrats each represent issues that are important to them.  What’s wrong with being white? 
a lot of white people are scared of darker skinned people.  I'd say that's the main thing

I think there is more than just an issue of being white. There are very few women period,   representing the Republicans.

Yup.   I see 1000’s of Hispanics at Home Depot / Lowe’s,  off the side of highways etc here ...  

So you see a group of Hispanic males at Home Depot, what is your first thought?  Please be honest.. 
If you see a group of any kind of guys standing at the edge of the Home Depot parking lot, don’t you think the same thing? Do you think different things if they’re Hispanic?

You calling me a liar? I have been in construction in Colorado for close to 30 years and have seen 1000s of Hispanic males at the Home Depot picking up materials for work.
Wait - are we just talking about Hispanic guys inside Home Depot?

So you see a group of Hispanic males at Home Depot, what is your first thought?  Please be honest.. 
I honestly don’t know what you think we all secretly think about Hispanics in Home Depot. Guys getting materials? Guys working at Home Depot? I mean, I guess I don’t think “oh, those guys must own this Home Depot” but I wouldn’t think that of anyone in there so I don’t think that’s racist, just common sense. Maybe they’re buying a refrigerator, I suppose I wouldn’t guess that. 

What do you think, honestly, when you see a group of Hispanics at Home Depot? Wtf is your point here?

I honestly don’t know what you think we all secretly think about Hispanics in Home Depot. Guys getting materials? Guys working at Home Depot? I mean, I guess I don’t think “oh, those guys must own this Home Depot” but I wouldn’t think that of anyone in there so I don’t think that’s racist, just common sense. Maybe they’re buying a refrigerator, I suppose I wouldn’t guess that. 

What do you think, honestly, when you see a group of Hispanics at Home Depot? Wtf is your point here?
Building ladders. 

You calling me a liar? I have been in construction in Colorado for close to 30 years and have seen 1000s of Hispanic males at the Home Depot picking up materials for work.
:thumbup:

Was just in HD yesterday. I’d say at least half of the customers were Hispanic men.

Understanding the differences in people doesn't make anyone a racist.  We OBVIOUSLY are different that's why we have the races.

Where are those Asian American cornerbacks in the NFL?   Knowing there aren't any is simply reality, not racist, and so it goes.

Check out Alabama vs Clemson Monday night, what will we see...? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Understanding the differences in people doesn't make anyone a racist.  We OBVIOUSLY are different that's why we have the races.

Where are those Asian American cornerbacks in the NFL?   Knowing there aren't any is simply reality, not racist, and so it goes.

Check out Alabama vs Clemson Monday night, what will we see...? 
Quite possibly one of the worst posts I have ever read - and I have been here a long time

It’s a devastating contrast, a real indictment of the Republican Party. 

The GOP I grew up with was based on a distrust of big government, a belief in the efficiency of the private sector, and a moral sense of clarity particularly in international affairs. These ideas remain attractive and they should be just as attractive to minorities as they are to conservative whites. Unfortunately the modern day GOP has become dominated by white people, mostly rural, who are threatened by racial and ethnic diversity. In addition they have become isolationist (though this might be a temporary reaction to the failure of Bush’s Iraq War; that remains to be seen.) 

It’s not sustainable. 
Not an indictment at all.  The Democrats pander to minorities and promise all kinds of redistribution and special protections.  There is nothing shocking that the Democrats have captured minorities, it is the intended results of the Democratic politics of many decades which pit races and genders and classes against each other.  

Not an indictment at all.  The Democrats pander to minorities and promise all kinds of redistribution and special protections.  There is nothing shocking that the Democrats have captured minorities, it is the intended results of the Democratic politics of many decades which pit races and genders and classes against each other.  
or attempting to represent people of all races

White people still make up about half of the Democratic Party. That party has a lot of systemic and policy problems, imo, but it still has greater appeal to people who believe that a country free of discrimination is worth pursuing.

White people still make up about half of the Democratic Party. That party has a lot of systemic and policy problems, imo, but it still has greater appeal to people who believe that a country free of discrimination is worth pursuing.
I agree.

To me, the most striking thing about this picture is the Democrat side is what I really see when I'm at the supermarket, Barnes and Noble, at the Dr's office, etc. By a mile, to be honest. 

You are not being honest.... 
This seems to be a typical trait of some conservatives, or at least <Trump Supporters>. That since they prejudge others based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, creed, religion that everyone does. Well, that's not necessarily how the rest of us work. Now I know it's probably something you think you can't help because it's irrational or based on brain chemistry or brain anatomy so you'll keep being you and we will keep being us. I just hope you try to open your world up a little bit and just maybe you will realize something you haven't in the first 30 or 40 years of your life.

This seems to be a typical trait of some conservatives, or at least <Trump Supporters>. That since they prejudge others based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, creed, religion that everyone does. Well, that's not necessarily how the rest of us work. Now I know it's probably something you think you can't help because it's irrational or based on brain chemistry or brain anatomy so you'll keep being you and we will keep being us. I just hope you try to open your world up a little bit and just maybe you will realize something you haven't in the first 30 or 40 years of your life.
I think everyone has some prejudgements to varying degrees so we will have to agree to disagree.  I try to grow as a person every day.  For example I was in barracudas new years eve in your town and was talking up 5 guys dressed as ladies.  No lie...

I think everyone has some prejudgements to varying degrees so we will have to agree to disagree.  I try to grow as a person every day.  For example I was in barracudas new years eve in your town and was talking up 5 guys dressed as ladies.  No lie...
we believe you

or attempting to represent people of all races
That would be refreshing if they did.   But Democrats policies favor urban and minority interest over those of rural and white interest.   Until Democrats abandoned positions which favor one race over another, it is silly to suggest Democrats represent all races. 

That would be refreshing if they did.   But Democrats policies favor urban and minority interest over those of rural and white interest.   Until Democrats abandoned positions which favor one race over another, it is silly to suggest Democrats represent all races. 
Citation needed.

Citation needed.
For obvious facts?  Do you not see that whites are increasingly moving away from the Democratic party and Democrats always get beat in rual areas.   You believe that is because Democrats are representing rual/white interest?  

For obvious facts?  Do you not see that whites are increasingly moving away from the Democratic party and Democrats always get beat in rual areas.   You believe that is because Democrats are representing rual/white interest?  
I’m asking you to back up assertions you are making (that I believe are more opinion than obvious fact).  You seem to refuse to do that.  You made claims of actual policy issues but being nothing to back it up.  This is a recurring theme and is not conducive to honest conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread