Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man In The Box

***Seattle @ Dallas***

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Pete deserves an L with that playcalling. Running game didn’t work all game but he keeps the predictable terrible play calls coming until they have to show urgency at the end. They deserve to go home. 

Absolutely. It was very, very bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cowboysfan8 said:

Nope

And thanks

How many Eagles are from Philly? And/or will live in Philly after they retire? Where you live means nothing

Cowboysfan8....these eagle fan knuckleheads that post on here believe that they are like rocky balboa....they still think being a philly fan means nobody should say anything or they will get a fat lip...it’s a joke...they cry every game about injuries and penalty’s and there eagle thread says it all...f...the eagle fans on this board...they can’t stay out of cowboy threads and it’s ridiculous...good luck being us...not gonnna happen...wentz may never win a playoff game...Foles is gone next year and Ertz isn’t an AP all pro...nufff Said...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The General said:

The had good outcomes but not having a FG kicker isn't going to help a team.

It made the final score closer by not having him. That is a fact. But it would have hurt them if they did recover the onside kick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Retire to Philly? :lmao:

And where you live means nothing. I hear that, bro. I likes whoever wins dog. 

You live in Philly? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bigboy10182000 said:

I really thoight the gameplan would feature Wilson and was shocked they tried to establish the run late in the 3rd. It was terrible. I thoight they held up on defense and expected the game to be more out of hand but they’re offense almost tried to lose. 

They have done the same thing all year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Pete deserves an L with that playcalling. Running game didn’t work all game but he keeps the predictable terrible play calls coming until they have to show urgency at the end. They deserve to go home. 

That is Schottenheimer all his career. He is one of the worst and most predictable offensive coordinators of all time.

He has never had a top 10 offense in his career as a coordinator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Lived there many, many years and live within 15 minutes now. 

Good luck tomorrow big boy...I plan to be in your game thread unless I’m booted...either way...good luck....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Dude Cowboy fans aren’t from Texas. Or even near it lol

You’re drunk tonight. You should probably just call it a night.    :shrug: 

 

ETA - or at least it seems like you’re drunk because I’ve never seen you lash out like this over something this trivial

Edited by fred_1_15301
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Pete deserves an L with that playcalling. Running game didn’t work all game but he keeps the predictable terrible play calls coming until they have to show urgency at the end. They deserve to go home. 

What made it really bad, is Dallas spent the entire game daring Seattle to pass on 1st down, with 8-9 man boxes constantly, and whenever Seattle did, they had success, which was like 3 times, but still. 

Seattle really beat themselves today, there were 5-6 teams that didn't make the playoffs, that this Seattle team doesn't beat. If I were a Dallas fan, I'd be concerned they had to squeak this one out, instead of dominating. New Orleans certainly won't play like this, and likely neither will the Rams.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gradin123 said:

That is Schottenheimer all his career. He is one of the worst and most predictable offensive coordinators of all time.

He has never had a top 10 offense in his career as a coordinator.

Where was he at before Seattle? 

When the run is getting stuffed like that really surprised they didn’t put the ball in Russ’ hands. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gradin123 said:

It made the final score closer by not having him. That is a fact. But it would have hurt them if they did recover the onside kick.

Yeah who knows what would have happened. Losing any ability to kick FG's and XP's is not ever going to help out was my point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoBirds said:

Where was he at before Seattle? 

When the run is getting stuffed like that really surprised they didn’t put the ball in Russ’ hands. 

Jets from 2006-2011

Rams 2012-2014

And he even failed hard at Georgia in 2015 in the college ranks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

You’re drunk tonight. You should probably just call it a night.    :shrug: 

 

ETA - or at least it seems like you’re drunk because I’ve never seen you lash out like this over something this trivial

Read it with a smile. I can promise you I am in no way “lashing out” or angry or drunk lol. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Read it with a smile. I can promise you I am in no way “lashing out” or angry or drunk lol. 

Fair enough.  Just haven’t seen those type of posts from you before.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fred_1_15301 said:

Fair enough.  Just haven’t seen those type of posts from you before.  

Text gets misunderstood at times. It’s seriously best you read much of the critical stuff I say with a smile. 

I have VERY good friends and family (some have lived there forever) who are Cowboy fans too and I’ll bust their balls the same way. The ones who have never been get it the worst lol. 

I have no animosity toward any of these guys personally at all. Like I said, I thought they’d bomb Seattle and even beat the Rams next round too. But I’ll rib Cowboys fan and Steady forever lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bigboy10182000 said:

Text gets misunderstood at times. It’s seriously best you read much of the critical stuff I say with a smile. 

I have VERY good friends and family (some have lived there forever) who are Cowboy fans too and I’ll bust their balls the same way. The ones who have never been get it the worst lol. 

I have no animosity toward any of these guys personally at all. Like I said, I thought they’d bomb Seattle and even beat the Rams next round too. But I’ll rib Cowboys fan and Steady forever lol. 

Gotcha - it's all good.  BTW - I'm not a Cowboys fan by any means.  I'm a Steelers fan (born and raised in Pittsburgh 😄) who lives in Philly.  I respect your posts and knowledge about the Eagles.  That's why I was a little surprised by your posts in this thread.  Thanks for clarifying that it was all in good fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The General said:

Yeah who knows what would have happened. Losing any ability to kick FG's and XP's is not ever going to help out was my point.

For the record I would rather you guys had your kicker. Losing him turned Russell nto a 4 down team and that’s scary AF. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Text gets misunderstood at times. It’s seriously best you read much of the critical stuff I say with a smile. 

I have VERY good friends and family (some have lived there forever) who are Cowboy fans too and I’ll bust their balls the same way. The ones who have never been get it the worst lol. 

I have no animosity toward any of these guys personally at all. Like I said, I thought they’d bomb Seattle and even beat the Rams next round too. But I’ll rib Cowboys fan and Steady forever lol. 

And likewise to you. The only people I like talking to have just a BRUTAL sense of humor. Nothing is off limits except not being funny. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

Gotcha - it's all good.  BTW - I'm not a Cowboys fan by any means.  I'm a Steelers fan (born and raised in Pittsburgh 😄) who lives in Philly.  I respect your posts and knowledge about the Eagles.  That's why I was a little surprised by your posts in this thread.  Thanks for clarifying that it was all in good fun.

Yeah man. We could all hang out and it would be a good time. Seriously just messing with a couple guys and that’s it. Looking back I can see how someone could come to that conclusion but it really wasn’t meant to be harmful. Just messing around. @Cowboys4Life and @Steady Mooobin if I did anything to offend I apologize. Going forward if I take any jabs please read with a smile. I’m just busting balls. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Yeah man. We could all hang out and it would be a good time. Seriously just messing with a couple guys and that’s it. Looking back I can see how someone could come to that conclusion but it really wasn’t meant to be harmful. Just messing around. @Cowboys4Life and @Steady Mooobin if I did anything to offend I apologize. Going forward if I take any jabs please read with a smile. I’m just busting balls. 

Don't apologize. It's a message board.

We're rivals, we're supposed to jab

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, billmatic said:

It seems crazy that punters and kickers can't do each other's jobs to some extent

It's honestly kind of sad.  These guys are at practice for however many hours every day for something they already do really well.  They really should have these guys spend 30 minutes of their practice every day practicing the other guy's job in case of injury.

An NFL punter putting in 30 minutes every day for years kicking field goals should be able to kick a 21 yard FG no problem.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don`t like the Cowboys but how can you not root for Dak?  The guy just does all the right things on and off the field.

How Bout Dem Cowboys!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

I don`t like the Cowboys but how can you not root for Dak?  The guy just does all the right things on and off the field.

How Bout Dem Cowboys!!

:goodposting:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

C'mon Eagles. Cowboys want to go to LA not NO.  Plus I have you in a teaser, how can you not cover 12.5 points?

Go Eagles!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tonydead said:

C'mon Eagles. Cowboys want to go to LA not NO.  Plus I have you in a teaser, how can you not cover 12.5 points?

Go Eagles!!! 

Cowboys getting destroyed either way. HTH

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Doctor Detroit said:

Cowboys getting destroyed either way. HTH

Sure, probably. Do we have any recent data against either of these teams tho?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Doctor Detroit said:

Cowboys getting destroyed either way. HTH

Destroyed like OU losing to Bama or will it be closer?  Care to make it interesting?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GoBirds said:

Pete deserves an L with that playcalling. Running game didn’t work all game but he keeps the predictable terrible play calls coming until they have to show urgency at the end. They deserve to go home. 

Marty Ball Jr....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I guess I’m surprised at what an incredibly crappy kickoff that was at the end of the game. 

I'm pretty sure of the 52 guys (Well now 51) available, 49 can put a ball sideways on a tee and kick it hard into the ground.  It might not go perfectly 10 yards but it would have been better than whatever abortion that was.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cowboys beat the iggles west........Bears sending the original iggles packing would be a nice cherry on top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, culdeus said:

I'm pretty sure of the 52 guys (Well now 51) available, 49 can put a ball sideways on a tee and kick it hard into the ground.  It might not go perfectly 10 yards but it would have been better than whatever abortion that was.  

There were several moments when we all just looked at each other, speechless with wtf the Hawks were doin......that "onside" attempt summed it up nicely.....all those passes into the flats with no blockers.....2 yards and a cloud of dust 1st 2nd and 3rd.....4th and 6 Russ completes a miraculous throw to baldwin....strange decisions.....the Cowboys D played a huge roll obviously, but still, poor playcalling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Manster said:

Cowboys beat the iggles west........Bears sending the original iggles packing would be a nice cherry on top.

Until you realize you have to try to beat Brees twice in a season if that happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, culdeus said:

I'm pretty sure of the 52 guys (Well now 51) available, 49 can put a ball sideways on a tee and kick it hard into the ground.  It might not go perfectly 10 yards but it would have been better than whatever abortion that was.  

Yeah, I'm guessing this isn't right.

He is All-Pro punter this year and he's been doing that drop kick thing his whole life as he grew up playing Aussie Rules. He just screwed the pooch there, it happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoBirds said:

Until you realize you have to try to beat Brees twice in a season if that happens. 

Is what it is for me fwiw

I can't root for the Eagles no matter who they're playing 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, culdeus said:

I'm pretty sure of the 52 guys (Well now 51) available, 49 can put a ball sideways on a tee and kick it hard into the ground.  It might not go perfectly 10 yards but it would have been better than whatever abortion that was.  

Seriously, anyone that played soccer as a kid can do this.  Obviously not as well as a pro, but the mechanics/technique are fairly basic.

Controlling a drop kick is levels of magnitude harder on the degree of difficulty.

Edited by matuski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Until you realize you have to try to beat Brees twice in a season if that happens. 

you wanna win the superbowl you have to beat good teams......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Is what it is for me fwiw

I can't root for the Eagles no matter who they're playing 

 

I hear you, I know that feeling. 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, matuski said:

Seriously, anyone that played soccer as a kid can do this.  Obviously not as well as a pro, but the mechanics/technique are fairly basic.

Controlling a drop kick is levels of magnitude harder on the degree of difficulty.

Sounds like you should be able to easily line up a job as a special teams coach in the NFL :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing about dropkicking though is that it offers irregular spin on the ball, it should do crazy things when it comes off the foot that players are totally unused to. 

I think Dickson’s kick was a standard rugby kickoff. If you’ve ever seen rugby or Aus rules football, the kickoff is a high pooch and teammates run under it. The problem with Dickson’s kick was it was too long and low. Really it’s just surprising to me he didn’t do it better, I think the dropkick could be pretty spectacular if given the right practice time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

The thing about dropkicking though is that it offers irregular spin on the ball, it should do crazy things when it comes off the foot that players are totally unused to. 

I think Dickson’s kick was a standard rugby kickoff. If you’ve ever seen rugby or Aus rules football, the kickoff is a high pooch and teammates run under it. The problem with Dickson’s kick was it was too long and low. Really it’s just surprising to me he didn’t do it better, I think the dropkick could be pretty spectacular if given the right practice time.

They had a similar situation earlier this year against the Bears. He tried to angle it like a comventional onside kick and it was just as bad an effort. All-Pro punter but this is obviously another skill that he doesn’t have for some reason.

Haven’t heard him talk about it but I’m guessing if he were being honest he just say he choked.

He’s had some other squirrely spots in games as well (see end of Detroit game).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Until you realize you have to try to beat Brees twice in a season if that happens. 

I don't expect that to happen....Dak would have to play the game of his life and the defense would need to force a key turnover or something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, The General said:

Sounds like you should be able to easily line up a job as a special teams coach in the NFL :lol:

 

On that play - most anyone would have been able to figure that out.  

Kick a stationary tee'd up ball into the ground versus timing and aiming a drop kick.  The margin for error alone (as we saw), makes it an easy call.

I mean maybe nobody on that team played soccer?  Has the punter never done it?  I can't imagine these were the case.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is the weekend, anyone with doubts can go see for themselves in the backyard.

Prop a crushed beer can under the ball and kick it into the ground (it is hard to miss the ground), then drop a ball at their feet and time their kick just after it lands (hard to do right when you realize the ball isnt round).

Do each a couple few times and there you go.  May be harder to do a few drop kicks after the balls fly in all directions and distances.

Edited by matuski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol, Cowboys win the first time in the playoffs in decades, and all people in here can talk about is the Eagles. Lot of sensitive people in here. be happy, you guys won

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.