Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man In The Box

***Seattle @ Dallas***

3 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Congrats on OUR win tonight! 

See? No “our”. Your team plays tomorrow or has been eliminated from the playoffs. You’re from Maryland, stop it lol. You know who you celebrate your win with tonight? The internet. And it’s sad. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, belljr said:

Didn't watch. Did SeaBass injury cost Seattle?

Yes, but less so than the Pee-wee level playcalling. Tecmo Bowl had a more creative playbook than Seattle did. Marty Schottenhiemer was never as conservative as Brian was today. 1st down=run, 2nd down=run, 3rd down= pass, for 90% of the game. 

4 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

You have to admit it’s pretty funny....be honest you live in Florida?

Seriously congrats you guys have been waiting awhile for that one. Hopefully we can help you all out tomorrow and get you an easier matchup next week. 

Nope

And thanks

3 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Same. I don’t hate anyone on a message board. With that said....

I don’t take any “fan” serious who’s not from that area. Old school I guess. You’re from an area or not, you have that experience or you don’t. I’ll mess around back and forth but I laugh at your “passion” for your team....

How many Eagles are from Philly? And/or will live in Philly after they retire? Where you live means nothing

Schottenheimer is a complete tool and the Seahawks front office is going down the wrong path on offense.

I know the Seahawks had success with the run first formula this season but to me it makes absolutely no sense to build an offense that is built around taking the ball out of the hands of your best player.

Yes balance is good but the Seahawks are calling a very unimaginative, predictable offensive gameplan and putting Russell in impossible situations. When the run game is working it does work but when it isn't then the offense is just plain pathethic. I feel bad for Wilson, he is a great quarterback who has never had a true #1 receiver or an imaginative offensive coordinator to work with. 

Edited by gradin123

See? No “our”. Your team plays tomorrow or has been eliminated from the playoffs. You’re from Maryland, stop it lol. You know who you celebrate your win with tonight? The internet. And it’s sad. 

Why do you care? 

I celebrated with my wife, daughters and a few friends. Go watch Daks press conference and worry about Wentz’s knee, back and vagina. 

1 minute ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

How many Eagles are from Philly? And/or will live in Philly after they retire? Where you live means nothing

Retire to Philly? :lmao:

And where you live means nothing. I hear that, bro. I likes whoever wins dog. 

3 minutes ago, The General said:

Probably not. Didn't help that's for sure. 

That ####### Dallas kicker stopping Lockett on the kickoff and Dak on 3rd down won the game.

It actually helped them really. It certainly made the final score closer than it would have been otherwise. They would have kicked a field goal at the end of the game there if he was still available but instead they got the touchdown and they also converted both 2 point conversions. If they had recovered the onside kick it would certainly have become an issue though.

Just now, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Why do you care? 

I celebrated with my wife, daughters and a few friends. Go watch Daks press conference and worry about Wentz’s knee, back and vagina. 

Just when I thought it couldn’t get worse, OMG. 

All other stuff aside. Pete Carroll sucked in this game. I knew Dallas would win but he did everything he could to lose. 

Pete deserves an L with that playcalling. Running game didn’t work all game but he keeps the predictable terrible play calls coming until they have to show urgency at the end. They deserve to go home. 

Just now, gradin123 said:

It actually helped them really. It certainly made the final score closer than it would have been otherwise. They would have kicked a field goal at the end of the game there if he was still available but instead they got the touchdown and they also converted both 2 point conversions. If they had recovered the onside kick it would certainly have become an issue though.

The had good outcomes but not having a FG kicker isn't going to help a team.

3 minutes ago, gradin123 said:

Schottenheimer is a complete tool and the Seahawks front office is going down the wrong path on offense.

I really thoight the gameplan would feature Wilson and was shocked they tried to establish the run late in the 3rd. It was terrible. I thoight they held up on defense and expected the game to be more out of hand but they’re offense almost tried to lose. 

2 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Pete deserves an L with that playcalling. Running game didn’t work all game but he keeps the predictable terrible play calls coming until they have to show urgency at the end. They deserve to go home. 

Absolutely. It was very, very bad. 

Just now, Cowboysfan8 said:

Nope

And thanks

Cowboysfan8....these eagle fan knuckleheads that post on here believe that they are like rocky balboa....they still think being a philly fan means nobody should say anything or they will get a fat lip...it’s a joke...they cry every game about injuries and penalty’s and there eagle thread says it all...f...the eagle fans on this board...they can’t stay out of cowboy threads and it’s ridiculous...good luck being us...not gonnna happen...wentz may never win a playoff game...Foles is gone next year and Ertz isn’t an AP all pro...nufff Said...

Just now, The General said:

The had good outcomes but not having a FG kicker isn't going to help a team.

It made the final score closer by not having him. That is a fact. But it would have hurt them if they did recover the onside kick.

Retire to Philly? :lmao:

And where you live means nothing. I hear that, bro. I likes whoever wins dog. 

You live in Philly? 

Just now, Bigboy10182000 said:

I really thoight the gameplan would feature Wilson and was shocked they tried to establish the run late in the 3rd. It was terrible. I thoight they held up on defense and expected the game to be more out of hand but they’re offense almost tried to lose. 

They have done the same thing all year. 

4 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

That is Schottenheimer all his career. He is one of the worst and most predictable offensive coordinators of all time.

He has never had a top 10 offense in his career as a coordinator.

1 minute ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Lived there many, many years and live within 15 minutes now. 

Good luck tomorrow big boy...I plan to be in your game thread unless I’m booted...either way...good luck....

26 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Dude Cowboy fans aren’t from Texas. Or even near it lol

You’re drunk tonight. You should probably just call it a night.    :shrug: 

ETA - or at least it seems like you’re drunk because I’ve never seen you lash out like this over something this trivial

Edited by fred_1_15301
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

What made it really bad, is Dallas spent the entire game daring Seattle to pass on 1st down, with 8-9 man boxes constantly, and whenever Seattle did, they had success, which was like 3 times, but still. 

Seattle really beat themselves today, there were 5-6 teams that didn't make the playoffs, that this Seattle team doesn't beat. If I were a Dallas fan, I'd be concerned they had to squeak this one out, instead of dominating. New Orleans certainly won't play like this, and likely neither will the Rams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gradin123 said:

That is Schottenheimer all his career. He is one of the worst and most predictable offensive coordinators of all time.

He has never had a top 10 offense in his career as a coordinator.

Where was he at before Seattle? 

When the run is getting stuffed like that really surprised they didn’t put the ball in Russ’ hands. 

7 minutes ago, gradin123 said:

It made the final score closer by not having him. That is a fact. But it would have hurt them if they did recover the onside kick.

Yeah who knows what would have happened. Losing any ability to kick FG's and XP's is not ever going to help out was my point.

1 minute ago, GoBirds said:

Where was he at before Seattle? 

When the run is getting stuffed like that really surprised they didn’t put the ball in Russ’ hands. 

Jets from 2006-2011

Rams 2012-2014

And he even failed hard at Georgia in 2015 in the college ranks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

You’re drunk tonight. You should probably just call it a night.    :shrug: 

ETA - or at least it seems like you’re drunk because I’ve never seen you lash out like this over something this trivial

Read it with a smile. I can promise you I am in no way “lashing out” or angry or drunk lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Read it with a smile. I can promise you I am in no way “lashing out” or angry or drunk lol. 

Fair enough.  Just haven’t seen those type of posts from you before.  

Just now, fred_1_15301 said:

Fair enough.  Just haven’t seen those type of posts from you before.  

Text gets misunderstood at times. It’s seriously best you read much of the critical stuff I say with a smile. 

I have VERY good friends and family (some have lived there forever) who are Cowboy fans too and I’ll bust their balls the same way. The ones who have never been get it the worst lol. 

I have no animosity toward any of these guys personally at all. Like I said, I thought they’d bomb Seattle and even beat the Rams next round too. But I’ll rib Cowboys fan and Steady forever lol. 

Just now, Bigboy10182000 said:

Text gets misunderstood at times. It’s seriously best you read much of the critical stuff I say with a smile. 

I have VERY good friends and family (some have lived there forever) who are Cowboy fans too and I’ll bust their balls the same way. The ones who have never been get it the worst lol. 

I have no animosity toward any of these guys personally at all. Like I said, I thought they’d bomb Seattle and even beat the Rams next round too. But I’ll rib Cowboys fan and Steady forever lol. 

Gotcha - it's all good.  BTW - I'm not a Cowboys fan by any means.  I'm a Steelers fan (born and raised in Pittsburgh 😄) who lives in Philly.  I respect your posts and knowledge about the Eagles.  That's why I was a little surprised by your posts in this thread.  Thanks for clarifying that it was all in good fun.

12 minutes ago, The General said:

Yeah who knows what would have happened. Losing any ability to kick FG's and XP's is not ever going to help out was my point.

For the record I would rather you guys had your kicker. Losing him turned Russell nto a 4 down team and that’s scary AF. 

4 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

And likewise to you. The only people I like talking to have just a BRUTAL sense of humor. Nothing is off limits except not being funny. 

3 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

Gotcha - it's all good.  BTW - I'm not a Cowboys fan by any means.  I'm a Steelers fan (born and raised in Pittsburgh 😄) who lives in Philly.  I respect your posts and knowledge about the Eagles.  That's why I was a little surprised by your posts in this thread.  Thanks for clarifying that it was all in good fun.

Yeah man. We could all hang out and it would be a good time. Seriously just messing with a couple guys and that’s it. Looking back I can see how someone could come to that conclusion but it really wasn’t meant to be harmful. Just messing around. @Cowboys4Life and @Steady Mooobin if I did anything to offend I apologize. Going forward if I take any jabs please read with a smile. I’m just busting balls. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Yeah man. We could all hang out and it would be a good time. Seriously just messing with a couple guys and that’s it. Looking back I can see how someone could come to that conclusion but it really wasn’t meant to be harmful. Just messing around. @Cowboys4Life and @Steady Mooobin if I did anything to offend I apologize. Going forward if I take any jabs please read with a smile. I’m just busting balls. 

Don't apologize. It's a message board.

We're rivals, we're supposed to jab

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billmatic said:

It seems crazy that punters and kickers can't do each other's jobs to some extent

It's honestly kind of sad.  These guys are at practice for however many hours every day for something they already do really well.  They really should have these guys spend 30 minutes of their practice every day practicing the other guy's job in case of injury.

An NFL punter putting in 30 minutes every day for years kicking field goals should be able to kick a 21 yard FG no problem.

• Like 2

I don`t like the Cowboys but how can you not root for Dak?  The guy just does all the right things on and off the field.

How Bout Dem Cowboys!!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

I don`t like the Cowboys but how can you not root for Dak?  The guy just does all the right things on and off the field.

How Bout Dem Cowboys!!

:goodposting:

C'mon Eagles. Cowboys want to go to LA not NO.  Plus I have you in a teaser, how can you not cover 12.5 points?

Go Eagles!!! 

2 minutes ago, tonydead said:

C'mon Eagles. Cowboys want to go to LA not NO.  Plus I have you in a teaser, how can you not cover 12.5 points?

Go Eagles!!! 

Cowboys getting destroyed either way. HTH

• Like 2

Just now, Doctor Detroit said:

Sure, probably. Do we have any recent data against either of these teams tho?  

5 hours ago, Doctor Detroit said:

Destroyed like OU losing to Bama or will it be closer?  Care to make it interesting?  

10 hours ago, GoBirds said:

Marty Ball Jr....

32 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I guess I’m surprised at what an incredibly crappy kickoff that was at the end of the game. 

I'm pretty sure of the 52 guys (Well now 51) available, 49 can put a ball sideways on a tee and kick it hard into the ground.  It might not go perfectly 10 yards but it would have been better than whatever abortion that was.  

Cowboys beat the iggles west........Bears sending the original iggles packing would be a nice cherry on top.

32 minutes ago, culdeus said:

I'm pretty sure of the 52 guys (Well now 51) available, 49 can put a ball sideways on a tee and kick it hard into the ground.  It might not go perfectly 10 yards but it would have been better than whatever abortion that was.  

There were several moments when we all just looked at each other, speechless with wtf the Hawks were doin......that "onside" attempt summed it up nicely.....all those passes into the flats with no blockers.....2 yards and a cloud of dust 1st 2nd and 3rd.....4th and 6 Russ completes a miraculous throw to baldwin....strange decisions.....the Cowboys D played a huge roll obviously, but still, poor playcalling

28 minutes ago, Manster said:

Cowboys beat the iggles west........Bears sending the original iggles packing would be a nice cherry on top.

Until you realize you have to try to beat Brees twice in a season if that happens.