What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Patriot Games (Chargers vs Ravens game thread) (1 Viewer)

The_Man

Footballguy
So the winner of the Chargers-Ravens game advances to New England next Sunday at 1. With the red hot #6 Colts going to KC, there’s a chance that the winner of this game hosts the AFC Championship if they knock off the Patriots next week 

Colts beat Texans a couple weeks ago, then won again in the playoffs. I think the same form holds true here, and Ravens outmuscle Chargers to advance to New England 

I think the winner of this game beats NE. 

I'm going LA 20, Ravens 17 because I think the Chargers are more talented. But the Ravens tend to make games ugly and strange, like mutant in-bred lizards with seven legs.

Weather looks to be about as perfect as it can be - high 50s, sunny, light winds.

Ekeler a gametime decision but he just made a Tweet that certainly looks like he’s playing today. I think Chargers are going to throw lots of fast, short stuff to the outside to negate Ravens pass rush and he could be a big factor 

Hunter Henry is out. Chargers thought he might be able to go this week and be on a pitch count, but he’s not going to play. 

I think the winner of this game beats NE. 
The Patriots have been just as good at home as always. Their issues and losses have come in road games. They have won 15 games in a row at home, with an average margin of victory of 16 points. While I would not be truly shocked if they lost, I would expect them to beat either opponent. 

The Patriots have been just as good at home as always. Their issues and losses have come in road games. They have won 15 games in a row at home, with an average margin of victory of 16 points. While I would not be truly shocked if they lost, I would expect them to beat either opponent. 
Fair enough. There's a reason I gave up gambling decades ago (because I suck at it), but I think both opponents are better than NE this year. 

LA just has more talent, IMO.

And Baltimore, more than any other team in Brady's time, can get off on him. 

Ed Reed to be honorary captain today, recognizing his selection this week as a Hall of Fame finalist. That’s the good news. 

The bad news is that the Ravens are hyping a pregame appearance by a “surprise” legend of the game. Gee, I wonder who that could possibly be?

Already looking forward to the inevitable sideline interview in which Ray takes all the credit for Lamar’s success. 

Ed Reed to be honorary captain today, recognizing his selection this week as a Hall of Fame finalist. That’s the good news. 

The bad news is that the Ravens are hyping a pregame appearance by a “surprise” legend of the game. Gee, I wonder who that could possibly be?

Already looking forward to the inevitable sideline interview in which Ray takes all the credit for Lamar’s success. 
Oof. I fear you're right, but no.....just, no

Greatest Ravens according to me:

1. Ray Lewis

2. Edward Reed

3. Big Jon Ogden

4. Justin Tucker

Greatest Chargers according to me:

1. Octodad

2. LTII

3. Dan Fouts

4. Kellen Winslow

Oof. I fear you're right, but no.....just, no