What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AFC Wild Card - Chargers @ Ravens (1 Viewer)

Jackson is a flash in the pan, Harbaugh should be fired for not putting in Flaxco...

He has to put this kid on the bench now, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Boy, fans are going to be killing Jackson and Harbaugh all offseason. Gotta wonder if this game influences those Harbaugh extension discussions.

Why would u not put Flacco in there................makes no sense  Dude has 25 yards passing the entire game.

Disco is not dead, at least not in Wink Martindale's house it isn't. Wink Martindale has forgotten more about martial arts than you will ever know. Wink Martindale hosted a discussion panel with former president Jimmy Carter and halfway through the proceedings hurled a tabletop through Carter's chest. You can only see Wink Martindale out of the corner of your eye. If you try to focus on him he dances out of sight like a hummingbird.

Terrible pocket presence by Jackson on that drive. Doesn't know when to step out, doesn't know when to step up. Just stands there and gets creamed.

irish eyes said:
I said before playoffs, how does a team with Lamar jackson make it. But then I remembered they only had to beat out the self imploding Steelers  
Harbaugh and Tomlin are elite coaches bro... get with the times.

What the heck are you guys watching? They showed at least 7 or 8 *clear* replays of Watt rolling into endzone with ball in the white before being touched. Terrible call. Down by contact on the next play was correct. Not enough to call it a fumble, but had it been called a fumble on the field they wouldn't have been able to overrule. But they blew the ####### whistle anyway. 

And going for 2 to make it 17 should be a self evident argument. 3 possession game >> 2 possession game.

Dez said:
If you kick the XP they have to get 2 TD and 2 two pointers.  If they miss the 2 pointer they only need 1 two pointer.

When a team scores to go up 7 why don't they just always go for 2 to make it a 2 score game ?
Going for 2 has a higher EV than an XP.  This has been mentioned many times before.

sho nuff said:
Except the spot on the Watt play.
Not sure but it might be because they challenged he was in versus challenging the spot. Replay rules are little bit of a black box for plebs though. 

bostonfred said:
They led by 15. If you go for 1 you lead by 16. If you miss the 2 pt conversion or the kick and the ravens score they'll go for 2 once and 1 the other time. Very rare to see a team go for 2 both times. So 15 or 16 is almost identical - you need to prevent two touchdowns and at least 1 two point conversion. 

But if you go for 2 and make it, you lead by 17 which is 3 scores. That's a huge difference. 
Yeah as someone above just mentioned this is basically the same as going for two whenever you score a TD to go up by 7 instead of kicking an XP to make it 8.

You're basically trading them attempting a 2 pointer for you attempting a 2 pointer.  Granted I could see SD saying they have a good offense so they'd rather be the ones going for 2 (although again, it's not like they're going for 2 when up by 7) by just as much the Ravens offense is terrible so you'd probably rather them have to complete the 2.

Dez said:
If you kick the XP they have to get 2 TD and 2 two pointers.  If they miss the 2 pointer they only need 1 two pointer.

When a team scores to go up 7 why don't they just always go for 2 to make it a 2 score game ?
Because then one 1 pointer gives them the win if you miss. The risk would outweigh the reward. Whereas going for 2 in this game and situation, you're weighing the benefit of going up three scores against the risk of making them *only* have to go for one 2 pointer (out of two TDs). The benefit is far greater than the risk. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad Mayfield didn't get in FG range there at the end.....................Would been much funner to watch LAC at Pitt me thinks.

Dez said:
I really don't understand the going for 2
Being up 15 as opposed to 16 doesn’t change your win probability that much, I assume, since it is still 2 tds.  But being up 3 scores has to increase it a lot.  Based on the way that the ravens o is playing, getting to either 18 or 19 is suck a low risk anyway.

Because then one 1 pointer gives them the win if you miss. The risk would outweigh the reward. Whereas going for 2 in this game and situation, you're weighing the benefit of going up three scores against the risk of making them *only* have to go for one 2 pointer (out of two Yes). The benefit is far greater than the risk. 
No it doesn't.  An XP would tie in that scenario.  He's saying you're up 7 BEFORE the PAT/2-pt try.

IE you lead 14-13 and score a TD to make it 20-13 before the point after.  Everyone kicks the XP there to go up 21-13.

This was the same thing just with one extra TD thrown in.

Too bad Mayfield didn't get in FG range there at the end.....................Would been much funner to watch LAC at Pitt me thinks.
Didn’t you get the memo three quarters ago. DO NOT TALK ABOUT PITT! This is a game man! A game!

Users who are viewing this thread