What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eagles vs Saints - Divisional Round - GG: GL Saints, Hope you Win it all! (2 Viewers)

I hate to be Vince McMahon and dump the rain on this parade, but Drew Brees and Sean Payton are 5-0 in the playoffs ever since they started in New Orleans.  And the Saints are better this year than the year they won the Super Bowl.

And I guarantee that all throughout the Superdome, Whodat Nation will be chanting "M-V-P!" for the man.

I hate to be Vince McMahon and dump the rain on this parade, but Drew Brees and Sean Payton are 5-0 in the playoffs ever since they started in New Orleans.  And the Saints are better this year than the year they won the Super Bowl.

And I guarantee that all throughout the Superdome, Whodat Nation will be chanting "M-V-P!" for the man.
Really. I hadn't seen that stat any where before.

I'm watching SportsCenter right now, and they just said New Orleans is a 9 1/2 point favorite next week.

The Eagles can absolutely win this game.  Wouldn't surprise me one bit.  Just like I believe the 6 seed in the AFC has a great shot.  These aren't your typical 6 seeds.  One is the defending champ who has hit their stride.  The other is one of the best defensive teams in the league with a great QB and great O line.  6 vs 6 superbowl?  Yes please

Nick Foles is undefeated when a Vegas dog.  This is a different team than the one Brees and company curb stomped last time.  Not saying I think they’re gonna win.....I’m just sayin.
I mean, that's not true.  But seriously - he's on a roll.  he's like 14-1 in the last 15 games he played decent time in that matter.

Yogi Bear is probably the worst cartoon character ever created.

Last edited by a moderator:
It should be a much closer game this time around; Philly has hit their stride since Foles has taken over.  One player that will play in this game for the Saints that didn't in the first match up is Ted Ginn.  He is the deep threat that the Saints have lacked in the later part of the season.  He is really vital to taking the top off of the defense so Brees can work the underneath stuff. 

A....DOINK...away from being eliminated, hmmmm?  While The Nick Foles story is cool it ends vs Saints.

Back to back on the road never a good situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saints went 13-3 against the tenth hardest schedule in football.  No other team in the top 10 hardest schedules won 10+ games this season. 

But the big question is what Brees/Payton's playoff record is at home.  Will need to look that up somehow.
Since they started in New Orleans, Drew Brees and Sean Payton are undefeated at home in the playoffs.  That's one of the reasons I'm picking the Saints.

Does anyone know what the Saints record in the playoffs is at home when Brees is playing QB and Payton is coaching?

Yogi started a thread last week on how much of a travesty it will be if the Saints don’t win it all.  If I didn’t have money on the Eagles I would also be rooting for the Saints to win it all (in fact I still kind of am).  I think Brees finds a way to pull it off but it will be a close one.  Saints also seem to have something magical going on this year.

Nick Foles is undefeated when a Vegas dog.  This is a different team than the one Brees and company curb stomped last time.  Not saying I think they’re gonna win.....I’m just sayin.
Who did the Eagles get back in the secondary? Or are those UDFAs stepping up? All of the sudden, Philly seems capable against the pass.

I'm watching SportsCenter right now, and they just said New Orleans is a 9 1/2 point favorite next week.
Probably too much ... but I think that should the Saints win, it won't be a one-score type game. Either the Eagles squeak one out on the last possession, or the Saints take control early and win comfortably.

Who did the Eagles get back in the secondary? Or are those UDFAs stepping up? All of the sudden, Philly seems capable against the pass.
Rasul Douglas has come back and is playing very well.  Darby, Mills, and Jones are all still out.  Another rookie who was forced into lay due to injuries, Maddox, has improved tremendously over the past month or so. He's a playmaker. On the negative side, he's super aggressive at jumping passes, and the Bears figured that out and burnt him a few times on double moves yesterday.  Hopefully, he makes an adjustment.

No question New Orleans is and should be the favorite.  Gotta admit you're a *bit* more nervous then you should be though!
All of the potential Saints' opponents could have elicited some nervousness. Nothing special about the Eagles compared to the Seahawks or Cowboys ... any of those three could give the Saints fits if a game gets away from the home team.

Nice story for Foles but it all ends in New Oeleans. The Eagles this................................................................................................far from not even being there.

Nice story for Foles but it all ends in New Oeleans. The Eagles this................................................................................................far from not even being there.
Eagles finished 9-7 and were four plays away from being 13-3.  No one cares how close they were to not being there.

Not all of their starters are back, but it should be noted, that first NO game, where Brees torched us was literally the first time anyone in our secondary played together and other than Malcolm Jenkins, it was the first time the rest of the guys had played an NFL game.  

Getting off to a nice start is big in all games, but even more so for the Eagles this week against New Orleans.  I realize they're playing with confidence and momentum right now, but if they get down 14-0 midway through the first quarter, the ### kicking they took from the Saints 6-7 weeks ago is going to be very fresh in their heads and the recent confidence could go right down the drain.  On the other hand, if the Eagles are ahead of tied after the first quarter, that earlier game may as well have been ten years ago.  It'll be another down to the wire game between great teams.

I have no dog in the fight, but I want to see the Eagles win the SB again just for the story line & the "trade Wentz" chants...
If the Eagles win another Super Bowl, I'd want to see Wentz traded simply because Philly would be an absolutely horrible place for him to play after that. I'd wish him to be on team hungry for a great young QB to give them their own success. Philly would take in a haul for him, too. Multiple ones.

Of course, if Philly doesn't win it again, I want Wentz to be the Eagles QB for the next 15 years.

Not all of their starters are back, but it should be noted, that first NO game, where Brees torched us was literally the first time anyone in our secondary played together and other than Malcolm Jenkins, it was the first time the rest of the guys had played an NFL game.  
I remember that well ... the announcers talked about it quite a bit.

Regardless of how these playoffs go, it will be ultimately a good thing for the Eagles defense that so many young backups have gotten starting experience.

What I meant to say is they're 5-0 AT HOME in the playoffs ever since they started in New Orleans.  Soon to be 6-0 after next Sunday.
Eagles shouldn't have any shot at winning this game but its a refreshing change and a testament to Nick Foles that I'm still optimistic and think we have a chance, thanks BDN!

Users who are viewing this thread