Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Insein

Eagles vs Saints - Divisional Round - GG: GL Saints, Hope you Win it all!

Need to split Jeffrey out right and go after Apple early & often.

• Like 1

Thoughts on Josh Adams?  Staff just not trust him to hop onto the ball?  I kind of think a big dose of him would be a good thing.

Apple had been pretty solid in New Orleans so far. Seems NFC East fans don’t respect him even a little bit, though.

14 minutes ago, Doug B said:

Apple had been pretty solid in New Orleans so far. Seems NFC East fans don’t respect him even a little bit, though.

Nope. 

On 1/9/2019 at 12:39 PM, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Some Saints-Eagles History.

The Eagles lead the all time series 17-12, which is actually pretty decent for a Saints head to head (for the Saints I mean).

still scarred from that final drive

4 hours ago, Doug B said:

Terron Armstead practiced in full and was removed from the injury report :pickle:

EDIT: Actually, all the Saints’ offensive linemen got in in full practices today. I know they’re all playing with accumulated scrapes & bruises, but I’m glad they’ll all be available for Sunday.

Lol pretty much everyone I talked today told me this. Awesome news.

6 hours ago, unckeyherb said:

In preparation for this weekend's game in Nawlins, let's all take a minute to appreciate the hardest gaddamned hit I have ever seen live, courtesy of Sheldon Brown on the late Reggie Bush (pretty sure he died from this hit.)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=86lPitQ06lw

That was a great hit, the kind where the crowd exhaled in unison. Reggie came back to go 12/52/1 rushing & 3/22/0 receiving.

1 hour ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

That was a great hit, the kind where the crowd exhaled in unison. Reggie came back to go 12/52/1 rushing & 3/22/0 receiving.

I remember all too well.

Surprising storyline about tomorrow's game: 

Drew Brees went to Austin Westlake HS here in Texas where he set lots of school records. 10 years later another kid broke most of those QB records at the same High School. His name was Nick Foles. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

What’s the what’s the story with Jason Peters?

He's a Hall of Famer first Ballot. Usually gets hurt about 2-3 plays a game. Good for at least one offsides a game. Otherwise he will straight up dominate the left side of the line. Nick doesn't have to worry about his backside.

Edited by Insein
  • Like 1

Just now, Insein said:

His a Hall of Famer first Ballot. Usually gets hurt about 2-3 plays a game. Good for at least one offsides a game. Otherwise he will straight up dominate the left side of the line. Nick doesn't have to worry about his backside.

I was just curious if he’s playing, it sounds like he is.

6 minutes ago, ZenoRazon said:

Saints at home with rest, those poor Eagles.

Underdogs again. Notice a pattern?

Edited by JuniorNB

6 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I was just curious if he’s playing, it sounds like he is.

Oh yeah. He'll be there. Amazingly last week was his first playoff game ever. And obviously his first win in his 15 year career.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

Underdogs again. Notice a pattern?

♦ Since 2006, when Sean Payton and Drew Brees joined forces in New Orleans as coach and quarterback, the Saints are 5-0 in home postseason games. The Saints hold the NFC’s No. 1 seed and the road to the Super Bowl in the conference will run through the Superdome.

♦ Dating back to 2009, the Saints have won four of their last five against the Eagles, including a 2014 tilt in the wild-card round that was played in Philadelphia.

♦ New Orleans had a scoring margin of plus-151 in the regular season, most in the entire NFL. The Eagles tied for 12th with plus-19, the second lowest of all teams to make the postseason.

Edited by ZenoRazon

Does anyone know the playoff records of Payton and Brees at home, and also what are Pederson and Foles record post season? Can't find it anywhere. Asking for a friend....😂

Just now, G-King said:

Does anyone know the playoff records of Payton and Brees at home, and also what are Pederson and Foles record post season? Can't find it anywhere. Asking for a friend....😂

Payton-Brees are like 2-4 I think.  Pederson-Foles 17-0.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ZenoRazon said:

♦ Since 2006, when Sean Payton and Drew Brees joined forces in New Orleans as coach and quarterback, the Saints are 5-0 in home postseason games. The Saints hold the NFC’s No. 1 seed and the road to the Super Bowl in the conference will run through the Superdome.

♦ Dating back to 2009, the Saints have won four of their last five against the Eagles, including a 2014 tilt in the wild-card round that was played in Philadelphia.

♦ New Orleans had a scoring margin of plus-151 in the regular season, most in the entire NFL. The Eagles tied for 12th with plus-19, the second lowest of all teams to make the postseason.

Thanks Yogi.

• Laughing 1

22 minutes ago, ZenoRazon said:

Bet the house!

25 minutes ago, Insein said:

Can you do the last 5 games for each? The teams are obviously way different.  🤔

17 hours ago, Doug B said:

He sucks

More Man Coverage and better coverage in general has helped the Saints double their Pressure Rate from 21.2% (30th) to 46.0% (1st) since Week 7 despite the same four players leading the team in Pass Rushes.

Dropped to Pg 2? :tumbleweed:

Home teams acquitting themselves well so far in the divisional round.

Edited by Doug B
Typo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Doug B said:

Dropped to Pg 2? :tumbleweed:

Home teams acquitting themselves well so far in the divisional round.

Yea I'm not encouraged by this development. Like I said Eagles have to play perfect and hope the Saints are just good and not great to have a chance. Going to be a tough one for the defending champs.

My palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy. There's vomit on my sweater already, mom's spaghetti. I’m nervous, on the surface I don’t look calm or ready.

^Pretty much sums me up right now 

The Eagles best chance is the Oline getting the upper hand and scoring first. Foles has shown to play big in big games so this is all possible. 

9 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

My palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy. There's vomit on my sweater already, mom's spaghetti. I’m nervous, on the surface I don’t look calm or ready.

I'm calm man. Just like last week. If we win, cool. If not, I'm happy we made a go at defending our title instead of being done before we even got the chance.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Insein said:

I'm calm man. Just like last week. If we win, cool. If not, I'm happy we made a go at defending our title instead of being done before we even got the chance.

Yep. I'd love to win it and am expecting Foles to keep us in it. Just don't want a blowout unless we winning. 😁

Defense steps up big.  Dline gets pressure on Brees, keeps contain on Kamara and forces Brees to make some mistakes.  Think Maddox has a pivotal int and Foles steps up in big in this big situation.  Birds shock the world.  

31-28

24 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

14 minutes ago, Insein said:

yeah, just lose yourself in the music the moment

you own it, you better never let it go

you only get one shot do not miss your chance to blow

the opportunity comes once in a lifetime

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

20 minutes ago, unckeyherb said:

Defense steps up big.  Dline gets pressure on Brees, keeps contain on Kamara and forces Brees to make some mistakes.  Think Maddox has a pivotal int and Foles steps up in big in this big situation.  Birds shock the world.  

31-28

I’m with you man. I’m feeling positive! But the score gotta be lower. 27-23 Birds!

cynthia frelund has 29-23 Saints.  I guess I have a hard time not seeing the Saints getting a few big TDs against us.  Maybe Schwartz will be able to execute this bend but don't break scheme and prevent that.  Will be interesting to see how aggressive Doug gets.  super bowl redux?

1 hour ago, Insein said:

I get that way when the game starts. The build up kills me. 

40 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

yeah, just lose yourself in the music the moment

you own it, you better never let it go

you only get one shot do not miss your chance to blow

the opportunity comes once in a lifetime

This is great!!

Crank it.

This should be playing in the Louisiana Superdome today. I'm heading to the tailgate now. This should be the best meeting the best today, I am really looking forward to it. I have only met great Eagles fans and the team has fantastic tradition. 

My biggest concerns today: Tate and Sproles.

My biggest hopes today: the Saints run game is working to the max, Ingram and Kamara on the ground all day long behind a fully constituted O-Line.

Ok, break. 

:banned:

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Crank it.

This should be playing in the Louisiana Superdome today. I'm heading to the tailgate now. This should be the best meeting the best today, I am really looking forward to it. I have only met great Eagles fans and the team has fantastic tradition. 

My biggest hopes today: the Saints run game is working to the max, Ingram and Kamara on the ground all day long behind a fully constituted O-Line.

Ok, break. 

Have fun buddy. Hope to see a great game. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Crank it.

Ok, break. 

Can you ship me a Sazerac real quick?

@JimmyKempski: Saints are serving meatballs in the press box. The Eagles are 1-0 in 2019 playoff games when the opponent serves meatballs in the press box. (Bears had them last week too.)

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

Can there really be ALL bye teams in the conference championships?  Only happened once since 2005. (2016)

1 hour ago, JaxBill said:

@JimmyKempski: Saints are serving meatballs in the press box. The Eagles are 1-0 in 2019 playoff games when the opponent serves meatballs in the press box. (Bears had them last week too.)

Stuff like this may send ZenoRazon running to his bookie to change his bets!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Can there really be ALL bye teams in the conference championships?  Only happened once since 2005. (2016)

Sure -- every game is an independent event. Nothing that happened in the previous three divisional playoff games this weekend will have any affect on Eagles @ Saints.

• Like 1