What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mix Tape Draft for your Wake or End of Life - now underway (1 Viewer)

cosjobs

Footballguy
Link to spreadsheet of.picks.

Let's say 15 songs, no more than 75 minutes. If you want longer songs, you get fewer of them. 

If you do an assisted suicide at your end, this is the mix tape you want playing as you pass into whatever's past here. 

Alternately, it can be the mix tape you want played at your wake.

This is in no way a celebration or affirmation of death/suicide. THis is the last 75 minutes of music you'd like to hear or share with you friends as they remember you,

We'll allow duplicate picks, but they must be in a different round.

@cosjobs
@wikkidpissah

@Dr. Octopus

@Ilov80s

@El Floppo

@Leroy Hoard

@-fish-

@Getzlaf15

@franks&beans

@shuke

@rockaction

@Tecumseh

@mr roboto

@Mister CIA

We have 14 here and probably a couple are not really going to do it.

I figure we could have a large number, even 20 or so.

This draft will reflect your life, so I want to make sure everyone has opportunity to pick (and why duplicates are allowed in different rounds.)

I need some time to think on this  and would like to start next week so I have a little time to start honing in.

I think what we will do is start every morning at 8 eastern with a 15 minute clock, then free for all the rest of the day. It should never matter much if you get skipped, I just want kind of a flow for everything to keep it interesting.

I will permit you to re-order your songs at any time in the draft.

This is all about you and ho

Last edited by a moderator:
lol.... when you posted the stones in your other thread, I actually got a wave of anxiety as I tried to figure out what song I'd go out on... wouldn't want to #### up my choice, but so hard to know the exact last song I'd want to hear would be. 

THAT'S A LOT OF PRESSURE OK

@cosjobs two threads about your own death in a matter of days.  Please assure me everything is ok.
Thanks for concerns. Been dealing with the imminent death of my parents for years now and it is wearing me down and making thinking a lot about my own end. 

That thread made me think of the concept for this one. I always said I'd go out listening to the Stones, but Mrs. Ranneous mentioned Warren Zevon and that made me think I really needed a mix tape. And here we are. I have no intention of leaving for another 22 years .

Huh. I guess I didn't actually post it. Let me look on my laptop And see  if it's there

corrected.

and reported.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's say 10 songs, no more than 45 minutes. If you want longer songs, you get fewer of them. 

If you do an assisted suicide at your end, this is the mix tape you want playing as you pass into whatever's past here. 

Alternately, it can be the mix tape you want played at your wake.

This is in no way a celebration or affirmation of death/suicide. THis is the last 45 minutes of music you'd like to hear or share with you friends as they remember you,

We'll allow duplicate picks, but they must be in a different round.

The order you pick your songs will be their order in your mix tape.

in so far

@cosjobs
@wikkidpissah

@Dr. Octopus

@Ilov80s

@El Floppo

@Leroy Hoard

@-fish-

@Getzlaf15

@franks&beans

@shuke

@rockaction

@Tecumseh

@mr roboto

@Mister CIA

We have 14 here and probably a couple are not really going to do it.

I figure we could have a large number, even 20 or so.

This draft will reflect your life, so I want to make sure everyone has opportunity to pick (and why duplicates are allowed in different rounds.)

I need some time to think on this  and would like to start next week so I have a little time to start honing in.

I think what we will do is start every morning at 8 eastern with a 15 minute clock, then free for all the rest of the day. It should never matter much if you get skipped, I just want kind of a flow for everything to keep it interesting.

I will permit you to re-order your songs at any time in the draft.

This is all about you and ho
I didn't say I was in.  I'd consider it, but it may give away too much of the other project I'm working on.

I would be interested but I might have to skip here and there given my schedule.

It's a great topic to talk about in a forum like this.

I would be interested but I might have to skip here and there given my schedule.

It's a great topic to talk about in a forum like this.
very relaxed pace. you could handle it. One round every morning, with afternoon FCFS (but not a big deal with dupes allowed).

Weekends dedicated to makeup picks and commentary.

Updated first post.

I want a little time to think on strategy, so start next week. Read post one and tell me your thoughts
Cool- I think the more casual the draft pace, the more participant. I agree with the idea of a round a day approximately. 

being able to re-order songs is a big plus.  I've put a lot of thought into this so far and have 2 songs.  i was starting to think I wouldn't have time for this.

spent several hours down this rabbit hole last night.   put together a preliminary attempt at a playlist that I'm pretty happy with, but limiting it to 10 songs and trying to have multiple types of music makes it very difficult to establish a flow.   I think 15 songs/1 hour would give you a better ability to keep a playlist from having harsh changes in moods/genres.

Working on my list. Anyone else think we should got to 15-20 round?

spent several hours down this rabbit hole last night.   put together a preliminary attempt at a playlist that I'm pretty happy with, but limiting it to 10 songs and trying to have multiple types of music makes it very difficult to establish a flow.   I think 15 songs/1 hour would give you a better ability to keep a playlist from having harsh changes in moods/genres.

On second thought, I'm not in here. I was putting a list together last night and it got a little too depressing for me. Dont need that right now.

All right, break time's over and it time to get this thing fired up. I'll try to get@'s posted for everyone and ask have our first pick by tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread