What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Baker+Landry for 1.01? (1 Viewer)

snoochieboochies

Footballguy
Contract dynasty league. 0.25ppr 

Thoughts on Baker Mayfield + Jarivs Landry for the 1.01?

This seems like a good deal given my roster, as i can either add a top wr/rb prospect or use it as a bargaining chip closer to draft day.

Rivers, Big Ben, Luck(very high salary due to contract extension) 

Chubb, Drake, Justin Jackson, Aaron Jones, CMC, Ware, Ajayi

Keenan Allen, Cooper, Coutee, Hilton, Landry, Juju, White

Ertz, Kittle

Taxi - Chad Kelly, Mayfield, Rosen, Foreman, Penny, Jamaal williams, lasley, chad williams  

size of league?  how are your contracts as it affects your players?  What are your signing rules?  

As the offer stands without knowing, I would pass.  I see more value in your two players.  

I would be shocked if the guy with the 1.01 would part with that pick for those players especially this early in the offseason.  I am also not sure if I would do that deal if I were you.  I am assuming it is a one QB league and if so you do have too many QB's so I would rather keep Mayfield who could be productive for the next 10 years and see what I can get for two of the other three guys. 

You also didn't mention anything about contract situations of all the players involved.  That has a huge impact on their value moving forward. 

jwsbowler said:
size of league?  how are your contracts as it affects your players?  What are your signing rules?  

As the offer stands without knowing, I would pass.  I see more value in your two players.  

I would be shocked if the guy with the 1.01 would part with that pick for those players especially this early in the offseason.  I am also not sure if I would do that deal if I were you.  I am assuming it is a one QB league and if so you do have too many QB's so I would rather keep Mayfield who could be productive for the next 10 years and see what I can get for two of the other three guys. 

You also didn't mention anything about contract situations of all the players involved.  That has a huge impact on their value moving forward. 
This is a 10 team, 28 active roster, 8 IR, 10 taxi. Contracts increase each year by 20%, with the salary cap increasing by 10%. Start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 2flex (w/r/t), kicker, defense

Rivers and Big Ben are affordable at $24 and $20 respectively. Luck will be expensive at $156, may even be the most expensive. Luck is a cut candidate. Rosen is $15 and Mayfield $10. Both rookies are on 3 year contracts, so no extension until 2021, and even then mayfield will only cost $20. Taxi squad players can be cut without salary cap penalty, so if either bust, not harm done to the roster. Taxi squad players also cost 1/4 of their listed salary. 

The other team is rebuilding, sees mayfield as a foundation qb so they can spend money and picks in other places. He is also short on WRs and Landry will cost $73. For comparison Keenan will cost high 170s, hilton 100, tyreek hill went for 300+ in the free agent auction. A tradeable player has a lot of appeal in the offseason as the free agent auction is a bloodbath compared to the prices in the rookie draft. Rookies are cheap, free agents in this league get outrageous with kickers and defenses costing 100+. 

The 1.01 salary is $45. So either taking a rookie or trading the 1.01 for players or picks, i should not have an issue with salary cap. My cap space is in good shape right now, so i dont see salary as a huge factor in this trade. 

I am totally confused.

What is your max cap?  How many players do you plan on cutting in the offseason? 

What I am trying to understand is Landry at $73....is that a good price?

Personally, I don't think that there is a can't miss prospect like Barkley in last year's draft.  And I really like Mayfield at his salary.

So without knowing all the details about your league, I would probably pass as well.

I am totally confused.

What is your max cap?  How many players do you plan on cutting in the offseason? 

What I am trying to understand is Landry at $73....is that a good price?

Personally, I don't think that there is a can't miss prospect like Barkley in last year's draft.  And I really like Mayfield at his salary.

So without knowing all the details about your league, I would probably pass as well.
Max cap is $1770. Increases each year by 10%, so 2020 will be 1950. Players salary increases each year by 20%. 

Without cutting luck i will have 6 open roster spots. I would cut Luck to make room for a special free agent target who would cost a chunk of change. 

Landry at 73 is pretty good. For comparison, Adams 208, Hill 325, Hopkins 150, Julio 150. For landrys price he gives good ROI in this league. 

Interesting that all 3 of yall are on the pass side. I will see if the other side wants to increase the offer.

People are really missing the boat on this one imo. The value of the 1.01 is going to rise a lot over the next few months. Someone is going to have a good combine or get a good landing spot or (like Corey Davis) just get talked up so much all offseason that his value rises exponentially.

By the time May rolls around Landry will be going mid 4th in startup drafts and the top rookie will be going mid/late 2nd and we'll wonder how this was ever even a discussion. 

Baker at his contract is nice but ultimately in a one QB league his value is marginal. He doesn't run so even near his ceiling you can find similar production all over the place. Heck you have 3 of those guys on your team already. 

People are really missing the boat on this one imo. The value of the 1.01 is going to rise a lot over the next few months. Someone is going to have a good combine or get a good landing spot or (like Corey Davis) just get talked up so much all offseason that his value rises exponentially.

By the time May rolls around Landry will be going mid 4th in startup drafts and the top rookie will be going mid/late 2nd and we'll wonder how this was ever even a discussion. 

Baker at his contract is nice but ultimately in a one QB league his value is marginal. He doesn't run so even near his ceiling you can find similar production all over the place. Heck you have 3 of those guys on your team already. 
Except with his QB's two are near the ends of their careers and one is very high priced. I'd much rather carry Baker as a safe floor that is cheap, drop Luck and pick up a streamer during the draft. Plus Landry is always looked down upon in the real world but in fantasy he continues to be a star player.

Except with his QB's two are near the ends of their careers and one is very high priced. I'd much rather carry Baker as a safe floor that is cheap, drop Luck and pick up a streamer during the draft. Plus Landry is always looked down upon in the real world but in fantasy he continues to be a star player.
A "star player" that was WR27 in ppg this year.

Getting a WR2/3 and planning for a ceiling capped QB 3 years from now are two nice to have, but not nearly crucial pieces next to a potential difference maker at 1.01.

Again, by draft time when the 1.01 really picks up its annual steam in value, I don't think this will be considered even remotely close anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread