What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LA vs LA (1 Viewer)

ZenoRazon

Footballguy
We've never seen a one city Superbowl.

How cool would it be if somehow, someway, we got that in 2019?

Yes I know, no way in hell that's going to happen, but not impossible.

We've never seen a one city Superbowl.

How cool would it be if somehow, someway, we got that in 2019?

Yes I know, no way in hell that's going to happen, but not impossible.
I wouldn't say that. You can make an argument that each LA team is the second best team in the Conference. Obviously it's unlikely based on sheer odds but there is surely a chance.

And we've never seen a one city Super Bowl because it would have had to have been Jets v. Giants (or perhaps the Raiders and Rams overlapped for a bit - can't remember).

do we really consider the Rams (i am not as sure about the Chargers) LA teams? the few games i have seen from them the opposing team has more fans in the stands then they do. 

I wouldn't say that. You can make an argument that each LA team is the second best team in the Conference. Obviously it's unlikely based on sheer odds but there is surely a chance.

And we've never seen a one city Super Bowl because it would have had to have been Jets v. Giants (or perhaps the Raiders and Rams overlapped for a bit - can't remember).

So not as far fetched as I said, cool.

Raiders vs Niners would have been the game back in the day, Battle of The Bay.

Steelers vs Eagles, hmmmm?

So not as far fetched as I said, cool.

Raiders vs Niners would have been the game back in the day, Battle of The Bay.

Steelers vs Eagles, hmmmm?
Well sure, but while Oakland and San Fran are only a bridge apart they are not one city,

Philadelphia and Pittsburgh are a long way from each other. They would qualify for "one State" Super Bowl as would Cowboys v. Texans; Miami/Jax v. Tampa Bay; Buffalo v. Giants (although Giants don't really play in NY State) and some combination of the aforementioned California teams.

Well sure, but while Oakland and San Fran are only a bridge apart they are not one city,

Philadelphia and Pittsburgh are a long way from each other. They would qualify for "one State" Super Bowl as would Cowboys v. Texans; Miami/Jax v. Tampa Bay; Buffalo v. Giants (although Giants don't really play in NY State) and some combination of the aforementioned California teams.

Come on my man,  it isn't real obvious I  got off the city thing?  Oakland is not San Francisco...really?

We did have Niners vs Chargers for Cali.

So many great players, on these Cali teams over the years.

Hall of Famers.....????

The Niners with what 22ish, Raiders? Rams? Chargers?

do we really consider the Rams (i am not as sure about the Chargers) LA teams? the few games i have seen from them the opposing team has more fans in the stands then they do. 
Where do other teams come to when with Rams/Chargers on the schedule. yep....LA.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about these back in the day teams....

Columbus Panhandles

Evanson Crimson Giants

Tonawanda Kardex......what?

Oorang Indians

Kansas City Cowboys 1925

Brooklyn Dodgers

Staten Island Stapeltons

You forgot to mention Giants vs. Jets, which would be a same state (NJ) and even same home stadium (as would the LAC vs LAR once that monstrosity is built).

You forgot to mention Giants vs. Jets, which would be a same state (NJ) and even same home stadium (as would the LAC vs LAR once that monstrosity is built).
I mentioned that matchup in previous post about "one city" so figured I'd leave it out the second time.

A little tidbit.

When Robert Woods was in HS he was the nations number one 400m sprinter.  Knowing football was his $$$$$$ he didn't compete while at USC.

So many great players, on these Cali teams over the years.

Hall of Famers.....????

The Niners with what 22ish, Raiders? Rams? Chargers?
you made me look it up...

https://www.profootballhof.com/heroes-of-the-game/franchises/

Rams = 30 (including STL and LA, of course)

Niners = 27

Raiders = 26 (including OAK and LA, of course)

Chargers = 14

At a quick glance, each list has some players listed that wouldn't really be associated with one of these teams, like OJ Simpson/Chris Doleman/Kevin Greene/Randy Moss/Dent/ Rod Woodson for the 9ers, Jerry Rice/Moss/Lott/Rod Woodson for the Raiders, and so on.

LAC/LAR Super Bowl would be interesting since they're both such good teams this year, regardless of the fact that they play in the Raiders' home town of LA ;)

I made this exact prediction in the playoff prediction thread and followed it up with my team for the playoff competition. You’re 2 weeks too late. I’m 3-1 on playoff prediction so far. Missed on Bears. 

you made me look it up...

https://www.profootballhof.com/heroes-of-the-game/franchises/

Rams = 30 (including STL and LA, of course)

Niners = 27

Raiders = 26 (including OAK and LA, of course)

Chargers = 14

At a quick glance, each list has some players listed that wouldn't really be associated with one of these teams, like OJ Simpson/Chris Doleman/Kevin Greene/Randy Moss/Dent/ Rod Woodson for the 9ers, Jerry Rice/Moss/Lott/Rod Woodson for the Raiders, and so on.

LAC/LAR Super Bowl would be interesting since they're both such good teams this year, regardless of the fact that they play in the Raiders' home town of LA ;)
You beat me to it, so thanks.

One of my trivia questions is what team had four HOF WR's.  People forget Bob Hayes was a Niner.

Surprised the Rams having more than my Niners.

QB's that have played on Cali team.

Tom Brady  Serra HS

Aaron Rodgers, Jerad Goff, Steve Bartkowski  Cal

John Elway,  Andrew Luck, Jim Plunkett, John Brodie  Stanford

Jeff Garcia  San Jose St

Brian Sipe...San Diego St

Troy Aikman UCLA

Carson Palmer  USC

NFL

Niners...Frankie Albert, Joe Montana, Y.A. Tittle, Steve Young, Colin Kaepernick

Rams....Norm Van Brocklin, Bob Waterfield, Roman Gabriel

Raiders...George Blanda, Darly Lamonica, Ken Stabler, Rich Gannon

Chargers....Tobin Rote, John Hadl, Dan Fouts, Philip Rivers

11 maybe 12 HOFer up there.

matuski said:
I'm just throwing out new thread titels here before zeno can take them.
Well then, how about....

What did happen to Blind Blake?

What if Houston McTear could have played at Florida?

Where would Jimi, Janis and Jim be today?

What a bummer  Robert Johnson never played an electric guitar.

What if Kaepernick had never taken a knee?

What did happen to Preston Griffin, Carter Suggs and James Jackson?

Imagine if Big Ben Stevenson had played in the NFL?

Why so many Blind blues singers?

Up your game amigo.

Well then, how about....

What did happen to Blind Blake?

What if Houston McTear could have played at Florida?

Where would Jimi, Janis and Jim be today?

What a bummer  Robert Johnson never played an electric guitar.

What if Kaepernick had never taken a knee?

What did happen to Preston Griffin, Carter Suggs and James Jackson?

Imagine if Big Ben Stevenson had played in the NFL?

Why so many Blind blues singers?

Up your game amigo.
These are all better than your last few attempts, compadre.

WHAT IF THE YANKEES PLAYED THE REDSOX?

This one is a keeper.... I predict dozens of pages of responses.

I heard a player on the Rams AND a player from the Chargers tied their left shoe before their right shoe.

eta - both teams are from LA, what a coinkidink?

No man, I'm here for you.

I'm just trying to squeeze out a few brilliant new thread topics before you grab them all.
Should I just follow others around like you do?

You do nothing but complain guy.

What if Jared Goff plays Jack Reacher the bad Mom who hangs out in liquor stores talking about the Middle East?!%!%!

And then they could run into Phillip Rivers as The Rock and wrestle in Hollywod!
Then Jared Goff the bad Mom that loves the Middle East and liquor stores and Phillip Rivers as the Rock can team up against John Wayne and other old westerns stars.

Then Jared Goff the bad Mom that loves the Middle East and liquor stores and Phillip Rivers as the Rock can team up against John Wayne and other old westerns stars.
But then it is all ruined when one of them gets kicked out the game because they had a crappy nickname,  like Megatron.

OK back to the very interesting and never conceived of (except for by everyone) - WHAT IF LA PLAYED LA.

*suspenseful music**

Users who are viewing this thread