What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which of the 3 non Saints/Eagles games are you most confident in? (1 Viewer)

Which of the 3 closest spread games are you most confident in? (straight up)

• Chiefs over Colts

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Colts over Chiefs

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Pats over Chargers

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • Chargers over Pats

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Rams over Cowboys

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • Cowboys over Rams

Votes: 6 8.5%

• Total voters

Deamon

Footballguy
Once again, need some help on my pick.  Somehow survived my survivor pick of Philly last week and am one of the final 15 standing (almost all the league picked the Bears last week)

Which team is the safest bet to win this week? (I want to save the Saints for a future round).

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite possibly.  And KC prob puts up 40.

So you think Indy over KC is safer to choose than one of the other two games?
Most the serious players have Pats (and Saints) as the having the best shot at moving on.

Knocked over a drink, sorry,

The weather will be Pats weather not LA.
Might have had too many of those... not sure you understood the post.

Wondering which of those three games, you are most confident in the result of.  If you had to pick one surefire team to win this weekend (Not including the Saints), who would it be?

EDT:  I think I got your and Ben and Jerrys posts mixed up now haha.  My bad. 

But yes, I think your Pats suggestion is a good one.

Might have had too many of those... not sure you understood the post.

Wondering which of those three games, you are most confident in the result of.  If you had to pick one surefire team to win this weekend (Not including the Saints), who would it be?
Too many cokes?

This...

And a whole gang of trends/stats favoring the Pats in this "spot".

....didn't answer the question?  The Pats the only team I mentioned.

When you ask for others advice, ya might wanna be a little nicer, ok?

The Pats at home in the cold vs a Cali team on the road again, here ya go.....PATS best play.

Too many cokes?

This...

And a whole gang of trends/stats favoring the Pats in this "spot".

....didn't answer the question?  The Pats the only team I mentioned.

When you ask for others advice, ya might wanna be a little nicer, ok?

The Pats at home in the cold vs a Cali team on the road again, here ya go.....PATS best play.
haha sorry... was joking, wasn't meaning it in a rude way.  But ya, I thought you were the one who mentioned Indy for some reason and was surprised by that.  But I mixed up the two posts, my bad. 

I like the Rams just a little more then the Patriots.

Also main  reason I feel so strong on NE is I  thought the Chargers blew it not staying on the east coast all week which would have allowed them to not have to make back to back cross country trips as well as  practice in the the kind of weather they'll be playing. Chargers entered playoffs as the team with the most injuries, now after playing a physical Baltimore team and making back to back east coast trips they will also be the most worn out team in the playoffs.

Not sure why the word "spread" is in the titles then ...
Because I'm asking which of the three games with the lowest spread (not the saints game) are people most sure on.  If I asked which of the teams this weekend was the safest bet to win, everyone would just mention the Saints and I want to save them for another round.

EDT:  Fixed it to clear it up a bit

I like the Rams just a little more then the Patriots.

Also main  reason I feel so strong on NE is I  thought the Chargers blew it not staying on the east coast all week which would have allowed them to not have to make back to back cross country trips as well as  practice in the the kind of weather they'll be playing. Chargers entered playoffs as the team with the most injuries, now after playing a physical Baltimore team and making back to back east coast trips they will also be the most worn out team in the playoffs.
It really isn’t that tiresome to fly across country on a charter plane. I think this narrative gets overplayed. If they lose, I don’t think it will be because of the travel. 

I think the Chargers will win on Sunday. 

It really isn’t that tiresome to fly across country on a charter plane. I think this narrative gets overplayed. If they lose, I don’t think it will be because of the travel.
I might agree if was just one week but and it was a nice warm weather day.  But I don't think in this case it's all  overplayed when it's back to back weeks after a long season and the fatigue was one of two reasons they should have remained on the east coast, adjusting to weather being the other. I think they lose and fatigue and weather will be determining factors.

At this point in a survivor pool, don’t you want to pick the most "sure thing" and go with the Saints?

save your "risk" for next week perhaps.

I’ve never made it this far in a Survivor Pool, though, so I’m not saying I’m an expert. :)  

At this point in a survivor pool, don’t you want to pick the most "sure thing" and go with the Saints?

save your "risk" for next week perhaps.

I’ve never made it this far in a Survivor Pool, though, so I’m not saying I’m an expert. :)  

Saints at home are the obvious for that kind of pool. But I see where you are going, that would eliminate a bunch.
There's 15 of us left.  In this pool, every year the winner has been someone who has picked the right team in round 4.  I agree to not save teams in reg season where it's so long, but if I pick the Saints this week, I 100% lose if they win the SB.  You have to pick your SB winning team and save them until the end to win in this format.

Is there another SB team you'd be more confident in?  I'm fine with taking the Saints this week, but that means I have to pick the winner of the Rams/Cowboys game to either win the SB, or make the SB and pick the right team to beat them.  If I pick the Saints this week, I'm eliminated if they win the SB.

The Colts could beat the Chiefs (best ATS side)

The Cowboys could beat the Rams, Goff hasn;t been the same lately.

The Pats at home in the weather, yep....best play.

The Saints the best play but you are saving them.

Dallas over the Rams.  Goff hasn't played well lately and it is uncertain how healthy Gurley is.  Plus, the Rams D is not very good, and Zeke should run all night over them.  It'll be close, but I think Dallas pulls it out 23-20. 

The other two are tough calls. KC is at home, but the Colts are white hot, plus the weather will be a factor.  The Chargers are better than the Patriots, but NE is at home and coming off a bye, so it might be tough for LA to go in there and pull it off. 

Deamon said:
There's 15 of us left.  In this pool, every year the winner has been someone who has picked the right team in round 4.  I agree to not save teams in reg season where it's so long, but if I pick the Saints this week, I 100% lose if they win the SB.  You have to pick your SB winning team and save them until the end to win in this format.

Is there another SB team you'd be more confident in?  I'm fine with taking the Saints this week, but that means I have to pick the winner of the Rams/Cowboys game to either win the SB, or make the SB and pick the right team to beat them.  If I pick the Saints this week, I'm eliminated if they win the SB.

Ah. Totally get it now. :)  

Ok then...Patriots. 

Well your Seattle pick last week didn't turn out so well!  Cowboys are better than you think.
If the Cowboys can do what they did last week and keep the game out of Dak's hands.. they are a superbowl contender.

The Lions kind of gave the league a template to slowdown the Rams... and the Cowboys run game plays well to that.

Colts over Chiefs .... ..

Weather is nasty out here in LA ... gonna be a muddy game  
Overstated.  It’s far from nasty. It just rained a bit over night and only expected to lightly rain tonight.  Only a Californian (which I am btw) would call this weather nasty.  Rest of the country would call this a light rain. 

I went Chiefs.   I'd be shocked to see them lose to the Colts.  While I expect both the Pats and the Rams to win their respective games--I wouldn't be as shocked to see them lose.  With that said--I have horrid luck and I probably jinx'd each and every team that I just mentioned.  

Ended up going with the Rams.  Still alive another week!  Next week I'm pretty much forced to pick one of the 2 afc teams to advance.  Thinking I go chiefs.

Ended up going with the Rams.  Still alive another week!  Next week I'm pretty much forced to pick one of the 2 afc teams to advance.  Thinking I go chiefs.
Rams were my second choice since I advised to take the Chiefs in what seemed like a no-brainer against the Colts.   Your choice next week is the Chiefs.  It's another lock.  

Rams were my second choice since I advised to take the Chiefs in what seemed like a no-brainer against the Colts.   Your choice next week is the Chiefs.  It's another lock.  
Yep I wanted to have 2 teams alive.  If I picked the Pats today, I could have taken the Chiefs/Indy winner next week, but I thought Indy had a shot to win that game and wouldn't like them against NE.

Agree though, I'm going to pick the Chiefs next week regardless.  Have to.  If Philly somehow wins, I'll have no NFC teams left to use.  If Saints win, I want to save them for the SB.  Chiefs then Saints are my only path to winning this thing now.

Way easier than I expected it to be.

The Pats in a playoff situation a whole other breed of cat.

Deamon said:
Yep I wanted to have 2 teams alive.  If I picked the Pats today, I could have taken the Chiefs/Indy winner next week, but I thought Indy had a shot to win that game and wouldn't like them against NE.

Agree though, I'm going to pick the Chiefs next week regardless.  Have to.  If Philly somehow wins, I'll have no NFC teams left to use.  If Saints win, I want to save them for the SB.  Chiefs then Saints are my only path to winning this thing now.
Changed mind on this.  Going to pick the Saints this week.  Then winner of Pats/KC in Sb.

Users who are viewing this thread