What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

In this thread I rank my favorite Beatles songs: 204-1. (3 Viewers)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Composite Top 10 and the Top 10 Contest will be featured Sunday morning by me on Breakfast With the Beatles.   Don't forget to set your clocks forward an hour tonight!

Top 10 Contest
3 points for each perfect guess on the right slot.
2 points for each guess within one slot, either way.
1 point for each guess that landed in Top 10, but not above.

Any tie for first will be broken by the contestant with the MOST THREE POINT ANSWERS.

What a really rotten #13, #12 & #11! 

I had all 3 on my 10.

So F'n close! 

Makes me 6/10...I think.. 

My only hope is to nail some bonus points, otherwise, I'm loosin' to Binky for sure. 

Thnx much Getz, you rock! 🤘

All my ❤️s. 

Fav line:

"Let it be? Let what be? What is it?!" 

🤔

Not a bad question, actually. 
nailed it, I forgot to mention that one, it may be the best comment  :lmao:
"They just keep repeating the same line over and over and over and over and over again."

Kid, wait until you hear "Hey, Jude"  :mellow:
on the other hand, simple lyrics means kids in diapers are doing killer covers

Sooooo... 

... I'm 7/10? 

🤔

Hey Binky... 

OH LOOK OUT 
The judges have a ruling.

Binky will get the two points because he listed Hey Jude IN his Top 10 AND it's within one slot.

Contest Standings 

Binky The Doormat-2

Shaft41-0

Uruk-Hai-0

Man Of CS-0

Heckmann-0

Tom Hagen-0

Simey-0

Wikkidpissah-0

Falguy-0

Dr Octupus-0

Arbitrary and Final

Composite Ranking #18 - Paperback Writer
Highest Ranked by: #3 by @Rustoleum  #6 by @grateful zed  #6 by @heckmanm  #9 by three others
#Of Lists: 14
Total Points: 178
Top10: 6
#1: 0
#2: 0
Krista Rank -66

I nailed this one!!  Had it at #18

Paul live at Citi Field 2010

Live at Candlestick Park

Yeeeeesh.  No, guys.  Just no.

I can understand Penny Lame or other songs I don't enjoy so much being high on the list, but you're objectively wrong here.  Name any element of this song you love, and I'll give you at least five songs you rated lower that are better than this at that element.

Great bass line?  I offer you Hey Bulldog and Taxman.  (others upon request)

Like that guitar bit?  Might I introduce you to I Feel Fine, Daytripper, or even Get Back.

You're a fan of nonsensical lyrics?  I present you with Drive My Car.

Yeeeeeeeesh.  I assume this is the song that everyone who said they'd like to do their top 25 again would like to remove, except maybe two guys who only know 25 Beatles songs.

Be better.

Composite Ranking #17 - Blackbird
Highest Ranked by: #4 by @ScottNorwood  #7 by @Spock  #9 by @wikkidpissah
#Of Lists: 19
Total Points: 178
Top10: 3
#1: 0
#2: 0
Krista Rank -39

*** New Tier Level ***
All the prior songs were on 14 or less lists.  The rest of the songs were on 18+ lists except one at 16 and one at 17.

First song to be on at least 50% of the lists.

Only three of 19 ranked it in Top 10.

12 FBG ranked it from #16 to #23.

Paul live in 2004
Great song, but a travesty to have it so much higher than Mother Nature's Son.

I mentioned my grandmother passing last Sunday, and her funeral was today in Morganton, NC, which is in the foothills. She was buried beside my grandfather. Mom wanted a graveside service since Maw Maw outlived all her friends, but her beautician was there. Anyways, other than the drizzly weather, it was nice. In The Garden and Amazing Grace was sang by some old ladies from her church. Some were a little off tune, but that made me chuckle inside, and lightened my heart. My sister was sitting beside me, and I couldn't look over at her, or we would start laughing. I still appreciated them singing, and loved the songs. I wrote a poem for my grandmother and the Reverend said it for me. There was no way I would get through it saying it myself. I think she was smiling upon us. We all came back to Greensboro, and made a toast to her, and celebrated her life. Cheers to Maw Maw  :banned:

I mentioned my grandmother passing last Sunday, and her funeral was today in Morganton, NC, which is in the foothills. She was buried beside my grandfather. Mom wanted a graveside service since Maw Maw outlived all her friends, but her beautician was there. Anyways, other than the drizzly weather, it was nice. In The Garden and Amazing Grace was sang by some old ladies from her church. Some were a little off tune, but that made me chuckle inside, and lightened my heart. My sister was sitting beside me, and I couldn't look over at her, or we would start laughing. I still appreciated them singing, and loved the songs. I wrote a poem for my grandmother and the Reverend said it for me. There was no way I would get through it saying it myself. I think she was smiling upon us. We all came back to Greensboro, and made a toast to her, and celebrated her life. Cheers to Maw Maw  :banned:
Awww, I've been thinking of you and wondering how it was all going.  What a lovely tribute.   :heart:  

I can understand Penny Lame or other songs I don't enjoy so much being high on the list, but you're objectively wrong here.  Name any element of this song you love, and I'll give you at least five songs you rated lower that are better than this at that element.

Like that guitar bit?  Might I introduce you to I Feel Fine, Daytripper, or even Get Back.

Yeeeeeeeesh.  I assume this is the song that everyone who said they'd like to do their top 25 again would like to remove, except maybe two guys who only know 25 Beatles songs.

Be better.
It has a good beat and you can dance to it.

Honest question, what does everyone think about the name "The Beatles"? I kind of think it's bad. 
Yeah, I think now it would be bad, but in the context of The Crickets and trying to do a double meaning I get it.  It’s so ingrained at this point that it’s hard to separate it.  Any ideas for a better name at the time?  I don’t much like “The Quarrymen “ either.

Hey Getz, I’m gonna be out most of tomorrow so will miss some top 10 countdown :(  but I’m wondering, of the 35(?) people who submitted lists, how many still have their #1 to be ranked?  Just a numbers-y thing I’m curious about.

Yeah, I think now it would be bad, but in the context of The Crickets and trying to do a double meaning I get it.  It’s so ingrained at this point that it’s hard to separate it.  Any ideas for a better name at the time?  I don’t much like “The Quarrymen “ either.
Quarrymen is terrible. 

It;s so ingrained that it can not be judged outside of it's context. It's like trying to pretend Norma Jean never went by Marilyn Monroe or Calvin Broadus wasn't Snoop Dog(gy Dog). 

Hey Getz, I’m gonna be out most of tomorrow so will miss some top 10 countdown :(  but I’m wondering, of the 35(?) people who submitted lists, how many still have their #1 to be ranked?  Just a numbers-y thing I’m curious about.
23 of the 35.

and the Top 5 are 22 of those.

I'm back in tonight earlier than I thought I'd be.   I could do it now. Let me know

The Composite Top 10 and the Top 10 Contest will be featured Sunday morning by me on Breakfast With the Beatles.   Don't forget to set your clocks forward an hour tonight!

Top 10 Contest
3 points for each perfect guess on the right slot.
2 points for each guess within one slot, either way.
1 point for each guess that landed in Top 10, but not above.

Any tie for first will be broken by the contestant with the MOST THREE POINT ANSWERS.
how about including how close the non-top 10 selections were to the top 10?  

The only thing I can think of right now would maybe be "The Liverpool Lads", but that is probably too territorial. 

Be better.
Hmmm...

Not bad; not bad. 

The mean is improving 👍

I would not complain. 

Binky's son is fighting tonight in a tuff man, but he will probably be back, like last night. 
Well ...he lost in the finals tonight.  The guy that beat him was Golden Gloves champ last year.  He put up a valiant fight, and made a helluva comeback in the 3rd rd, which he clearly dominated.  Very proud of him.  

Users who are viewing this thread