What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

In this thread I rank my favorite Beatles songs: 204-1. (15 Viewers)

Vedder was dropping F-bombs like it was his job when I was listening on Friday.  I'm sure glad he didn't select the songs with his feet.  

Right now - - - > Drive'n my jalopy - '85ish radio pullin FM from the sky -

DJ say: Come Together comin up! 

I says: WOO HOO! 

Radio say: <ha ha - - Aero-FU-smith!>

I says: FML

First song I heard on the Beatles channel today was "No Reply," which made me think of @rockaction since it was his #1.  It's funny how many songs I associate with people in this thread now.  I associate all 72 of @Binky The Doormat's top 25 with him, of course.

It also occurred to me that IIRC @Shaft41's daughter is performing Your Song at the end of this month.  Might it be this weekend?  Please feel free to email a video to me, and I'll post it again!

In other Beatles/me news, I saw that Paul McCartney is playing in Vancouver in July and thought I'd get tix.  My mom has become a Beatles fan due to me, though Ringo is her favorite (yay, Mom!), and my stepfather is a huge Beatles fan but hasn't seen any of them play since going to an actual Beatles concert in the 60s.  Figured it would be cool to take them to the show.  Then I looked at pricing - sheesh!  Like $300+ each to get seats I'd want.  I've only seen him once when someone gave me tix back when I was kind of a big deal and got everything for free.  I miss getting stuff for free.   :(  

First song I heard on the Beatles channel today was "No Reply," which made me think of @rockaction since it was his #1.
The biggest upset ever? I'm happy you reached out. Wasn't No Reply in the mid-hundreds for you? 

Anyway, thanks for the shout-out, Going through a confused Dylan phase right now. Not knowing how his songs interact with modernity. Probably just um, blowing in the wind.  

In other Beatles/me news, I saw that Paul McCartney is playing in Vancouver in July and thought I'd get tix.  My mom has become a Beatles fan due to me, though Ringo is her favorite (yay, Mom!), and my stepfather is a huge Beatles fan but hasn't seen any of them play since going to an actual Beatles concert in the 60s.  Figured it would be cool to take them to the show.  Then I looked at pricing - sheesh!  Like $300+ each to get seats I'd want.  I've only seen him once when someone gave me tix back when I was kind of a big deal and got everything for free.  I miss getting stuff for free.   :(  
And I hope this works out, of course. I can understand your lament but you're a big deal around here? Will upspeak suffice? :)

The biggest upset ever? I'm happy you reached out. Wasn't No Reply in the mid-hundreds for you? 

Anyway, thanks for the shout-out, Going through a confused Dylan phase right now. Not knowing how his songs interact with modernity. Probably just um, blowing in the wind.  
#107.  Almost smack-dab in the middle.  It's a great song.  I think the biggest upset was your leaving "She Loves You" off your list.   :lol:   

I wasn't sure if "confused Dylan phase" meant you were confused, or you're delving deeply into a time when Dylan was confused.  I guess the former, but the latter sounds intriguing.

#107.  Almost smack-dab in the middle.  It's a great song.  I think the biggest upset was your leaving "She Loves You" off your list.   :lol:   

I wasn't sure if "confused Dylan phase" meant you were confused, or you're delving deeply into a time when Dylan was confused.  I guess the former, but the latter sounds intriguing.
Oh, wow. That's great at #107. I think there might be minor chords in there that I'm hearing that I like. My friends have told me I have a tendency to do that.  Oops, no. They're apparently AABA major.  

Oh, have I motioned that in my world, hand claps might equal cowbell?..."In addition to handclaps by all four members of the group" is from Wiki

As far as Dylan, hate to disappoint, but it's a confused me phase, not a solid lamentation nor historical retrospective about he as musician.  

Last edited by a moderator:
... Then I looked at pricing - sheesh!  Like $300+ each to get seats I'd want.  I've only seen him once when someone gave me tix back when I was kind of a big deal and got everything for free.  I miss getting stuff for free.   :(  
Just sell another house...eh...sorry - truly. Hope that is improving for ya.

But, regarding "big deal" - you still dat. Queen of the dang Beatles Pride! 🦁

Also, GMoCs would be proud of you on the free stuff. I once told him - "yeah, well I didn't spend tons of money on beer..."

He said - "yeah, me neither - I never spent money on nothing" 

I never pointed out his double negative. 

Have fun! 

Oh, wow. That's great at #107. I think there might be minor chords in there that I'm hearing that I like. My friends have told me I have a tendency to do that.  Oops, no. They're apparently AABA major.  

Oh, have I motioned that in my world, hand claps might equal cowbell?..."In addition to handclaps by all four members of the group" is from Wiki

As far as Dylan, hate to disappoint, but it's a confused me phase, not a solid lamentation nor historical retrospective about he as musician.  
If you're going to have a rare psychological condition, hearing cowbell or minor chords when they're not there seems like a fun one to have.  Maybe wikkid can coin an appropriate term for it.   :)

I assume you've listened to this earlier version of the song, when Ringo was out sick (it's unknown who was playing the drums for this).  I didn't deem this song a Ringo Showcase, but you can tell by listening to this version how crucial he was to the final product.  

Just sell another house...eh...sorry - truly. Hope that is improving for ya.

But, regarding "big deal" - you still dat. Queen of the dang Beatles Pride! 🦁

Also, GMoCs would be proud of you on the free stuff. I once told him - "yeah, well I didn't spend tons of money on beer..."

He said - "yeah, me neither - I never spent money on nothing" 

I never pointed out his double negative. 

Have fun! 
Coincidentally, within minutes of my complaint about no longer getting free stuff, I got an email from a recruiter wanting to know if I'm interested in a new kind of a big deal position.  Upside:  free stuff!  Downside:  would have to move back to Chicago.  I don't need to own two houses I'm not living in.

If you're going to have a rare psychological condition, hearing cowbell or minor chords when they're not there seems like a fun one to have.  Maybe wikkid can coin an appropriate term for it.   :)

I assume you've listened to this earlier version of the song, when Ringo was out sick (it's unknown who was playing the drums for this).  I didn't deem this song a Ringo Showcase, but you can tell by listening to this version how crucial he was to the final product.  
Hey, k4, thanks for the link.  Fave quote from the link is, paraphrased, "well we've just found out what to do anyway. 'Tis good." So British. I loved it. Hadn't heard it.

Coincidentally, within minutes of my complaint about no longer getting free stuff, I got an email from a recruiter wanting to know if I'm interested in a new kind of a big deal position.  Upside:  free stuff!  Downside:  would have to move back to Chicago.  I don't need to own three houses (again).
Oooh! Intriguing. One of my best buds, Adam Harstad - from here - just moved to Chi town. 

And, don't know if this is a plus or minus - 5 hours from Loouie drive'n ain't too bad. 

How long do you have to think about it? 

First song I heard on the Beatles channel today was "No Reply," which made me think of @rockaction since it was his #1.  It's funny how many songs I associate with people in this thread now.  I associate all 72 of @Binky The Doormat's top 25 with him, of course.

It also occurred to me that IIRC @Shaft41's daughter is performing Your Song at the end of this month.  Might it be this weekend?  Please feel free to email a video to me, and I'll post it again!

My daughter performs this Friday night. I will be happy to share a video. She and I were looking at McCartney tickets in Moline. That was a short look when we saw the prices. Ain't nobody in this house a big deal. 

On the upside, I've gone probably a week with no raccoons on The Beatles Channel plus I even heard a live version of "Things We Said Today".

Oooh! Intriguing. One of my best buds, Adam Harstad - from here - just moved to Chi town. 

And, don't know if this is a plus or minus - 5 hours from Loouie drive'n ain't too bad. 

How long do you have to think about it? 
1.  I’m not moving again right now.

2.  I’ve made that drive in 4:10.   :)  

Glad you like it. Hedges was an unparalleled genius and so few know his music or his story. Hope you do some digging. Lots of gems to be found with Michael Hedges.
Yes, I have to admit I hadn't heard of him before this.  Read more about him; sad story.  I'm intrigued.  I didn't love or hate the vocal and was distracted by his mannerisms (and whatever the hell was on his head), but when I stopped watching and simply listened, the guitar was heavenly.  Any favorites to recommend?

Yes, I have to admit I hadn't heard of him before this.  Read more about him; sad story.  I'm intrigued.  I didn't love or hate the vocal and was distracted by his mannerisms (and whatever the hell was on his head), but when I stopped watching and simply listened, the guitar was heavenly.  Any favorites to recommend?
I found him through several Narada collections.  Still love that stuff - and really need to get back into to listening to them.  

Is that a colander on his head?
Hedges went through many evolutions, not unlike the Beatles. One challenge for him was to be able to freely move, play guitar and sing. Nowadays, performers like Britney Spears wear those little mics that allow them to shake their thing while singing. But Hedges was either on a budget or he just enjoyed improvising. One phase saw him wearing a derby hat on tour with the mic paraphernalia resting on the brim of the hat (taped in place, no doubt) which lent a dashing flair to his performance. Later, with dreadlocks, he used a military style helmet with holes strategically cut through which his dreads would flow. I don’t recall where the rest of the mic hardware was housed with that rig. In this late (last) stage of his career, Hedges went bald (for unknown reasons, although some speculated a depressive issue) and so he went with a hard hat of sorts, almost like the army helmet but more form fitting and no holes would have been needed. I prefer the derby, myself, which would have been circa 1990 in case you’re looking for images of it.

Hedges went through many evolutions, not unlike the Beatles. One challenge for him was to be able to freely move, play guitar and sing. Nowadays, performers like Britney Spears wear those little mics that allow them to shake their thing while singing. But Hedges was either on a budget or he just enjoyed improvising. One phase saw him wearing a derby hat on tour with the mic paraphernalia resting on the brim of the hat (taped in place, no doubt) which lent a dashing flair to his performance. Later, with dreadlocks, he used a military style helmet with holes strategically cut through which his dreads would flow. I don’t recall where the rest of the mic hardware was housed with that rig. In this late (last) stage of his career, Hedges went bald (for unknown reasons, although some speculated a depressive issue) and so he went with a hard hat of sorts, almost like the army helmet but more form fitting and no holes would have been needed. I prefer the derby, myself, which would have been circa 1990 in case you’re looking for images of it.

One more, pre-headgear. He’d play Tomorrow Never Knows from 1985 until he passed away in 1997, recorded it in the mid-90s.

Intro / Tomorrow Never Knows
nice

I'm a rollin' three joints...

1) for now

2) for later Hedges

MoCS now ---------------------------> 😗🙂

Givin' ya some ideas? 🤔
If I drink enough tonight.  
I'm a rollin' three joints...

1) for now

2) for later

3) for colander headn shukin'

Wait - that's =6 joints...

OKAY!!!!
Well - da joint swere alreadly roll'd - soooooo...

...inspired by Nipsey (👍), I tried me mouth at voclin' once againy.

Warn'n: NOT GOOD - at all

MoCS Across The Universe

Note: Tobaccy products only were used in the makin' of dis produc-she-own.

Wow, lots to catch up on.*  I also have a new video from @Shaft41‘s daughter to post when I get home.  Posting about it now to generate anticipation!

Some guy just asked to join me at my table on the ferry.  WTAF?  There are open tables.  It is not because I appear ravishing.

*I’ve been out hiking since 6 am.  Obviously.

Wow, lots to catch up on.*  I also have a new video from @Shaft41‘s daughter to post when I get home.  Posting about it now to generate anticipation!

Some guy just asked to join me at my table on the ferry.  WTAF?  There are open tables.  It is not because I appear ravishing.

*I’ve been out hiking since 6 am.  Obviously.
some guys kinda like the "run hard, put away wet" look.  

What you've all been waiting for.  Sorry, @Shaft41, I'm just too tired and brain-dead to cut off the first 45 seconds where nothing is happening except your wife(?) apparently telling you how to shoot a video.  By the way, please tell her that no further videos will be uploaded unless in landscape mode.  What kind of actual monsters are you people?

Daughter sounds amaze-balls as always, though.   :heart:  

What you've all been waiting for.  Sorry, @Shaft41, I'm just too tired and brain-dead to cut off the first 45 seconds where nothing is happening except your wife(?) apparently telling you how to shoot a video.  By the way, please tell her that no further videos will be uploaded unless in landscape mode.  What kind of actual monsters are you people?

Daughter sounds amaze-balls as always, though.   :heart:  
If it makes you feel better, my wife was shooting the video and she was talking to get mom, who just got her first smartphone. I will pass along the landscape tip. I had no idea the standards were so high. 

If it makes you feel better, my wife was shooting the video and she was talking to get mom, who just got her first smartphone. I will pass along the landscape tip. I had no idea the standards were so high. 
Obviously you have not read my posts!   :lol:  

Please tell me it was derby day
The hat? You talkin' bout the hat? 🤔

Yeah, it is kinda highfaluten-like. 

I just wanted ta be preety for yous.

In retrospect, it's too much - more of a special Sunday Square Dancin' chapeau - it is. 

Oh - that was this morning. 

Maybe 10 am... 

...1st meds of the day. 

If I weren't so sober, I woulda hit a few notes - maybe. Actually, I think I did hit the final third of "Ooommmmmm" - but, unfortunately, that's when I lost my lungs. 

Dammit. 

Users who are viewing this thread