What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

In this thread I rank my favorite Beatles songs: 204-1. (10 Viewers)

Just put on my copy of With The Beatles because of this. Haven't pulled the record out in a while.  This song -- the second track on the version I have -- is now playing. Such harmonies. Sounds really, really good this morning. Good morning, folks. Hope you have a lovely day!
Think I’ll put on With The Beatles today in honor of this post and Nipsey’s recording, too.

Just put on my copy of With The Beatles because of this. Haven't pulled the record out in a while.  This song -- the second track on the version I have -- is now playing. Such harmonies. Sounds really, really good this morning. Good morning, folks. Hope you have a lovely day!
I start most mornings with the Beatles.   It is usually:  "Alexa, play the Beatles."    It always sounds great.   

Currently listening to Rubber Soul after knocking out AHDN and Help! this morning. I guess With the Beatles will have to be next.

Currently listening to Rubber Soul after knocking out AHDN and Help! this morning. I guess With the Beatles will have to be next.
Didn't do well overall in my rankings, because Beatles!, but the first three tracks of side one are terrific, and there are two of my three favorite cover songs on there, too (You Really Got A Hold On Me and "Money").  Plus "Hold Me Tight" has that fabulous dissonance.

Beatles Channel just can't quit me.  Emailed today to say my segment will be replayed twice next week.  We'll ignore the fact that the times are 4 a.m. and 7 a.m. EDT and just agree I'm probably going to be a star.  Anything you guys want me to relay to Ringo once we start hanging out regularly?

Oh, hey @Murph, how did you and your fiancee do with your listening project?  Faves?

Beatles Channel just can't quit me.  Emailed today to say my segment will be replayed twice next week.  We'll ignore the fact that the times are 4 a.m. and 7 a.m. EDT and just agree I'm probably going to be a star.  Anything you guys want me to relay to Ringo once we start hanging out regularly?

Oh, hey @Murph, how did you and your fiancee do with your listening project?  Faves?
Which day(s)?

After listening through every song and reading every write-up we still continue to play Beatles almost non-stop at our house. I still find myself coming back to this thread regularly whenever I notice something new in a song. Funnily the other day I really noticed for the first time how awesome Paul's bass is in Nowhere Man. And I thought to myself, I can't remember if Krista even mentioned in her write-up. Sure enough..

George's work on this song is so distractingly excellent that I only recently started noticing Paul's bass line, and now I find it impossible not to focus on it; I'm convinced it's one of his best.

As for favorites, we've been kicking around the idea of doing top-25 lists (but probably unranked because, obviously you'd have to be nuts....)

But I think my Top 4 are set in stone:

4. Ticket to Ride

3. Two of Us

2. Let it Be

1. I've Just Seen a Face

Her Top 3:

3. You've Got to Hide Your Love Away

2. And Your Bird Can Sing

1. In My Life

Murph said:
After listening through every song and reading every write-up we still continue to play Beatles almost non-stop at our house. I still find myself coming back to this thread regularly whenever I notice something new in a song. Funnily the other day I really noticed for the first time how awesome Paul's bass is in Nowhere Man. And I thought to myself, I can't remember if Krista even mentioned in her write-up. Sure enough..

As for favorites, we've been kicking around the idea of doing top-25 lists (but probably unranked because, obviously you'd have to be nuts....)

But I think my Top 4 are set in stone:

4. Ticket to Ride

3. Two of Us

2. Let it Be

1. I've Just Seen a Face

Her Top 3:

3. You've Got to Hide Your Love Away

2. And Your Bird Can Sing

1. In My Life
That's awesome.  And I love your lists.  Three of my top five are on there!  There are probably no songs that makes me happier when they come on than "I've Just Seen a Face" and "And Your Bird Can Sing."

I think you should both do top 25 lists and submit them so that @Getzlaf15 has to redo the group rankings. ;)  

Oh, and as to my write-ups...a week or two ago I heard Tom Petty's cover of "I Need You" and thought, "Wow, why didn't I post this one as my suggested cover?"  Went to the list to see what I had suggested instead and yup, it was Tom Petty's version.  So obviously I didn't read my own write-ups, either.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's awesome.  And I love your lists.  Three of my top five are on there!  There are probably no songs that makes me happier when they come on than "I've Just Seen a Face" and "And Your Bird Can Sing."

I think you should both do top 25 lists and submit them so that @Getzlaf15 has to redo the group rankings. ;)  
Based on unranked rough drafts, we would add two new songs to the composite list. One on both lists, one on hers only.

My mom was a George so I became a George at an early age. 

But I scored a Ringo on the assessment. 

Lucky.

I think if I could have answered the "which of these quotes speak to you" (or whatever) question with my real answer, "This is all a bunch of bull####," I could have been John.
Funny, I answered the quiz honest and got Ringo. Then, since I didn't get my old fave George and I saw you pulled George, I wanted to see what that meant.  I took the quiz again trying to get George and I got it in one shot. Does that mean this is a good test? A bad test? Has this assessment been standardized? 

Funny, I answered the quiz honest and got Ringo. Then, since I didn't get my old fave George and I saw you pulled George, I wanted to see what that meant.  I took the quiz again trying to get George and I got it in one shot. Does that mean this is a good test? A bad test? Has this assessment been standardized? 
Same here, but I didn't care enough to re-do it. I think I have that backbeat. Never going to inspire an Astrid, but I'll keep time. 

@krista4 @Getzlaf15

25. All You Need Is Love

24. Lovely Rita

23. Hey Bulldog

22. Blackbird

21. I Saw Her Standing There

20. Taxman

19. Tomorrow Never Knows

18. Dig a Pony

17. For No One

16. Drive My Car

15. Ballad of John and Yoko

14. Happiness is a Warm Gun

13. You’ve Got to Hide Your Love Away

12. Can’t Buy Me Love

11. I’ve Got a Feeling

10. Any Time At All

9. Nowhere Man

8. Help!

7. A Day In the Life

6. I Want You (She’s So Heavy)

5. Abbey Road Medley

4. Ticket to Ride

3. Two of Us

2. Let It Be

1. I’ve Just Seen a Face

All rankings subject to change at any time and without notice. :)

Was just watching the television when "Help!" came on during one of the commercials. It had such a raw beginning, that plaintive wail. Anyway, it's a cute commercial about a dog eating all of his treats by the monstrous Google corp. but the music really struck me out of its normal context. It sounded really aggressive, raw, and really crying for help.

Anyway, thought of this thread and figured I'd post. 

rockaction said:
Was just watching the television when "Help!" came on during one of the commercials. It had such a raw beginning, that plaintive wail. Anyway, it's a cute commercial about a dog eating all of his treats by the monstrous Google corp. but the music really struck me out of its normal context. It sounded really aggressive, raw, and really crying for help.

Anyway, thought of this thread and figured I'd post. 
I feel like I can't hear these songs fresh like that anymore.  Even outside normal context I probably revert to my "usual" listening of the song.  That's very cool.  

Well, that being said, I did learn new ways of listening during this thread as people pointed out stuff or shared their reactions.  I mean that on my own I might have hit the end of the newness.  

I feel like I can't hear these songs fresh like that anymore.  Even outside normal context I probably revert to my "usual" listening of the song.  That's very cool.  

Well, that being said, I did learn new ways of listening during this thread as people pointed out stuff or shared their reactions.  I mean that on my own I might have hit the end of the newness.  
Yeah, I can relate to that. I was surprised at how it sounded new. It had to totally come out of left field for that to happen, and it did because of the way the commercial was shot and the simple quotidian task I was doing while half paying attention. But now I know the commercial and I'm expecting the song, so the effect is different than when I first saw it. 

Yeah, I can relate to that. I was surprised at how it sounded new. It had to totally come out of left field for that to happen, and it did because of the way the commercial was shot and the simple quotidian task I was doing while half paying attention. But now I know the commercial and I'm expecting the song, so the effect is different than when I first saw it. 
Yeah, that makes sense that it was because of the circumstance.  It's like you were forced to listen in a new way.  I love it!

Oh I want.
Heh. I remember there being others. I think they were a few hundred more than the base model I was after, and likely sold out, IIRC. This is one of them. I'd personally love a sleek black-and-grey model with a greyscale picture of them, nattily attired in their best suits with Eton collars. One can wish.

Took a break from non-stop Beatles Channel listening on my drive to and from work.  Decided this morning it was time to go back.  Happily tune it over to Channel 18.....

####### Fool on the Hill.  

Users who are viewing this thread