Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
krista4

In this thread I rank my favorite Beatles songs: 204-1.

6 hours ago, Keerock said:

This is my first time reading this thread.  I'm a fringe Beatles fan... my wife is a huge Beatles fan.  I'm posting here because in reviewing your list, you made me smile, and cry.

In My Life was the song my wife and I had played at Jack's visitation (accompanying his picture tribute).  We also had the lyrics printed on his funeral service program.  That song will be forever a special reminder of Jack, his life and how much we love him.

Thank you @krista4

Oh wow.  I had watched some of the picture tribute before, but I'll be honest that maybe halfway through I had become such a blubbering mess that I couldn't watch the whole thing.  But I just did it all this time and am glad I did.  Love that you used Mother Nature's Son too, by the way. 

Despite its being my #1 song, I'd never had any particular memory or person or experience associated with In My Life.  Until now, that is - now I'll always think of Jack and the Kee family when I hear it (which is often!).  Thank you enormously for sharing this and making the song even more special.  :heart: :heart: :heart: 

Edited by krista4
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

What happened to your list?  I was going to re-read it today.

20 minutes ago, krista4 said:

What happened to your list?  I was going to re-read it today.

I realized I'd e-mailed it to myself so didn't need to find it here, and didn't want it to muck up your thread with a "Look at me!" type deal.

12 hours ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

I realized I'd e-mailed it to myself so didn't need to find it here, and didn't want it to muck up your thread with a "Look at me!" type deal.

Aw, you weren't doing that at all.

On 1/15/2020 at 9:00 AM, Shaft41 said:

So, when do the 2020 rankings start?  

Hmmmm...

• Love 1

1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

Was there a spotify playlist for this? 

There was a distinct YouTube preference, IIRC. It's a debate in the thread, IIRC.

Like I said, IIRC. Been so long now...

1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

Was there a spotify playlist for this? 

I have Spotify links to each song in the original post, and I have a Spotify playlist of my own with all of these in order but actually have no idea how to post such.  Maybe in conjunction with the 2020 re-rankings...  ;) 

• Like 1

By the way, guys!!!  I finally got my Triple Beatle a few weeks ago!  Sirius was simultaneously playing "Come Together" on the Underground Garage, the demo version of "Let 'Em In" on Classic Vinyl, and "If I Needed Someone" on the Beatles channel.  Highlight of my 2020 so far. 

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, krista4 said:

I have Spotify links to each song in the original post, and I have a Spotify playlist of my own with all of these in order but actually have no idea how to post such.  Maybe in conjunction with the 2020 re-rankings...  ;) 

Ah, very sorry, k4. I'm trying to remember in the thread if there was a debate or something like it. Was it that you were linking Spotify and couldn't do You Tube for everybody, maybe? That must have been it. Oh yeah, now I remember listening on Spotify and not having had known they were there. 

22 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Ah, very sorry, k4. I'm trying to remember in the thread if there was a debate or something like it. Was it that you were linking Spotify and couldn't do You Tube for everybody, maybe? That must have been it. Oh yeah, now I remember listening on Spotify and not having had known they were there. 

I started with Spotify, but then some people don't use it and requested YouTube, but some people couldn't access those from work, so I ended up doing both.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, krista4 said:

@krista4:

If you have Spotify open on desktop, next to the play button in the playlist is the …/more button.  click on that ----> share ---->  copy playlist link.   Then just hyperlink that in a post.  

Edited by KarmaPolice

2 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

@krista4:

If you have Spotify open on desktop, next to the play button in the playlist is the …/more button.  click on that ----> share ---->  copy playlist link.   Then just hyperlink that in a post.  

Thanks!  I only have it on my phone, but I’ll see if I can figure it out, or install on my laptop.

5 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Thanks!  I only have it on my phone, but I’ll see if I can figure it out, or install on my laptop.

I have android - there is a similar menu in upper right corner that has a bunch of options, one is Share, and there is "copy link" in there too.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/6/2020 at 7:02 AM, KarmaPolice said:

I have android - there is a similar menu in upper right corner that has a bunch of options, one is Share, and there is "copy link" in there too.  

I need to remember to send you this.

On 2/8/2020 at 6:08 AM, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Krista or anyone... do you have any idea where this full discussion with the three Beatles would be?  - It’s a little bit in, a snip at 0:37. - Thanks.

Check it out here.

• Thanks 1