Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
krista4

In this thread I rank my favorite Beatles songs: 204-1.

I have five more in my bottom half tomorrow, before we take a short break and then get to the even better stuff.  I already know which five they are, so I'm wondering...what do you guys think should still be in the bottom that I haven't mentioned yet?  (Post #2 is useful to see what's been listed and what's remaining.)

I know that a few people do not like Come Together, and @Shaft41 hates Long and Winding Road, but other than that I'm not sure if I have much of a handle on what you think is "missing" and I'd be curious to hear!

Like I said, my picks are made (though I'm not certain in which order for those five), so it won't affect me.

Edited by krista4

The 15th list in just added FOURTEEN ####### NEW SONGS that have no been selected before. :hot:

Edited by Getzlaf15
  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1

Just now, Getzlaf15 said:

The 15 list in just added FOURTEEN ####### NEW SONGS that have no been selected before. :hot:

:pickle:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, krista4 said:

I lit a fire.

Such a nice simple song. Hang out, drink all night, maybe hook up, she goes to work in the morning and he stays cozy. That works just fine for me. I just wish she had a chair. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaVinci said:

You sick son a #####, I love it 

• Laughing 1

8 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

The 15 list in just added FOURTEEN ####### NEW SONGS that have no been selected before. :hot:

It might be a bit of schadenfreude, but I love this.  After hearing so much "that's waaaay too high" and "that's waaaaay too low" stuff, I feel affirmed to know that most of it is so good it's all just a matter of ####### taste, as I've been arguing from the beginning.  :)

Edited by krista4
  • Like 2

Just now, DaVinci said:
1 minute ago, Getzlaf15 said:

And no, "You Know My Name (Look Up the Number)" was not on it. That would be #26. :mellow:

4 minutes ago, DaVinci said:

And no, "You Know My Name (Look Up the Number)" was not on it. That would be #26. :mellow:

This was actually my first thought.  :lmao: 

2 hours ago, krista4 said:

I quit.TM

1 minute ago, krista4 said:

It might be a bit of schadenfreude, but I love this.  After hearing so much "that's waaaay too high" and "that's waaaaay too low" stuff, I feel affirmed to know that it's all just a matter of ####### taste, as I've been arguing from the beginning.  :)

Oh I just realized a great song I missed. ####- No ragrets.

• Laughing 1

5 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Oh I just realized a great song I missed. ####- No ragrets.

Fix it!  Then really no ragrets!  Or if you don't, then just post it here.  :) 

7 minutes ago, krista4 said:

It might be a bit of schadenfreude, but I love this.  After hearing so much "that's waaaay too high" and "that's waaaaay too low" stuff, I feel affirmed to know that it's all just a matter of ####### taste, as I've been arguing from the beginning.  :)

So this has happened a few times AFTER we had like 80 songs on the list.....

Someone adds a new song to the list and then that song will be on 3 or 4 more lists right after it.  So bizarre.

Edited by Getzlaf15
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Fix it!  Then really no ragrets!  Or if you don't, then just post it here.  :) 

All My Loving probably should have been in my top 10

• Like 1

All My Loving probably should have been in my top 10

Was it in your top 25 at least?  If not, fix it!

Just now, krista4 said:

Was it in your top 25 at least?  If not, fix it!

No it wasn’t- just forgot it. I already edited my list to @Getzlaf15 a few times. 

Just now, Ilov80s said:

No it wasn’t- just forgot it. I already edited my list to @Getzlaf15 a few times. 

I'll take a look at oit when I'm sober

If it's supposed to be in your top 10 you need to fix it.  Getzlaf said these lists could be sent for a long while yet, so I'm sure that such an important omission could be fixed.  :)

5 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

Since he does these by email notification, @Ilov80s, send him a new message with the new list in total instead of editing earlier messages.

2 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

Geez i would hate to interrupt your drinking but I’ll make an edit now and if you get it- cool. If not - cool.

5 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

So I just entered entry #9.

Entry #7 did not list Strawberry Fields and My Guitar Gently Weeps.  Those were 2 of the last 3.

A Day is the Life was just not listed....   Not one song is on all of the first nine Top 25's that I have.

ETA:  There are now 4 songs listed 8 times.   And Strawberry is not one of them! :lmao:   Left off the last two!

Holy Crap, it's like doing yer Top 25 Pink Floyd and leaving off Comfortably Numb.

52 minutes ago, krista4 said:

I do think Dylan is a good choice for someone (not me) to do something like this.

Just looked at Spotify. They have incredibly well done "This is ____" playlists for so many artists. The Beatles version is 4 hours long. The Dylan playlist is 6. Dylan could be done but it's an even bigger opus. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Future Champs said:

Holy Crap, it's like doing yer Top 25 Pink Floyd and leaving off Comfortably Numb.

A  Day in the life has been left off 4 of last 7 lists.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ilov80s said:

How many artists could anyone even come close to doing something like this? Zeppelin? Dylan?

Yes.  Also, definitely Neil Young and the Stones.  Need a big catalog to make this interesting.

• Like 2

Just now, The Future Champs said:

Yes.  Also, definitely Neil Young and the Stones.  Need a big catalog to make this interesting.

Neil Young is a great idea.  Stones might be good for me personally because, except for maybe 25-30 songs, I don’t much get the appeal.  Probably need someone to give me a good guided tour rather than some “Satisfaction is the best evah!!!1111one” stuff.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Just looked at Spotify. They have incredibly well done "This is ____" playlists for so many artists. The Beatles version is 4 hours long. The Dylan playlist is 6. Dylan could be done but it's an even bigger opus. 

Could be a total ####show, due to stylistic changes that make the Beatles seem tame.

• Like 2

Just now, krista4 said:

Neil Young is a great idea.  Stones might be good for me personally because, except for maybe 25-30 songs, I don’t much get the appeal.  Probably need someone to give me a good guided tour rather than some “Satisfaction is the best evah!!!1111one” stuff.

Satisfaction might not make my top 25, mainly because I've heard it so much I'm done with it.

1 minute ago, The Future Champs said:

Satisfaction might not make my top 25, mainly because I've heard it so much I'm done with it.

BUT ITS LIKE NOT HAVING COMFORTABLY NUMB!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Future Champs said:

Could be a total ####show, due to stylistic changes that make the Beatles seem tame.

Bottom 15 - that ####show of a gospel/country album?

Edited by krista4

3 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Also, a complete ranking of the any of these catalogs would be excessive, so paring it down to one or two hundred would be in order.  That, in turn, adds drama to the slow reveal of the top 25.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

A  Day in the life has been left off 4 of last 7 lists.

Great song but I do think too much is made of it. It's just 2 songs crammed into 1. 

7 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Right,  the backend of the the catalogues are likely more interesting than arguing whether Paint It Black is better than Gimme Shelter

• Like 1

Slow Train Coming? - that had at least one good tune on it.

Precious Angel - can't find the studio version on youtube.  Over the top Lordy Lordy Sweet Jesus from a guy who was and would soon be again Jewish.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Future Champs said:

Yep. I will just put my Van Morrison playlist back on...

1 minute ago, The Future Champs said:

Precious Angel - can't find the studio version on youtube.  Over the top Lordy Lordy Sweet Jesus from a guy who was and would soon be again Jewish.  

Gotta Serve Somebody is very good imo, would make my top 50 for sure 

• Like 1

You shut your whore mouth!

LOL I get that this was innovative but I can easily understand why people might not love the song. 

• Like 1

My Krista Top 10:

A Day in the Life

Let it Be

Hey Bulldog

For No One

Strawberry Fields Forever

Tomorrow Never Knows

While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Here Comes the Sun

A Hard Day's NIght

Abbey Road Medley

• Like 1

Imagine a very good Beatles song is on the radio and just when the chorus is about to hit I change the station and that station also has a Beatles song on! 

• Like 1

Krista Top 10

1  A Day In the Life

2  Strawberry Fields Forever 

3  Abbey Road Medley

4  In My Life

5  Eleanor Rigby

6  While My Guitar Gently Weeps

7  Come Together

8  Ticket to Ride

9  Hey Bulldog

10  Norwegian Wood

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

Krista Top 1

1 Norwegian Wood

Agreed

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

7th Top 25 list is in.

NINE songs on this list that no one had chosen yet.    We now have 77 songs on the list.

We are down to ONE song that has been on all seven lists.  Two got axed.   Strawberry Fields Forever was one of the last three.   In My Life was NOT one of the last three.

Once you started posting stats, people were going to do #### like leave In My Life off just to be contrary.

3 minutes ago, bentley said:

Once you started posting stats, people were going to do #### like leave In My Life off just to be contrary.

appears so.... but it hasn't changed the rankings at all.

6 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

appears so.... but it hasn't changed the rankings at all.

That's actually a bit harsh. Once people started coming up with top 25 lists at all, some #######s were going to leave no-brainers off it.

On 2/1/2019 at 12:08 AM, Officer Pete Malloy said:

5 times 25 = 125 

plus 5

which somehow  =  62

then we have 5 = 5

three out of 4/5 (which is like 1/5 more racist than the 3/5 treaty)

Wow, dude.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

1 hour ago, The Future Champs said:

Best version is John Doe. Just gorgeous.