Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Joe Mammy

Is Samsung Testing My Intestinal Mettle?

met·tle

noun: mettle; plural noun: mettles

a person's ability to cope well with difficulties or to face a demanding situation in a spirited and resilient way.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So we bought this house 4 years ago loaded with Samsung appliances. One by one, they piff in toadlike style. Except the fridge which I have managed to limp along by removing panels and blowdrying ice blocks off of the internal fan...fun right? AAAAAAAARRARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG! 

The latest to go is the dishwasher. Just stopped before loading with water. All 4 lights are blinking on the panel- I've searched like a Jack Ryan analyst for the online answer to this dilemma. I've called two techs who both say they'd rather not tackle as there is little to no hope for clean dishes to ever emerge from this bastard.

So FU Samsung!

52 minutes ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

Their smart TVs seem to have a tough time staying connected to wifi too.

My Samsung TVs and phones are great.

Similar experience on 2 fridges though.. so I will likewise avoid their appliances.

Have a Samsung washing machine for 9 years now, it's been great. Dryer would have lasted as long but it got a cracked gas intake through rough handling, would have cost as much to replace the part as it did to get a new dryer. Got another Samsung, seems to be holding up well.

Hate my Samsung fridge--there is a plastic bearing in there that has gone out at least two or three times. I can't wait til the whole thing dies and I can replace it with a good fridge.  

9 minutes ago, Gr00vus said:

Have a Samsung washing machine for 9 years now, it's been great. Dryer would have lasted as long but it got a cracked gas intake through rough handling, would have cost as much to replace the part as it did to get a new dryer. Got another Samsung, seems to be holding up well.

Maybe they're Maytags with a prank Samsung sticker?

1 hour ago, matuski said:

My Samsung TVs and phones are great.

Similar experience on 2 fridges though.. so I will likewise avoid their appliances.

I have the Frame. I love the TV but the wifi needs to be reset after it powers itself down for some reason. Super annoying and I've run through all the work around I could find. 

1 hour ago, NotSmart said:

Maybe they're Maytags with a prank Samsung sticker?

We have nothing but Maytag appliances, zero problems 

A good friend of mine is from South Korea and he says he'd never buy a Samsung appliance, only phones and televisions. The discrepancy is rather bizarre. 

Good luck with the mettle.

Intestinal Mettle was the name of my one-man show on the break-up of Guns 'n Roses. Critics called in "illusional" and "addictive"