Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Joe Bryant

TV Shows In Own Thread - Or All In Netflix Thread?

Recommended Posts

I know some people love to have threads where everything in included. Like the Netflix thread where tons of different shows are discussed.

Others like individual threads for each show.

We have the same issue in Shark Pool stuff with Football where some people love an "official" Aaron Rodgers thread that's 6 years old with tons of stuff on Rodgers. Others (like me) prefer a new thread targeted on the latest news to talk about for Rodgers.

For TV shows, what do you like best? Or do you care?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Netflix thread is impossible to generate discussion in. That’s indisputable. It’s fine for pointless little shows or movies that nobody is watching but for really good shows or popular ones they need their own thread. 

  • Like 7
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do it like the Video Games thread and have both.  Have the General thread be a “What are you watching” type thread, with separate threads for in depth discussion for the real popular shows. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think big enough shows end up generating their own thread (or at least they should)

i look to the Netflix thread to find out what’s new or to ask if something older is worth watching 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be too much of a cluster if people tried to talk about a show in depth in one thread.   Like others have said, I think their own thread is good for the popular shows so people can talk in depth episode to episode.   0 chance you could do GoT and others in one thread.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it depends on the show and number of seasons..

IF they decide to go forward with season 4, aka version 2.0, of Travelers I'll start a thread of it's own as there are many things I'd love to discuss with others about the first 3 seasons but don't want to spoil it in the Netflix thread.  :popcorn:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the netflix thread. Things get discussed deeper from time to time and bigger shows eventually get their own threads. Win win.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, jamny said:

I like the netflix thread. Things get discussed deeper from time to time and bigger shows eventually get their own threads. Win win.

This. Isn't this what we've always done?

But I agree with whoever said that seasons being released in their entirety overnight kinda kills the discussion since posters are all over the map with what episode they're up to. Much easier to discuss weekly network episodes in their own threads than these binged netflix and Amazon shows...even though a lot of those are worthy of more in depth discussion. Just gets tough spoiilering everything.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Capella said:

That Netflix thread is impossible to generate discussion in. That’s indisputable. It’s fine for pointless little shows or movies that nobody is watching but for really good shows or popular ones they need their own thread. 

I couldn't have said it better myself.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely should have individual threads for popular shows.  Too confusing if the conversation bounces from show to show when in depth discussions are going on.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what about differnt threads for each episode that would generate a lot of discussion and would get everyone a little playing time take that to the bank joemigo

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every show should have its own thread.  Having them all in the same means you might be discussing one you are watching and accidentally read spoilers about one you intend to watch at some point. This should be a no-brainer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Capella said:

That Netflix thread is impossible to generate discussion in. That’s indisputable. It’s fine for pointless little shows or movies that nobody is watching but for really good shows or popular ones they need their own thread. 

You just can't generate discussion on these streaming shows where all the episodes are available at once.  Everyone is at a different point in the series.  It's not like a weekly show, where if I haven't watched it I know not to go into the thread.

The only real solution, and Joe will love this, is to have a separate thread for each episode.  Set up us the TV Forum!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SWC said:

what about differnt threads for each episode that would generate a lot of discussion and would get everyone a little playing time take that to the bank joemigo

Damn I should have read the thread first.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, shuke said:

Damn I should have read the thread first.

At least you remembered to log out of the alias and then log back in ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, shuke said:

You just can't generate discussion on these streaming shows where all the episodes are available at once.  Everyone is at a different point in the series.  It's not like a weekly show, where if I haven't watched it I know not to go into the thread.

It’s a good point but I think people are afraid to discuss Netflix shows more in depth for that reason.  I guess I’m sitting on the fence - I think I agree with your point  it think we should do individual show trhreads for popular shows and people should know not to come in to the thread if they aren’t current.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

It’s a good point but I think people are afraid to discuss Netflix shows more in depth for that reason.  I guess I’m sitting on the fence - I think I agree with your point  it think we should do individual show trhreads for popular shows and people should know not to come in to the thread if they aren’t current.

You can't get "current" on a streaming show until you watch the whole season.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2019 at 11:06 PM, shuke said:

You can't get "current" on a streaming show until you watch the whole season.  

Right - that’s what I meant.  I just agree with others that the Netflix thread is too big and cumbersome to sort through if you want to discuss X.  Your point is valid why streaming shows won’t generate a lot of discussion but there’s only so many Lifetime Channel posts by Daulton I can read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.