What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Masked Singer (1 Viewer)

Cool show.  The costumes are bizarre, the panel of "celebs" is cheesy and don't take themselves or the show seriously, and the performances with the backup dancers are interesting.  I can see getting sick of it but it's got a couple seasons in it methinks. 

I guessed Tommy Chong last week, and I'm fairly certain that the Alein is Latoya Jackson.  

And I still :wub: Jenny McCarthy.

Jaysus said:
I guessed Tommy Chong last week, and I'm fairly certain that the Alein is Latoya Jackson.  

And I still :wub: Jenny McCarthy.
I also went with Latoya Jackson as the Alien. I’m questioning whether that’s true though because she said she has lots of sisters.

Courtjester said:
Okay, I am going to post in this thread about a new tv show that is possibly the worst...I mean absolutely the worst show made. I am talking about The Masked Singer. 

My wife was so excited for whatever reason to watch this steaming pile and so I said okay, I will bite. For those unfamiliar with this show. there are 12 stars/celebrities that dress in these really stupid costumes that hide their face with six of them matched up against one another each week in a singing contest and the crappiest one of them is sent home each week and (gasp) unmasked. 

Four of the worst possible judges comment as they sing and offer such gems as “Is it Justin Timberlake? I think it is Lady Gaga. NO, it is Celine Dion.”  Their comments make this show so bad it is unbelievable. 

They either offered lots of $$ or free meth to the studio audience because every time they cut to them, it is amazing—just amazing how excited they are to hear these losers sing. 

Here is the ultimate insult, the so called celebs are B maybe C actors and singers with some football players sprinkled in. The person voted off this week was Chong from Cheech and Chong and yet the judges wondered if it was JT or (yes this was actually said) President Obama.

i know the guy from Sharknado is probably one of them as well as Donny Osmond.  

I have no words how this got made for US tv. I understand it was big in Korea but they had actual stars on their show. 
This is my opinion about this show from the other thread about tv 

matuski said:
This show is so awesome.  On it's face such a terrible idea.. but it works.  Like your buddy who shocks you at a karaoke bar.

I can't stop watching.  Ken Jeong is effing hilarious.
Jeong is the only reason I tuned in the first show.  I have it on my DVR and can only imagine watching it wasted on vacation. 

great costumes. 

But no thanks. Don't need to see more  celebrities talking listening to other celebrities. It's part of our society I really don't get and feel like is the demise of culture in general.

Based on the commercials I’ve seen: Is this a lip sync thing or am I supposed to believe that these people sound perfect while singing with their head in what’s essentially a fish bowl?
They might be singing, but definitely over a vocal track at worst.

Sucks that only one gets unmasked each week and Nick Cannon is still annoying. 

Other than that, decent enough show. I'll allow it.

One of our family friends is a production manager on this show. So we watch to support him. The reveal is the best part.

I thought Peyton Manning for a minute but then ruled him out. I have no idea.

Tommy Chong was too easy, I knew it after the first sentence out of his mouth.
I cant give this one away.  The gut + the hints + voice = ?

eta - you likely saw him today.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's fun to try and figure out who the singer is but the panel (two of them anyway) make it almost unwatchable.  I guessed right on Antonio Brown and as soon as the pineapple starting singing I knew it was Tommy Chong immediately.  Can't mistake his voice.  

The Bee is intriguing. Thinking maybe Gladys Knight or Dianna Ross.

Deer seems obvious too.  

It's fun to try and figure out who the singer is but the panel (two of them anyway) make it almost unwatchable.  I guessed right on Antonio Brown and as soon as the pineapple starting singing I knew it was Tommy Chong immediately.  Can't mistake his voice.  

The Bee is intriguing. Thinking maybe Gladys Knight or Dianna Ross.

Deer seems obvious too.  

Thought this would be the dumbest show ever based on the previews and I was right. But somehow we didn't change the channel on this horrific show. 

Tomorrow I’m going to defend the deposition of a 15 year old rape victim in Mississippi while opposing counsel tries to convince her she wanted it.

Tonight I’m going to get drunk and watch something that doesn’t matter at all. 
You're excused.

Everyone else: death.

Tomorrow I’m going to defend the deposition of a 15 year old rape victim in Mississippi while opposing counsel tries to convince her she wanted it.

Tonight I’m going to get drunk and watch something that doesn’t matter at all. 
It could be worse.  You could be opposing counsel.

Users who are viewing this thread