Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

This show is so awesome.  On it's face such a terrible idea.. but it works.  Like your buddy who shocks you at a karaoke bar.

I can't stop watching.  Ken Jeong is effing hilarious.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Saw the first episode.  Didn't care for it.  I wasn't planning to watch again.

I recognized the chains and knew who it was before he said a word.

Second one actually suspenseful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, matuski said:

I recognized the chains and knew who it was before he said a word.

Second one actually suspenseful.

Deer also easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool show.  The costumes are bizarre, the panel of "celebs" is cheesy and don't take themselves or the show seriously, and the performances with the backup dancers are interesting.  I can see getting sick of it but it's got a couple seasons in it methinks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guessed Tommy Chong last week, and I'm fairly certain that the Alein is Latoya Jackson.  

 

And I still :wub: Jenny McCarthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jaysus said:

I guessed Tommy Chong last week, and I'm fairly certain that the Alein is Latoya Jackson.  

 

And I still :wub: Jenny McCarthy.

I also went with Latoya Jackson as the Alien. I’m questioning whether that’s true though because she said she has lots of sisters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Courtjester said:

Okay, I am going to post in this thread about a new tv show that is possibly the worst...I mean absolutely the worst show made. I am talking about The Masked Singer. 

My wife was so excited for whatever reason to watch this steaming pile and so I said okay, I will bite. For those unfamiliar with this show. there are 12 stars/celebrities that dress in these really stupid costumes that hide their face with six of them matched up against one another each week in a singing contest and the crappiest one of them is sent home each week and (gasp) unmasked. 

Four of the worst possible judges comment as they sing and offer such gems as “Is it Justin Timberlake? I think it is Lady Gaga. NO, it is Celine Dion.”  Their comments make this show so bad it is unbelievable. 

They either offered lots of $$ or free meth to the studio audience because every time they cut to them, it is amazing—just amazing how excited they are to hear these losers sing. 

Here is the ultimate insult, the so called celebs are B maybe C actors and singers with some football players sprinkled in. The person voted off this week was Chong from Cheech and Chong and yet the judges wondered if it was JT or (yes this was actually said) President Obama.

i know the guy from Sharknado is probably one of them as well as Donny Osmond.  

I have no words how this got made for US tv. I understand it was big in Korea but they had actual stars on their show. 

This is my opinion about this show from the other thread about tv 

  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Courtjester said:

This is my opinion about this show from the other thread about tv 

Oh, am I breaking protocol here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, matuski said:

This show is so awesome.  On it's face such a terrible idea.. but it works.  Like your buddy who shocks you at a karaoke bar.

I can't stop watching.  Ken Jeong is effing hilarious.

Jeong is the only reason I tuned in the first show.  I have it on my DVR and can only imagine watching it wasted on vacation. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on the commercials I’ve seen: Is this a lip sync thing or am I supposed to believe that these people sound perfect while singing with their head in what’s essentially a fish bowl?

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

great costumes. 

But no thanks. Don't need to see more  celebrities talking listening to other celebrities. It's part of our society I really don't get and feel like is the demise of culture in general.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Epic Problem said:

Based on the commercials I’ve seen: Is this a lip sync thing or am I supposed to believe that these people sound perfect while singing with their head in what’s essentially a fish bowl?

They might be singing, but definitely over a vocal track at worst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, matuski said:

Oh, am I breaking protocol here?

No you did it right. I was the one being the rebel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sucks that only one gets unmasked each week and Nick Cannon is still annoying. 

Other than that, decent enough show. I'll allow it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of our family friends is a production manager on this show. So we watch to support him. The reveal is the best part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched both episodes but the show isn’t great. Just seems to take way too much time. Only six singers and one reveal in an hour just drags on a bit.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, James Daulton said:

I wish Nick Cannon's hair was masked. 

The alternative is a turban.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wingnut said:

Who is the deer?

ah cmon easiest of them all.. especially for a football crowd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, matuski said:

ah cmon easiest of them all.. especially for a football crowd.

I thought Peyton Manning for a minute but then ruled him out. I have no idea.

Tommy Chong was too easy, I knew it after the first sentence out of his mouth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Wingnut said:

I thought Peyton Manning for a minute but then ruled him out. I have no idea.

Tommy Chong was too easy, I knew it after the first sentence out of his mouth.

I cant give this one away.  The gut + the hints + voice = ?

eta - you likely saw him today.

Edited by matuski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, matuski said:

I cant give this one away.  The gut + the hints + voice = ?

eta - you likely saw him today.

Say it in a spoiler tag...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's fun to try and figure out who the singer is but the panel (two of them anyway) make it almost unwatchable.  I guessed right on Antonio Brown and as soon as the pineapple starting singing I knew it was Tommy Chong immediately.  Can't mistake his voice.  

The Bee is intriguing. Thinking maybe Gladys Knight or Dianna Ross.

Deer seems obvious too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

It's fun to try and figure out who the singer is but the panel (two of them anyway) make it almost unwatchable.  I guessed right on Antonio Brown and as soon as the pineapple starting singing I knew it was Tommy Chong immediately.  Can't mistake his voice.  

The Bee is intriguing. Thinking maybe Gladys Knight or Dianna Ross.

Deer seems obvious too.  

100.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, eoMMan said:

Say it in a spoiler tag...

Terry Bradshaw

[/Spolier]

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought this would be the dumbest show ever based on the previews and I was right. But somehow we didn't change the channel on this horrific show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it's like the love boat, in costumes. I'm expecting Sonny Bono to be the crab.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

I can't believe people watch this garbage. What is wrong with you?

Tomorrow I’m going to defend the deposition of a 15 year old rape victim in Mississippi while opposing counsel tries to convince her she wanted it.

Tonight I’m going to get drunk and watch something that doesn’t matter at all. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

Holy ####.  I’m very very close to sure that the Bee is 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Tina Turner

 

Yes, that was my guess as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

Holy ####.  I’m very very close to sure that the Bee is 

 

  Hide contents

Tina Turner

 

I wanna know who that is in your avatar wearing the Foghorn mask

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KingPrawn said:

I wanna know who that is in your avatar wearing the Foghorn mask

Atticus Finch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Henry Ford said:

Atticus Finch. 

Hmmmm, never woulda guessed a finch. I woulda guessed a chicken hawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cockroach said:

This show is okay, besides the songs/music/singing. 

And the fact that it’s renormalizing Jenny McCarthy and Robin Thicke. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

Holy ####.  I’m very very close to sure that the Bee is 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Tina Turner

 

Really?  I didn't get that at all.  That'd be a much better get for the show than AB or Chong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

Tomorrow I’m going to defend the deposition of a 15 year old rape victim in Mississippi while opposing counsel tries to convince her she wanted it.

Tonight I’m going to get drunk and watch something that doesn’t matter at all. 

You're excused.

Everyone else: death.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

Tomorrow I’m going to defend the deposition of a 15 year old rape victim in Mississippi while opposing counsel tries to convince her she wanted it.

Tonight I’m going to get drunk and watch something that doesn’t matter at all. 

It could be worse.  You could be opposing counsel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, El Floppo said:

So it's like the love boat, in costumes. I'm expecting Sonny Bono to be the crab.

That really would be an event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.