Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

For the record, I do not watch the show, only character compilations on YT.

Show seems unwatchable in any other format.

22 hours ago, bigbottom said:

Wife and I were watching the show. Our seventeen-year-old walked in the room while Ice Cream was singing Old Town Road. No joke, he listened for less than ten seconds and said “That’s Ninja.”  Hadn’t heard a single one of the clues. One of the most amazing insta-solves I’ve ever seen. 

Of course, the reason why he knew immediately who it was is likely because he’s spent over a hundred hours listening to this kid play video games, which isn’t so great I guess. 

Instantly recognizable voice

8 minutes ago, hagmania said:

Instantly recognizable voice

That’s what he said. 

2 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

That’s what he said. 

For me, it's because I'll have my head turned doing #### on another screen whilst listening to my streamers of choice - I'm pretty good at picking out their voices if I hear them elsewhere.

I probably watch Ninja once a month. For someone that watches him a few times a week it would be hard not to recognize.

11 minutes ago, hagmania said:

For me, it's because I'll have my head turned doing #### on another screen whilst listening to my streamers of choice - I'm pretty good at picking out their voices if I hear them elsewhere.

I probably watch Ninja once a month. For someone that watches him a few times a week it would be hard not to recognize.

Here’s the performance. 

https://youtu.be/lYvXOoiYbEo

It was funny. He walked in the room, listened for 5-10 seconds and just said matter of factly “That’s Ninja.” We sort of dismissed it, but when he finished and the judges started discussing the clues, all of them seemed to be spot on, and it began dawning on us that he had nailed it in a matter of seconds. As you said, probably an easy call for those familiar with him, but it was such a random guess without any context (son wasn’t even familiar with the show) that we had to pick our jaws up off the floor. 

Edited by bigbottom
  • Like 1

i’ll be honest here, if i repeatedly ran over ninja with my vehicle, went to court for several years defending myself in the matter, was tried convicted then overturned on appeal, then i ran him over again after becoming a free man, i still wouldn’t know who this guy is.

• Like 3
  • Laughing 4

On 9/27/2019 at 5:51 PM, Chemical X said:

what's with cannon and the turbans? 

I thought he was trying out for the live action Johnny Quest movie.

• Thanks 1

On 9/27/2019 at 4:29 PM, Courtjester said:

And herein why I hated this show. I get you are trying to drum up some intrigue, but the chances of an A-list celebrity being on this show are zero. I watched last year to humor my wife--it won't happen again. I set the DVR, she can watch this tripe on her own time. 

I'm waiting to see who this year brings out, because I've read that after the first season, they got so many requests to be on this show from "big name celebrities" that they filmed season 2 and 3 back to back.

• Thinking 1

Posted (edited)

My 7 year old and 5 year old have now begun watching the show with a notebook to write down the clues.  My 5 yo mainly mainly drew pictures of pandas and hearts but my 7 yo was getting down almost all of the clues.

My wife guessed the person who got kicked off and is now all cocky about how good she is at guessing the celebrities :grad:

Edited by xulf
  • Like 1

On 9/30/2019 at 7:35 AM, TheIronSheik said:

I'm waiting to see who this year brings out, because I've read that after the first season, they got so many requests to be on this show from "big name celebrities" that they filmed season 2 and 3 back to back.

This means they have a true ringer in the bunch. They needed to get them on film in case they bolted between seasons.

this week was so crappy there actually was corn in it.

5 hours ago, xulf said:

My 7 year old and 5 year old have now begun watching the show with a notebook to write down the clues.  My 5 yo mainly mainly drew pictures of pandas and hearts but my 7 yo was getting down almost all of the clues.

My wife guessed the person who got kicked off and is now all cocky about how good she is at guessing the celebrities :grad:

My wife guessed it as well. So now both my wife and my kid have correct guesses, while I’m getting shut out. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Chemical X said:

this week was so crappy there actually was corn in it.

Tuning in every week, buddy? :popcorn:

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Leroy Hoard said:

This means they have a true ringer in the bunch. They needed to get them on film in case they bolted between seasons.

They said something like 47 combined Grammy's and some Tony's amongst the competitors.  I'm interested to see exactly who they are.  

• Thinking 1

3 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

They said something like 47 combined Grammy's and some Tony's amongst the competitors.  I'm interested to see exactly who they are.  

they said that last year and while they did have actual singers who won or were nominated for a lot of those awards, they also counted the wins and nominations for Cheech & Chong albums (which I don't think are musical, although I've never listened to them).