Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyU

Colts vs Chiefs

Recommended Posts

I just realized the Colts lost to the Jets in SB3 50 years ago today :(  I hope this is not a bad omen.  I tossed a small TV out my bedroom 2nd floor window that day, then I went to my Boy Scout meeting.  My mother beat the hell out of me over that when I came home.

The Colts have owned the Chiefs in past playoff years and that can't be a good omen either.  I don't feel warm and fuzzy about this game.

 

ETA:  The Colts match up very well against the Chiefs and I’m not really superstitious.

Edited by JohnnyU
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colts win outright.

KC is a pitiful playoff team. Reid’s squads traditionally underperform in the post season. Luck is the best QB in the NFL right now and the Chiefs defense couldn’t stop The Little Sisters of the Poor.

Colts win 31-28.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't you remember JohnnyU how you were brought in to save the day?

That day fullback Matt Snell couldn;t be stopped. he had over 120 years running over Colts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Any locals have a weather update?

Last I saw was 4-6 inches of snow today but don't know when it's supposed to stop

@ChiefD

Wondering if the weather will affect the kickers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ZenoRazon said:

Don't you remember JohnnyU how you were brought in to save the day?

That day fullback Matt Snell couldn;t be stopped. he had over 120 years running over Colts.

They brought him in too late.  He did rally them for a TD, but Snell was too much that day.  However, I find myself rooting for his nephew (Benny Snell Jr.)  SNELL YEEAH!!!

Edited by JohnnyU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

They brought him in too late.  He did rally them for a TD, but Snell was too much that day.  However, I find myself rooting for his nephew (Benny Snell Jr.)  SNELL YEEAH!!!

I totally agree, why wait so long?

For some reason I missed that SNELL connection, nephew, ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Any locals have a weather update?

Last I saw was 4-6 inches of snow today but don't know when it's supposed to stop

@ChiefD

I’m about 50 miles southeast of the stadium. I’ve got 7” on my picnic table. Still snowing lightly.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Any locals have a weather update?

Last I saw was 4-6 inches of snow today but don't know when it's supposed to stop

@ChiefD

6" of heavy wet snow on the ground now. Still snowing.  Should taper off by game time.

So far the wind is not a factor thank god. If we get wind half of this city will be without power. Lots of downed limbs already and lots of heavy snow laden tree limbs drooping. I may lose power before game time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChiefD said:

6" of heavy wet snow on the ground now. Still snowing.  Should taper off by game time.

So far the wind is not a factor thank god. If we get wind half of this city will be without power. Lots of downed limbs already and lots of heavy snow laden tree limbs drooping. I may lose power before game time.

 

Thanks Chief

Good luck with the power situation 

How many racks you smoking today?

And are you wearing the lucky pants? 

 :oldunsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Thanks Chief

Good luck with the power situation 

How many racks you smoking today?

And are you wearing the lucky pants? 

 :oldunsure:

No racks. Too much snow and I had to run this morning. This will be me in front of the fire with a pile of beers.

I retired the Victory Pants. Used 'em all up when the Royals won the World Series.

Not sure the Victory Pants can overcome that old idiot snot-faced moron Bob Sutton. Can't believe that blabbering snotty idiot is still here after 6 EFFING YEARS!!!

And it's gonna happen again today because he and Reid are double morons together. Pray that the power of Mahomes can overcome those two boneheads.

Edited by ChiefD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

No racks. Too much snow and I had to run this morning. This will be me in front of the fire with a pile of beers.

I retired the Victory Pants. Used 'em all up when the Royals won the World Series.

Not sure the Victory Pants can overcome that old idiot snot-faced moron Bob Sutton. Can't believe that blabbering snotty idiot is still here after 6 EFFING YEARS!!!

And it's gonna happen again today because he and Reid are double morons together. Pray that the power of Mahomes can overcome those two boneheads.

:lol:

Good luck today bud

🍻

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I-70 is closed in a couple of spots between KC and STL due to multiple vehicle accidents.

 I hope the folks driving in from Indy are safe, and already in town....

Go Chiefs!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This crap defense of the Chiefs will haunt them today. And of course there’s good old Andy Reid who’s—correct me if I’m wrong—won one playoff game since Jim Johnson passed away. And that was against a third string qb. 

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If any of you have Twitter, you have to follow the Captain Andrew Luck account, if you don't already.  It's hilarious.  

"Dearest mother — I write you as snow falls. The camp has settled down. The men are reflecting on the most meaningful moments of the campaign. They are as humble as they are grateful. Tomorrow shall be our most significant battle yet. We are ready for a fight. I love you. — Andrew"

This one a few days ago:  "Dearest mother — I have received your care package of braised pigeon shins and fresh Squirrel Oil. By way of Chief trickery, the unit lost a day’s travel after reaching Lawrence only to discover Kansas City is actually in Missouri. No bother. Our focus remains unfazed. — Andrew"

https://twitter.com/CaptAndrewLuck

 

  • Like 6
  • Laughing 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

I just realized the Colts lost to the Jets in SB3 50 years ago today :(  I hope this is a bad omen.  I tossed a small TV out my bedroom 2nd floor window that day, then I went to my Boy Scout meeting.  My mother beat the hell out of me over that when I came home.

The Colts have owned the Chiefs in past playoff years and that can't be a good omen either.  I don't feel warm and fuzzy about this game.

Eh look at it this way, it’s the winner of SB V vs the winner of SB IV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw the field conditions on NFL Network and it didn't look pretty at all.  If the conditions don't change, this game could be 13-10.  

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are a bettor, bet the Colts in this game.

Until Bob Snotten gets fired, this team will not go anywhere. The worst D Coordinator ever, and he's been here 6 years and was the architect of two collapses in the playoffs. On top of that you have Reid who coaches like a scared pooooooooosay in the playoffs.

This team is so maddening. Love Mahomes and what he brings, but I hate Bob SnottyMcSnotterstein with a passion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Goooals said:

Just saw the field conditions on NFL Network and it didn't look pretty at all.  If the conditions don't change, this game could be 13-10.  

What does it look like for passing game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bcat01 said:

What does it look like for passing game?

Its not as windy here as the video would lead you to believe. I have hardly a breeze here at my house and I live about 10 miles from the stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bcat01 said:

What does it look like for passing game?

Snow was coming in sideways from what I saw.  They said it was not expected to change much throughout the game.  I'm not a weather-person and these guys have probably been wrong more than right.  Maybe the stadium will keep out or block some of the extreme conditions.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stand corrected. Breeze is kicking up here now. If the wind picks up half this city will be without power, including myself. A LOT of folks are out of power now.

This snow is wet and heavy - branches are falling all over the place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting note: most of the playoff teams had an easy SOS. Colts had a very easy schedule. Only one playoff team had a top 10 schedule: The Chiefs. It makes me think the Colts aren’t as good as many perceive the Chiefs might be better then we even realize.

  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Interesting note: most of the playoff teams had an easy SOS. Colts had a very easy schedule. Only one playoff team had a top 10 schedule: The Chiefs. It makes me think the Colts aren’t as good as many perceive the Chiefs might be better then we even realize.

Are we sure about this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck to fans here of either team. I don't have a rooting interest, so I'm hoping for a fun game. 

I think it's Chiefs 27 Colts 23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't bet the game but it seems like when a lot of people are on the dog that's when the favorite rises up and wins. Just a gut thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Insein said:

This weather evens things out a bit.

Chiefs 12 Colts 8

Snow probably favors the offenses.  It’s harder for the defense to react

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JohnnyU said:

Snow probably favors the offenses.  It’s harder for the defense to react

True, it's the wind that messes up QBs. Snow looks to be coming straight down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be rooting for the winner of Patriots chargers regardless. If the chiefs lose, i'll be rooting for the home team. If the chiefs win, at least the colts lose. Either way i'm happy.  Good luck to fans of both teams and let's hope for a fun game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe the Colts OL dominate the Chiefs DL and the Colts run the ball well and win time of possession and limit Mahomes’ possessions.  

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.