What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colts vs Chiefs (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
I just realized the Colts lost to the Jets in SB3 50 years ago today :(   I hope this is not a bad omen.  I tossed a small TV out my bedroom 2nd floor window that day, then I went to my Boy Scout meeting.  My mother beat the hell out of me over that when I came home.

The Colts have owned the Chiefs in past playoff years and that can't be a good omen either.  I don't feel warm and fuzzy about this game.

ETA:  The Colts match up very well against the Chiefs and I’m not really superstitious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Colts win outright.

KC is a pitiful playoff team. Reid’s squads traditionally underperform in the post season. Luck is the best QB in the NFL right now and the Chiefs defense couldn’t stop The Little Sisters of the Poor.

Colts win 31-28.

Any locals have a weather update?

Last I saw was 4-6 inches of snow today but don't know when it's supposed to stop

@ChiefD

Don't you remember JohnnyU how you were brought in to save the day?

That day fullback Matt Snell couldn;t be stopped. he had over 120 years running over Colts.

Don't you remember JohnnyU how you were brought in to save the day?

That day fullback Matt Snell couldn;t be stopped. he had over 120 years running over Colts.
They brought him in too late.  He did rally them for a TD, but Snell was too much that day.  However, I find myself rooting for his nephew (Benny Snell Jr.)  SNELL YEEAH!!!

They brought him in too late.  He did rally them for a TD, but Snell was too much that day.  However, I find myself rooting for his nephew (Benny Snell Jr.)  SNELL YEEAH!!!
I totally agree, why wait so long?

For some reason I missed that SNELL connection, nephew, ok.

Any locals have a weather update?

Last I saw was 4-6 inches of snow today but don't know when it's supposed to stop

@ChiefD
6" of heavy wet snow on the ground now. Still snowing.  Should taper off by game time.

So far the wind is not a factor thank god. If we get wind half of this city will be without power. Lots of downed limbs already and lots of heavy snow laden tree limbs drooping. I may lose power before game time.

6" of heavy wet snow on the ground now. Still snowing.  Should taper off by game time.

So far the wind is not a factor thank god. If we get wind half of this city will be without power. Lots of downed limbs already and lots of heavy snow laden tree limbs drooping. I may lose power before game time.
Thanks Chief

Good luck with the power situation 

How many racks you smoking today?

And are you wearing the lucky pants? 

:oldunsure:

Thanks Chief

Good luck with the power situation 

How many racks you smoking today?

And are you wearing the lucky pants? 

:oldunsure:
No racks. Too much snow and I had to run this morning. This will be me in front of the fire with a pile of beers.

I retired the Victory Pants. Used 'em all up when the Royals won the World Series.

Not sure the Victory Pants can overcome that old idiot snot-faced moron Bob Sutton. Can't believe that blabbering snotty idiot is still here after 6 EFFING YEARS!!!

And it's gonna happen again today because he and Reid are double morons together. Pray that the power of Mahomes can overcome those two boneheads.

No racks. Too much snow and I had to run this morning. This will be me in front of the fire with a pile of beers.

I retired the Victory Pants. Used 'em all up when the Royals won the World Series.

Not sure the Victory Pants can overcome that old idiot snot-faced moron Bob Sutton. Can't believe that blabbering snotty idiot is still here after 6 EFFING YEARS!!!

And it's gonna happen again today because he and Reid are double morons together. Pray that the power of Mahomes can overcome those two boneheads.
:lol:

Good luck today bud

🍻

I-70 is closed in a couple of spots between KC and STL due to multiple vehicle accidents.

I hope the folks driving in from Indy are safe, and already in town....

Go Chiefs!

This crap defense of the Chiefs will haunt them today. And of course there’s good old Andy Reid who’s—correct me if I’m wrong—won one playoff game since Jim Johnson passed away. And that was against a third string qb. 

If any of you have Twitter, you have to follow the Captain Andrew Luck account, if you don't already.  It's hilarious.  

"Dearest mother — I write you as snow falls. The camp has settled down. The men are reflecting on the most meaningful moments of the campaign. They are as humble as they are grateful. Tomorrow shall be our most significant battle yet. We are ready for a fight. I love you. — Andrew"

This one a few days ago:  "Dearest mother — I have received your care package of braised pigeon shins and fresh Squirrel Oil. By way of Chief trickery, the unit lost a day’s travel after reaching Lawrence only to discover Kansas City is actually in Missouri. No bother. Our focus remains unfazed. — Andrew"

https://twitter.com/CaptAndrewLuck

I just realized the Colts lost to the Jets in SB3 50 years ago today :(   I hope this is a bad omen.  I tossed a small TV out my bedroom 2nd floor window that day, then I went to my Boy Scout meeting.  My mother beat the hell out of me over that when I came home.

The Colts have owned the Chiefs in past playoff years and that can't be a good omen either.  I don't feel warm and fuzzy about this game.
Eh look at it this way, it’s the winner of SB V vs the winner of SB IV.

Just saw the field conditions on NFL Network and it didn't look pretty at all.  If the conditions don't change, this game could be 13-10.  

If you are a bettor, bet the Colts in this game.

Until Bob Snotten gets fired, this team will not go anywhere. The worst D Coordinator ever, and he's been here 6 years and was the architect of two collapses in the playoffs. On top of that you have Reid who coaches like a scared pooooooooosay in the playoffs.

This team is so maddening. Love Mahomes and what he brings, but I hate Bob SnottyMcSnotterstein with a passion.

What does it look like for passing game?
Snow was coming in sideways from what I saw.  They said it was not expected to change much throughout the game.  I'm not a weather-person and these guys have probably been wrong more than right.  Maybe the stadium will keep out or block some of the extreme conditions.  

I stand corrected. Breeze is kicking up here now. If the wind picks up half this city will be without power, including myself. A LOT of folks are out of power now.

This snow is wet and heavy - branches are falling all over the place. 

Interesting note: most of the playoff teams had an easy SOS. Colts had a very easy schedule. Only one playoff team had a top 10 schedule: The Chiefs. It makes me think the Colts aren’t as good as many perceive the Chiefs might be better then we even realize.

Good luck to fans here of either team. I don't have a rooting interest, so I'm hoping for a fun game. 

I think it's Chiefs 27 Colts 23

I didn't bet the game but it seems like when a lot of people are on the dog that's when the favorite rises up and wins. Just a gut thing.

I'll be rooting for the winner of Patriots chargers regardless. If the chiefs lose, i'll be rooting for the home team. If the chiefs win, at least the colts lose. Either way i'm happy.  Good luck to fans of both teams and let's hope for a fun game. 

I believe the Colts OL dominate the Chiefs DL and the Colts run the ball well and win time of possession and limit Mahomes’ possessions.  

Kicking to the 1 seems like the thing. Always gives you the chance to back them up or get a hold on returning team.

Users who are viewing this thread