What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It Was 50 Years Ago Today (1 Viewer)

I was so psyched to be seeing Zeppelin for the first time and taking a trip to Philly from NY to do so too. My friend was getting the tickets that day and I was talking about it on the subway ride home from High School. A friend overheard the conversation and thought I was joking. I asked her what she meant and she said "you didn't hear? John Bonham died" I was floored and thought she was the one joking. Didn't believe it. Raced home, turned on the radio and the first thing I heard was Moby **** and I knew... :(

Never saw them live, but my brother probably took me 3-4 times when I was around 9-10 years old to see The Song Remains the Same at the midnight movies. Loved Jimmy Page...

1. paraphrasing The Beatles in a Zep thread title = bad form.

2. the actual release date was not on 1/12. First off, 1/12 was a Sunday (albums were never released on Sundays back then). Second, Atlantic Records had already issued a press release stating that the album would be released on 1/20, so there's almost zero chance that they would have jumped the gun. Also, the major music publications (Billboard, Cashbox, etc.) didn't start mentioning the album until 2/1, and it did not hit the Billboard chart until 2/15. Therefore, the album was most likely issued between 1/20 and 2/10 at the latest.

It was fifty years ago today we saw my Jets win the SB. 

Let's all say it together. 

J-E-T-S. Jets Jets Jets!

Fireman Ed would be proud.  

I saw Page/Plant at The Omni in Atlanta in ‘95.  Best concert I was ever at...was quite stoned but one thing I clearly remember thinking while watching Jimmy Page just jam out was - here was this 50 year old guy just rocking out on stage like age didn’t matter.  That was half my life ago and I identified with him more then than I do now...wow.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. paraphrasing The Beatles in a Zep thread title = bad form.

2. the actual release date was not on 1/12. First off, 1/12 was a Sunday (albums were never released on Sundays back then). Second, Atlantic Records had already issued a press release stating that the album would be released on 1/20, so there's almost zero chance that they would have jumped the gun. Also, the major music publications (Billboard, Cashbox, etc.) didn't start mentioning the album until 2/1, and it did not hit the Billboard chart until 2/15. Therefore, the album was most likely issued between 1/20 and 2/10 at the latest.
Thanks, Ahmet Ertegun.

Users who are viewing this thread