What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now... (4 Viewers)

Jesus this thread is nuts and full of chicken littles 🤣🤣🤣

Wentz still made some bad throws but also demonstrated why he is at times elite. 
You guys blaming Schwartz for crap tackling...I don’t know what to say. That’s not scheme, that’s sh|t playing.
Doug finally made some adjustments with a team that is so depleted that I was wondering if a mystery player was gonna come out of the stands ala WWF. 
Maybe we need to accept that Howie is the worst problem over the last two years and the run of injury luck and A STAGGERING AMOUNT OF DROPPED PASSES is this teams undoing this year. I don’t see how coaching has a ####|n thing to do with PROFESSIONALS forgetting how to do the most fundamental thing they’ve been doing since age 8. 

It’s been a perfect storm of bad things this year but calls to “burn it down” and fire Doug is absurd. Absolutely absurd. 
What is Doug’s record since the Super Bowl?

Is the team getting better or worse?

Are the younger guys getting better or worse?

Who decides if, say, Ronald Darby is a starter or not? 

When you watched Scott last night for instance, did you not question why we sighed back Sproles or Ajayi? How about continuing to play Mack Hollins? 

Im shocked you think it’s absurd. It’s like we’re not even watching the same team. 

the one i will disagree with a lot here is the dumping on Shwartz. Guy held Pats and Seahawks to under 20 points, and the offense screwed them in both those games with bad field position. Fitzmagic seems to literally be Shwartz's kryptonite, but they held up fine against the Giants last night (one of the long bombs was Darby didn't hear the play call).

I wish Shwartz would blitz more at times, but he mixed it well at points in the season. Not sure who they could get better than him at this point
Schwartz is such a volatile coordinator. I get frustrated with him at times and it seems like he doesn't made adjustments. But from a results perspective, he has kept us in plenty of games. Got torched by Fitzpatrick and Cousins but then holds Wilson and Brady to pretty much nothing. Did enough against Rodgers. And this is with half his secondary hurt for the first half of the year. For the money / picks we've invested in the offense, our defense has largely held up its side of the ball.

When you watched Scott last night for instance, did you not question why we sighed back Sproles or Ajayi? How about continuing to play Mack Hollins? 

Im shocked you think it’s absurd. It’s like we’re not even watching the same team. 
You really want to fire Doug after what he’s done his first three years and for what Howie has given him? That’s insane man. Sure there are massive problems with scheme, coaching and especially Howie’s acquisitions but to call for Doug’s head is a joke. This thread winds up as an echo chamber a lot with a few of you. I disagree on getting rid of Doug. I stand by that. 

I guess we aren’t watching the same team. And to be fair I do agree with a lot of your points but not the severity of your reaction. Hopefully the organization learns from this.

I’m done. Enjoy the win man. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm absolutely serious. At this point, they need to sign AB. They literally have no WRs. 
I think it would be a mistake to sign AB (and a pretty massive one).  Yes they are depleted at the position but they just came off a win where some of these young no-names actually made a few big plays.  Carson had a great comeback win where he played magnificent to close it out.  The defense was awesome in the second half and the coaches made adjustments.  I would imagine there is a LOT of unity after a win like that.  That's the type of win that could actually be a launching pad.  Now I have no delusions to think that this team is going anywhere this year but I don't believe for one second that AB suddenly makes them a super bowl team.  But based on last night's win and the performances from some of the young guys, they may have some nice building blocks for the future.  If they can get playoff experience, that would be great for the team.

AB has been tested by 3 teams in the past YEAR.  All 3 of those teams have veteran QBs who tried to establish a relationship with AB.  All 3 failed.  He is an absolute cancer and I hate to think of the effect he could potentially have on Carson (coming off his biggest win of the year).  

Sign anyone else.  Not that guy.  

Doug is 16-15 since the Super Bowl.  Given the injuries, that record does not warrant getting fired.

The easy fix here is to have a bright offensive mind coordinate the offense and let Doug lead, call plays, make adjustments, etc. 

If we go into next year with Groh, I'm gonna be pissed.

Well, Alshon's season appears to be over.  He heard a loud 'pop' last night.  Doug just called it "Significant" so I think there's close to zero chance he's back this year.  Ugh.

Lane has a HAS.  Week to Week.  Doubtful to play this week though, so Big V will start at RT.  Thank god Doug isn't going to try to put Dillard out at RT again.

I wish Peters could move to RT and Dillard could play LT, but Peters might be lost on the right side? 

Well, Alshon's season appears to be over.  He heard a loud 'pop' last night.  Doug just called it "Significant" so I think there's close to zero chance he's back this year.  Ugh.
Let’s assume this injury might Achilles or something quite bad for a receiver already in decline that may be career threatening, is there any way the team can do a settlement or are they on the hook for the entire 2020 season?

Let’s assume this injury might Achilles or something quite bad for a receiver already in decline that may be career threatening, is there any way the team can do a settlement or are they on the hook for the entire 2020 season?
That's what I was wondering.  If it is Achilles then he's done for most of next year too.  We might have to just bite the bullet on that money/cap space.

First half fans- Wentz is has lost it, he misses almost every throw, he’s not the QB of the future, seems hesitant to take leadership.

Second half fans (well DJackson10 mostly)- Wentz is an elite QB.

fickle group for sure. PASSIONATE, but fickle.👍🏼
But that's exactly how he looked in the first half :shrug:

Would rather people discuss and comment and analyze how he looked rather than just have blind love.  He was a completely different QB in the 2nd half.  And that's exactly it with him... he can look really bad out there and then look elite, within the same game.

You really want to fire Doug after what he’s done his first three years and for what Howie has given him? That’s insane man. Sure there are massive problems with scheme, coaching and especially Howie’s acquisitions but to call for Doug’s head is a joke. This thread winds up as an echo chamber a lot with a few of you. I disagree on getting rid of Doug. I stand by that. 

I guess we aren’t watching the same team. And to be fair I do agree with a lot of your points but not the severity of your reaction. Hopefully the organization learns from this.

I’m done. Enjoy the win man. 

Doug is 16-15 since the Super Bowl.  Given the injuries, that record does not warrant getting fired.

The easy fix here is to have a bright offensive mind coordinate the offense and let Doug lead, call plays, make adjustments, etc. 

If we go into next year with Groh, I'm gonna be pissed.
Howie has given him crap 

Doug and company have NOT coached up anyone. Not one person.

Both are true. With that said I’m not saying we fire him now but his seat should be a lot hotter than you’re both letting on. 

Howie has given him crap 

Doug and company have NOT coached up anyone. Not one person.

Both are true. With that said I’m not saying we fire him now but his seat should be a lot hotter than you’re both letting on. 
Until he misses the playoffs in back to back years, I'm ok with him around.  Dude might have his 3rd straight playoff appearance without getting much help at all from the draft/injuries.  Give him a competent OC and he's a great coach.  Without one he is mediocre.  

Still baffled by this defense.  Sure they contained better in the second half but limited pressure, iffy tackling.  Basically the offense kept the ball in the 2nd half and limited their exposure.  Plus horrible play calling by the Giants with no Saquon.  You would think they'd be an auto start vs Washington down Guice and teeing off on Haskins but I dunno.  Trusted them vs the Dolphins and I'm still recovering from that one.  

That's what I was wondering.  If it is Achilles then he's done for most of next year too.  We might have to just bite the bullet on that money/cap space.
I saw a report earlier today that said he tore his achilles, but haven't seen any confirmation of that.

My biggest beef with Doug and his aggressive nature is his calling timeouts before half when the other team has the ball. It's one thing when your defense is a top 5 defense. Or when the other team gets sacked for a 7 yard lose on first down. But calling a TO when the Giants ran for 5 on first down and had 1:41 left on the clock Just doesn't make sense to me. The Giants had 2 timeouts at that point and might have been content with just trying to get into FG position. As it was, the Giants got the first down on the next play and then were able to convert the long pass to Slaton with :35 seconds left for a TD. I think there are times to be aggressive with trying to get another possession and times to wait and see. There is no reason Doug can't be aggressive AND smart.

So any thoughts on what to expect from Wentz @ WAS?
(i'm not optimistic on starting him as WAS def is a little better than we saw from the NYG last night......plus WAS tendency to play slow)

They're on the hook.  Injury settlement isnt gonna apply in this kinda case, and doesn't really relieve the cap anyway - its more a way for a young kid that gets hurt in the preseason to get reimbursed for the time he misses due to the injury because he gets cut.

Eagles Options at Wide Receiver

PRACTICE SQUAD

1. Marcus Green: The speedy wide receiver has been with the practice squad since the start of the season and brings some versatility. He was a sixth-round pick of the Falcons earlier this year.

2. Robert Davis: He’s an athletic, physically impressive option that has been on the practice squad since early October. Davis brings some size (6-3, 210 pounds) and he’s considered one of the more talented practice squad players in the league by some. He’s the most intriguing internal option.

3. Marken Michel: He was one of the Eagles’ stars of OTAs and training camp, coming out of nowhere after a successful tenure in the CFL. Michel, the brother of Patriots running back Sony, had an impressive deep touchdown over Titans corner Adoree Jackson in the preseason. He knows the Eagles playbook, has some speed and return ability, and rejoined the practice squad last week.

FREE AGENCY

4. Jordan Matthews: Go with what you know?

5. Charles Johnson: He was with the Eagles in training camp and has had some productive years in the NFL when he played for the Vikings, though he didn’t show much the first time Philadelphia gave him a shot.

6. Mike Wallace: If he’s healthy and in shape, Wallace is a deep threat who knows the Eagles playbook.

7. Darius Jennings: He’s a returner, too, and the Eagles worked him out recently, along with Michel, meaning they at least wanted to check out what he’s capable of.

8. Bruce Ellington: He’s worked out for the Eagles in the past and has 79 career catches to his name. So, that’s exciting?
ugh. wasn't Dez looking for a team? though Wallace is probably better veteran option than Dez. please no AB talk.

Last edited by a moderator:
what was the official alshon injury?  Just "foot"?
Foot in Mouth?  Isn't there an ointment for that?  Maybe he ate too much and went back to his South Carolina "Plump" physique

No real update since yesterday: NFL.com's Mike Garafolo reports Alshon Jeffery has an injury that’s more significant than Lane Johnson, who is “week to week,” per Doug Pederson. Sounds like that could be it for Jeffery for the #Eagles this season.

RUMOR (no real substance/heard from my brother who lives & knows some people in the area) - AB was in Philly? 

honestly, why not bring in AB at this point?  what is there to lose?  he'll probably get injured on the first play anyway.  perhaps even before the first play, as soon as he puts on the uniform in the locker room.

From what I heard, they were "exporing the idea" but they were being cautious as they don't want to create a PR problem or locker room issue.  

The point my brother made was that the $$ is the issue.  What he wants and what is being offered are "not in same Zip Code" as he put it.  

Not much.  Just the entire locker room.   :shrug:  
seems moot now anyway, but what locker room is there to lose?  this team has been on life support for weeks.  what could be any worse?  the strong vets know what's up and I don't really see why it would be that disruptive.  I'm not saying that I would want him on a lot of teams, but right now, I just don't get what you are losing in a practical sense.

seems moot now anyway, but what locker room is there to lose?  this team has been on life support for weeks.  what could be any worse?  the strong vets know what's up and I don't really see why it would be that disruptive.  I'm not saying that I would want him on a lot of teams, but right now, I just don't get what you are losing in a practical sense.
I agree.  But I understand both sides of this coin....  pursuing him and avoiding him.  But I guess they have a cost/value line on his involvement that he either wants too much or is not likely to benefit them where he is worth the distraction cost. They are in desparate need of WR help.  Ertz & Goedert can only do so much as TE

I agree.  But I understand both sides of this coin....  pursuing him and avoiding him.  But I guess they have a cost/value line on his involvement that he either wants too much or is not likely to benefit them where he is worth the distraction cost. They are in desparate need of WR help.  Ertz & Goedert can only do so much as TE
yeah, that makes sense.  if he's not willing to play for next to nothing, then certainly pass.

It’s still mind boggling to me that they left Ertz wide open on the final play. Like at least make Perkins or Ward catch it. I get it’s not that easy but you’d think they’d tell a guy to sit on Ertz no matter what. 
This was by far the worst coaching failure that I have seen this season. It was glaringly obvious that they were going to Ertz on the final play and yet somehow the Giants D didn't pick him up. It's unreal that highly paid professionals, both players and coaches, can fail so spectacularly at the most basic aspects of football in a prime time game. 

One of my contacts who helped with my Buddy Anthony Betch's Football camp I help out said from his contacts in the league office any Team who Signs AB he's getting suspended from the New York Offices and won't be playing till all investigations are taken care of. In Other words anyone signing AB would be signing and hoping he can play. Howie and Company may have also found word on that but at the same I heard from my Co Worker who's son is an assistant coach. Team Vets had a big meeting when AB was released initially by NE Howie, Lurie, Coach Pederson etc talked to them about AB (Interest and what the team vets said). It was a anonymous "#### AB, He can Pound sand, dude needs help, etc." It was a pretty confident room of We don't want AB even stepping into this city type agreement. 

What sites have you guys had the best luck with buying / selling Eagles tickets?  A friend of mine is trying to sell his but StubHub fees are insane.  I see a couple Eagles ticket exchange groups on Facebook but wondering if there are better options.  Craigslist?  Some other new swap site?  TIA!

Users who are viewing this thread