What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now... (6 Viewers)

if the team was fully healthy than i could side with you and bigboy. But it is hard to judge this team clearly with the amount of injuries they had. I think our DL would be studs if Jernigan and Jackson never got hurt. So maybe they need to get younger across the board, but if they avoid most of these injuries they are in a much better place. 

give this team a healthy DJacks and one of those DTs and i would guess they would be 4-2 right now
If a 32 yr old WR that gets hurt every season, that we just acquired getting hurt sinks us - we're a bad team. We gave Case Keenum a career passing day with Malik here. 

Bigboy, I've never seen you so angry.
Honestly how can you watch the team past 2 years and not say “wtf” every time you watch them? I can’t wrap my head around it 

if the team was fully healthy than i could side with you and bigboy. But it is hard to judge this team clearly with the amount of injuries they had. I think our DL would be studs if Jernigan and Jackson never got hurt. So maybe they need to get younger across the board, but if they avoid most of these injuries they are in a much better place. 

give this team a healthy DJacks and one of those DTs and i would guess they would be 4-2 right now
At this stage almost all teams are dealing with injuries. The Saints had no Brees and no Kamara and faced a Bears team after a bye and smoked them. How can you look at us and make excuses? Look at the GB WR’s today. Look at how many Dallas had on the injury report. Look at Indy after Luck retires. How about Kc After Mahomes gets hurt. Look at NE down Gordon and Gronk. The list goes on and on and on. You know what gets old? Our excuses. Good teams find ways to win. Good coaches make up for deficiencies. MVP QB’s make others better. Are you seeing ANY of those things? Don’t listen to me. Use your own damn eyes. We are all hype. We talk tough but play average. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If they come out flat next week after this ### beating, someone needs to get fired.
Agree.  We gotta beat Buffalo. 

Starting to think maybe I picked the wrong game to come to Philly for this year by choosing the Pats game over the Jets game.  But hey, at least I'll see Tom's last game ever in Philly?  :(

This will be unpopular with a bunch of you but I’m not so sure Wentz wouldn’t flourish if he had been sent away and Foles was kept. I don’t see how he ever gets out from under the shadow of 2017. There is something wrong with this team behind the obvious metrics. A chemistry isssue if you will. Bigboy is finally saying it—I think—Wentz isn’t in the tier of QBs that can make ordinary players elite. He is absolutely not “top three” as many like to say—at least at this point in his career. After that run he had in ‘17 he’s not the same. There is no doubt he’s pressing. If he were somewhere else, who knows? Obviously I’m not saying he should be moved but two years in a row with all this smoke about him not being embraced fully and whatever rot is going on....I don’t know...

I can’t get my head around it. The ananlogy to the 2012 Phillies is spot on. And Howie is playing Rubin to the hilt. 

Maybe this team just couldn’t handle the success of how we won in 2017. All the sh|t talking about not wanting to run the team like NE. Does anyone really feel that way? Player or fan? 

Ive never seen Ray Didinger so pissed on the post game show either. I’m kinda numb. This is stunning to me that I’m not smashing ####. Maybe it’s the one in the bank...hey...we finally may have a great goalie...

It could be worse.  You guys could be the Bears, or the Dolphins, or the Steelers.......
I’ll throw out the Redskins. 

Among other issues our receivers really suck. The fact that we have no young guys to mix in and step up over alligator arms Agholar and Jeffry that looks like a 45 year that’s still celebrating the SB 2 years ago is pretty pathetic. 

100%. The defense as regressed so bad that you’ll have to part with Swartz. I’m a fan of his and think he’s done a good job with his time here overall but not a single unit has gotten better. 
He's done what he could with what he has but he doesn't innovate anything. He just makes do. Groh just sucks. 

He's done what he could with what he has but he doesn't innovate anything. He just makes do. Groh just sucks. 
Yep. The argument can definitely be made that he hasn’t had the players and that would be correct. You’re 100% right though, he has done nothing creative at all. 

Not sure if it was mentioned or not (I'm still in a daze) bit Agholor short arming that deep ball was the last straw for him. You can only goto the well so many times for a guy. I hope the Peterson trade goes through because he need to GTFO. 

Not sure if it was mentioned or not (I'm still in a daze) bit Agholor short arming that deep ball was the last straw for him. You can only goto the well so many times for a guy. I hope the Peterson trade goes through because he need to GTFO. 
Instead of drafting a speed guy you need. We chose to keep him and pay him 9 million and he’s done nothing. That New England HC cuts him immediately following this game  

This is also where a great QB puts the ball right in the bread basket too. He was WIDE OPEN!

It took the Phillies 5 years to ruin the good feelings of the World Series. Eagles have done it in 1.5 years.

It took the Phillies 5 years to ruin the good feelings of the World Series. Eagles have done it in 1.5 years.
What’s scary is that what do you do when the good guys like Brooks, Kelce, Cox, Graham, Jenkins, Jeffery etc all break down completely or slip? What do you have than?

What’s scary is that what do you do when the good guys like Brooks, Kelce, Cox, Graham, Jenkins, Jeffery etc all break down completely or slip? What do you have than?
At this point I hope they don't trade for Peterson. That another aging "Star". Yea he'd be better but he's not a long term solution. Go get Chris Harris for maybe a 3rd or 4th and make do for the year. We need our firsts. 

At this point I hope they don't trade for Peterson. That another aging "Star". Yea he'd be better but he's not a long term solution. Go get Chris Harris for maybe a 3rd or 4th and make do for the year. We need our firsts. 
I’m back to they can’t trade any picks for anyone else’s scraps. 

Its draft better or die at this point. 

It's both. Players are bad. Scheme is bad. Losing to Atlanta wasn't an anomaly. It's what we are. 

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1186286801104855042

perfect example. All those guys, no one can get home. And on top, we're no where near the receiver, so its a super easy catch. 
And it’s things like that which give me pause about firing Swartz. It doesn’t matter who you have as DC, that play doesn’t change. 

Seems like the Graham/Cox/Jeffery's of the team got content after the Super Bowl win.......alot of big money not performing and not sure we have the young talent to step in. I still think we can come back and win the division but man I had higher hopes coming into this year. 

Not an Eagles fan but a Wentz owner for the first time.  This is an unpopular inquiry.  But wouldn't it make sense for the team to trade Ertz for a starting caliber WR?  I get the fan base and Ertz.  You might be able to trade Goedert instead of Ertz but the return will be less due to name value.  Your immediate first reaction might be no.  And the team needs CBs right now.  But to compete in the NFC you need more than Alshon.

Not an Eagles fan but a Wentz owner for the first time.  This is an unpopular inquiry.  But wouldn't it make sense for the team to trade Ertz for a starting caliber WR?  I get the fan base and Ertz.  You might be able to trade Goedert instead of Ertz but the return will be less due to name value.  Your immediate first reaction might be no.  And the team needs CBs right now.  But to compete in the NFC you need more than Alshon.
I was not for trading Ertz as much as 2 weeks ago. Now after to seeing how everyone is playing, #### sentimentality. Trade Ertz. Get a player in here. We need younger, faster players and soon. 

They took a big hit losing D Jackson. Agholor is just garbage.

PHI still has enough talent to win Any Given Sunday.  That being said, they're pretenders at best....with a chance for it to get REALLY bad if they don't right the ship.  

Super Bowl gives Doug another year or two to figure this out but I have to think Lurie is moving on by 2021 if this is still happening.

Users who are viewing this thread