What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now... (8 Viewers)

Now with all that said, why would the Jets want to part with him while trying to develop a second year QB? It’s definitely not due to their abundance or talent at WR. 
it's a good question, but the rumors suggest that he is on the block, for whatever that is worth.

also, totally new front office and coaching staff from who picked him, so maybe they just don't see him in their plans moving forward, especially signing him to a new contract.

it's a good question, but the rumors suggest that he is on the block, for whatever that is worth.

also, totally new front office and coaching staff from who picked him, so maybe they just don't see him in their plans moving forward, especially signing him to a new contract.
If he’s as talented as the OP said and worth dealing for there’s literally no reason for the Jets to deal him. As soon as we’re rumored to get a guy they’re inflated. 

Anderson is garbage IMO. He’s a 26/27 year old 4.3 6’3 (Those guys are almost ALWAYS drafted) that wasn’t drafted. Since being drafted wasn’t a fixture in their line up with other trash WR’s around him. He’s the same age as Agholor with worse numbers. Same numbers are on a 3 year decline playing for a team needing WR’s and they don’t even want him. 

We talk ourselves into fools gold all the time. 

If he’s as talented as the OP said and worth dealing for there’s literally no reason for the Jets to deal him. As soon as we’re rumored to get a guy they’re inflated. 

Anderson is garbage IMO. He’s a 26/27 year old 4.3 6’3 (Those guys are almost ALWAYS drafted) that wasn’t drafted. Since being drafted wasn’t a fixture in their line up with other trash WR’s around him. He’s the same age as Agholor with worse numbers. Same numbers are on a 3 year decline playing for a team needing WR’s and they don’t even want him. 

Good players get traded all the time. Look what Cooper did for Dallas.

Robby can ball. The Jets aren't going to give him away, though.

The market suggests it'll take some nice compensation, but I'd argue he would very likely be a difference-maker for you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maybe the Jets just aren't smart football people? 

Any thought you can get Robby for a bargain isn't realistic. You're going to have to pay up.

That said, guys who are 6'3" & run in the 4.3s are as rare as hen's teeth. He can play, too.

Robby is one of the best kept secrets in the league, IMO.

Good players get traded all the time. Look what Cooper did for Dallas.

Robby can ball. The Jets aren't going to give him away, though.

The market suggests it'll take some nice compensation, but I'd argue he would very likely be a difference-maker for you guys.
Cooper’s price reflected his talent. In addition to that he was younger and cost controlled. 

Robbie can ball—show me. 

The market doesn’t suggest that at all either. He’s a FA who hasn’t done anything on a WR needy team and he’s available. The market suggests he’s bad. 

Robby was part of my championship run end of last season.  I watched him play.  He can ball.  Is there recency bias here?  Remember he has a near 1000 yard season with 7 TDs under his resume in 2017.  That was with Josh McCown at QB.  This isn't a question of the Jets doubting his talent.  He is on the last year of his contract.  Still only 26 about to enter his prime.  He will have multi year offers and the Jets can't afford him.  He is the perfect trade chip knowing that he will walk.

The Eagles offense is the slowest offense in the league.  Front office has to acknowledge signing DJax was a bust.  I even question why he wasn't put on IR because we're now in week 8 and he isn't even practicing.

Wentz throwing to Robby stretching the field is a perfect match.  Make it happen because the 2nd half schedule is a thing of beauty.

If you can tolerate that clown Bayless, Scandrick was on today and sharing his thoughts on the team. He's pretty bitter, but might be interesting. I honestly couldn't get through the whole thing because Bayless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL0oPenG0dQ
yeah, he sounds bitter:   https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27926556/orlando-scandrick-rips-eagles-gm-being-released

all i can remember from Scandrick is that 1st TD against Dallas where he literally watched Austin stroll into the endzone. So i take his thoughts with a grain of salt, though he very well could be right too

Cooper’s price reflected his talent. In addition to that he was younger and cost controlled. 

Robbie can ball—show me. 

The market doesn’t suggest that at all either. He’s a FA who hasn’t done anything on a WR needy team and he’s available. The market suggests he’s bad. 
We all have our opinions, but I'm quite confident you're wrong about him.

Just what Robby did as a raw 2nd year WR in that offense was the first clue he could play & had a high ceiling (2017). Robby even showed out a bit as an undrafted rookie the year before which is very rare. Remember, he didn't start playing WR until his sophomore season at Temple.

The bottom line is 31 teams screwed up not drafting him.

I think the question is what are the Eagles willing to give up for Robby who might not be on the team next year. I think they'd do it for a 4th but a 3rd might be too much for them. 

We all have our opinions, but I'm quite confident you're wrong about him.

Just what Robby did as a raw 2nd year WR in that offense was the first clue he could play & had a high ceiling (2017). Robby even showed out a bit as an undrafted rookie the year before which is very rare. Remember, he didn't start playing WR until his sophomore season at Temple.

The bottom line is 31 teams screwed up not drafting him.
Citing accomplishments from 2 years ago is never a good start to explaining why someone is good now. As it stands now, his ceiling is 2017. And 31 teams can have him now apparently. 

I think the question is what are the Eagles willing to give up for Robby who might not be on the team next year. I think they'd do it for a 4th but a 3rd might be too much for them. 
We gave a 3 for Tate who was WAYYYYYYYYYYY more established as a player, in every aspect, compared to Anderson. 

We gave a 3 for Tate who was WAYYYYYYYYYYY more established as a player, in every aspect, compared to Anderson. 
Anderson gives some speed to the Eagles which they desperately need. I get it man, you are much lower on Robby than me and others on here. Agree to disagree.

Citing accomplishments from 2 years ago is never a good start to explaining why someone is good now. As it stands now, his ceiling is 2017. And 31 teams can have him now apparently. 

Well, to that I'd say Robby was one of the top WRs the last part of 2018 once Darnold came back in week 14. As far as this season, he simply hasn't had a chance with the slop they've been running out there at QB. Even Darnold has been terrible (save the Dallas game).

Robby is better than anyone you have right now by a wide margin (not even close).

Well, to that I'd say Robby was one of the top WRs the last part of 2018 once Darnold came back in week 14. As far as this season, he simply hasn't had a chance with the slop they've been running out there at QB. Even Darnold has been terrible (save the Dallas game).

Robby is better than anyone you have right now by a wide margin (not even close).
1. “One of the top WR’s” averaged 5-84 with 3 TD’s in this 4 games. 

2. He has had a chance with the slop. But he can’t beat the slop out on that same team to earn consistent starts. 

3. Robby is the 3rd best WR on his own team that is looking to get rid of a “star” so they can play Crowder and Demarius Thomas. 

2. He has had a chance with the slop. But he can’t beat the slop out on that same team to earn consistent starts. 

3. Robby is the 3rd best WR on his own team that is looking to get rid of a “star” so they can play Crowder and Demarius Thomas. 
When you're WR5 in FF (standard) from week 14 on with a rookie QB, you're doing something. That's the bottom line.

And if you think Robby is the 3rd best WR on the Jets, you need to watch all three play.

No, and I don't particularly care for Anderson as a receiver. The bolded is factually incorrect. He starts. They're also not looking to feature Crowder and Thomas at the expense of Anderson, Anderson is their field stretcher...

With that in mind:

Guys that stretch the field and have huge aDOTs also have fewer targets along with with it, plus lower completion rates.

Anderson burned through the last games last year in standard. It was around a 14 PPG showing. Not bad at all. 

I think the truth about Anderson lies somewhere in the middle of all this.

I think he's a good receiver already, with the potential to be a very good receiver, but probably not a future star (he's already 26, and in any case the Jets wouldn't be shopping a future superstar when they're trying to develop a 22-year-old franchise QB). That said, the Eagles don't need a Randy Moss - they just need an average fundamental WR who's also a blazer, because when your passing game lacks any vertical element at all, you become absurdly easy to game-plan against. Anderson will make Alshon and Ertz more productive just by stepping onto the field with them.

I think Manny Sanders is a better fundamental WR than Anderson, but I would take Robby on the 2019 Eagles 100 times out of 100 over him. Would I go the 3+4 price the Niners paid? Maybe. Anderson's up for a new contract, so even if he balls out and the Birds can't afford to keep him, they'd likely get the 3 back in 2021 anyway. (That's the exact calculus Howie had in mind when he traded for Tate, so don't think it wouldn't be a consideration here.)

I think it's way more likely we trade for the future, rather than the present, if we trade at all. Not saying we are "sellers" per se, but moving a non-essential piece like Big V or Agholor for draft picks is probably what we do, instead of trading picks for a player. 

I just don't see the expendable pieces of this team, even if you include a draft pick in there, being able to bring you back someone that will be more than a rental (or even a worthy rental that at least gets you a decent comp pick if they bolt.) 

When you're WR5 in FF (standard) from week 14 on with a rookie QB, you're doing something. That's the bottom line.

And if you think Robby is the 3rd best WR on the Jets, you need to watch all three play.
Yes. You’re playing in a lot of garbage time and catching a TD per game. Look at him before and after that 4 game stretch. What’s more indicative of who he is? The larger sample size obviously. 

I can’t say it enough. The Jets aren’t getting rid of a “star” WR with a second year QB. This isn’t a bargain or a steal for a team. It’s someone else’s garbage. 

No, and I don't particularly care for Anderson as a receiver. The bolded is factually incorrect. He starts. They're also not looking to feature Crowder and Thomas at the expense of Anderson, Anderson is their field stretcher...

With that in mind:

Guys that stretch the field and have huge aDOTs also have fewer targets along with with it, plus lower completion rates.

Anderson burned through the last games last year in standard. It was around a 14 PPG showing. Not bad at all. 
I’m talking his career there. In his career there, with crap around him, he has struggled to get consistent starts. And when he has he has done little to nothing with them. 

His career literally mirrors Agholor’s. Want to know why we want this one? Cause no one has seen him play cause no one watches the Jets lol

That said, the Eagles don't need a Randy Moss - they just need an average fundamental WR who's also a blazer, because when your passing game lacks any vertical element at all, you become absurdly easy to game-plan against. Anderson will make Alshon and Ertz more productive just by stepping onto the field with them.
That’s putting it far to simple. What we NEED is a defense that can stop putting us behind. We need a defense that can get a turnover or great a short field. We need one that applies pressure.  We need WR’s that can catch. We don’t need a Robby Anderson. It would be a luxury but definitely not a need  

If memory serves the offense was averaging over 28 PPG heading into the Dallas game. We have plenty on offense. 

Just can’t start making a Golden Tate move every year because we can’t draft. That has to end. 

Robby Anderson is better than nelson.  That said even if we traded for him I dont think he helps us much.

Put me in the camp that thinks a guy like Anderson would be a HUGE BOON to this offense. They desperately need a deep threat...would help Alshon AND the running game. We saw how explosive the Eagles looked in week one with DeSean stretching the field

If you can tolerate that clown Bayless, Scandrick was on today and sharing his thoughts on the team. He's pretty bitter, but might be interesting. I honestly couldn't get through the whole thing because Bayless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL0oPenG0dQ
I can tolerate skip more then most people Scandrick is a clown seems like he's one of those once a Cowturd always a Cowturn guys. Maybe he's the mole and just regurgitating what wass said last year 

Robby Anderson is better than nelson.  That said even if we traded for him I dont think he helps us much.
Go on. I’d love to hear what he’s better at. Admittedly I haven’t watched hardly any Jets games and I’m gonna safely assume not many here have either. So we are making this statement based on.....? It’s guess work. And everything we have to go off of says it’s not good. 

Bigboy is as salty as I’ve ever seen. He’s taking this season harder than any of us I think. And hey speaking of the occasionally salty, where’s Junior been? 
I’m not though. Just tired of us “needing to trade” for this guy or that one. And just because we want them they’re all of a sudden “good”, “have great potential” or would “correct our offense” etc. it’s crazy talk. We traded for a guy coming off of what, 3-4 straight 90-1000-4 seasons and how did he look? But THIS guy won’t be like that. Nah, he’s what we need to correct our offense lol

Put me in the camp that thinks a guy like Anderson would be a HUGE BOON to this offense. They desperately need a deep threat...would help Alshon AND the running game. We saw how explosive the Eagles looked in week one with DeSean stretching the field
The fountain of youth can only help Alshon get open at this point. He’s slow and bitter. Guess he’s kinda like me :lmao:

And remind me again, in week 1 who did we look explosive against? 

JetMaxx said:
Fletch apparently likes to mess with other guy’s girls. He’s a great DT but a trash human who had a rough night, can’t say it wasn’t deserved. 
A year or so ago wasn't there another story of a girl from NC or something he saw during the trip to face the Panthers? Guy filed a lawsuit and Cox claimed the girl told him she was divorced or at least separated from her husband which was apparently news to the husband. He also found texts from Cox saying he wanted to get his wife Pregnant. He sued Cox for his wife Divorcing him or something but all this info came out the dude was garbage human being? 

However according to crossing broad the dude who trashed his house this time is a Dallas Fan. Also the guy is an ex of the girl and there was already a restraining order against the clown. And Holy #### I know this clown or at least his name. My Cousin played football at East Stroudsburg. Left well prior to this guy playing there but goes up ofter as he's good friends with Jimmy Terwillinger who was his QB at the time. Mike Jimmys dad is the OC for the School so my cousin goes back often. I remember this name of the guy they are saying in this. More or less the dude ws dumb as rocks there. Decent Football player. 

Do they come back like at GB? Honestly, I’m not feeling it. I’m worried they get smashed. And if they do, the death spiral is on. 

I hope im wrong....
That buf def is real.  The best unit in this game.  We cant score and cant stop anybody.  Have to hope Allen gives us some turnovers.

That buf def is real.  The best unit in this game.  We cant score and cant stop anybody.  Have to hope Allen gives us some turnovers.
Agreed. This team just reminds me more and more of the 2012 Phillies where it all came apart. Only difference, Wentz isn’t old obviously. But I maintain my conviction that he would be better off somewhere else. I don’t see how he ever gets out of the shadow of 2017. It’s kinda absurd and unfair but it is what it is...

Agreed. This team just reminds me more and more of the 2012 Phillies where it all came apart. Only difference, Wentz isn’t old obviously. But I maintain my conviction that he would be better off somewhere else. I don’t see how he ever gets out of the shadow of 2017. It’s kinda absurd and unfair but it is what it is...
He still has time.  The team around him seems to be falling apart though and the coaches need to start getting creative or they need to be replaced.  What really sucks is we are bad everywhere.  They dont have one unit playing well right now.  

This team only plays when their backs are against the wall. We win. 18-13. With the wind gusting to 50mph, it's going to be ugly.

Users who are viewing this thread