What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now... (3 Viewers)

Like I said, run the ball a lot.  That defense is really good when they get up early and opposing teams stop running.  Last night that didn't happen and they lost.  If we win the coinflip, don't defer.  Come out and score right away.  

The other thing is that Brady looked pretty skittish last night.  We need to get some touches on him early.  Baltimore seemed like they were blitzing every other snap and it was affecting Brady.  I know we don't blitz, but for the love of god, ####### blitz!

I think Dougie alluded in his press conference that DeSean was the one early on that didnt want the surgery. We don't know how hard the Eagles staff did or did not press him on it.

I think Dougie alluded in his press conference that DeSean was the one early on that didnt want the surgery. We don't know how hard the Eagles staff did or did not press him on it.
I guess.  Just seems like a massive #### up here on someone's part.

The decision to have him come back before the bye is going to be criticized like crazy and it should be. 
Nah, I think it was a good move. 6 weeks is enough time for it to have healed. He didn't reinjure it, he just needed the surgery all along. At least now there's a chance he could come back if needed in the playoffs, You wait till after the bye - guarantee the same damn thing happens, except now its two weeks later he's getting the surgery..

I get it, he sucks but it’s starting to get out of hand with the criticism of him. When Jackson is healthy he was our 4 and 5 when JJAW was getting playing time early on. A lot of teams 4 and 5 WR’s suck. 
The bigger issues, imo, is that our 2nd round pick can't get on the field and our front office didn't make a move ahead of the deadline nor did they pick up a speed receiver for free off of waivers. Hence, we're stuck with our WR4 who can't even get a target.

I think they view JJ as backing up Jeffrey?

And maybe the problem is that your outside WR at the Z spot is the 7th read? Defenses aren't every going to respect that position in the slightest if its not even part of the read. I get it, he's not as good as the other options - but occasionally ya gotta throw a play where whoever is lined up there is the 1st or 2nd option.

Your GM passed up on Josh Gordon and put all his eggs into DJax.  COME ON!  As a Wentz owner I am furious at your franchise.  WTF???

Moving forward, there are WRs on FA that can come in and be field stretchers or difference makers:

Antonio Brown, age 31

Kevin White, age 27

Michael Crabtree, age 32

Dez Bryant, age 31

Eagles fans before you dismiss this list, any of these FAs are better than Nelson A.

Last edited by a moderator:
The bigger issues, imo, is that our 2nd round pick can't get on the field and our front office didn't make a move ahead of the deadline nor did they pick up a speed receiver for free off of waivers. Hence, we're stuck with our WR4 who can't even get a target.
It blows my mind. And they all had to know that Desean wasn't healing like he should have. He was a 'maybe next week' for five weeks.  We saw teams waving players like Emanual Sanders, Robbie Anderson, Mohammed Sanu, AJ Green, and a freebie in Josh Gordon and Howie and Doug came to the conclusion that Jefferey, Hollins, and Agholar were good enough.  I can't imagine how pissed off Wentz must be.  The entire team should be. 

Your GM passed up on Josh Gordon and put all his eggs into DJax.  COME ON!  As a Wentz owner I am furious at your franchise.  WTF???

Moving forward, there are WRs on FA that can come in and be field stretchers or difference makers:

Antonio Brown, age 31

Kevin White, age 27

Michael Crabtree, age 32

Dez Bryant, age 31

Eagles fans before you dismiss this list, any of these FAs are better than Nelson A.
Crabtree possibly. No on the others. 

I'd like to see them bring in Moncrief too.

Antonio Brown, age 31

Kevin White, age 27

Michael Crabtree, age 32

Dez Bryant, age 31

None of those wr are speed guys.

And they are all out of the league because they are either old, suck or are crazy.  No thanks

I didn’t see game, djax came out after one play? He’s so unreliable it’s brutal.....even more brutal is none of the young WR stepping up. 
He was in the first Series looked like every play. Then he was out with what they initially reported an equipment issue. The Core injury he made worse and now it's completely torn off the bone. He should've just had the surgery when it initially happened. 

JJAW being nowhere near ready is a problem. He was a 2nd round pick and can't get on the field??
I was really excited about that pick too. I don't know what's wrong with him. Is it maybe he's not getting enough reps with Wentz, not understanding the playbook? Maybe just coaches not feeling he's ready? It's weird 

It's mind boggling that the eagles passed on Josh Gordon. With Alshon regressing to an average to below-average receiver, he would easily be our best receiver. And it wouldn't have cost us anything.  If he relapses and pees hot after 4 games, so what? What was lost?  He's got a drug addiction but he's a hard worker and he's not a locker room problem. It's very frustrating watching other contenders snatch up guys like Jalen Ramsey and Emmanual Sanders, but at least you can take consolation that we didn't give up draft capital.  But allowing Seattle to add Gordon to their roster when Wentz' only weapons are Ertz, Goedart, and Sanders is infuriating.

That said, nice win yesterday. Bears defense is legit and are currently #1 in the league on third down and in the red zone. Over 400 yards of offense, running for 150, and possessing the ball over 40 minutes are all excellent stats. 
I asked my buddy about Gordon. The team just didn't feel comfortable bringing him in. There's concerns he was dogging plays in NE among other issues. The talent is there but they didn't want to bring in a guy who could rub off on the young guys in a bad way. Gordon's issues are more then just a few pot busts apparently. No one in the NFL seems to want to elaborate on them. I believe he was late for a meeting or two in NE over the last few weeks. 

I feel we have a great chance against NE provided Doug commits to the run game. Our line could smash this “historic” defense. Stanley is proving to be much better than anticipated in run blocking (and I’m happy to eat crow on that point). Howard should be a focal point and ya know what? You see how well Lamar did last night? Our #11 is no slouch as an athlete either. If ever the team was gonna take the reigns off Wentz maybe having designed runs and more running opportunities—this would be it. 
I'm not big on calling them that. NE had one of the easiest schedules to start the season. They got Lucky playing some terrible teams and The Steelers look like they were no where close to what people thought. Granted they have had no Big Ben since the 2nd half of the game in Week 2 but they looked bad in both games he even played in as well. Bal greatly exposed their weaknesses and NE offensive line is pretty bad we should easily with our Front 4 dominate them in the trenches on both sides. The Secondary is a question mark here still but the better QB for us (Wentz compared to Foles) is playing this time. Just keep the game plan simple and see what from the SB worked then works still and change what doesn't. Don't try to outsmart yourself because thats what NE gets teams to do. 

Ya, some heads in the medical department need to roll here.  Have that surgery week 2!
Our medical staff spent too much time with the 76ers Med people the last few yrs it looks like. Both Med staffs are highly questionable and we've also had 2 former players including Jordan Mathews go after the staff 

Antonio Brown, age 31

Kevin White, age 27

Michael Crabtree, age 32

Dez Bryant, age 31

AB: He needs to be in a psychological ward not playing football. Jesus people come on. Just stop enabling this guy. He has terrible reaction to his post concussions

Kevin White: How many games will he play till he's out for the year? He might stub his toe in Practice and be out the rest of the year

Crabtree: Might be the only guy I'd consider

Dez: Already gone the former Cowturd route and once they were let go started talking #### on the team. He also hasn't played in 2 yrs. 

None of these guys should be considered besides maybe Crabtree

Our medical staff spent too much time with the 76ers Med people the last few yrs it looks like. Both Med staffs are highly questionable and we've also had 2 former players including Jordan Mathews go after the staff 
This is one of those over exaggerated things. Medical staff will give you options like any other doctor. I’m sure surgery was definitely offered as an option but you can’t make the player do it if they chose to rehab it. 

This is one of those over exaggerated things. Medical staff will give you options like any other doctor. I’m sure surgery was definitely offered as an option but you can’t make the player do it if they chose to rehab it. 
Depends. Players say they are fine all the time but aren't. Just look at the concussions. Players can blame coaches and orgs all they want but a lot of those guys themselves choose to play knowing they probably shouldn't have. 

I'm not big on calling them that. NE had one of the easiest schedules to start the season. They got Lucky playing some terrible teams and The Steelers look like they were no where close to what people thought. Granted they have had no Big Ben since the 2nd half of the game in Week 2 but they looked bad in both games he even played in as well. Bal greatly exposed their weaknesses and NE offensive line is pretty bad we should easily with our Front 4 dominate them in the trenches on both sides. The Secondary is a question mark here still but the better QB for us (Wentz compared to Foles) is playing this time. Just keep the game plan simple and see what from the SB worked then works still and change what doesn't. Don't try to outsmart yourself because thats what NE gets teams to do. 
I agree 100%. That’s why historic is in quotes. Sarcasm 😉

I do think we need to relax a bit. The win yesterday was pretty damn impressive. That was a top 5 defense that we moved up and down the field on methodically. We shortened the game. We minimized the chances the opposing team could exploit our weakness on defense and played from ahead the whole game. It was close but they got 2 big strikes on us and we still won by 8. 

No turnovers. 40 minutes of possession. And there's still room for improvement. Glass half full here. We have a formula on how to win. 

I do think we need to relax a bit. The win yesterday was pretty damn impressive. That was a top 5 defense that we moved up and down the field on methodically. We shortened the game. We minimized the chances the opposing team could exploit our weakness on defense and played from ahead the whole game. It was close but they got 2 big strikes on us and we still won by 8. 

No turnovers. 40 minutes of possession. And there's still room for improvement. Glass half full here. We have a formula on how to win. 
True.  Bears offense definitely sucks right now, but our defense played great overall.  

Still dont get the lack of moves before the deadline though.  To totally ignore wr and something for the defense seems criminal to me.  Yes I know they traded for that young de but cmon they probably could have done something more.  

It was definitely an odd game for sure. They cane out exactly how I wanted but faltered late and looked like they did in past weeks. 

If Montgomery catches that screen who knows what happens. 

Still dont get the lack of moves before the deadline though.  To totally ignore wr
We have like the 3rd highest paid WR unit and spent a 2 on a WR. You have to completely understand why they didn’t. 

I agree about the defense though but they did get Avery and I want to see more of him. He can move. 

So now that the DeSean let down is final when he hits IR is Greg Ward the replacement? Any serviceable options out there at all? It’s not like it has to be a stud to make an impact on this roster. 

We have like the 3rd highest paid WR unit and spent a 2 on a WR. You have to completely understand why they didn’t. 

I agree about the defense though but they did get Avery and I want to see more of him. He can move. 
Guy was in on 3 plays. Had 3 tackles and 1/2 sack. Need to play him a lot more.

So now that the DeSean let down is final when he hits IR is Greg Ward the replacement? Any serviceable options out there at all? It’s not like it has to be a stud to make an impact on this roster. 
I say promote Ward and sign JMatt. 

Yeah protect the football and get a running game going. Seems like exactly what we've said here for weeks on time 

Users who are viewing this thread