Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Insein

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Dallas INSISTS Eagles take division; Eagles thinking it over...

17 minutes ago, Insein said:

I do think we need to relax a bit. The win yesterday was pretty damn impressive. That was a top 5 defense that we moved up and down the field on methodically. We shortened the game. We minimized the chances the opposing team could exploit our weakness on defense and played from ahead the whole game. It was close but they got 2 big strikes on us and we still won by 8. 

No turnovers. 40 minutes of possession. And there's still room for improvement. Glass half full here. We have a formula on how to win. 

True.  Bears offense definitely sucks right now, but our defense played great overall.  

Still dont get the lack of moves before the deadline though.  To totally ignore wr and something for the defense seems criminal to me.  Yes I know they traded for that young de but cmon they probably could have done something more.  

50 minutes ago, Insein said:

I do think we need to relax a bit. The win yesterday was pretty damn impressive. That was a top 5 defense that we moved up and down the field on methodically. We shortened the game. We minimized the chances the opposing team could exploit our weakness on defense and played from ahead the whole game. It was close but they got 2 big strikes on us and we still won by 8. 

No turnovers. 40 minutes of possession. And there's still room for improvement. Glass half full here. We have a formula on how to win. 

It was definitely an odd game for sure. They cane out exactly how I wanted but faltered late and looked like they did in past weeks. 

If Montgomery catches that screen who knows what happens. 

32 minutes ago, need2know said:

Still dont get the lack of moves before the deadline though.  To totally ignore wr

We have like the 3rd highest paid WR unit and spent a 2 on a WR. You have to completely understand why they didn’t. 

I agree about the defense though but they did get Avery and I want to see more of him. He can move. 

So now that the DeSean let down is final when he hits IR is Greg Ward the replacement? Any serviceable options out there at all? It’s not like it has to be a stud to make an impact on this roster. 

21 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

We have like the 3rd highest paid WR unit and spent a 2 on a WR. You have to completely understand why they didn’t. 

I agree about the defense though but they did get Avery and I want to see more of him. He can move. 

Guy was in on 3 plays. Had 3 tackles and 1/2 sack. Need to play him a lot more.

10 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

So now that the DeSean let down is final when he hits IR is Greg Ward the replacement? Any serviceable options out there at all? It’s not like it has to be a stud to make an impact on this roster. 

I say promote Ward and sign JMatt. 

2 hours ago, Insein said:

Yeah protect the football and get a running game going. Seems like exactly what we've said here for weeks on time 

1 hour ago, need2know said:

True.  Bears offense definitely sucks right now, but our defense played great overall.  

Still dont get the lack of moves before the deadline though.  To totally ignore wr and something for the defense seems criminal to me.  Yes I know they traded for that young de but cmon they probably could have done something more.  

I don't think they want to give up the draft capital at this point. If we had more picks maybe. We are in a bit of a cap issue (Not dire) where I don't think they want to ad anyone longterm who isn't young and on a huge deal. 

57 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Lets put it this way whoever is on the streets, you, me or my Cousin who has lower level Receiver experience in College would be just as good coming in for the next few weeks. However former player options and all I'd take Greg Ward or Marken Micheal over what is on the street. Both know the system and won't have to spend 2-3 weeks getting it down 

5 hours ago, JuniorNB said:

Crabtree possibly. No on the others. 

I'd like to see them bring in Moncrief too.

actually wouldnt mind kicking the tires on White. Hes got ernough speed to threaten anyway. Crabtree wouldn't add much

4 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

F it. Sign Brown

I hope you're joking

• Like 2

9 hours ago, fred_1_15301 said:

I hope you're joking

Sadly some people are calling for him here in town. I don't think people understand. Yes he doesn't have a suspension right now but once he joins a team, the NFL is going to hit him with something. The Pats don't just drop a dude that can help them on the field unless they ####ed up and can't play. He's out because he will be suspended at least 4-6 games when he comes back anywhere.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Insein said:

Sadly some people are calling for him here in town. I don't think people understand. Yes he doesn't have a suspension right now but once he joins a team, the NFL is going to hit him with something. The Pats don't just drop a dude that can help them on the field unless they ####ed up and can't play. He's out because he will be suspended at least 4-6 games when he comes back anywhere.

Much like Gordon and Kaepernick etc they’re just names people are familiar with. Brown’s career is over but that won’t stop people clamoring for him to be brought back just like Ocho and T.O. were for years. 

No fixing our WR issues in 2019. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Much like Gordon and Kaepernick etc they’re just names people are familiar with. Brown’s career is over but that won’t stop people clamoring for him to be brought back just like Ocho and T.O. were for years. 

No fixing our WR issues in 2019. 

If his career is over, it isn't because of talent.  

Me: No Way would I want that psycho Antonio Brown. He's gone completely crazy.

:If Eagles sign Brown:

Me :Holy crap. Wentz has Antonio Brown to throw to. One of the top 3 receivers in the game. Super Bowl, here we come! 

• Laughing 1

1 hour ago, Snotbubbles said:

If his career is over, it isn't because of talent.  

That was argued with everyone else I mentioned. We have all been watching this game long enough to know it’s not based on talent alone 

1 hour ago, JuniorNB said:

Me: No Way would I want that psycho Antonio Brown. He's gone completely crazy.

:If Eagles sign Brown:

Me :Holy crap. Wentz has Antonio Brown to throw to. One of the top 3 receivers in the game. Super Bowl, here we come! 

I put the over/under at 1 week before he turns on Wentz and/or management because they lightly criticized the color of his socks (or something to that effect).  

Edited by fred_1_15301
  • Like 1

Just now, fred_1_15301 said:

I put the over/under at 1 week before he turns on Wentz and/or management because they lightly criticized the color of his socks (or something to that effect).  

I agree.  I honestly don't want him here. What's scary about Brown is he wet his entire career without being a problem. Then he had that incident last season where he threw the water cooler. It seemed way out character to me, but it was  a peak of things to come.  This preseason was seriously liek watching a mental patient descend farther and farther by the day.  Something happened inside Brown's head over the past year or so. Those things don't tend to heal themselves.

49 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

I agree.  I honestly don't want him here. What's scary about Brown is he wet his entire career without being a problem. Then he had that incident last season where he threw the water cooler. It seemed way out character to me, but it was  a peak of things to come.  This preseason was seriously liek watching a mental patient descend farther and farther by the day.  Something happened inside Brown's head over the past year or so. Those things don't tend to heal themselves.

Vontaze Burfict happened

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, steelwind said:

Jordan Mathews in for a physical.  Does this help Wentz owners?  WR3 ros if signed?

https://mobile.twitter.com/jimmykempski/status/1191781018069540864?s=21

He's another reliable guy to catch balls in the 10-25 range at least. Less Hollins out there. Will make the defense have to defend another body. 

Also Carolina needs to move on from that injury prone QB. Never gonna amount to anything.

Wow, Torey Smith, Mike Wallace, Jordan Matthews, Jordy Nelson and Antonio Brown all scheduled to work out with the team during the bye. 

3 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Wow, Torey Smith, Mike Wallace, Jordan Matthews, Jordy Nelson and Antonio Brown all scheduled to work out with the team during the bye. 

I think it's former Cardinal J.J. Nelson.  Not Jordy

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fred_1_15301 said:

yeah but that week before the 1st game would be a ton of fun......

They're doing their due diligence I guess.

5 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

AB will win out. Just a question if the drama is worth the $

7 minutes ago, steelwind said:

AB will win out. Just a question if the drama is worth the $

Definitely.  Top 3 receiver on the planet and four guys barely of NFL talent. I just don't know about his mental decline. It's a scary proposition.

41 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Holy ####### ####.

41 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Antonio Brown all scheduled to work out with the team during the bye. 

"Hey Antonio, wanna come in for a workout?  Oh, and do you still have a copy of that Playbook Bill gave you?  Bring that too"

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

6 minutes ago, need2know said:

hes not worth it

The only consolation I have with the Eagles looking at him is that he came in and lost his mind with Oakland then did the same in New England.  Both were able to dump him and both are doing find with no repercussions. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, need2know said:

hes not worth it

I don’t completely disagree. But....if Brown realizes this could be his only chance maybe, MAYBE he gives it his all. 

Thats all I got lol

**ETA**

And our WR’s need a kick in the ###. If Brown is the #1 everything else falls into place. 

Edited by Bigboy10182000
  • Like 1

I don’t completely disagree. But....if Brown realizes this could be his only chance maybe, MAYBE he gives it his all. 

Thats all I got lol

**ETA**

And our WR’s need a kick in the ###. If Brown is the #1 everything else falls into place. 

Do the Eagles even have the helmet he likes?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

1 hour ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Where is this being reported about AB?

edit - I looked, didn't see it anywhere.  Just asking, not doubting you.

Edited by LTsharks

Is that the guy that's put out bad info before? Painted Lines sounds familiar.
Doesn't make sense that this guy would be the only one with this info.
Also, Brown's investigation is still open and he could end up on the exempt list, unable to play, if signed by a team.

Edited by Mystery Achiever

1 minute ago, Mystery Achiever said:

Is that the guy that's put out bad info before? Painted Lines sounds familiar.
Doesn't make sense that this guy would be the only one with this info.

IDK, he tug Derek Gun in it as well 🤷‍♂️

On 9/26/2019 at 6:03 PM, Deamon said:
On 9/26/2019 at 5:58 PM, Bracie Smathers said:

Austin Krell‏ @KrellTPL

Multiple sources tell The Painted Lines that the Eagles have offered a package including Zach Ertz to the Jaguars in exchange for Jalen Ramsey.

2:49 PM - 24 Sep 2019

Fake news.

https://twitter.com/pmc_cmp3/status/1176843140881403904

This is what I was thinking of. Different guy, but also from Painted Lines.

Torrey Smith on Twitter saying he doesn't know where this rumor came from but he's happy being retired.

6 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

J-Matt in town for a physical. 

Eagles reached out to Torrey Smith according to Clark. Smith said he's happy with retirement. 

5 hours ago, Deamon said:

Holy ####### ####.

Torrey already turned them down 

4 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Fake news 

Edited by DJackson10

8 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Thats all I got lol

**ETA**

I believe Brown recently said something to the effect that he doesn't even care about the game anymore.  He doesn't really even need to play.  This is not a guy who is going to "give it his all" at this stage of his career.  

• Thanks 1