What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now... (5 Viewers)

Thoughts on Dez?  Some chatter being thrown around about it.  He came out today saying he wants to sign somewhere.

I was actually shocked googling his age that he only just turned 31 this week.  I swear it feels like he's 35.

Tied for First!  What does everyone think about this weeks game?  D-Line all getting healthy at the right time, Secondary seems to be improved, I'm not expecting much from Mathews but he's a trust-worthy target for Carson so that will help.  

Think that Baltimore obviously exposed the only weakness on that defense.  We better come out running the ball and log about 45 carries this Sunday.  

Also, watching that game last week, Brady looked more skittish than I've ever seen him.  Hoping a healthy-ish Cox, Jerigan Barnett and Graham can get some real pressure on him.

Tied for First!  What does everyone think about this weeks game?  D-Line all getting healthy at the right time, Secondary seems to be improved, I'm not expecting much from Mathews but he's a trust-worthy target for Carson so that will help.  

Think that Baltimore obviously exposed the only weakness on that defense.  We better come out running the ball and log about 45 carries this Sunday.  

Also, watching that game last week, Brady looked more skittish than I've ever seen him.  Hoping a healthy-ish Cox, Jerigan Barnett and Graham can get some real pressure on him.
Feeling kinda good about it

It's weird, it seems like Dallas always faces a team once one of their star offensive players is out.

Week 2 vs Skins. Guice out.
Week 4 vs Saints. Brees out.
Week 5 vs Packers. Adams out.
Week 7 vs Eagles. Desean out.
Week 10 vs Vikings. Thielen out.
Week 11 vs Lions... Stafford possibly out.

unckeyherb said:

Nervous.  If Pats would have won last week it would be a different story.  Bill is a whole other beast both after a bye, and after a loss... and they get both this time. 

Bill is 14-4 after a bye week.  He is also 41-11 after a loss. 

We only open up as 3.5 point underdogs though so anything could happen.

Nervous.  If Pats would have won last week it would be a different story.  Bill is a whole other beast both after a bye, and after a loss... and they get both this time. 

Bill is 14-4 after a bye week.  He is also 41-11 after a loss. 

We only open up as 3.5 point underdogs though so anything could happen.
Yeah, when they lost last week, I had a feeling we'd be bearing the brunt of their anger. 

We beat them last time we both were coming out of a bye though. :D

According to Schefty, terms make him the highest paid guard in the league as he should be.

$54.2 mill with $30 mill guaranteed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fully expect Eagles to give them hell. Heart says Eagles win...head says flip a coin. Eagles appear to match up well l and are getting healthier where it matters most, but still look shaky at WR

Why is JJAW so NOT involved?

Fully expect Eagles to give them hell. Heart says Eagles win...head says flip a coin. Eagles appear to match up well l and are getting healthier where it matters most, but still look shaky at WR

Why is JJAW so NOT involved?
He must be terrible.  Cant tell cause hes only played like 4 snaps

Not sure if you're serious?     :oldunsure:
if jason peters ever gets to 100% healthy, it is a legit argument to say the Eagles have the best RT, LT, C and RG. I am sure there is plenty to argue with it, and they certainly haven't played like it this year, but it isn't entirely crazy

ETA: i think the Packers game shows the potential of the OL if they are all healthy and playing well

Last edited by a moderator:
if jason peters ever gets to 100% healthy, it is a legit argument to say the Eagles have the best RT, LT, C and RG.
I think it's pretty crazy to say 'the best'.  "the best group" could for sure be there, but at each position is a huge stretch, as there's a lot of good players in the league.  They look good, but Kelce isn't the #1 C in the league.

I couldn't find more recent ones, but PFF ranked the top linemen at each position after week 5.  Kelce was #10 C, Peters and Lane were #8 and 9 respectively, and Brooks was #2 Guard.

I think it's pretty crazy to say 'the best'.  "the best group" could for sure be there, but at each position is a huge stretch, as there's a lot of good players in the league.  They look good, but Kelce isn't the #1 C in the league.

I couldn't find more recent ones, but PFF ranked the top linemen at each position after week 5.  Kelce was #10 C, Peters and Lane were #8 and 9 respectively, and Brooks was #2 Guard.
yeah, no argument there. the age of some of them doesn't help. Of course we get the same Dillard we had in the Chicago game then we can say we have the 3 best OTs in the league :stirspot:

The Seattle game is no longer Sunday Night for week 12. I'm ok with that. We've been terrible on primetime lately. 

Users who are viewing this thread