Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Insein

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Dallas INSISTS Eagles take division; Eagles thinking it over...

33 minutes ago, steelwind said:

They just signed Jordan Matthews.  Still 27.  Talk to me.  WR3 ros?  Is he replacing Nelson?

He's replacing Mack Hollins who is worthless. Don't get too excited. JMatt will be a reliable short to intermediate option that has good rapport with Wentz already and knows the system. Instead of absolute zero we were getting from Hollins, JMatt can offer maybe 5-6 targets a week for 50 yards or so. 

Not really fantasy relevant.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, steelwind said:

They just signed Jordan Matthews.  Still 27.  Talk to me.  WR3 ros?  Is he replacing Nelson?

Not really gonna do much to impact fantasy other then a few pts and a solid TD here and there. Won't move the needle type move 

5 hours ago, Mystery Achiever said:

OK, pls fill me in on the Franklin Institute joke. :whoosh:

There's a sports wing at the Franklin institute. They have a race for kids against people or characters like the phanatic. It still features Jordan Matthews the Eagle as someone to race against. I think it also has Andre Iguodola the sixer in one part too 

Edited by Insein
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mystery Achiever said:

Thanks. I didn't know that and I was there twice this summer.

Yeah glad someone filled us in on that as I didn't get the joke either 

Thoughts on Dez?  Some chatter being thrown around about it.  He came out today saying he wants to sign somewhere.

I was actually shocked googling his age that he only just turned 31 this week.  I swear it feels like he's 35.

No more former cowboys. Also is he even fully recovered from his injury last year?

• Love 2

29 minutes ago, Insein said:

No more former cowboys. Also is he even fully recovered from his injury last year?

He's worth a workout I would think ?

1 hour ago, Insein said:

Exactly, He's another Cowboy that threw teammates under the bus when they got rid of him.  Let's leave the low character players for Jerry Jones to sign. 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

nah on Dez. Is he any different then jeffrey? We already have 25 slow, tall, "big wingspan" guys. 

• Like 2

Eagles claimed S Marcus Epps off waivers. So basically they traded safeties with the Vikings.

11 minutes ago, jasvic said:

Eagles claimed S Marcus Epps off waivers. So basically they traded safeties with the Vikings.

Plus, they'll get a fourth round pick. 

4 hours ago, need2know said:

Freddie mitchell?

Reliable catcher and a great 3rd down conversion rate in the slot on catches. Advanced stats would've loved FredEx today 

Just now, DJackson10 said:

Reliable catcher and a great 3rd down conversion rate in the slot on catches. Advanced stats would've loved FredEx today 

The people's champ!

11 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Plus 4th and 26

• Thanks 1

So at least our WR's won't drop any passes this weekend. 

1 hour ago, DJackson10 said:

So at least our WR's won't drop any passes this weekend. 

Oh they don't practice on Saturday and Sunday?    😀

• Laughing 2

11 hours ago, fred_1_15301 said:

Oh they don't practice on Saturday and Sunday?    😀

NFL teams usually get most if not all of the week off.besides a meeting or two in the beginning 

Tied for First!  What does everyone think about this weeks game?  D-Line all getting healthy at the right time, Secondary seems to be improved, I'm not expecting much from Mathews but he's a trust-worthy target for Carson so that will help.  

Think that Baltimore obviously exposed the only weakness on that defense.  We better come out running the ball and log about 45 carries this Sunday.  

Also, watching that game last week, Brady looked more skittish than I've ever seen him.  Hoping a healthy-ish Cox, Jerigan Barnett and Graham can get some real pressure on him.

13 minutes ago, unckeyherb said:

Tied for First!  What does everyone think about this weeks game?  D-Line all getting healthy at the right time, Secondary seems to be improved, I'm not expecting much from Mathews but he's a trust-worthy target for Carson so that will help.  

Think that Baltimore obviously exposed the only weakness on that defense.  We better come out running the ball and log about 45 carries this Sunday.  

Also, watching that game last week, Brady looked more skittish than I've ever seen him.  Hoping a healthy-ish Cox, Jerigan Barnett and Graham can get some real pressure on him.

Feeling kinda good about it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, unckeyherb said:

Really hope Brady has Cox in his face all game long.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

4 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

Really hope Brady has Cox in his face all game long.

He does most days and nights

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

It's weird, it seems like Dallas always faces a team once one of their star offensive players is out.

Week 2 vs Skins. Guice out.
Week 4 vs Saints. Brees out.
Week 5 vs Packers. Adams out.
Week 7 vs Eagles. Desean out.
Week 10 vs Vikings. Thielen out.
Week 11 vs Lions... Stafford possibly out.

2 hours ago, unckeyherb said:

Nervous.  If Pats would have won last week it would be a different story.  Bill is a whole other beast both after a bye, and after a loss... and they get both this time. 

Bill is 14-4 after a bye week.  He is also 41-11 after a loss. 

We only open up as 3.5 point underdogs though so anything could happen.

1 hour ago, Deamon said:

Nervous.  If Pats would have won last week it would be a different story.  Bill is a whole other beast both after a bye, and after a loss... and they get both this time. 

Bill is 14-4 after a bye week.  He is also 41-11 after a loss. 

We only open up as 3.5 point underdogs though so anything could happen.

Yeah, when they lost last week, I had a feeling we'd be bearing the brunt of their anger. 

We beat them last time we both were coming out of a bye though.:D

• Like 2

So the pats are good after a bye, good after a loss and have a motivated Tommy. 

Eagles 27-21

• Like 1

According to Schefty, terms make him the highest paid guard in the league as he should be.

$54.2 mill with $30 mill guaranteed.

Edited by CentralPA
  • Like 1

Fully expect Eagles to give them hell. Heart says Eagles win...head says flip a coin. Eagles appear to match up well l and are getting healthier where it matters most, but still look shaky at WR

Why is JJAW so NOT involved?

11 minutes ago, renesauz said:

Fully expect Eagles to give them hell. Heart says Eagles win...head says flip a coin. Eagles appear to match up well l and are getting healthier where it matters most, but still look shaky at WR

Why is JJAW so NOT involved?

He must be terrible.  Cant tell cause hes only played like 4 snaps

5 hours ago, CentralPA said:

According to Schefty, terms make him the highest paid guard in the league as he should be.

$54.2 mill with $30 mill guaranteed.

Worth every cent. Best G to go with the 2 best Tackles and Best C in the game 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, DJackson10 said:

Worth every cent. Best G to go with the 2 best Tackles and Best C in the game 

Not sure if you're serious?    :oldunsure:

• Laughing 1

That DK Metcalf sure looked good out there last night. 

3 hours ago, Insein said:

That DK Metcalf sure looked good out there last night. 

We picked Clayton Thorson 4 spots ahead of Darius Slayton. 

• Like 1