What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now... (1 Viewer)

Insein

Footballguy
It was a fun playoff run with a disappointing if not unexpected ending. If 2018 taught us anything, it's that you can't rest on you laurels and expect to repeat. This team needs an injection of talent at multiple positions and some coaching staff. Lots of roster work will be done to comply with the cap.  At least we know Wentz will be fully healthy going into the mini camps. Last time he had a full off season of reps, we went 13-3. 

2019 is going to be better. The Eagles will be back again to make the new norm a reality.

Update: It wasn't better

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they'll be frontrunners next year with a healthy Wentz at QB, Kareem Hunt at running back, and Antonio Brown at receiver. :headbang:
I do think they are a team that would go after Hunt. Strong foundation in place, will get him the right help and doesn't care what anyone outside of the organization thinks about their football decisions. Not so sure about Antonio, cost alone seems quite prohibitive, unless Howie "the wizard" Roseman comes up with some more magic. 

2019 draft picks

Round 1: Philadelphia

Round 2: Philadelphia, Baltimore

Round 3: None

Round 4: Philadelphia 

Round 5: Philadelphia 

Round 6: Philadelphia 

Round 7: Denver*

The Eagles picked up an extra second-rounder this year in the deal that allowed the Ravens to get to No. 32 and draft Lamar Jackson last year. They're missing a third-round pick after trading theirs for Golden Tate. They also picked up a conditional seventh-rounder from the Broncos in for Allen Barbre in 2017, but then included one of their sevenths in the trade to move up for Jordan Mailata in last year's draft and the other as a conditional pick in the Deiondre Hall deal. So when it's all said and done, they may end up with no picks in the last round.

I do think they are a team that would go after Hunt. Strong foundation in place, will get him the right help and doesn't care what anyone outside of the organization thinks about their football decisions. Not so sure about Antonio, cost alone seems quite prohibitive, unless Howie "the wizard" Roseman comes up with some more magic. 
Antonio would be out of the Eagles pay range, but I could see Howie taking a sniff at Hunt.  A great fit in the offense and will come at a discount because of his past issues.  I think the Andy Reid/Doug Pederson relationship would play a role too.  Pederson wouldn't want to appear to be undercutting Reid.  The Chiefs made the choice to cut loose a very talented player due to character issues. Not sure how it would look if Pederson signed him. But from a football perspective, the thought is fascinating.

2019 draft picks

The Eagles picked up an extra second-rounder this year in the deal that allowed the Ravens to get to No. 32 and draft Lamar Jackson last year. They're missing a third-round pick after trading theirs for Golden Tate. They also picked up a conditional seventh-rounder from the Broncos in for Allen Barbre in 2017, but then included one of their sevenths in the trade to move up for Jordan Mailata in last year's draft and the other as a conditional pick in the Deiondre Hall deal. So when it's all said and done, they may end up with no picks in the last round.
Will they pick up a pick if Tate signs elsewhere?

Jay Ajayi RB

D.J. Alexander ILB

Ronald Darby CB

Jake Elliott  K RFA

Brandon Graham DE

Corey Graham FS

Jordan Hicks ILB

Chris Long DE

Rick Lovato LS RFA

Chris Maragos FS

Jordan Matthews WR

Haloti Ngata DT

LaRoy Reynolds ILB

Richard Rodgers TE

Darren Sproles RB

Nate Sudfeld QB RFA

Golden Tate WR

Mike Wallace WR  

Chance Warmack G

Paul Worrilow OLB

FA’s this season 

Antonio would be out of the Eagles pay range, but I could see Howie taking a sniff at Hunt.  A great fit in the offense and will come at a discount because of his past issues.  I think the Andy Reid/Doug Pederson relationship would play a role too.  Pederson wouldn't want to appear to be undercutting Reid.  The Chiefs made the choice to cut loose a very talented player due to character issues. Not sure how it would look if Pederson signed him. But from a football perspective, the thought is fascinating.
The Pederson/Reid connection is going to be interesting. I’m sure Doug and Howie will ask Reid his opinion and if we don’t sign him it’s going to be based off of what he says IMO, but having him to reach out to and a similar offense can only help  

Will they pick up a pick if Tate signs elsewhere?
Really depends on the deal he signs against who we sign. If I had to guess I’d say a 4 next year. Maybe a 5

Jay Ajayi RB

D.J. Alexander ILB

Ronald Darby CB

Jake Elliott  K RFA

Brandon Graham DE

Corey Graham FS

Jordan Hicks ILB

Chris Long DE

Rick Lovato LS RFA

Chris Maragos FS

Jordan Matthews WR

Haloti Ngata DT

LaRoy Reynolds ILB

Richard Rodgers TE

Darren Sproles RB

Nate Sudfeld QB RFA

Golden Tate WR

Mike Wallace WR  

Chance Warmack G

Paul Worrilow OLB

FA’s this season 
A whole mess of these guys are probably not coming back.  I'd say Hicks is the only one I may want.  Maybe Darby.  If Brandon Graham takes a discount him as well.

2019 draft picks

1/2/3 BPA over their first 3 picks would be my plan. QB/TE are obviously out. But after that, i'd be fine taking BPA anywhere else. Always need good O-lineman, but personally, i'd be looking in rounds 4-6 at OL, always seem to be able to find solid lineman later in the draft. Same goes for RB, but it there were an every down RB at the end of RD 1, I wouldn't be angry with them drafting one there. Secondary needs some addressing in the first 3 picks, but there is a lot of youth who played pretty well in the second half of the season. DE is a concern with graham, bennett and long probably leaving and you can never have enough edge rushers. I really think we need another sideline to sideline LB as well. So i guess my first 3 would be (in any order)

Safety, LB, DE

1/2/3 BPA over their first 3 picks would be my plan. QB/TE are obviously out. But after that, i'd be fine taking BPA anywhere else. Always need good O-lineman, but personally, i'd be looking in rounds 4-6 at OL, always seem to be able to find solid lineman later in the draft. Same goes for RB, but it there were an every down RB at the end of RD 1, I wouldn't be angry with them drafting one there. Secondary needs some addressing in the first 3 picks, but there is a lot of youth who played pretty well in the second half of the season. DE is a concern with graham, bennett and long probably leaving and you can never have enough edge rushers. I really think we need another sideline to sideline LB as well. So i guess my first 3 would be (in any order)

Safety, LB, DE
I agree. We need a boring Colts-like draft from 2018. 

Looking at some super early mocks I have seen us take the corner from Georgia a few times.  I would be ok with that

I really don’t care who they pick with the first 3 picks but they HAVE to contribute at whatever position they play. 

And one better be a RB lol

Lots of good free agent safeties this season.  We should target one of the top guys on this list.

1.  Earl Thomas

2. Tyrann Mathieu

3. Lamarcus Joyner

4. Landon Collins

5. Adrian Amos

6. Tre Boston

7. Eric Reid

8. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

9. Ron Parker

10. Kenny Vaccaro

Seen the Alabama RB mocked to us at #25 even though they haven't picked a RB in the 1st rd since '79.  Also saw DT, with Jernigan possibly being cut I'd be all for it.

Two things so far from #eagles locker room:

1. Brandon Brooks said in about a week he’l have Achilles surgery, with a 6-8 month recovery timetable.

2. Golden Tate said he took best offer first time in free agency when he left SEA for DET. This time, looking to play for winner.

Will we get anything for Nick?  Not sure if we can franchise and trade (assuming he takes the $2MM out) or if we get compensatory picks.

I think we also get compensatory pick consideration for Golden Tate if he walks too?  Anyone else?

Will we get anything for Nick?  Not sure if we can franchise and trade (assuming he takes the $2MM out) or if we get compensatory picks.

I think we also get compensatory pick consideration for Golden Tate if he walks too?  Anyone else?
Anyone who leaves and gets a big deal that’s not offset by a similar deal we give someone. I believe that’s how it works and someone can correct me if I’m wrong. 

Assuming we let everyone go above we could get decent comp picks for:

Foles, Graham, Tate, Hicks and maybe Darby. 

Anyone who leaves and gets a big deal that’s not offset by a similar deal we give someone. I believe that’s how it works and someone can correct me if I’m wrong. 

Assuming we let everyone go above we could get decent comp picks for:

Foles, Graham, Tate, Hicks and maybe Darby. 
RFA / UFA make any difference?

It was a fun playoff run with a disappointing if not unexpected ending. If 2018 taught us anything, it's that you can't rest on you laurels and expect to repeat. This team needs an injection of talent at multiple positions and some coaching staff. Lots of roster work will be done to comply with the cap.  At least we know Wentz will be fully healthy going into the mini camps. Last time he had a full off season of reps, we went 13-3. 

2019 is going to be better. The Eagles will be back again to make the new norm a reality.
His fractured back takes 3-4 months to heal. It won’t be a full off-season. He’s injury prone and hasn’t proven anything aside from dominating against a last place schedule, when we he was playing behind the best o-line in football. Quickest way to fix this team is to trade him for multiple picks and sign Foles a more proven QB to a lower contract extension.

I'd love to see RB adressed. That was a glaring hole in our Offense this year. CB, i think we can manage between all the young guys and the injured players coming back. S would be nice. If we don't re-sign Hicks this year, we definitely need a MLB.

I think our biggest need is to restock the Oline: Kelce talked about retiring. Brooks is going to need at least half the season to rehab. Peters is still playing at a decent level, but he's not the same and has trouble staying on the field. Seumalo and Vaitai are just guys. I know it's not sexy on draft day, but we need some Olineman, badly.

His fractured back takes 3-4 months to heal. It won’t be a full off-season. He’s injury prone and hasn’t proven anything aside from dominating against a last place schedule, when we he was playing behind the best o-line in football. Quickest way to fix this team is to trade him for multiple picks and sign Foles a more proven QB to a lower contract extension.
Hot take!   lol 

Menu>account> ignored users>’Tejas’> check all 5 boxes> click add user 

You’re welcome 👍
He just ran his mouth about the Saints getting their butts kicked by the Rams next week.  One of those sad lonely guys who desperately wants someone to interact with them and the only way they know how to accomplish that is to be a troll.  I may start a Gofundme for him to get him a girlfriend.

I just want CBs that aren't made out of glass. Tired of seeing us get torched on third and long. 

Needs:. Rbs, DBs, depth on oline.  Prob need to start grooming a new LT.  
I'd add another CB and possible Safety plus a deep threat at WR to stretch the field. Would also like a LG and we may need a stop gap RG as I heard Brooks my potentially miss all of next season. We need depth on both lines as is and we could be looking for a C. Some LB depth would be nice too. I'd draft an RB and sign one in FA. Not a fan of Bell in FA. Maybe Yeldon to replace Sproles or add a Vet and bring Blount back? Maybe Latavius Murray? I' like Ameer Abdullah but a lot of people will have us linked to Spencer Ware. Bilali Powell would be a nice Sproles Replacement. Theres a few nice rookies in the draft. 

I just want CBs that aren't made out of glass. Tired of seeing us get torched on third and long. 
I’m also going to be curious if we keep our DB coach too. We seem to have the talent but not many took the next step. I thought we’d have a solid CB out of Mills, Darby, Jones or Douglas. 

I kind of heard they may not go after Hunt. Apparently Hunt got released not because of the video coming out but he lied to Andy and the whole organization. This was also after the incident where he punched the guy and they asked him if there was anything else he'd like to tell them that may pop up. Andy has always had an open door policy for any of his players or coaches to ask or tell him anything even if it's something as terrible as addiction or a family issue or come in a talk shop and say hey I'm not happy about where I am with the org can we work things out. I was talking to my Co worker and she said her son told her about the Hunt situation (when his son was there with Andy) you had to really F up in order for Andy to have you cut. Similar to a TO situation. Hunt was apparently not truthful about the matter at all and when the video came out with him kicking the girl plus another story of him punching the guy his ### was being cut right then and there. The Chiefs were not aware of the 2nd incident apparently. Andy doesn't tolerate lying especially when he's offering the help with the situation. Pederson apparently runs a similar ship so I don't see the Eagles having any interest in Hunt here. The Eagles are all about Second chances for sure but they aren't giving players second chances who they can't trust and right now I don't know why anyone would trust Hunt. 

As for AB they have the ammunition to get him but I think his attitude is a poor fit Like I said earlier in the week former Teammate Ryan Clark called AB out big time. The way he described how the Steelers operate with players sounds a lot like the Eagles and what kind of guys they'd want as well. If Pitt is letting AB go I'm not sure the Eagles are gonna be interested unless AB takes a pay cut and there's securities that if Brown F's up the Eagles cut him at no cost. 

Bigboy10182000 said:
I’m also going to be curious if we keep our DB coach too. We seem to have the talent but not many took the next step. I thought we’d have a solid CB out of Mills, Darby, Jones or Douglas. 
Well we all know how I feel about Jones so I won't go into it other then I think he has next year to prove himself or its time to wish him well in his future endeavors and get something while we can. I loved the Maddox and Douglas picks and I think they could be solid guys. I think Mills is better suited at Safety as thats more of his natural spot and if we get rid of McLeod I think Mills can be put right in there. I think LeBlanc is a nice depth guy who can fill the Nickel when needed. I'd like to add another CB if Darby can't be resigned to a decent deal. Darby wasn't amazing but he was fairly good. 

JuniorNB said:
He just ran his mouth about the Saints getting their butts kicked by the Rams next week.  One of those sad lonely guys who desperately wants someone to interact with them and the only way they know how to accomplish that is to be a troll.  I may start a Gofundme for him to get him a girlfriend.
What a sad sad thing. 

I kind of think Hunt isn't coming here either. Andy and Doug are best buds. I don't think Doug is going to take someone Andy thinks is bad news.

I kind of think Hunt isn't coming here either. Andy and Doug are best buds. I don't think Doug is going to take someone Andy thinks is bad news.
I agree but I don’t know if Andy thinks he’s bad news. Hunt put KC in a very bad spot by lying to them. Had he told the truth I think he’d still be there and I think he knows that too. 

Evidently there is a longer rap sheet on him. It’s why he went to Toledo. I say we draft one high. Quit dicking around with players like pumphry. Also, Hunt will serve some type of suspension. Maybe 6 games. Guess we could live with it but I doubt they’d sign him.

We coulda had Kamara....

I agree but I don’t know if Andy thinks he’s bad news. Hunt put KC in a very bad spot by lying to them. Had he told the truth I think he’d still be there and I think he knows that too. 
Andy might also say that his hands were tied after the reports came out to the media and he had no choice but to cut him. He could say that Hunt is actually a good kid who has some issues that he's trying to work out and endorse Peterson in is pursuit to give him a second chance. We are all just guessing at this point. But the idea of him in the backfield is certainly fascinating.

We coulda had Kamara....
Can't go through the whole draft saying "we coulda had".  I can see it if it was a need and he went shortly after we picked.  But we weren't reaching for Kamara at 43.  Mixon, sure.  We definitely could have taken mixon at 43 and probably should have.

I think we likely might have taken Kamara at 74, but the Saints traded up to 67 to get him.

Andy might also say that his hands were tied after the reports came out to the media and he had no choice but to cut him. He could say that Hunt is actually a good kid who has some issues that he's trying to work out and endorse Peterson in is pursuit to give him a second chance. We are all just guessing at this point. But the idea of him in the backfield is certainly fascinating.
Ya know....you might have a good point there. The pressure was certainly gonna be on KC to jettison him no matter what. But with maturity, a change of scenery and the proper protocols to be followed...why not? Honestly, you know who I trust? Lurie. If he met Hunt and came away with a good feeling moving forward then I would get on board. The team survived Vick and by all accounts that’s been a successful story.

Users who are viewing this thread