What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now... (3 Viewers)

Yeah we don't need wrs.  I would have liked Coleman but it's obvious they don't want to spend on a fa rb.  

I like that lb from Pittsburgh we just got

They had to sign someone. Only got a little over $9m a year too. Good for him. I'm not worried about defending Tate as much as I was defending OBJ.

need2know said:
Gonna have a top three pick next season
Not so sure.  They are stuck between trying to win and rebooting.  Ideally for them they'd get a top 3 pick but they're grabbing just enough players to keep them at 6 wins and out of the top 5.  I think Wash and NYG combine for 10 wins max next year.

Not so sure.  They are stuck between trying to win and rebooting.  Ideally for them they'd get a top 3 pick but they're grabbing just enough players to keep them at 6 wins and out of the top 5.  I think Wash and NYG combine for 10 wins max next year.
you are being far too generous.  they just lost their best defender and a top three wr in the league.  they will not win many games.

Reports are out that the contracts for Chris Long and Nigel Bradham have been restructured to create $5 million in 2019 cap space.
I also saw an odd tweet form some ex-player telling Ronald Darby to just “break the news already” that he signed with us for 1 year and 8.75

I also saw an odd tweet form some ex-player telling Ronald Darby to just “break the news already” that he signed with us for 1 year and 8.75
Hasn't that been rumored for awhile before the end of the season? I remember posting something about this awhile back. 

Bigboy10182000 said:
Can someone explain to me what the Giants are doing?
I don't think they even know. If they were smart they'd just let Eli go and lose as much as possible to get Tua. I hate intentionally tanking but the Giants are in between a rock and a hard place right now 

One thing I forgot about Darby. He blew out his knee in November right? Will he be back in time for the start of the season?

i don't think anyone knows.  how does the rehab get handled for a FA anyway?
Don't quote me but I would think it they were on a team already the team who had their rights to exclusively negotiate they can stay with the trainers of that team and rehab. I could be wrong. I think SProles went unsigned till what May last year but was with Eagles trainers doing his rehab despite being an FA no? 

Rapsheet has the details and possible answer to @Long Ball Larry question

Source: #Eagles CB Ronald Darby is re-signing in Philly. He visited KC Thursday, but opts for a 1-year deal as he works to recover from a torn ACL. Given that he had surgery in late Nov, Darby may not be ready for Week 1, but he stays in Philly to work.

4:55 PM - Mar 15, 2019

The #Eagles and CB Ronald Darby agreed to terms on a 1-year deal worth $8.5M, source said. A chance to get back at the market next year at full health.

5:01 PM - Mar 15, 2019

you are being far too generous.  they just lost their best defender and a top three wr in the league.  they will not win many games.
They could have won more games than they did this year.  Alright, I'll give them 5 and Washington 4. 

Long commented to someone earlier the restructure didn't mean he was staying

John Clark just reporting now Darby resigned for 1 yrs with us
Apparently the "restructuring" merely consisted of Long agreeing to push back the date on which his roster bonus is paid, because he has yet to decide if he's playing this season. It's sometime after the draft now. Classy move by Long, no surprise there. 

So the cap space Howie created was solely due to manipulating Bradham's contract.

Apparently the "restructuring" merely consisted of Long agreeing to push back the date on which his roster bonus is paid, because he has yet to decide if he's playing this season. It's sometime after the draft now. Classy move by Long, no surprise there. 

So the cap space Howie created was solely due to manipulating Bradham's contract.
Howie is a wizard.  It's nice to just feel comfortable to not really ever have to worry too much about the cap.  He'll always find a way to make it work somehow.

Looked at 4 new mocks today and all of them have us taking a CB.  I don't see us doing that in round 1 for some reason.

Starting to want Josh Jacobs if he makes it to us.

Deamon said:
Looked at 4 new mocks today and all of them have us taking a CB.  I don't see us doing that in round 1 for some reason.

I just don't see how they take a CB in the 1st unless Jones has fallen out of favor with them already. They Got Darby/Mllls/Douglas/Jones/Maddox/LaBlanc and then 2 or so guys behind them who had to start last year do to injuries. Like Eagleswire put it that depth at CB the rest of the league is jealous right now. Everyone of the guys outside of LeBlanc is 24 or under too

Deamon said:

I'd be shocked if we dont go DL in the 1st.

Can see a RB in the 2nd though.  Even that would be higher then normal, but I'd be ok with one of our 2nds there.

What is the deadline for FA signings to not count against the comp pick formula?  I think Howie is working that, so expect to see some cheap vet signings then.

I'd be shocked if we dont go DL in the 1st.

Can see a RB in the 2nd though.  Even that would be higher then normal, but I'd be ok with one of our 2nds there.

What is the deadline for FA signings to not count against the comp pick formula?  I think Howie is working that, so expect to see some cheap vet signings then.
It's usually about 2 weeks after the draft. 

ETA: Looks like it's May 7th, this year. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. The reason I posted that was aside from the new players they just brought in and the players they will draft, they have a significant amount of talent coming back from injury.
That's true.  Excited to see those guys this year

Eagles sign former Minny Safety Andrew Sendejo to 1yrs contract. Very good depth signing. He's the guy BTW most will remember in the NFCC title game of Blount Running over going into the EZ. It was your typical Madden like Truck Stick play. 

Users who are viewing this thread