What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now... (4 Viewers)

This move should completely take DB's out of our top 3 picks unless one unexpectedly falls to us. 

Liking taking a RB in first 3 picks even more now.

DE/RB/OL with top 3 picks please.  In any order.

The more I watch the more I want Devin Bush. This kid is a player and would be on the field all 3 downs. He’d pair really nice with Bradham

yea a db rookie is the last thing we need.  DL, OL, and RB.  LB I'm ok with as well if there is value.  Bradham isnt gonna get any younger.  Really thought Hicks was gonna man the middle for a long time, but not meant to be.

yea a db rookie is the last thing we need.  DL, OL, and RB.  LB I'm ok with as well if there is value.  Bradham isnt gonna get any younger.  Really thought Hicks was gonna man the middle for a long time, but not meant to be.
Shocked he got that much money with his injury history

So I was thinking about how the Eagles were trying to trade Foles to get something in return, which didn't happen. However, if I had told you the Eagles could trade Foles to the Jags for Malik Jackson, I think most people would have been very happy. But the way it played out, by releasing Foles, Jackson getting cut by the Jags, the Eagles actually got Jackson and a 3rd round compensatory pick. So in Essence the Eagles did trade Foles to the Jags for Jackson and a 3rd round pick. I  :heart: Howie

It's a shame Vontaze Burfict is such a horrible human being. He'd be a nice player standing behind Cox and Jackson.

It's a shame Vontaze Burfict is such a horrible human being. He'd be a nice player standing behind Cox and Jackson.
He's not really had any off field issues. He's just a maniac on the field. I don't see the problem. I want that kind of guy on my team. A guy the other team fears.

He's not really had any off field issues. He's just a maniac on the field. I don't see the problem. I want that kind of guy on my team. A guy the other team fears.
And a guy you fear gets a personal foul penalty at a key moment in a tight game. You hope it doesn't happen, but it has, and probably will again. I would pass.

Howie must have a rb or two he likes in the draft...no way they roll with the bumms on the roster....or resign ajayi after may 7?
I'm hoping those rumblings about trade discussions with the 49ers are for real. McKinnon would be acceptable, but I would much prefer Breida. Niners will have to make some kind of move, their RB depth chart is overloaded at this point.

I'm not worried about RB. It is such a replaceable position. We won the super bowl with an UFA rookie, a veteran minimum signing in June and a mid season trade as our backfield. Last year we rolled with another UFA rookie, a forgotten man and a returning injured veteran on the verge of retirement and still almost made it back to the NFC Championship. It's just not that important a position. 

They'll find something cheap to fill the role.

I'm not worried about RB. It is such a replaceable position. We won the super bowl with an UFA rookie, a veteran minimum signing in June and a mid season trade as our backfield. Last year we rolled with another UFA rookie, a forgotten man and a returning injured veteran on the verge of retirement and still almost made it back to the NFC Championship. It's just not that important a position. 

Lack of rb was the biggest reason you guys lost to the saints....

It's still nice to have an actual weapon back there. We're not going to get a Zeke or a Saquon, but when you face teams with an actual standout talent in the backfield rather than just interchangeable guys off a trash heap, your offense becomes harder to plan against.  It's very disappointing that Coleman signed for so little and we didn't make a play for him.

Lack of rb was the biggest reason you guys lost to the saints....
Not any more so than Nick having an off game. If Foles was on, then we probably win that game. Hell if Jeffrey catches the ball at the end we probably win that game. Would a better RB have helped? Maybe. But not as much as people think.

It's still nice to have an actual weapon back there. We're not going to get a Zeke or a Saquon, but when you face teams with an actual standout talent in the backfield rather than just interchangeable guys off a trash heap, your offense becomes harder to plan against.  It's very disappointing that Coleman signed for so little and we didn't make a play for him.
I think they want to spend less than $5m total for the whole backfield. It's a position they look at as cost controlled to save money for other areas on the team. So they will try to hit on a pick in the draft because that's the cheapest route.

I felt like the lack of a running game all season really made it hard to win games.  Every game seemed close.  We need a better rb core to help out our passing game imo.  We were so good 2 seasons ago because we could run over people.  Yes we didn't spend much at the position but ajayai and Blount were tons better than what we got last year.  Our oline also played worse so some of the blame goes to them but our rbs were crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they want to spend less than $5m total for the whole backfield. It's a position they look at as cost controlled to save money for other areas on the team. So they will try to hit on a pick in the draft because that's the cheapest route.

Best way to find a talented, NFL ready RB for cheap is through the draft.  The impact young rb's can have on the game is crazy... so yes, I want to draft one and fairly high.

If we don't get Jacobs at 25 (Raiders at 24 worries me a bit), then 100% use one of those 2nd rounders on a solid starting rb.

I felt like the lack of a running game all season really made it hard to win games.  Every game seemed close.  We need a better rb core to help out our passing game imo.  We were so good 2 seasons ago because we could run over people.  Yes we didn't spend much at the position but ajayai and Blount were tons better than what we got last year.  Our oline also played worse so some of the blame goes to them but our rbs were crap.
Yes. Two years ago, our run game was better but not for spending more. They just hit on the moves they made. The Eagles will never spend big on a RB. If they happen to nail a pick for a stud RB, they will use him for the 4 years and then cast him off.

Oof, Jacobs' pro day was awful.  4.63 and 4.66 in his 40 times.  That's going to drop him out of the first round in this draft.  Hope we use a 2nd round pick on a RB and go with DE in round 1 now.  Or Howie pull a Howie and trade out of the 1st round and pick up another 2nd or something.  Wouldn't be too upset with 3 2nd round picks plus an extra 2nd next year.

Oof, Jacobs' pro day was awful.  4.63 and 4.66 in his 40 times.  That's going to drop him out of the first round in this draft.  Hope we use a 2nd round pick on a RB and go with DE in round 1 now.  Or Howie pull a Howie and trade out of the 1st round and pick up another 2nd or something.  Wouldn't be too upset with 3 2nd round picks plus an extra 2nd next year.
Jacobs in the second pls

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
pass on him, this class on RB leaves a lot to be desired....Miles Sanders and Henderson would be better picks, I guess Philly is pigeon holed a bit, not much on the roster and a bad class....maybe a SF trade would be best? or trade for Hunt post suspension? LOL. 
Ajayi is still out there.  I was just hoping to get some kind of long term solution at rb but it's not looking like that's going to happen this year... Really wanted ingram

We don’t have what I would consider an average RB though. I agree it’s a replaceable position but you need some talent there. 

I was thinking you guys should've gone after Malcolm Brown. Good fit & the price is right.

I was hoping so as far as FF is concerned, anyway. That said, Detroit has some potential.

Last edited by a moderator:
bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
pass on him, this class on RB leaves a lot to be desired....Miles Sanders and Henderson would be better picks, I guess Philly is pigeon holed a bit, not much on the roster and a bad class....maybe a SF trade would be best? or trade for Hunt post suspension? LOL. 
Agree on Jacobs.

I'd be fine with Jacobs in the 2nd, but not spending a 1st on him.  There's a few other decent options in the 2nd too.  Yea, you're not getting an Ezekiel Elliot caliber talent, but you can get an above average starter, and that in itself is a huge upgrade.

I'd be fine with Jacobs in the 2nd, but not spending a 1st on him.  There's a few other decent options in the 2nd too.  Yea, you're not getting an Ezekiel Elliot caliber talent, but you can get an above average starter, and that in itself is a huge upgrade.
I'd love to get him in the second.   I read an interesting tidbit on Twitter: the last running back to run above a 4.6 40 at the combine or pro day and go in the first round was Mark Ingram.

Definitely super cheap. Just hope he has something left. Apparently he was abysmal in TB 
Do we bring more players back than any other team in the league?  Would be interested in seeing the stats on it but highly doubt they're out there anywhere.  We seem to bring a lot of guys back like Djax, JMatt, Curry, etc.  Is a good sign that players leave without hard feelings most of the time and they're happy to come back to the city.

Do we bring more players back than any other team in the league?  Would be interested in seeing the stats on it but highly doubt they're out there anywhere.  We seem to bring a lot of guys back like Djax, JMatt, Curry, etc.  Is a good sign that players leave without hard feelings most of the time and they're happy to come back to the city.
Aside from Chip Kelly, I think players appreciate how the organization treats them since Lurie bought the team. Owens is the only player I can think of during that time who left on bad terms and never reconciled, but he's definitely a unique outlier.

Nah hes a terrible human. He intentionally tries to hurt people and it's amazing the NFL hasn't banned him yet with their whole thing on "player Safety". 

If Chip was still here most of the mentioned guys above wouldn't be back. DJax said he had no hard feelings with us other then Chip 

If you get a starting RB that gives you consistent play out of the 2nd round, that's a win. He's consistent and cheap for 4 years then.

Former Eagle 1st rounder WR Jeremy Maclin announced his retirement today. Pretty good career I must say for him. 

Former Eagle 1st rounder WR Jeremy Maclin announced his retirement today. Pretty good career I must say for him. 
Not really. He had 2 good seasons out of 10. For a first round pick, that's pretty underwhelming. His career will be remembered for the injuries and the potential. 

DJackson10 said:
He looked amazing early.  Thought him and djax would have made a great core if they hadn't been separated

Users who are viewing this thread