What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now... (8 Viewers)

Scared.  But hopeful.  Need a shootout for fantasy. 

Gonna go 30-27 in OT.
I'm scared because Jalen Mills isn't playing. Despite Julio Jones has averaged 17 targets, 10 catches, 135 yards....‬ Mills has yet to allow him in the EZ. Either way I got Wentz/Ertz/Ridley/Freeman going tonight. Hoping for an Eagles win and I need at least 50 combine points from these 4 

I'm scared because Jalen Mills isn't playing. Despite Julio Jones has averaged 17 targets, 10 catches, 135 yards....‬ Mills has yet to allow him in the EZ. Either way I got Wentz/Ertz/Ridley/Freeman going tonight. Hoping for an Eagles win and I need at least 50 combine points from these 4 
50 from Wentz aughta do it.

We may have lost but our QB showed tonight why he's here. Wentz down to his 3-4 and 5 WRs and one TE showed a lot of guts and willed this team back when some QBs would've quite that my QB and #### you if you don't believe in him 

If we lose to Detroit next week, we could be staring at 1-3 after a short week trip to Green Bay.  What a difference things would be if he caught that routine pass.  Crushing.

I would like to direct you Eagles fans to the "Mike Tomlin, Is it time to go" thread.  There is apparently some debate as to whether or not Pederson is in the upper tier of coaches lol.  I firmly believe that he is in that upper tier.  I don't see how they lose to the Lions next week.  This is the Lions that we're talking about.

I would like to direct you Eagles fans to the "Mike Tomlin, Is it time to go" thread.  There is apparently some debate as to whether or not Pederson is in the upper tier of coaches lol.  I firmly believe that he is in that upper tier.  I don't see how they lose to the Lions next week.  This is the Lions that we're talking about.
The undefeated lions.

If we lose to Detroit next week, we could be staring at 1-3 after a short week trip to Green Bay.  What a difference things would be if he caught that routine pass.  Crushing.
You guys won’t  loose to Detroit...

(Lions homer) 

We suck. We are healthy, and TRY to loose games.

Sorry you guys lost so many skill player tonight ... but my Lions will lay down for ya next week 👍🏼

You guys won’t  loose to Detroit...

(Lions homer) 

We suck. We are healthy, and TRY to loose games.

Sorry you guys lost so many skill player tonight ... but my Lions will lay down for ya next week 👍🏼
Not saying we will, but crazier things have happened.  Just really bummed about this loss, and the upcoming schedule isn't overly forgiving.

I didn’t get a chance to see most of the game.  Why wasn’t Arcega-Whiteside more involved with Jeffery and DJax out?

Last edited by a moderator:
thought it was a well played game. My only concern with the team is why both games this season they start out slow and sluggish in the first half. i don't know if it is an over-confidence knowing they can come back in almost any game, but would rather see them come in and set a tone every once in awhile.

If i had to guess, one thing that always stuck with me when Reid was here was how he talked about the season in "4 quarters". and how the 1st quarter wasn't as big of a deal as having to prepare for a playoff run and finish the season strong. not sure if that has anything to do with the slow starts

I didn’t get a chance to see most of the game.  Why was Arcega-Whiteside not more involved with Jeffery and DJax out?
if i had to guess, this is where holding Carson back a bit pre-season may have hurt. last time JJ seemed involved was on a play he almost caused an INT because he didn't look back for the ball. Carson seemed pissed a little, and didn't see much action with JJ after that

thought it was a well played game. My only concern with the team is why both games this season they start out slow and sluggish in the first half. i don't know if it is an over-confidence knowing they can come back in almost any game, but would rather see them come in and set a tone every once in awhile.
they started slow OFTEN last year too. Not sure what that's all about, but I'm a little concerned about that too

I didn't understand the running game tonight. They said the Vikings dominated with off tackle stuff last week yet we were trying to pound the A gap as hard as we could. Didn't make any sense.

Also, if Carson gave himself up on the 2 pt conversion, wouldn't that make the tackles late hits with a 15 yard personal foul? So they'd replay the down.

That whole rule is just dumb as hell.

Also, if Carson gave himself up on the 2 pt conversion, wouldn't that make the tackles late hits with a 15 yard personal foul? So they'd replay the down.

That whole rule is just dumb as hell.
This and the use of replay foroffensive  pass interference. I sometimes don’t underwent why I follow this game when the people who run are the worst people in the world.

Also, I’m gonna get an ulcer watching Wentz. He makes my jaw drop with the Houdini act and I genuinely want to see him get everything in his career he desires. But why oh why is he diving head first on plays? I guess in the moment he (and Doug) don’t ever think long-term.

What a horrible loss

Love the fight back but our slow start killed us again.  Fumble on the kickoff in the second half really hurt.  Those things were just as bad as Nelson forgetting how to catch the easiest pass of his life

Losing DeSean Jackson, Alshon Jeffery, and Dallas Goedert would have crippled most teams. Wentz was still one horrible dropped pass by Agholar away from beating a playoff-caliber team in their stadium. Every loss hurts and could end up costing a home game in the playoffs, but in the big picture, the fact that this came down to the last play of the game shows just how good this Eagles team is.

In addition to the slow start and injuries on offense, I thought the O line had a pretty bad game, especially Seumalo. Peters was getting beat more often than usual too.

Hoping this is the last year we have to see Seumalo and Vaitai. 

Vaitai has played 20 snaps this season, he has 3 holding calls.  That's almost 1 a drive.  At this point, anything is better than he is.  I don't understand why they would bring him in as a 6th OL guy instead of Dillard.  

Seumalo isn't far behind Vaitai.  The dude just flat out sucks. 

Carson’s 2nd half resilience is amazing, and shows why he is a good QB. However his first half play is mind boggling. Horrible throws, out of sync, not very settled in, etc. Doug is an amazing coach and I been a fan before he was coach in Philly but those two have got to get that figured out. Eagles were extremely lucky that they were playing a team that did everything they could to let Philly be in this game. Against a good team and a better QB (Ryan was awful) it would have been 28-0 at half.  The injuries were freakish, but Carson was bad out of the gate. He’s too good to play like that. When Philly is playing like they are capable of, then I don’t know think that anyone can catch them.  But if a good team takes advantage of Carson’s slow start, (unlike Ryan throwing picks in the red zone, end zone, etc) then the injuries that come up thru the game are going to be too much to overcome. 

I have no doubt Doug and Carson will figure it out. They are both too good at this.

Carson’s 2nd half resilience is amazing, and shows why he is a good QB. However his first half play is mind boggling. Horrible throws, out of sync, not very settled in, etc. Doug is an amazing coach and I been a fan before he was coach in Philly but those two have got to get that figured out. Eagles were extremely lucky that they were playing a team that did everything they could to let Philly be in this game. Against a good team and a better QB (Ryan was awful) it would have been 28-0 at half.  The injuries were freakish, but Carson was bad out of the gate. He’s too good to play like that. When Philly is playing like they are capable of, then I don’t know think that anyone can catch them.  But if a good team takes advantage of Carson’s slow start, (unlike Ryan throwing picks in the red zone, end zone, etc) then the injuries that come up thru the game are going to be too much to overcome. 

I have no doubt Doug and Carson will figure it out. They are both too good at this.
I have zero concern about Wentz.  Top 3 quarterback in the league when healthy and he showed it again last night.  I think people are under estimating how difficult it is working with a group of receivers all week in practice and suddenly having the second team in there who have spent the week working with your backup.  

Wentz made a few bad throws, as all quarterbacks do, and on the one throw, Arcega-Whiteside was supposed to come back, as Wentz threw it as a back shoulder fade.  Again, he was throwing to receivers that he rarely works with. And I won't even mention the drops by Agholar.  ugh  I also wouldn't be surprised to find out this week that he has bruised ribs. That shot he took was brutal. 

I do share your concern about the overall slow start at the Eagles always seem to have. That's something Peterson better get worked out. 

I have zero concern about Wentz.  Top 3 quarterback in the league when healthy and he showed it again last night.  I think people are under estimating how difficult it is working with a group of receivers all week in practice and suddenly having the second team in there who have spent the week working with your backup.  

Wentz made a few bad throws, as all quarterbacks do, and on the one throw, Arcega-Whiteside was supposed to come back, as Wentz threw it as a back shoulder fade.  Again, he was throwing to receivers that he rarely works with. And I won't even mention the drops by Agholar.  ugh  I also wouldn't be surprised to find out this week that he has bruised ribs. That shot he took was brutal. 

I do share your concern about the overall slow start at the Eagles always seem to have. That's something Peterson better get worked out. 
WR drops and wrong routes suck, and It’s an unfair stat for a QB. The receivers have to do better, after all they are professionals no matter what string they are.

Yesterday Dak’s lone pick hit the WR right in BOTH hands, but deflected in to a Skin DB. 

Can we just talk about the Clement fumble for a second? I don't mind most fumbles, but fumbles where the runner is carrying the ball in the wrong hand?! Clement got the kickoff, went to his right and kept the ball in his upfield (left) hand. So of course when someone hits him, they hit the ball and he fumbles. So unnecessary since running backs are taught since Pop Warner to carry the ball in the outside hand. Ryan Mathews did the same thing 3 years ago when we were protecting a lead late against Detroit and we lost because he fumbled giving the Lions the opportunity to score and win the game. I hate players who make mistakes because they don't follow the fundamentals.

Can we just talk about the Clement fumble for a second? I don't mind most fumbles, but fumbles where the runner is carrying the ball in the wrong hand?! Clement got the kickoff, went to his right and kept the ball in his upfield (left) hand. So of course when someone hits him, they hit the ball and he fumbles. So unnecessary since running backs are taught since Pop Warner to carry the ball in the outside hand. Ryan Mathews did the same thing 3 years ago when we were protecting a lead late against Detroit and we lost because he fumbled giving the Lions the opportunity to score and win the game. I hate players who make mistakes because they don't follow the fundamentals.
I saw that fumble coming a mile away. 

Users who are viewing this thread