Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Insein

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Josina Anderson continues to make a living off causing drama...

Recommended Posts

Hoping this is the last year we have to see Seumalo and Vaitai. 

Vaitai has played 20 snaps this season, he has 3 holding calls.  That's almost 1 a drive.  At this point, anything is better than he is.  I don't understand why they would bring him in as a 6th OL guy instead of Dillard.  

Seumalo isn't far behind Vaitai.  The dude just flat out sucks. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carson’s 2nd half resilience is amazing, and shows why he is a good QB. However his first half play is mind boggling. Horrible throws, out of sync, not very settled in, etc. Doug is an amazing coach and I been a fan before he was coach in Philly but those two have got to get that figured out. Eagles were extremely lucky that they were playing a team that did everything they could to let Philly be in this game. Against a good team and a better QB (Ryan was awful) it would have been 28-0 at half.  The injuries were freakish, but Carson was bad out of the gate. He’s too good to play like that. When Philly is playing like they are capable of, then I don’t know think that anyone can catch them.  But if a good team takes advantage of Carson’s slow start, (unlike Ryan throwing picks in the red zone, end zone, etc) then the injuries that come up thru the game are going to be too much to overcome. 

I have no doubt Doug and Carson will figure it out. They are both too good at this.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, G-King said:

Carson’s 2nd half resilience is amazing, and shows why he is a good QB. However his first half play is mind boggling. Horrible throws, out of sync, not very settled in, etc. Doug is an amazing coach and I been a fan before he was coach in Philly but those two have got to get that figured out. Eagles were extremely lucky that they were playing a team that did everything they could to let Philly be in this game. Against a good team and a better QB (Ryan was awful) it would have been 28-0 at half.  The injuries were freakish, but Carson was bad out of the gate. He’s too good to play like that. When Philly is playing like they are capable of, then I don’t know think that anyone can catch them.  But if a good team takes advantage of Carson’s slow start, (unlike Ryan throwing picks in the red zone, end zone, etc) then the injuries that come up thru the game are going to be too much to overcome. 

I have no doubt Doug and Carson will figure it out. They are both too good at this.

I have zero concern about Wentz.  Top 3 quarterback in the league when healthy and he showed it again last night.  I think people are under estimating how difficult it is working with a group of receivers all week in practice and suddenly having the second team in there who have spent the week working with your backup.  

Wentz made a few bad throws, as all quarterbacks do, and on the one throw, Arcega-Whiteside was supposed to come back, as Wentz threw it as a back shoulder fade.  Again, he was throwing to receivers that he rarely works with. And I won't even mention the drops by Agholar.  ugh  I also wouldn't be surprised to find out this week that he has bruised ribs. That shot he took was brutal. 

I do share your concern about the overall slow start at the Eagles always seem to have. That's something Peterson better get worked out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

I have zero concern about Wentz.  Top 3 quarterback in the league when healthy and he showed it again last night.  I think people are under estimating how difficult it is working with a group of receivers all week in practice and suddenly having the second team in there who have spent the week working with your backup.  

Wentz made a few bad throws, as all quarterbacks do, and on the one throw, Arcega-Whiteside was supposed to come back, as Wentz threw it as a back shoulder fade.  Again, he was throwing to receivers that he rarely works with. And I won't even mention the drops by Agholar.  ugh  I also wouldn't be surprised to find out this week that he has bruised ribs. That shot he took was brutal. 

I do share your concern about the overall slow start at the Eagles always seem to have. That's something Peterson better get worked out. 

WR drops and wrong routes suck, and It’s an unfair stat for a QB. The receivers have to do better, after all they are professionals no matter what string they are.

 Yesterday Dak’s lone pick hit the WR right in BOTH hands, but deflected in to a Skin DB. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we just talk about the Clement fumble for a second? I don't mind most fumbles, but fumbles where the runner is carrying the ball in the wrong hand?! Clement got the kickoff, went to his right and kept the ball in his upfield (left) hand. So of course when someone hits him, they hit the ball and he fumbles. So unnecessary since running backs are taught since Pop Warner to carry the ball in the outside hand. Ryan Mathews did the same thing 3 years ago when we were protecting a lead late against Detroit and we lost because he fumbled giving the Lions the opportunity to score and win the game. I hate players who make mistakes because they don't follow the fundamentals.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dhockster said:

Can we just talk about the Clement fumble for a second? I don't mind most fumbles, but fumbles where the runner is carrying the ball in the wrong hand?! Clement got the kickoff, went to his right and kept the ball in his upfield (left) hand. So of course when someone hits him, they hit the ball and he fumbles. So unnecessary since running backs are taught since Pop Warner to carry the ball in the outside hand. Ryan Mathews did the same thing 3 years ago when we were protecting a lead late against Detroit and we lost because he fumbled giving the Lions the opportunity to score and win the game. I hate players who make mistakes because they don't follow the fundamentals.

I saw that fumble coming a mile away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isaac Seumalo tonight had one of the worst single game grades by any player at any position in PFF history. He allowed two sacks, six QB hurries, committed three penalties, and graded equally poor as a run blocker and pass blocker.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Insein said:

Also, if Carson gave himself up on the 2 pt conversion, wouldn't that make the tackles late hits with a 15 yard personal foul? So they'd replay the down.

That whole rule is just dumb as hell.

yeah, listened to Birds with Friends podcast this morning and this was exactly the point Bo Wulf brought up. Also mentioned how this rule in the NFL applies with a QB sneak. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, dhockster said:

Can we just talk about the Clement fumble for a second? I don't mind most fumbles, but fumbles where the runner is carrying the ball in the wrong hand?! Clement got the kickoff, went to his right and kept the ball in his upfield (left) hand. So of course when someone hits him, they hit the ball and he fumbles. So unnecessary since running backs are taught since Pop Warner to carry the ball in the outside hand. Ryan Mathews did the same thing 3 years ago when we were protecting a lead late against Detroit and we lost because he fumbled giving the Lions the opportunity to score and win the game. I hate players who make mistakes because they don't follow the fundamentals.

hard to say. he left the game in a sling, so somewhere on that play his shoulder got banged up real good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

 

 

Seumolo was lined up against Grady Jackson right? Being graded the worst OL is pretty sucky, but at the same time Grady is one of the best DL guys out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doug did say he thinks Goedert, Alshon and DeSean could have "gutted it out" if the game was a must-win.


Doug Pederson was asked what #Eagles found were causes for slow offensive starts last season and why they're still happening: "I just have to find the magical plays," he said. Just the plays or also execution? "It's always the plays. That's on me. I got to do a better job."

 

Doug Pederson: Haven’t had medical meeting yet. Has no updates on injuries. #Eagles

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Tim Jernigan broke his foot and will miss at least a month. That’s the #2 and 3 DT’s down now. 

hearing 6 weeks.  We are so screwed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got a blurb that Jernigan could be out for the season. DL getting very thin all of a sudden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should have taught Mailata to play DT...

 

edit: yes I know he's probably too tall, its a joke

Edited by babydemon90
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Announcers keep talking over and over again about all the talent on this Eagles team.  I think maybe they just aren't as good as people rate them as. Age is catching up to them hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Tim Jernigan broke his foot and will miss at least a month. That’s the #2 and 3 DT’s down now. 

That sucks, good news is Fletch Lives. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Insein said:

Also, if Carson gave himself up on the 2 pt conversion, wouldn't that make the tackles late hits with a 15 yard personal foul? So they'd replay the down.

That whole rule is just dumb as hell.

Yes the NFLofficail twitter page fans asked that and its getting completely ignored. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dhockster said:

Can we just talk about the Clement fumble for a second? I don't mind most fumbles, but fumbles where the runner is carrying the ball in the wrong hand?! Clement got the kickoff, went to his right and kept the ball in his upfield (left) hand. So of course when someone hits him, they hit the ball and he fumbles. So unnecessary since running backs are taught since Pop Warner to carry the ball in the outside hand. Ryan Mathews did the same thing 3 years ago when we were protecting a lead late against Detroit and we lost because he fumbled giving the Lions the opportunity to score and win the game. I hate players who make mistakes because they don't follow the fundamentals.

I still don't get why we don't have actual experienced KR specialist. Why is Clement and Sanders out there and last year we had Smallwood. It's why I kind of wanted Micheal Campanoro the Former Bal WR. He's more of a return specialist. Just mind boggling to me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, modogg said:

hard to say. he left the game in a sling, so somewhere on that play his shoulder got banged up real good. 

Rap is reporting a shoulder sprain but team will know more as the week goes. Said he could be out a week or two at most 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Tim Jernigan broke his foot and will miss at least a month. That’s the #2 and 3 DT’s down now. 

It's apparently a mild crack. My Co workers Its a fairly small fracture but hurts like a ##### still. My co workers son explained it to me as it was similar crack as when I hurt my foot last April with the manual jack at work. if you didn't know the person Xray you were looking at they were trying to see a fracture you'd never know 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

It's apparently a mild crack. My Co workers Its a fairly small fracture but hurts like a ##### still. My co workers son explained it to me as it was similar crack as when I hurt my foot last April with the manual jack at work. if you didn't know the person Xray you were looking at they were trying to see a fracture you'd never know 

I'd imagine any kind of foot crack on a 300lb man is excruciating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Insein said:

Just got a blurb that Jernigan could be out for the season. DL getting very thin all of a sudden.

This was from John Clarke an hour ago. It doesn't seem like he'll be out that long 

‪I can confirm that Tim Jernigan did break his foot but I’m told it is a small crack. Will not require surgery. Will miss a month or so‬

‪#Eagles ‬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, modogg said:

yeah, listened to Birds with Friends podcast this morning and this was exactly the point Bo Wulf brought up. Also mentioned how this rule in the NFL applies with a QB sneak. 

it wouldnt because QB isn't actually diving toward the ground.

Hate the rule just as much as you do, but if not apples to oranges comparison, it's at least peaches to nectarines

 

Also, I kind of think this was an unintended consequence of a rule change. I think it's a safe bet they never intended this to be called on a goal line dive. It makes sense in the middle of the field where the QB is clearly diving away from a tackle to avoid getting hit (which many QBs do...they don't all slide well and diving while more dangerous to the noggin is safer to the legs/knees). Also would like to see the exact verbiage of the rule...wouldn't be shocked to find the officials applied it incorrectly

Edited by renesauz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Insein said:

I'd imagine any kind of foot crack on a 300lb man is excruciating.

yeah it is I'm just speaking from experience though of cracking my toe last year. It sucks. You'd be surprised if you've only broken a bone big time. Some people who get the slightest fracture will even say they were better off breaking that bone fully. Mine hurt so bad I had to use one of those handicap carts the customers used to move around and get into a car so my dad could drive me to the hospital 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like injuries have plagued us the last 3 seasons. Bad luck I guess. 

I want new CBs next year. Not sure why there were no changes made during the off-season but I’m so tired of getting beat deep. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, babydemon90 said:

We should have taught Mailata to play DT...

 

edit: yes I know he's probably too tall, its a joke

juan castillo likes this

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2019 at 2:41 PM, Deamon said:

TRADE FOR Ramsey NOW!

I'll give you a Minka and Raise you a Ramsey. Jalen Ramsey is seeking a trade from JAX 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

I'll give you a Minka and Raise you a Ramsey. Jalen Ramsey is seeking a trade from JAX 

I would be happy with either but I bet Ramsay is more expensive 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, need2know said:

I would be happy with either but I bet Ramsay is more expensive 

I would think he would be too. But we've seen Howie get the better in trades too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

I'll give you a Minka and Raise you a Ramsey. Jalen Ramsey is seeking a trade from JAX 

I would rather Minkah.  He's going to be way cheaper both in the amount we pay him and the amount we pay FOR him.  2nd year of a rookie deal is such a good value in today's NFL (as long as there's no hold out)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Deamon said:

I would rather Minkah.  He's going to be way cheaper both in the amount we pay him and the amount we pay FOR him.  2nd year of a rookie deal is such a good value in today's NFL (as long as there's no hold out)

Minkah just got traded to Pitt for a 2020 1st 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DJackson10 said:

Minkah just got traded to Pitt for a 2020 1st 

Yep.  Insane.  We couldnt/shouldnt have paid that much.  We would have had to do 2 1sts probably and don't think he's worth that. 

That's potentially a top 5 pick. Great return by Miami. Not sure why pitt would do that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Yep.  Insane.  We couldnt/shouldnt have paid that much.  We would have had to do 2 1sts probably and don't think he's worth that. 

That's potentially a top 5 pick. Great return by Miami. Not sure why pitt would do that. 

What a great trade for miami

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Minkah just got traded to Pitt for a 2020 1st 

Better than the Cowpies. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, need2know said:

What a great trade for miami

yeah. Pitt likely top 5-8 pick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the surface it looks bad but hat’s a franchise I’ve learned to trust so I’m going to see how this plays out moving forward. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Yep.  Insane.  We couldnt/shouldnt have paid that much.  We would have had to do 2 1sts probably and don't think he's worth that. 

That's potentially a top 5 pick. Great return by Miami. Not sure why pitt would do that. 

I'd like to imagine Roseman was offering a 1st as well (no idea), but after Ben going out of course Miami would jump on that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, travdogg said:

Can't imagine Ramsey doesn't cost at least 2 1st rounders. Does anyone like that? 

Idk. Lock down CB potentially for the rest of his career. I'd say that's worth 2 1sts in a vacuum. Howie could make it work. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, babydemon90 said:

I'd like to imagine Roseman was offering a 1st as well (no idea), but after Ben going out of course Miami would jump on that.

Probably the case.  Don't blame Miami at all for taking Pits offer, and I don't even feel bad for missing out.

It's like Blind Bidding in Fantasy.  Sucks when you miss on your player to a guy that bid $1 more than you, but feels okay to lose him if he went for double what you bid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

On the surface it looks bad but hat’s a franchise I’ve learned to trust so I’m going to see how this plays out moving forward. 

Nah.  As a Steelers fan, I agree with Deamon.  It was a really, really dumb and risky move.  This is a team that has pretty much never made a splash in the trade market.  All of a sudden they trade away a potential top 10 or top 5 pick for a corner (with a defensive coordinator who will probably waste him away).  It was likely just a panic move.  

Edited by fred_1_15301
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

Nah.  As a Steelers fan, I agree with Deamon.  It was a really, really dumb and risky move.  This is a team that has pretty much never made a splash in the trade market.  All of a sudden they trade away a potential top 10 or top 5 pick for a corner (with a defensive coordinator who will probably waste him away).  It was likely just a panic move.  

Yea really weird. Steelers are usually pretty sound when it comes to protecting draft picks. Very panicked move considering the extreme need at QB they have going forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Insein said:

Yea really weird. Steelers are usually pretty sound when it comes to protecting draft picks. Very panicked move considering the extreme need at QB they have going forward.

I guess since they just extended him for 3 years, there's no way they're cutting him this offseason - so if they know they have him next year, they already determined they weren't gonna draft a QB in the 1st? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Insein said:

Yea really weird. Steelers are usually pretty sound when it comes to protecting draft picks. Very panicked move considering the extreme need at QB they have going forward.

I don't love the move but it's only an extreme move if Rudolph doesn't pan out at all (I mean he would have to show in the next 14 games that he is definitely not the long term answer).  He has a full year to showcase his ability.  He's looked good in his limited action and he's had time to learn the system.  If he ends up being good, the trade will end up being a steal.  If the opposite, it will end up being a bad trade.  Personally I just think it's a pretty big gamble.  But this is truly a trade that can't be evaluated right now.

Edited by fred_1_15301
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well moving on form Fitz to Ramsey :)

Still would do a 1st.  More then that - maybe? We'd have to shell out a new contact right away but still. We're gonna have a lot of money come free next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, babydemon90 said:

Well moving on form Fitz to Ramsey :)

Still would do a 1st.  More then that - maybe? We'd have to shell out a new contact right away but still. We're gonna have a lot of money come free next year.

CB is one of the positions they've shown they are willing to invest in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, babydemon90 said:

I guess since they just extended him for 3 years, there's no way they're cutting him this offseason - so if they know they have him next year, they already determined they weren't gonna draft a QB in the 1st? 

Yea but he did think about retiring just last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.