What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now... (5 Viewers)

Rams win!!!! Good bye ####### Sean Payton. Saints will complain about the non call but the refs bailed them out of the shadow of their own EZ last week on a bogus call against the Eagles  plus there was an Offensive hold in the EZ as well. 

Rams win!!!! Good bye ####### Sean Payton. Saints will complain about the non call but the refs bailed them out of the shadow of their own EZ last week on a bogus call against the Eagles  plus there was an Offensive hold in the EZ as well. 
Stop. That call literally lost them the game. 

Now what I want to know is are they wearing the ski masks and playing Dreams and Nightmares after this game? 

Sorry I couldn’t help it and I’m kidding 

Stop. That call literally lost them the game. 

Now what I want to know is are they wearing the ski masks and playing Dreams and Nightmares after this game? 

Sorry I couldn’t help it and I’m kidding 
Well I’m just glad you posted this in the Eagles thread and not the Saints thread. Because that wouldn’t be cool.  If the Pats win, I refuse to watch the Super Bowl 

Man I hate the Pats......so glad our SB win was against them. One day Brady has to retire.....right?
I can’t even hate them. I just can’t. Growing up I used to hate the Bulls and Jordan in the 90’s and I should have been appreciating greatness. 

We beat them and I LOVE IT! But we are so lucky to be alive now. We saw our first SB and are seeing the best QB to play and the best coach (in any sport) to play. Enjoy it. 

I can’t even hate them. I just can’t. Growing up I used to hate the Bulls and Jordan in the 90’s and I should have been appreciating greatness. 

We beat them and I LOVE IT! But we are so lucky to be alive now. We saw our first SB and are seeing the best QB to play and the best coach (in any sport) to play. Enjoy it. 
Nothing at all to enjoy about it IMO.  Both of those guys are hateable

fred_1_15301 said:
Well I’m just glad you posted this in the Eagles thread and not the Saints thread. Because that wouldn’t be cool.  If the Pats win, I refuse to watch the Super Bowl 
I know he's kidding but we got the same #### from NO fans that we shouldn't cry about the call and then the next week they are crying about a call that lost them the game? Honestly the Saints shouldn't have won last week they really weren't that impressive and the Eagles did so much to shoot themselves in the foot. We aren't the type of guys who are gonna go on other teams threads. We aren't like some people who love to come into our thread obsessed over us

I disagree. I think Brady and Bill were in the right place right time with all the rule changes that favor offenses now. You can barely touch a receiver without a penalty. I think Montana would be shredding records Bray put up today if he had these rules and Favre took some huge hits in his career that would be penalties now. I hate to say it but I was more impressed with the Steelers and Cowboys dynasty because of all the stuff they put up within multiple rules that weren't in their favor Brady does today. Same reason I'm not gonna call GS the greatest NBA dynasty. The NBA has become soft I'd love to see just how good GS would've been in Jordan's Era of Dominace of the Bird and Magic years. Even Reggie Miller said he was impressed with Curry but the dude gets some favoritism with the lacks Defensive rules today that favor more offense. 

Either wayI think it's unfair to compare players and coaches of different sports and different eras do to the rules today 

I know.  I’m just messing around.  The only good thing is that the loss had nothing to do with Reid.  If the Chiefs won the coin toss, I think they win the game.
F the coin toss lol. If Dee Ford lines up correctly they win. 

I feel VERY bad for Reid. He’s going to take this loss in a short period of time no one will remember he lost cause a guy couldn’t stay out of the neutral zone. 

Nothing at all to enjoy about it IMO.  Both of those guys are hateable
That doesn't even include the cheating. Bill is so smug and Brady has the punchable privilege white private school student act and face. And plus just based on former players there yeh they are winning titles but the guys leaving keep saying I didn't enjoy playing football there. Unless you are a brainwashed Bill guy like Vrabel, Harrison etc types. 

I disagree. I think Brady and Bill were in the right place right time with all the rule changes that favor offenses now. You can barely touch a receiver without a penalty. I think Montana would be shredding records Bray put up today if he had these rules and Favre took some huge hits in his career that would be penalties now. I hate to say it but I was more impressed with the Steelers and Cowboys dynasty because of all the stuff they put up within multiple rules that weren't in their favor Brady does today. Same reason I'm not gonna call GS the greatest NBA dynasty. The NBA has become soft I'd love to see just how good GS would've been in Jordan's Era of Dominace of the Bird and Magic years. Even Reggie Miller said he was impressed with Curry but the dude gets some favoritism with the lacks Defensive rules today that favor more offense. 

Either wayI think it's unfair to compare players and coaches of different sports and different eras do to the rules today 
I gotcha. One day when you’re 65 and your kids and grand kids ask you who the best was you’ll say something like “well, if a guy named blah played in blah maybe him” lol

Stop and appreciate what you’re seeing. 

I gotcha. One day when you’re 65 and your kids and grand kids ask you who the best was you’ll say something like “well, if a guy named blah played in blah maybe him” lol

Stop and appreciate what you’re seeing. 
Nah can't respect it when there's possible cheating involved. Sorry but to me they get an asterisk just like Bonds, McGwire and the rest of the guys in Baseball or were juicing up. Their talent and accomplishments weren't natural. We don't know how much cheating the Patriots have done or gotten away with and never will because Rodger had all the evidence destroyed that would've given everyone clarity. Where theres smoke theres usually fire. I also have zero respect on a guy who cheats on his pregnant girl which Brady did when dating Monahen and was banging Giesle on the side. That's just a completely scummy move me. Cheating on the mother of you baby thats she's carrying? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah can't respect it when there's possible cheating involved. Sorry but to me they get an asterisk just like Bonds, McGwire and the rest of the guys in Baseball or were juicing up. Their talent and accomplishments weren't natural. We don't know how much cheating the Patriots have done or gotten away with and never will because Rodger had all the evidence destroyed that would've given everyone clarity. Where theres smoke theres usually fire. 
You’re right. We don’t know. And that’s exactly why they’re they greatest, ever. 

I have 10 and 8 year old boys. I’m making sure they take as much of this in as possible. They may never see guys like this again. 

I won't be watching the SB this year. I probably won't even be in my house so there's no temptation to turn the game on. 
My wife happens to be traveling out of the country the day before the Super Bowl leaving me with a 4 year old and 2 year old on Super Bowl Sunday .  I don't plan on DVRing the game.  I'm going to enjoy my evening with the kids that evening/night.      :shrug:  

You’re right. We don’t know. And that’s exactly why they’re they greatest, ever. 

I have 10 and 8 year old boys. I’m making sure they take as much of this in as possible. They may never see guys like this again. 
With the way the NFL is going rules wise someones gonna be breaking records it's only a matter of time. Maybe not in my life time but certainly my kids. I don't think thats what makes it great though not knowing how much cheating there was. To me it just puts a black eye on the trophy case. You could call me obsessed over this but if the tapes and evidence wasn't going to show anything substantial why did Goodell have NFL people destroy that evidence so quick? You don't do that unless you are hiding something. Like I stated in the AFC Title Game thread Kraft and Goodell are great friends and Kraft is one of the biggest reasons Rodger is head honcho of the league right now. Conflict of interest there. The reason why Rodger went so hard after Brady and Bill on Deflategate was he knew if he didn't he'd be accused of letting his friend's team off easy again. But again why destroy the tapes. Looks no different then the whole donaghey thing when Stern swept it under the rug so quick. If I'm the comish of my league Id want a full blown Private and public investigation by my own league and independent investigators to just see how far it goes and keep the trust of the paying fans. By destroying those tapes Rodger hurt any credit the Patriots could've received if the tapes showed the cheating didn't matter in the end

With the way the NFL is going rules wise someones gonna be breaking records it's only a matter of time. Maybe not in my life time but certainly my kids. I don't think thats what makes it great though not knowing how much cheating there was. To me it just puts a black eye on the trophy case. You could call me obsessed over this but if the tapes and evidence wasn't going to show anything substantial why did Goodell have NFL people destroy that evidence so quick? You don't do that unless you are hiding something. Like I stated in the AFC Title Game thread Kraft and Goodell are great friends and Kraft is one of the biggest reasons Rodger is head honcho of the league right now. Conflict of interest there. The reason why Rodger went so hard after Brady and Bill on Deflategate was he knew if he didn't he'd be accused of letting his friend's team off easy again. But again why destroy the tapes. Looks no different then the whole donaghey thing when Stern swept it under the rug so quick. If I'm the comish of my league Id want a full blown Private and public investigation by my own league and independent investigators to just see how far it goes and keep the trust of the paying fans. By destroying those tapes Rodger hurt any credit the Patriots could've received if the tapes showed the cheating didn't matter in the end
Feel free to head down that hole if you want for however long you’d like. That’s your call. 

This kind of domination won’t be seen for a long, long time. If ever. Appreciate it and have fun 👍 

And I think we need to take into account just how pathetic the AFC East is outside of NE. No real competition outside the mid 2000s of Rex's Ryan's Jets and that was all because of their defense not buttfumble. It's the easiest division to predict who's winning each year. 

Cowboys and Steelers dynasties we're precap era. They could just pay to keep all of those hall of famers together. Pats have been recycling this team for 18 years and getting it done. How many hall of famers besides Brady are on these Patriots teams from the last 18 years?

Feel free to head down that hole if you want for however long you’d like. That’s your call. 

This kind of domination won’t be seen for a long, long time. If ever. Appreciate it and have fun 👍 
Like I said I just can't do it. I can't appreciate a team who may have won multiple titles not doing it the right way. I feel the same in Baseball Barry Bonds should never be in the HOF nor Rodger Clemens, Sosa, Pettite etc. And Like I edited but too late when you responded I have zero resect for Brady after he cheated on his pregnant GF. Its a real scummy thing to do. 

Like I said I just can't do it. I can't appreciate a team who may have won multiple titles not doing it the right way. I feel the same in Baseball Barry Bonds should never be in the HOF nor Rodger Clemens, Sosa, Pettite etc. And Like I edited but too late when you responded I have zero resect for Brady after he cheated on his pregnant GF. Its a real scummy thing to do. 
Yeah, what a guy does to his pregnant GF isn’t on my radar. At all. 

Performance enhancers aren’t the same as a deflated football. 

And I think we need to take into account just how pathetic the AFC East is outside of NE. No real competition outside the mid 2000s of Rex's Ryan's Jets and that was all because of their defense not buttfumble. It's the easiest division to predict who's winning each year. 
 Their division has nothing to do what you’ve seen the last two weeks 

I honestly don't even care about performance enhancers. They're all doing something. They just measure how much is it worth it vs getting caught. It's a silly thing to get worked up over anyway. Sosa and McGuire saved baseball by hitting bombs. Now I can't even remember who won the world series the last 5 years. I know the Cubs and Astros are in there but can't remember any others. Royals maybe. Red Sox obviously. No idea who they played. 

I honestly don't even care about performance enhancers. They're all doing something. They just measure how much is it worth it vs getting caught. It's a silly thing to get worked up over anyway. Sosa and McGuire saved baseball by hitting bombs. Now I can't even remember who won the world series the last 5 years. I know the Cubs and Astros are in there but can't remember any others. Royals maybe. Red Sox obviously. No idea who they played. 
I agree but didn’t want a thousand word essay so I avoided it. Or tried to lol. 

If Bonds hit 70 on the juice and than got caught and hit 70 off it he’s great and I don’t care what else gets said. That’s what deflate gate is to me. And I could really give 2 ####s about who cheated on who with who on any team lol

Cowboys and Steelers dynasties we're precap era. They could just pay to keep all of those hall of famers together. Pats have been recycling this team for 18 years and getting it done. How many hall of famers besides Brady are on these Patriots teams from the last 18 years?
Gronk, Bruschi, Harrison, They had Revis for awhile, Adam Vinateri, Ty Law, Mike Compton?, They had Moss, Corey Dillion (He's top 20in Career Rush TDs no), Rodney Harrison, I know linemen are hard but Logan Mankins, they had Junior Seau, Welker possible one of the best Slot guys to ever play, They had Joey Galloway, Devin McCourty possible if he keeps playing at a high level, Gostkowki possible?, Edelman possible, They had Chandler Jones by no means saying he's a HoF but he's one of the top pass rushers in the league. Thats just some of the guys who have been on this roster. 

Gronk, Bruschi, Harrison, They had Revis for awhile, Adam Vinateri, Ty Law, Mike Compton?, They had Moss, Corey Dillion (He's top 20in Career Rush TDs no), Rodney Harrison, I know linemen are hard but Logan Mankins, they had Junior Seau, Welker possible one of the best Slot guys to ever play, They had Joey Galloway, Devin McCourty possible if he keeps playing at a high level, Gostkowki possible?, Edelman possible, They had Chandler Jones by no means saying he's a HoF but he's one of the top pass rushers in the league. Thats just some of the guys who have been on this roster. 
His definition of HOF is probably wayyyyy different than yours. 

Also, did Moss win a ring there? Seau in the twilight of his career? 

When I found out what they did and what the owners and media knew I felt like I was used and lied too. It was great when it was going on yeah but now knowing what I do I feel so dirty. Baseball took a cheap way out to save the game that is too me now. 

I like seeing different teams win titles unless its my team every year. It's why I've lost so much interest in basketball over the last 10 years or so because it's the same teams winning but I've always been more of a casual fan there. Football is my #1 sport and trust me if I was a casual fan I probably would've stopped watching football seeing the Patriots in the title year after year. I actually lost a lot of interest in baseball only kept up do to my keeper league team and a lot of that is because of Reuben Amaro and his stupid moves I lost interest but I'm getting more back into it the last 3 yrs. Sorry but unless its my team winning constantly the title I find it boring seeing some one else winning year after the year. I've had people try this greatness argument with me when it comes to LeBron and basketball and it didn't work. Call it ignorance or whatever it's just not gonna work so I can save you the time. 

Well that's me I care and it's why I never rooted for the Sixers for what AI did off the court. Also working in retail and ending up working with people who worked at the store he shopped at the most and hearing those stories, I'm absolutely glad I never rooted for the guy. I hated the Eagles Signing Vick. Glad he turned his life around but he should've been banned for life. These sports are a privilege to play IMHO not an entitlement. Your talent to me doesn't out weigh anything else. I didn't want Foster when he was available, and don't want Hunt either. Don't care if you are a future HoFer too. 

Do you know how much of an effect a deflated ball has? it's pretty big. Performance enchanters give guys unnatural ability and also incredible dangerous if used too much they can kill you. 

His definition of HOF is probably wayyyyy different than yours. 

Also, did Moss win a ring there? Seau in the twilight of his career? 
He asked about HOF players Both are in or will be in the HoF. Probably is different but lets not pretend that Brady played with Scrubs. Put Peyton on NE and he probably has 3-4 SBs as well. Brady is in a perfect situation. It's why I always say with college quarterbacks it really matters what team they go too

Do you know how much of an effect a deflated ball has? 
I do. I also know what it’s like inflated properly in the second half of the Colts game and the Super Bowl that year a few weeks later 👍 

Like I said, just enjoy it before it’s over. 

Like I said I just can't do it. I can't appreciate a team who may have won multiple titles not doing it the right way.
What is the "right way"?  They haven't busted the cap, have had non-elite talent on both sides of the ball, and still found a way to dominate.  We will never see a sports dynasty again like this in our life time.  A team (player/coach) this good could be super arrogant, selfish, etc.  Bash Tom all you want, but he seems like a pretty decent dad, husband, and person.  I really don't get how people can have such ill will towards the guy.  He even says all the right things to the media, gives every ounce of credit of his success to his teammates, and respects his opponents.  What else do you want the guy to do?

Ok so that's your excuse for them winning the division.  What's your excuse for them then going on and winning the next 3 playoff games (against the top teams in the conference) consistently every year?  The 'weak division' excuse works if the team fizzles out in the playoffs.  Not if you make the super bowl in over half of your seasons as a starter.

That team/QB/Coach/Etc. is legit, there's no ifs ands or buts about it.  And it makes beating them in the Super Bowl even more special.

We should all get a kick out of this 

Sign in NO Says we were Robbed

Jamie Apody the Reporter who Sean Payton went after linked this article on her Facebook with 

🤦🏼‍♀️

(And listen I full on realize if the roles were reversed we might be saying the same thing but after those awful Saints fans I had to deal with on Twitter last week I don’t feel bad for them)

What is the "right way"?  They haven't busted the cap, have had non-elite talent on both sides of the ball, and still found a way to dominate.  We will never see a sports dynasty again like this in our life time.  A team (player/coach) this good could be super arrogant, selfish, etc.  Bash Tom all you want, but he seems like a pretty decent dad, husband, and person.  I really don't get how people can have such ill will towards the guy.  He even says all the right things to the media, gives every ounce of credit of his success to his teammates, and respects his opponents.  What else do you want the guy to do?

Ok so that's your excuse for them winning the division.  What's your excuse for them then going on and winning the next 3 playoff games (against the top teams in the conference) consistently every year?  The 'weak division' excuse works if the team fizzles out in the playoffs.  Not if you make the super bowl in over half of your seasons as a starter.

That team/QB/Coach/Etc. is legit, there's no ifs ands or buts about it.  And it makes beating them in the Super Bowl even more special.
For me it's act like you've been there before. Tom and Bill and even former players gets butthurt at any mention of a single bad thing about the patriots that is warranted. Harrison is on Sunday Night football every week crying about someone in the media going after his former team.  I thought what Lane said about them was 100% correct. Not only are they arrogant but they look down on everyone else basically. Yeah Tom has done some good things off the field but seeing some of these leaked reports about the team issues Brady sounds like a complete d-bag if true how he was insulted about the Patriots getting Jimmy G to the point they had to trade him. Theres guys out there who played there leaving and saying the Tom in the public is a different guy you get in the locker room. Yeah he says all the right things in the media but it seems like its all an act. Yeah Tom you're good but eventually you're gonna be done. I have a feeling Brady is gonna be a Favre at some point. A guy who should retire but refuses too and just hurts the team more by staying. Also like I said I have some strong opinions about guys actions on the field and I view what he did to Bridget Moynahan pretty pathetic. Yeah they ended the relationship but after she found out Brady heated on her. Sorry but again like I said I take some of these things more seriously then others. I'm the type that doesn't care how good you are. Brady didn't break any laws by any means but it still doesn't mean he's a great person either. Also I find him kissing his son the way he did a little creepy. He also has that punchable face of the rich entitled kid who goes to Private school who has the popped color. 

As for Bill he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. Again there's multiple accusations of the team cheating as well. I'd blow it off if it was just one or two things but there's been multiple accusations of them doing it over the years and again why was the evidence destroyed during spy gate? The viewing public who pays the bills for the league should know what was in that evidence? I'd have been perfectly fine if they showed it and it said well this doesn't proved it helped the team anyway at all and be done with it but Rodger chose to have it destroyed. Why? I think the guy is incredible disrespectful to the media and the Team walks very close to crossing the line on rules. It made me smile seeing Bill get mad because someone ran an illegal pick play on him today for a score as he's the king of them. 

As for the Division. Because it's a lot harder to maintain their playoff berth in a harder division is that competitive. They've beaten a team who routinely chokes come playoff time in the Chargers, beaten a .500 Peyton Manning who has had less help then Brady and dumb coaches over the years, Tuck Rule and some other questionable NFL decision making as well. They've beaten Andy who I love but the dude just can't win the big one. Yeah they are a good team no doubt about that but they are beatable. People act like they are unstoppable which isn't true. The problem is teams have been playing the Patriots scared for yrs You can't play scared against them or you are gonna lose. The Eagles beat them last year because they didn't play Scared. The Giants beat them in the SB twice because they didn't play scared. ATL played scared and didn't go for the jugular when they could. The patriots are beatable 

For me it's act like you've been there before. Tom and Bill and even former players gets butthurt at any mention of a single bad thing about the patriots that is warranted. Harrison is on Sunday Night football every week crying about someone in the media going after his former team.  I thought what Lane said about them was 100% correct. Not only are they arrogant but they look down on everyone else basically. Yeah Tom has done some good things off the field but seeing some of these leaked reports about the team issues Brady sounds like a complete d-bag if true how he was insulted about the Patriots getting Jimmy G to the point they had to trade him. Yeah Tom you're good but eventually you're gonna be done. I have a feeling Brady is gonna be a Favre at some point. A guy who should retire but refuses too and just hurts the team more by staying. Also like I said I have some strong opinions about guys actions on the field and I view what he did to Bridget Moynahan pretty pathetic. Yeah they ended the relationship but after she found out Brady heated on her. Sorry but again like I said I take some of these things more seriously then others. I'm the type that doesn't care how good you are. Brady didn't break any laws by any means but it still doesn't mean he's a great person either. Also I find him kissing his son the way he did a little creepy As for Bill he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. Again there's multiple accusations of the team cheating as well. I'd blow it off if it was just one or two things but there's been multiple accusations of them doing it over the years and again why was the evidence destroyed during spy gate? The viewing public who pays the bills for the league should know what was in that evidence? I'd have been perfectly fine if they showed it and it said well this doesn't proved it helped the team anyway at all and be done with it but Rodger chose to have it destroyed. Why? 

Because it's a lot harder to maintain their playoff berth in a harder division is what I'm saying. They've beaten a team who routinely chokes come playoff time in the Chargers, beaten a .500 Peyton Manning who has had less help then Brady and dumb coaches over the years, Tuck Rule and some other questionable NFL decision making as well. Yeah they are a good team no doubt about that but they are beatable. People act like they are unstoppable which isn't true. The problem is teams have been playing the Patriots scared for yrs You can't play scared against them or you are gonna lose. The Eagles beat them last year because they didn't play Scared. The Giants beat them in the SB twice because they didn't play scared. ATL played scared and didn't go for the jugular when they could. The patriots are beatable 
I did my best to speed read through that so caught a few things. 

Almost everything you said has no basis and is an extreme exaggeration.  I'm pretty sure many of the Eagles players (and players from any team in the league) have cheated on their significant others as well.  I absolutely don't condone that, but seems like a weird thing to call a single player out for.  The way he kisses his son is creepy? lol.

Again, I do not think they got a playoff birth any of those years because of their division.  If they can routinely make it to the Super Bowl, then their playoff birth is warranted.  I really don't understand the hate.  For their success, they could be 1000X worse.  They seem to have a lot of respect for their opponents, teammates, and have one of the best cultures in the league.  Nothing but respect for those guys and I hope they beat the Rams badly.

Jesus lads.....

I’ll use use a bulletin point list:

1. Sorry for Andy, but I knew that D of his would cost him eventually.

1A. Makes our win last year even more impressive.

2.Cheating or not, we are witnessing something beyond even the Yankees success before any of us were likely alive regarding NE.

3.Tough luck Peyton. I feel terrible for you 😚

4. Last year I couldn’t do a party. I only could watch with my kid and wife. This year, I may do a party because these two teams were the outcome I wanted to see the least. 

4A. I’m more looking forward to the Game of Thrones season 8 trailer than I am the game...

5. To quote Sal Palentonio: our owner, GM, HC and QB are all A! Filled with optomism for 2019 season!

Love'em or Hate'em the Pats just know how to get things done.  Brady and Bellicheck GOAT.

The no PI call was the worst no call in NFL history.  Saints got robbed.  But if it had to happen to someone I am happy it happened to Shawn Payton 😁

Karma (or is it Kamara?) is a ##### Shawn.

Love'em or Hate'em the Pats just know how to get things done.  Brady and Bellicheck GOAT.

The no PI call was the worst no call in NFL history.  Saints got robbed.  But if it had to happen to someone I am happy it happened to Shawn Payton 😁

Karma (or is it Kamara?) is a ##### Shawn.
No ski masks or Dreams & Nightmares in the locker room post game?

Users who are viewing this thread